Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Um, he got married like 2 days ago in North Carolina and looked very much alive...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
I expect a full recovery once the date changes.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
aneurisms can strike outta nowhere

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Yeah, this was Sunday:

Note the hand on the rear end btw. Also yes, shes like 40 years younger than him.

PatrickBateman
Jul 26, 2007

Cygni posted:

Yeah, this was Sunday:

Note the hand on the rear end btw. Also yes, shes like 40 years younger than him.

So he'll eventually have a heart attack pumping on top of her. I see the future.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
buncha killjoys itt

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Cygni posted:

Yeah, this was Sunday:

He didn't marry one of his nieces did he?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

NASCAR's looking at changes to the cars for 2015:

quote:

Other changes with the car also are being discussed, including the interior. NASCAR Chairman Brian France first talked about "glass dashboards" two years ago, saying it was a direction car manufacturers were headed.

"Your car dashboard in the future is going to be like an airplane cockpit," France said in July 2012. "You’ll be able to do different things with that and set it up the way you want. The first step is for us to have a look and feel that's consistent with what they see their cars looking (like) in the showroom down the road. There are going to be any number of things once we get this digitally done, where that information out of the cockpit can be part of the racing experience for our fans in the stands or anywhere else."

http://www.mrn.com/Race-Series/NASCAR-Sprint-Cup/News/Articles/2014/04/NASCAR-Notebook-Manufacturers-Talk-About-Change.aspx

April Foo--oh wait, they're serious.

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

Harveygod posted:

"Lobotomized Starfish." I'm an SRA fan now. I like it. I like it a lot.

Ahahahaahahaha

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CBJSprague24 posted:

April Foo--oh wait, they're serious.

Streaming people's dash boards to you computer seems kinda cool to me. Imagine watching Jr's dash at Las Vegas and watching the fuel pressure dip on that last corner.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
Yeah, that seriously owns.

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
TFT display and telematics are kind of two separate features but yeah if they want to finally get with the program that's cool. I'd be chill with the telematics and old style gauges tho.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
As long as fan votes get to real time increase or decrease max fuel flow rates I am down for the changes to WWFNascar.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I like where this is going:

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
WRE Brings you the next all star shootout race extravaganza
Fan voting based A/F Ratio: driver's A/f Ratio is changed for 2 laps to produce less power..
Fan voting on when to flip the switch from oval to road course
Robosarus roaming the pits.. which car will he eat?
Each race team gets to signal 1 free debris caution.
Reverse DRS.. Push the button to make the spoiler for the diver directly ahead of you flip up 20 extra degrees!

WWRE: World Wide Racing Entertainment, the finest racing in the world

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Harveygod posted:

"Lobotomized Starfish." I'm an SRA fan now. I like it. I like it a lot.

:lol:

Can somebody shop smug SRA with shades onto Johnny Cage and do something with him throwing a HANS as an MK move? Because that would be epic.

tupacalypse
Jan 1, 2013

by Pragmatica
Hey LASTCAR, do you still have that LASTCAR car set for NASCAR Racing 2? (or was it the first one?)

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

tupacalypse posted:

Hey LASTCAR, do you still have that LASTCAR car set for NASCAR Racing 2? (or was it the first one?)

Yes, actually I do still have that. I made it for Nascar Racing 1999, which should work with N2 just fine.

If you'd like a copy, drop me an E-Mail. My address is at the top of my website. :)

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
NASCAR talking about "significant" changes to the engines and reducing horsepower. I'm torn, but if they can get engines that are close(er) to what the manufacturers currently sell then I think we, as the consumer, win. It would be awesome to see a more direct relationship to the technology in my new Fusion/SS/Camry and of those on the track.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm intrigued. Less speed can provide for better racing. Now just lift them off the ground a bit more and now we're really talking.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

NASCAR going in the right direction? huh what.

I guess that means they have to gently caress the direction up as much as possible at least.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

I hope big changes doesn't mean lets take a poo poo ton of horsepower by using a tapered spacer. It's a good idea just to get a new engine for these cars. Amazing even after 40 - 50 years of the same engine to keep finding ways to be faster, more fuel efficient, and so forth but lets get more relevant engines and also make them smaller.

e: They'd also have to make sure they shed a little bit of downforce so it isn't like the cookie cutters become almost flat-out around the whole track. Yeah I like plate tracks like Talladega and Daytona but I'm fine with 4 and not 20.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
we're ---><--- that close to 1,000 horsepower, stop being chickenshits

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
LASTCAR you gotta get in touch with Kligerman

http://jalopnik.com/life-in-the-last-lane-whats-its-like-to-be-that-guy-1555497992/@tcraggs22

Some Random Asshole
Apr 30, 2006

HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS

VikingSkull posted:

we're ---><--- that close to 1,000 horsepower, stop being chickenshits

Plus its not like nascar couldnt open up the engine formula a little while knocking the displacement down to allow the teams back some of the power. With a few basic design modifications (roller cams or even overheads) the teams could easily get back to the power figures they're at today with a 5.0

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Viking, just saw an ad for some place called "Attica Raceway Park", which is about an hour and 45 mins away from me. Was airing on FSNOhio/STO.

First off, how in the hell am I just learning that Ohio has another WOO track? I feel like I've been lied to all these years.

Second off, tell me more about this place. I'm broke right now, and kind of saving money up for Indy, other wise I'd be making plans to go check this out as we speak.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

I hope big changes doesn't mean lets take a poo poo ton of horsepower by using a tapered spacer.

They've already talked about doing this in Cup before, so...

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

FuzzySkinner posted:

Viking, just saw an ad for some place called "Attica Raceway Park", which is about an hour and 45 mins away from me. Was airing on FSNOhio/STO.

First off, how in the hell am I just learning that Ohio has another WOO track? I feel like I've been lied to all these years.

Second off, tell me more about this place. I'm broke right now, and kind of saving money up for Indy, other wise I'd be making plans to go check this out as we speak.

Never heard of it, looks like it's a 1/3 bullring catering to mainly sprints, so I'm guessing it's tacky as gently caress and they let them run hard. Here at OCFS it's hard packed and dries out, so like night and day.

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Plus its not like nascar couldnt open up the engine formula a little while knocking the displacement down to allow the teams back some of the power. With a few basic design modifications (roller cams or even overheads) the teams could easily get back to the power figures they're at today with a 5.0

True, but lol @ NASCAR opening doors instead of slamming them.

e- besides, all three manufacturers make a roundabouts 5.8L now (Toyota 5.6, Chevy 5.3/6.0, Ford 5.8) so it's not like the current rules don't include what they already make anyway.

Can't they just say "ok guys, we're gonna leave the specs alone for 5 years". THAT'S what's loving poo poo up, and allowing teams like the 48 to run roughshod over most backmarkers, and the trickle down is why Cup teams dominate Nationwide. Nothing drives costs up more than rule changes every year.

Seizure Meat fucked around with this message at 11:38 on Apr 3, 2014

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy

FuzzySkinner posted:

I've never been to Attica, but in my opinion the 1/3 & 3/8 mile tracks are the best. Big enough for good speed, small enough for the "holy poo poo this is nuts" factor. The track is well regarded as far as I know. Easily worth the trip at some point, even their lineup for weekly shows looks stellar with 20-25 cars each in 410 sprints, 305 sprints, Late Models & Dirt Trucks, which looks to be a hobby stock class but trucks, which is awesome. What I'm saying is, if I'm living within 2 hours I'm there several times a year.

Seriously, these were on the front page of their website, and are basically dirtracing.jpg

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
That looks like some farmer went to town with a caterpillar on an unused plot of his farm and threw up some catch fencing.

Which means it's probably loving awesome.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

FuzzySkinner posted:

Attica's a good track. Wayne County is good as well, and its even closer to you.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Attica's a good track. Wayne County is good as well, and its even closer to you.

Just looked that up, and it looks like something called the UNOH ALL STAR CHALLENGE run's there.

http://www.allstarsprint.com/

"AMERICA'S SERIES" :911:.

FuzzySkinner fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Apr 3, 2014

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

360 sprint car tour, iirc.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

SRA are you really going to Long Beach, wtc.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Cygni posted:

SRA are you really going to Long Beach, wtc.

He's doing Robby Gordon's stadium super trucks!!!!!!!!

(I wish).

Looks like he's going to watch Formula Drift.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Boomer The Cannon posted:

360 sprint car tour, iirc.

Yup, IIRC it's the last vestiges of that WoO splinter series from a few years back. Jac and Sheldon Haudenschild run it a bunch, think Jac won one of the races this past week.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Nyet.

360s were a thing long before Tony Stewart's splinter series.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I was thinking about the National Sprint Tour. Those were 410's though.

My mind is foggy today, I got shitfaced at a Buckcherry show last night. I still smell like whiskey and cheap women :negative:

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

All this dirt talk's making me anxious to get back to my local dirt track. I can hear the roar of the late models from my backyard!

Thanks for the heads-up! Just posted my comment on the article with a link to the site.

Also, I saw Ryan McGee gave me a shout-out in his post-Homestead 2013 article.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
OCFS opens up on Sunday with the open comp event.

Gonna own. Sailpanels on the big track!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Now that I've taken the time to read this, PK seems like a pretty cool guy and I hope he gets some decent results.

• Locked thread