Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Goddamn he is one handsome motherfucker for 37 years old.

Also amusing bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MikeJF posted:

Goddamn he is one handsome motherfucker for 37 years old.

37 isn't that old!

:smith:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

37 isn't that old!

I'm just saying, Dawson's Creek was a long time ago and he's aged daym.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
Joan Rivers is a national treasure.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Was there a thursday ep of Conan? Over at his website I'm only seeing Wednesday.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Frostwerks posted:

Was there a thursday ep of Conan? Over at his website I'm only seeing Wednesday.
Nah, the rest of the week was new but last night was a rerun. The show's heading to Dallas next week so I guess they took off a day early to prepare.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Nah, the rest of the week was new but last night was a rerun. The show's heading to Dallas next week so I guess they took off a day early to prepare.

3 episode week followed by a week off and then another 3 ep week. :allears:

Oh well at least we get a road show. Probably be another 3 ep week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Road shows have always been 4.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Armisen was away all week on The Seth Meyers Spectacular. It would be a funny joke if he just stayed away, and they stopped even making up reasons why. Then he could come back in like 3 months and say he was there for good again and be gone the next night.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
It would be great if he just stayed away in general.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

This could be a thing...

http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoembed.php?colid=714869

I can't wait for CraigyFerg and crew to invade TPIR!
Hell, even Shadoe Stevens will appear on camera which I don't think he's regularly done since he was on Dave's World in the 90's.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Finally got around to watching Joan on the Tonight Show. She's so fantastic, and I love her, but I'm still miffed about the whole Fashion Police Writer's Strike situation. I'm still glad that she got unbanned.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Deadpool posted:

Johnny banned her after she took a talk show host role in a competing time slot. They were very good friends and he felt betrayed. I don't think they ever really even talked again after that. I guess maybe Jay just kept up the ban for some reason.

Yeah, Joan's competing show was the first-ever show on Fox. Johnny was someone who could keep grudges for the rest of his life. And Leno becoming the new permanent guest host paved the way for him to take over.

Meanwhile, apparently Chelsea Handler is ending her E! show:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/chelsea-handler-end-e-show-692099

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Vertical Lime posted:

Meanwhile, apparently Chelsea Handler is ending her E! show:

quote:

Handler said on Stern’s show that she’d like a forum like Netflix. Broadcast networks probably are out, given Handler’s raunchy brand of humor.

Yes, her "raunchy brand of humor" and not her failed ABC sitcom or the fact that her ex-boyfriend runs NBC.

Chand0X
Sep 15, 2003

Robnoxious posted:

This could be a thing...

http://www.broadwayworld.com/videoembed.php?colid=714869

I can't wait for CraigyFerg and crew to invade TPIR!
Hell, even Shadoe Stevens will appear on camera which I don't think he's regularly done since he was on Dave's World in the 90's.

The last time Shadoe appeared on camera at all was during the final LLS in the old studio when Craig had everyone on stage.

That said, can't wait for TPIR with Craigyferg!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Reminder: Conan's taping his show from the Majestic Theater in Dallas this week. Guests are as follows:

I'm a big fan of his show all the time, but his road shows are typically better/crazier than the rest, so if you like Conan at all, you'll probably want to tune in for this.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He also typically does a remote every night, which is always fun.

Wednesday is kind of weak. Adam Sandler! Seth Rogan! The 4th most popular cast member from the Big Bang Theory!

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Tig Notaro is a goddamn genius.

The Robins Taley
Apr 3, 2006

I'd bone her.

Paradox Personified posted:

Tig Notaro is a goddamn genius.

One of my favorite bits is when Tig literally dragged a stool across the stage for almost all of her stand-up time a few years ago on Conan. It was so simple, SO stupid, and absolutely hilarious.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Aphrodite posted:

Wednesday is kind of weak. Adam Sandler! Seth Rogan! The 4th most popular cast member from the Big Bang Theory!

I was thinking Monday was the one to miss. I would take Moist from Dr Horrible over just about anything Sandler has assaulted an audience with.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

I don't know, Simon Helberg is usually pretty funny when he's not on The Big Bang Theory.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahahaha, Conan launching a humongous steak from a catapult at one end of a basketball court to try to make it into the basket at the other end of the court was amazing. Don't think he's done something like that since his week of Chicago shows and it was hilarious then too.

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006
Given that Drew Carey and Craig Ferguson are switching shows for April Fools', I should probably DVR Price is Right tomorrow.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

MisterZimbu posted:

Given that Drew Carey and Craig Ferguson are switching shows for April Fools', I should probably DVR Price is Right tomorrow.
The better half of the switch is premiering tomorrow morning. Only the 4th host to ever hold the TPIR (daytime) position in 40+ years.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Catching the tail end of The Late Show and Nick Cannon is on... he looks and sound like loving tool.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Fallon's guests were terrific tonight. Chris Evans sharing stories with his brother there was hilarious.

I know there's a degree of interview preparation with basically everyone except Craig, but Fallon's Tonight Show is good at making it feel more like "we planned out how we're gonna have fun with this guest!", and less like "here's some canned anecdotes!" Conan's REALLY bad about the latter, especially when there's a standup comic on and he just asks questions that cue them up for part of their set.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
Drew Carey is terrible at delivery and has no business being near a monologue. If he didn't have LLS's writers he would have died completely.

I haven't seen Drew in a really long time; did they do his hair like Craig's as a goof or is that his reality now?

SHVPS4DETH fucked around with this message at 10:24 on Apr 1, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Drew Carey is terrible at delivery and has no business being near a monologue. If he didn't have LLS's writers he would have died completely.
To be fair, Drew said he was going to ad lib his monologue. I thought he did pretty good and he seems to have grown into his thinner self to the point where he look healthy.

I was entertained. I was more surprised (and saddened) to learn that Carl Reiner is 92. He won't be around much longer and then we'll have to deal with Meathead. :(

DJ Pauls Gimp Arm
Mar 22, 2004

M-E-M-P-H-I-S

Aphrodite posted:

Yep, and last night's at the Deputy training center was a great start. "I'd like to be deputized as quickly as possible, given a gun and allowed to roam the streets." Hilarious.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:

The Robins Taley posted:

One of my favorite bits is when Tig literally dragged a stool across the stage for almost all of her stand-up time a few years ago on Conan. It was so simple, SO stupid, and absolutely hilarious.

Yeah I remember watching that and going "gently caress. She needs to perform more."

No moleste.

Robnoxious posted:

The better half of the switch is premiering tomorrow morning. Only the 4th host to ever hold the TPIR (daytime) position in 40+ years.
So what's the schedule? Drew tonight, Craig tomorrow?

Don't forget- RIFFTRAX is riffing on NatGeo live tonight for a few hours! Check your listings! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHCYc3UUA84

Paradox Personified fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Apr 1, 2014

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Robnoxious posted:

Bill Cullen
Bob Barker
Drew Carey
Ricky Lake
Craig Ferguson

5?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Irish Joe posted:

Bill Cullen
Bob Barker
Drew Carey
Ricky Lake
Craig Ferguson

Daytime host only. Ricky Lake, Tom Kennedy et. al. would fall under the syndicated version.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Geoff Peterson in a spa, flailing his arms around while wearing a blonde wig.

Craig got himself the best models for the show.:allears:

crm
Oct 24, 2004

Craig really did a pretty great job on TPIR. Really got into it.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Shinjobi posted:

Geoff Peterson in a spa, flailing his arms around while wearing a blonde wig.

While Secretariat acted like one of those drinking birds...

quote:

Craig got himself the best models for the show.:allears:

:allears::respek::allears:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Someone uploaded TPiR to youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mEhFxvG-vQ

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Craig did such a great job on TPiR, he got so loving excited whenever the contestants won. I grinned like an idiot the whole time. Craig is just pure entertainment.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I so badly want to see Craig and Drew switch jobs for about a month.

Geoff Peterson on TPIR was magical.

Same for Secretariat.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Gonz posted:

I so badly want to see Craig and Drew switch jobs for about a month.

Geoff Peterson on TPIR was magical.

Same for Secretariat.

That'd be good for The Price is Right and bad for The Late Late Show.

Basically, Craig, Geoff, and the horse-costumed interns should host everything on TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I had to explain to my grandmother earlier today why a gay robot skeleton, a fake horse and a Scottish man hosted her favorite TV game show.