Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

ETA on this? I'm pretty interested and still want that ShoC mod you had a while back.

I've put the ShoC mod on the back burner for a short while as I was getting very burned out on it (running the same areas 20x times in a week will do that to you)

This is nearly done. Right now the major thing I want to do is port the sky anomaly effects over. I've already done Zaton, so right now it's just doing Jupiter/Pripyat.

It's kind of finicky since Sky Anomaly changes several anomalies fundamentally to get the effects, which means I've basically got to make them as new anomalies and recompile the all.spawn or several things in Misery won't actually function correctly (not a huge departure from normal business, though)

Not a huge job, but time consuming and boring.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8yxRVaDls

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Mar 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Swartz posted:

Trojaunch is to blame. He did the same thing when I was on the team, he managed to screw everything up. Screwed everything up that Alundaio did too. He has problems keeping track of changes and merges for some reason.

Anyway I don't think/I hope they can't manage to screw up an interactive graphical novel the same they can with an FPS. It actually looks pretty interesting and at this point it looks like they'll get enough backers to get it made. In terms of them wanting jobs, I bet N.Aaroe could get one as he has some great graphical talent.

Does anyone here still play Clear Sky? The OGSE team is amazing as always and made some new shaders that make grass waves which they released. I could probably port the shaders to work with both DX9&10 in CS if anyone wants them, but I can't do the same with COP except for DX9 (10&11 uses a new system which makes it close to impossible). Obviously I won't bother though if there is no interest.
Clear Sky is actually my favourite, if only because of the factions. Taking on the Duty base practically by your lonesome is still one of my favourite stalker moments. So many guns. :allears:

That said though, I'm not huge into graphics. I installed complete for CS and while it looks a lot nicer than vanilla COP it's not something that is "Do or Die" for me.

Ddraig posted:

I've put the ShoC mod on the back burner for a short while as I was getting very burned out on it (running the same areas 20x times in a week will do that to you)

This is nearly done. Right now the major thing I want to do is port the sky anomaly effects over. I've already done Zaton, so right now it's just doing Jupiter/Pripyat.

It's kind of finicky since Sky Anomaly changes several anomalies fundamentally to get the effects, which means I've basically got to make them as new anomalies and recompile the all.spawn or several things in Misery won't actually function correctly (not a huge departure from normal business, though)

Not a huge job, but time consuming and boring.

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a8yxRVaDls
Your mod sounds cool as gently caress. Genuinely sorta looking forward to it.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell am I supposed to do about the psi level near the scientist camp in Clear Sky?

E: Figured that out. Now I have new problems

Lots of targets outside of 5 feet on Clear Sky! The goddamn shotguns are more accurate at range.

frank.club fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 31, 2014

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ddraig posted:

A few of Misery's misc items have had cloned versions which have a different description and do things, so that picture of a woman you picked up could be a freaky version of it that constantly feeds the sound of a crying woman into your head until you get rid of it.

You could be walking around randomly and a ghostly image appears infront of you and then vanishes immediately.

This sounds like the coolest thing ever. Along with the random "useless" anomalies. I'm really excited! :D

Also it turns out deleting my user.ltx fixed my BSOD's from happening when I load save files in Autumn Aurora 2.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's a new event in Zaton, too.

If it happens to get triggered, then you may want to hold back if you decide to go for the laptop in the merc camp. They might call in the very, very big guns and it isn't very particular about what it happens to kill.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Ddraig, is there a blog or anything like that you're using (besides this thread) to post updates on your work? I mean so far your mod so far really does seem like everything a stalker mod should be, assuming it was trying to make a "more STALKER-ish world." Or at the very least, is bringing the world much closer to that of Roadside Picnic.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

My personal project for Misery is coming along well. Right now I'm just transferring the unique anomalies from Sky Anomaly to it. Thanks to TGKP on the GSC forums, I've figured out how to enable/disable anomalies randomly, so now the Zone will no longer be static. Truly weird poo poo will happen. There's a random chance you might see a second moon in the sky one day, and it be gone the next. Patches of little to no gravity, ghostly vehicles haunted by god knows what. Random screams and shaking in certain buildings that come from nowhere. In other words, putting the Alienation back into the Zone of Alienation.

Kind of pisses me off how Trojanauch seems to hate virtually everything about the stalker setting. I get the feeling that if he could entirely get rid of the anomalies/artifacts without it pissing people off, he would.

http://imgur.com/a/Sk0L6

Sadly my idea for you making GBS threads yourself to death in first person was too much :effort: to implement well, so I went for the next best thing :v:

You can even see the aftermath of taking it, where my compadre decides to loot me.

HAHA I like your dig at Misery with the "I work alone" line. Speaking of writing though, I'd like to make the same offer to you that I did to Swartz. I'm something of a writer, and if you need the help, I'd be happy to edit and/or contribute to your mod(s). You always seem kinda bogged down with heavy work loads, and I imagine like any other modder you want to see that release, sooner or later.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Mar 31, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Right now there's custom dialog based on your chosen class. So snipers, recon and assaulters will have slightly different dialog with Barsakov.

At the moment this is going to be a relatively barebones release. Feature complete, for the most part, but some of the cooler stuff I want to do with the whole "undercover" angle will need a bit of work in the future.

For example, I want to have it so if you turn up in the Skadovsk with your battered military overcoat, talking to stalkers will bring comment on the body armor underneath etc.

I also want to script in an encounter with a bunch of people holding your cover hostage for money, but I kind of suck at logic scripting so that's going to be a challenge.

Swiddlefiddler
Jul 3, 2011

Ddraig posted:

I also want to script in an encounter with a bunch of people holding your cover hostage for money, but I kind of suck at logic scripting so that's going to be a challenge.

If you somehow manage to pull that off without it being buggy you're a god, I played your last edit of misery and it was great, this looks like its gonna be even better.

Also whats the deal with this, is this something new npcs will do or is apart of a quest?

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Swiddlefiddler posted:

If you somehow manage to pull that off without it being buggy you're a god, I played your last edit of misery and it was great, this looks like its gonna be even better.

Also whats the deal with this, is this something new npcs will do or is apart of a quest?

Sometimes you can bluff NPCs into thinking you've got a gun on them, and while they're surrendered, you can walk up to them and grind against them and make kissing noises.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Sometimes you can bluff NPCs into thinking you've got a gun on them, and while they're surrendered, you can walk up to them and grind against them and make kissing noises.

Now I really want this feature.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Swiddlefiddler posted:

That's a new merchant in Jupiter.

Let's just say you can put the fear of god into him depending on how you go about a certain mission.

e: One thing about Second Way is that there's a lot of stuff you can easily miss out on. Vano will eventually vanish if you don't do his mission on time, for example, and Sultan will vanish from the Skadovsk if you gently caress up his business.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 31, 2014

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Ddraig posted:

That's a new merchant in Jupiter.

Let's just say you can put the fear of god into him depending on how you go about a certain mission.

e: One thing about Second Way is that there's a lot of stuff you can easily miss out on. Vano will eventually vanish if you don't do his mission on time, for example, and Sultan will vanish from the Skadovsk if you gently caress up his business.

At the risk of going into spoiler territory, does Sultan pop back up if you screw up his business? Because I can totally see him sending a bunch of bandits on your rear end for screwing everything up for him.

In any case, the mod looks really awesome and I can't wait to give it a shot :)

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

MadBimber posted:

HAHA I like your dig at Misery with the "I work alone" line. Speaking of writing though, I'd like to make the same offer to you that I did to Swartz. I'm something of a writer, and if you need the help, I'd be happy to edit and/or contribute to your mod(s). You always seem kinda bogged down with heavy work loads, and I imagine like any other modder you want to see that release, sooner or later.

This reminds me: Alundaio (Pripyat Reborn) is in need of a dialog writer for Call of Chernobyl.

If you happen to be interested and Ddraig doesn't need any help I'm sure he would be very appreciative of any writing you'd be willing to do.

Here's a link to the information needed for writing: http://forum.epicstalker.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=132

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

NEED TOILET PAPER posted:

At the risk of going into spoiler territory, does Sultan pop back up if you screw up his business? Because I can totally see him sending a bunch of bandits on your rear end for screwing everything up for him.

In any case, the mod looks really awesome and I can't wait to give it a shot :)

It may be a possibility. Like I said, right now I just want to get something out as quickly as possible (I've run into an issue in Pripyat... terrible frame rate, not sure if it's something Misery is causing or my own addition or just one of those things)

Those who want to be a bit detective can search around the game files for unfinished content, though, if they really want to as there's a lot I haven't been bothered to remove.

Right now, I'm pretty much using everything I learned from modding SoC into this, because Call of Pripyat is a gently caress of a lot easier to do a lot of things in than SoC is. Fleshes now have a.. variant. You'll rarely encounter them, but they're freaky when you do. Fractures also have a bit of a larger role. There's a bit of lore about them that's been established in the books and several other mods that I've found a clever way of implementing.

I also want to see if I can make a specific "Emission" for indoor levels. There's only two of them, and arguably they're deep enough underground where an emission wouldn't be noticed, but I was somewhat inspired by OGSE who had a different emission cycle if you were an indoor level, and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement.

e: Wbat I really need is someone who can make a few achievement icons for me. I've got a few that need them, and I don't really want the Generic "No Data" icon.

e: As for the Alundaio stuff, I have A LOT of stuff that I wrote for the Misery Hotfix's dialog manager that made it to the cutting room floor because it wasn't grimdark enough for them. They included some of it in 2.1 but a lot of it was modified or otherwise removed. I used to do quite a bit of writing myself when I was younger but sort of fell out of it, and luckily stalker is a setting where any ludicrous idea can be somewhat credible.

Here's what I wrote for the Hotfix:

http://pastebin.com/Uz8hzPY6

Some of it was based on specific achievements (like Marked by the Zone) etc.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 31, 2014

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
I'd be interested in helping with the achievement icons; let me know what the new achievements are and I'll see if there's something I can do for you. :)

Also... yeah that text you've written is great stuff. LOL at the jab about guns costing so much to repair... And thing about Stalkers with official permits, heh that's right out of Roadside Picnic.

(And the shoes with soles... haha, Red Dwarf!)

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Mar 31, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Quick question:

I want to move the shop Bonesetter has to the new merchant in Jupiter to get rid of the retarded discrepancy that Bonesetter, a medic, is breaking the hippocratic oath by selling guns and ammunition. First do no harm :rolleyes:

The thing is, the merchant is a bandit, and due to his location (the checkpoint) is part of one of Jupiter's quests. So if you decide to go gun-ho and murder everyone in the camp, you'll cut off a vital supply source and make Jupiter that much more difficult.

So if you want to remain with a fairly steady supply of guns/ammunition, you either need to be diplomatic, or ignore the quest entirely (in which case Vano will vanish)

It's kind of a difficult choice. So should I actually include it or not?

e: Also for the achievement icons. I've got a template of the actual file, along with a brief description of the new achievements/what you need to do.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847454/Achievements.7z

The icons themselves are 121x121. I've included a few placeholders (way more than is needed) for a general idea.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Mar 31, 2014

Swiddlefiddler
Jul 3, 2011

Ddraig posted:

Quick question:

I want to move the shop Bonesetter has to the new merchant in Jupiter to get rid of the retarded discrepancy that Bonesetter, a medic, is breaking the hippocratic oath by selling guns and ammunition. First do no harm :rolleyes:

The thing is, the merchant is a bandit, and due to his location (the checkpoint) is part of one of Jupiter's quests. So if you decide to go gun-ho and murder everyone in the camp, you'll cut off a vital supply source and make Jupiter that much more difficult.

So if you want to remain with a fairly steady supply of guns/ammunition, you either need to be diplomatic, or ignore the quest entirely (in which case Vano will vanish)

It's kind of a difficult choice. So should I actually include it or not?

Would be a decent incentive to not just go shoot up the place, unlike in vanilla where theres literally no reason you shouldn't.

Sphrin
Apr 13, 2012
Yeah, the only reason to pay in every other version is you can't kill the guys in the room fast enough because the little hallway makes it easy to just lean and kill all the dudes that slowly come walking in on you so you just need to be able to blast the leader and guard fast enough.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The main problem I can forsee is that if you end up killing him, you might end up with a shitload of brand new weapons/ammo/meds since I'm not sure how Call of Pripyat handles the death of traders, since none of them actually die in the main game :v:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Doesn't the one tucked away in a stairwell in Pripyat whip out an RPG on you if you come with your gun up?

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Ddraig posted:

This is good stuff. Could I use this for my mod?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

E.Nigma posted:

This is good stuff. Could I use this for my mod?

Sure. One of the nicest things about the stalker modding scene (in general) is that people aren't really hugely concerned about what people do with their stuff, as long as it's used usefully.

This is rather contrasting with the Fallout modding scene where people routinely throw hissy fits and remove everything over the slightest slight. It's bizarre.

e: Holy hell, Controllers in Misery really are hosed beyond redemption. Here's my current changes:

Their aura radius has been DRAMATICALLY reduced. By 20 meters. The power has also been considerably reduced... it was something absurd like 8.9 or something. Now it's barely above 0.50

What they do now is add an entirely new postprocess effect whenever you get close to them. It's already lurking in the game files, but isn't used. It's sort of an extreme darkening effect, to the point where you can barely see three feet infront of you. Coupled with their tube/claws, it makes them an incredibly deadly mutant still.. just not to the point where going within 100ft of them will result in you dying in an instant.

This makes way, way more sense. Why would a controller advertise its presence so openly? It would wait for you to get close enough to jump you, shut down your senses and mentally violate you. Not giving you a 100ft window to go "Nope, not going there"

The funniest thing is that even GSC realized this is what a controller would do. The one in CoP even gives you a loving warning: Leave here little man. In Misery he would never have the opportunity to say that, since you'd be dead before you got in range of him.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 1, 2014

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

How's this look? An emblem for Hypocritical Hippocrates, and two versions of one for One In A Million:

(I'm not sure about the embroidered effect I did on the Hypocritical Hippocrates one.)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Those are great! I'd love for you to do more.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I think if you add features that can screw you over like that, they should be communicated clearly enough that there's an obvious choice to be made, since in the vanilla game and other mods you can be pretty used to just rushing through those dialogues.

Sphrin posted:

Yeah, the only reason to pay in every other version is you can't kill the guys in the room fast enough because the little hallway makes it easy to just lean and kill all the dudes that slowly come walking in on you so you just need to be able to blast the leader and guard fast enough.

The easiest time I killed those guys, there was an emission right before I was going to attack them so they all went into that little room. I spent a terrifying 2 minutes with my back to the door, the sky exploding behind me and a room full of 12 trigger-happy bandits in front of me, then when it was over I ran out and threw a grenade in there before they piled out.

It didn't really do anything as usual for grenades, but I did only have to shoot them from one direction!

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006

Ddraig posted:

Some of it was based on specific achievements (like Marked by the Zone) etc.

There's some good stuff in here, man. I really like that you referenced Harlan Ellison. It's cool how some of those guys sound like really salt of the earth types. Linking to events from prior games is nice, too, if a little fan-servicey.

MadBimber fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 1, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've added a small dialog to Hawaiian about where to get weapons. I'm considering making Hawaiian not sell weapons, since he's got a bit of situation with Duty and Freedom, without arming the fuckers aswell.

Also explains why Vano is in a huge amount of debt if the only place to get decent weapons in Jupiter is from the Bandits.

e: I do feel kind of sorry for snipers now, as they start off right by a rather huge new anomaly field full of new anomalies.

Pilot has a few new dialogs about the weirder new anomalies.

Also how do people feel about random single anomalies dispersed around the levels? One of the things I miss about Shadow of Chernobyl is that anomalies can be anywhere, and are totally unpredictable. Having them consigned to anomaly fields is kind of a bummer.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Apr 1, 2014

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

I always liked the random anomalies all over the place! For me STALKER has always been about running across a grassy field peppered with cool-looking but deadly distortion effects.

Call of Pripyat's thing of having freaky looking areas affected by anomalies was a great idea, but I'd love to see the little anomalies all over the place as well. You shouldn't be able to safely sprint around in the zone and not come across anything weird until you come to a special anomaly area.

Apparently that ARS mod adds dynamic anomalies, and also Call of Pripyat made NPCs immune to anomalies but ARS made them able to be hurt by them again, but NPCs are given anomaly avoidance behaviour.

Reading the comments on moddb the only problem with that is sometimes important NPCs can get killed as if they are on some kind of quest/mission they run there in a straight line rather than using AI. Personally that's something I can live with as I'm sure it would only happen very occasionally, players just have to be sure to save regularly and if they encounter that then wait half an hour before doing that mission so that the anomalies will have moved.

Oh, do please include Anomaly Activation. There is a working anomaly activation mod for Call of Pripyat, where you correctly hold the artifact in your hands etc. And fireball isn't bugged! (Dunno if you saw earlier in the thread, I figured out a workaround for the bugged ShoC version.) I love the idea that you can find an artifact and you can either wear it for some minor stat boost, or you can sell it for thousands... or you use it to suck some bandits into a black hole.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The problem with the artifact activation mod is that the anomalies, for whatever reason, do not actually do anything to npcs so it's basically just a very elaborate way to kill yourself :v:

I have no idea if that would be fixed with ARS' npc anomaly tweak, though.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Yeah from what I've read it appears that artifact activation in ordinary Call of Pripyat is only useful against monsters, because human NPCs are immune to all anomalies (not just ones created by the player). ARS removes that immunity, and adds anomalies all over the place like you are doing, and gives NPCs AI to try and avoid anomalies. Don't think it adds artifact activation, though. Might be worth seeing if artifact activation can be merged with ARS or Sky Anomaly and then see what happens.

Regardless of that... I decided to abandon my plan of playing through all three games in sequence and I've just installed Call of Pripyat and I'm about to install that Sky Anomaly mod and the ARS english translation.

I'm a bit confused though, on the Sky Anomaly webpage there is a HEAVENLY ANOMALIYa.zip and there is also a MAXIMUM version.zip. At least that's what google translate calls it. I'm guessing maximum version is really "latest version" and that's the one I should download?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Maximum Version is the full version. Contains everything. I believe the other one only really has updates to the existing anomalies.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

Thanks!

I've got a couple more ideas for achievement icons for you, I think I should be able to get you a full set. Have you thought of what the rewards will be for getting those achievements?

Oh, if you do manage to get human NPCs to be killed by anomalies and you decide to include artifact activation... you should have an achievement for activating a certain number of artifacts. I want an excuse to make an achievement icon of something being sucked into a vortex, heh.

I understand Sky Anomaly includes the Absolute texture packs... does it also include AtmosFear?

I'm guessing it doesn't. In which case, time for me to do my first bit of mod merging. (And I notice that the tutorial on merging mods on the stalker mod wiki is done by Cromm Cruac, the creator of AtmosFear... heh.)

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 1, 2014

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Yeah, I've already got a clear idea what the rewards are for a lot of them.

Spoiler, I guess:

25 to Life: You'll never be robbed in your sleep. Reputation hit, slight increase in money earned in quests.
Hypocritical Hippocrates: Medics will charge you half price for their services. Slight reputation increase
No Prayer for the Dying: Stalkers far, far less likely to surrender and will fight to the death.
Down Among the Dead Men: 'Cast iron liver', radiation slowly decreases over time

I'm also proud to announce my concept for a dynamic eye_range changing script actually works!

What it does, is it determines what time of day it is, and changes NPC's eye_range based on that. In the night, it's decreased by up to 3 times for rookies, and about half for veterans/master stalkers. Stalkers assigned as "leaders" or "snipers" in their spawn sections usually have the regular eye-range, as they're trained to look out.

Right now I just need to adjust it for various weather cycles. Foggy/very foggy is going to reduce eye range by up to 10 times, possibly. You can barely see the ground infront of you, there's literally no reason why stalkers should be able to see much farther than you can.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Apr 1, 2014

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

That eye script sounds brilliant.

I know lots of people grumbled about some mods (like Stalker Complete) making NPCs have poor vision at night, because if you are wearing night vision then you can easily take out enemies without them spotting you. Personally, I think "well yeah, that's the point of wearing night vision!" But then there is the argument that the enemies themselves probably have armour with night vision. The fact that you've got veteran/master stalkers having better eye range at night takes care of that issue, as they'll be the ones with good armour and night vision.

And doing that for fog will be excellent - games where fog or smoke limits your vision by a few metres while enemies are unaffected are the worst thing. In fog you should have "whoops... oh poo poo" moments as you stumble right into some enemies, they should be similarly oblivious.

I myself I have been tweaking the values in the "Stalkers Are Not Blind (anomaly evasion)" mod for ShoC, a version of which is also in OGSE. Stalkers Are Not Blind made it so that there was a very, very small chance that a Stalker would not notice an anomaly and walk in to his death. For Rookies it was 5%, while with Masters it was only1% so it would basically never happen. This chance of a screw-up increases when the NPCs are in combat mode, so Rookies have a 20% chance of not noticing anomalies and Masters have 5%. (Or something like that, I don't remember the exact figures.)

I'm tweaking it so that rookie stalkers have a higher chance of screwing up in while wandering around (20% rather than 5%), and very high during combat, 80%. The slightly more experienced stalkers will be 50%, while the veterans will be 20%.

I'm also trying those values in OGSE's version of Stalkers Are Not Blind, as in normal OGSE the NPCs NEVER have a chance of screwing up. I guess they did that because there are random stalkers wandering around that will loot bodies and pick up artifacts, so they'll be wandering near anomalies quite often. The fact that they never walk into anomalies - even though anomalies change after blowouts in OGSEs - seemed a bit silly to me, given that I had a hard time avoiding them. What's fun though is that STALKERs will try to loot artifacts dropped on the ground, so activated artifacts act like The World's Most Interesting Bomb from MDK. They'll attempt to pick it up and then the anomaly will activate in their face!

Once the anomaly is actually created NPCs steer clear of it though. Except... looking at the script it appears that if the NPC is wounded or is running to safety from a blowout then OGSE disables the anomaly avoidance behaviour. Heh heh heh, I'm gonna pop some anomalies in front of doorways next time there's a blowout...

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Right now I've done a blanket reduction in eye_range and eye_fov in foggy and very foggy weather. This is for all npcs except zombies and monolith.

Foggy weather reduces the eye_range by 7 times, very foggy by 10. This reads the value in the stalker config so it will apply the same relative modifiers no matter what the eye_range value is set to.

So if the eye range is 250, in very foggy weather it will be reduced to 25, 150 to 15 etc.

Although for that particular setting it might make more sense to set it to an actual fixed number.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey Ddraig, I've never cared to try Misery at all before but I think that's going to change when your mod comes out. Can't wait!

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Well, some dick beta-tester leaked Lost Alpha: http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha/news/lost-alpha-update

On the bright side it means they will be officially releasing it this month, but it sounds like it isn't done still.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
My PDA in SGM 1.7 says I can give mechanics gear that I don't need for spare parts. So...how do I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Monolith. posted:

My PDA in SGM 1.7 says I can give mechanics gear that I don't need for spare parts. So...how do I do that?

Should be a box of some kind near the mechanic. For Cardan I think it's the big blue safe on your right if you're facing him. Drop your junk guns in there, then talk to Cardan and the dialog option to convert them into parts should show up.