Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
What if they keep Gosei around for Dino Charge?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Well, he'll just wind up with a giant hand with which to snap the fingers of.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The Battle of the Blands begins with the introduction of the Silver Ranger.

Disappointed that it's a week away, I really want to see how they're going to play/cut Gai's over--the-top in-suit antics to suit this guy.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Oh god, Delusion Energy at maximum, I better buckle in before I shift in MAXIMUM SPERGINGDRIVE.

But seriously, Gai's basically the antithesis of Saban's current acting standards, but I'm gonna watch anyway.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Scored a Legacy Morpher at Toys R Us today. Only bad thing is its the Tommy one. Are they still worth anything or was it the non toys r us ones? I'll prolly keep it regardless but I might want to sell to get the team Morpher instead.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

RBX posted:

Scored a Legacy Morpher at Toys R Us today. Only bad thing is its the Tommy one. Are they still worth anything or was it the non toys r us ones? I'll prolly keep it regardless but I might want to sell to get the team Morpher instead.

I think only the SDCC ones are holding any additional value at this point. The normal and Green/White morphers are in pretty decent supply at TRU now.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

RBX posted:

If you're thinking of selling, I may be willing to buy it off you. Shoot me a PM if you'd like.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWvKkl-Depc

Marketing teaser. Skip towards 2:25 for original legendary war footage. It... sadly looks like a bunch of them are there purely for the battle.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Just gonna leave this here...the best crossover.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

jivjov posted:

Just gonna leave this here...the best crossover.

...giant enigmatic heads that know the secrets of the universe...

Wonder if Eltar translates into Boe.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Why in the world do the Saban suits suck? And I'm not just talking about the one in that trailer, I mean whenever they do Original Footage. It's bad that I can instantly tell when they're using their versions of Gokaiger because their suits are always so not-shiny.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Tae posted:

Why in the world do the Saban suits suck? And I'm not just talking about the one in that trailer, I mean whenever they do Original Footage. It's bad that I can instantly tell when they're using their versions of Gokaiger because their suits are always so not-shiny.

Just found this on the matter:

http://henshingrid.blogspot.co.uk/2009/10/power-rangers-suits-vs-super-sentai.html

Its apparently due to different expectations and standards with regards to stunt people, and that, at least days, there's no longer an overlap between productions.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Oh god, the fandom streams are being crossed, now I want to see Colin Baker as the mentor of PR for a season

The smuggest mentor :smuggo:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Small update on the "Morphin' Madness" thing: It seems like JDFDF has turned it around and he's winning all three of his things again (or the bot has hosed up and is now voting for the other side since the disparity is now going in the other direction)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Xelkelvos posted:

Small update on the "Morphin' Madness" thing: It seems like JDFDF has turned it around and he's winning all three of his things again (or the bot has hosed up and is now voting for the other side since the disparity is now going in the other direction)

Time Pink is still winning, but only by a 1% margin :ohdear:.
Phantom Ranger and Titanium Ranger are still winning too so that's a plus as well.
MMPR Yellow's winning over Mystic White, another plus.
I kind of wish Zeo gold would win but I really can't complain about either of those two choices.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Xelkelvos posted:

If I remember the vote totals I saw before it seems more like they were just reversed instead of a massive vote in the other direction. I remember going "there's no way" when Tommy was losing by, like, 30K votes and the other guy had 60K and now it's the other way around.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

toomanyninjas posted:

If I remember the vote totals I saw before it seems more like they were just reversed instead of a massive vote in the other direction. I remember going "there's no way" when Tommy was losing by, like, 30K votes and the other guy had 60K and now it's the other way around.

I was looking around and it seems that they removed the fraudulent votes or something?

Also, apparently JDF was bribing people with free autographs...

People are taking this way too seriously.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I found the legacy dragon dagger at TRU today.

Probably the #1 PR thing I've been wanting.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
How much does that thing run? I'm not a tommy fan, but it looks too good to pass up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JT Smiley posted:

How much does that thing run? I'm not a tommy fan, but it looks too good to pass up.

MSRP on it is $79.99

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

JT Smiley posted:

It's even cooler in hand, believe me.

BTW, final round of Morphin Madness has started.

MMPR Green vs White
MMPR Red vs Dino Thunder Black
MMPR Yellow vs Time Force Pink
Super Megaforce Red vs Phantom Ranger (totally rigged bracket)
Jungle Fury Violet vs Titanium Ranger

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

SpazmasterX posted:

BTW, final round of Morphin Madness has started.

MMPR Green vs White

Ohhhh, those fuckers. That's a hellish choice. I'm going to approach this with a reasoned, mature appreciation for both MMPR and the source tv shows.

gently caress Kou and his stupid whiny voice. *green*

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

How did Jungle Fury Violet get so far? favorable brackets?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Maybe a lot of people watched Jungle Fury and thus have an appropriate level of appreciation for RJ.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Zedd posted:

How did Jungle Fury Violet get so far? favorable brackets?

Purple wolf ranger that does muay thai.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Jungle Fury was also one of the shows that got a marathon rerun on Nicktoons so it's in the recent exposure of the current batch of kids.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

RJ versus Ryan is so tough guys.

Lightspeed Rescue was my first PR season, but wolf themes are my weakness :negative:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
One of them is a stoner. I think that makes the choice easier.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Titanium Ranger for sure. Gotta support our first original Ranger, guys, don't be a Lothor Let-down. :smith:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

JT Smiley posted:

Requoting this just because, but if you haven't picked up a dragon dagger yet or want to preorder the legacy Dragonzord or whatever, go to toysrus.com and use the code FRIEND20 to get 20% off until Saturday.

Sleeping Sigma
Dec 28, 2012

SpazmasterX posted:

Requoting this just because, but if you haven't picked up a dragon dagger yet or want to preorder the legacy Dragonzord or whatever, go to toysrus.com and use the code FRIEND20 to get 20% off until Saturday.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the dragon dagger isn't available to order online anymore (according to it's page the only choice is to find it physically in a store), and the dragonzord doesn't even have a listing anymore.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They had a poo poo load at Toys R Us when I got my Morpher so I guess they got new stock on everything. Go look at your local stores.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
MMPR Yellow vs Time Pink? Dammit, I wanted both to win.

But Time Pink it is, sorry Trini, Jen's better written. Too bad the votes have sided against her though.

And it appears Phantom Ranger is winning against Not-Marvelous, awesome.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

RMZXAnarchy posted:

MMPR Yellow vs Time Pink? Dammit, I wanted both to win.

But Time Pink it is, sorry Trini, Jen's better written. Too bad the votes have sided against her though.

And it appears Phantom Ranger is winning against Not-Marvelous, awesome.

If we could get two original rangers, that'd be great. Even if the Phantom Ranger was just a one shot character in Sentai

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Oh boy, tonight's the night I get to record Beetleborgs

I'm so looking forward to it :allears:

On more on topic news, I'm starting to think of if Saban can, wants to, or has to adapt the Gaim Spring break Special.

You'd think that Gaim would be hilarious to dub, mostly because it LOOKS kid friendly but is RPM tier dark, if not way darker.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Solaris Knight posted:

Oh boy, tonight's the night I get to record Beetleborgs

I'm so looking forward to it :allears:

On more on topic news, I'm starting to think of if Saban can, wants to, or has to adapt the Gaim Spring break Special.

You'd think that Gaim would be hilarious to dub, mostly because it LOOKS kid friendly but is RPM tier dark, if not way darker.

They skipped the Shinkenger/Decade team up, there's no way they'll do that one.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Decade's also laden with continuity stuff

Honestly, Masked Rider may have crashed horribly, but Beetleborgs and Dragon Knight were surprisingly popular, and Saban/Bandai would benefit from more money flow.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Solaris Knight posted:

Honestly, Masked Rider may have crashed horribly, but Beetleborgs and Dragon Knight were surprisingly popular, and Saban/Bandai would benefit from more money flow.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Saban have nothing to do with Dragon Knight?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Solaris Knight posted:

I'm afraid new Saban would poo poo the bed if they tried a Rider series again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

As I get older, I notice more and more how silly the molded mouths on the Zyuranger helmets look.