Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
On the Legends of Wrestling "In Through the Outdoors" episode they touch on WrestleMania IX. There is some what I found pretty interesting backstage footage of Vince and Shawn talking along with the production team and what all went into setting up the arena. Is this footage from another DVD? I can't imagine it was only released for this episode of Legends of Wrestling. I'm really interested in this type of stuff and would love to see more of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Mr.Flibble posted:

Is there a "to go" place for troubleshooting the network, the drat thing will not work on my computer at all.
It used to work on I.E but now it won't even work on that.

Try Firefox, it seems to be the one browser that has no issues with the Network.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Bearnt! posted:

On the Legends of Wrestling "In Through the Outdoors" episode they touch on WrestleMania IX. There is some what I found pretty interesting backstage footage of Vince and Shawn talking along with the production team and what all went into setting up the arena. Is this footage from another DVD? I can't imagine it was only released for this episode of Legends of Wrestling. I'm really interested in this type of stuff and would love to see more of it.

There's a lot of WrestleMania IX backstage stuff on the True Story of WrestleMania DVD that was out a few years ago. What they shot it for to begin with, I have no idea.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Mr.Flibble posted:

Is there a "to go" place for troubleshooting the network, the drat thing will not work on my computer at all.
It used to work on I.E but now it won't even work on that.

Yeah, beaten by Justin Godscock, but a lot of people, myself included, have had a lot of luck with using a completely plugin-free FireFox install for watching the Network.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

TL posted:

There's a lot of WrestleMania IX backstage stuff on the True Story of WrestleMania DVD that was out a few years ago. What they shot it for to begin with, I have no idea.
I've heard that there is a full-time camera crew backstage/in gorilla at Mania, and that has been the norm for a while. They don't do it for regular TVs/PPVs, but they shoot absolutely everything at Wrestlemania.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
FireFox works!, thanks to all who suggested it.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

Cromulent posted:

It's been a few years since I've seen it, but I disagree with it being "really really good." It's very bizarre because throughout the entire thing they're talking as if he's dead. There are no comments from him, although I understand that because of how poor his health has been. It also felt very rushed and the narration is probably the worst I've ever heard from a WWE production ("Heenan was a sports-entertainment manager, and his mother was also a manager - of a restaurant.")

I keep forgetting about Heenan's health problems. It's a sad sight of him these days.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

While this isn't technically the Network, No Holds Barred is now on Netflix and I'm sure there are many of you who have only heard rumors of this magical film that Vince and Hulk and Cocaine wrote in three days.

DOOKIEEEEEE

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Yay, I didn't get to see this years Elimination Chamber. Gonna go watch it now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Man some of you have me really worried about watching Wrestlemania through the network. Surely MLBAM has had enough time to work the kinks out and is able to plan well enough for Wrestlemania 30?

I don't want to be embarrassed at my own party like some kind of goon.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I just updated my Clean Stream Bookmarklet to support the WWE Network.

This will also help people who want to full screen the WWE Network on a second monitor (or TV if it's hooked up to your computer). Just hit the bookmarklet when you're on a stream then fullscreen the browser (in Firefox hit F11) and it should stay when you click out of it.

If you already using the bookmarklet from the weekly RAW threads, you don't have to update it, just use that one on the wwe stream.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

drat this shield/wyatt match owns

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Joeslop posted:

Man some of you have me really worried about watching Wrestlemania through the network. Surely MLBAM has had enough time to work the kinks out and is able to plan well enough for Wrestlemania 30?

I don't want to be embarrassed at my own party like some kind of goon.

If you're having a party with people you better get it on cable.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I know I can do it with programming that is "live" on the network, like WM Rewind and Countdown. But I haven't tried "play from beginning" on real live programming.

The reason I ask is that I won't be able to start watching Wrestlemania until about 8:30. Is that something I will be able to do?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hockles posted:

I know I can do it with programming that is "live" on the network, like WM Rewind and Countdown. But I haven't tried "play from beginning" on real live programming.

The reason I ask is that I won't be able to start watching Wrestlemania until about 8:30. Is that something I will be able to do?

I was able to do it on NXT Arrival, so I guess so. Assume the website doesn't poo poo itself from over utilization.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I actually do that with everything I watch as it airs, as it buffers less that way.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I actually think WM should be fine on Sunday. Even from day 1, I've had no problems with the live stream (or at least very minor, very quickly solved problems), and I think that's the same for a lot of people. It's only the VOD stuff that has caused the technical issues.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dunbar posted:

I actually think WM should be fine on Sunday. Even from day 1, I've had no problems with the live stream (or at least very minor, very quickly solved problems), and I think that's the same for a lot of people. It's only the VOD stuff that has caused the technical issues.

They had issues with NXT arrival during the live stream, which would've been a lot fewer people (however was also very early on in the networks lifespan).

I'm lucky as I'm not planning on watching it until the next day anyway! :toot:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

EL BROMANCE posted:

They had issues with NXT arrival during the live stream, which would've been a lot fewer people (however was also very early on in the networks lifespan).

I mentioned this in the general thread but they've apparently been doing heavy load testing on the site during high-volume broadcasts like Arrival and Main Event, so if you've been getting spotty performance during those shows it's probably why.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ah that's interesting. It will very rarely effects me as I'm usually fast asleep during the live events anyway! I'm kind of looking forward to reading the thread in the morning to see how it all went. I'm sure it'll be fine based on MLB generally being rock solid, teething problems are to be expected but it's been a month now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm sure they'll also have a lot more resources spun up for Mania then Arrival. If anyone can do this it's MLBAM, they show 30 feeds a night a lot of nights that each get more viewers than the average WWE pay per view. They'll figure it out.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

EL BROMANCE posted:

Isn't Wrestlemania not going to be available for VOD for a month?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i'm sure there will be minor issues like freezing for a second, audio glitches, losing hd, etc., but all that poo poo happens on cable anyway so i wont be upset unless i miss a significant portion of a match or it fucks up seriously during bryan vs. hhh or the main event

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Toaster Beef posted:

The one month wait was only for ppvs aired before the network launched.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Toaster Beef posted:

I think this was only the case with elimination chamber - and that was to stop it appearing on the network during the free trial weeks more than anything else.

E: and the rumble

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Deadpool posted:

If you're having a party with people you better get it on cable.

I've been selling my party as "Either we're going to watch Wrestlemania, or we're going to watch the WWE Network melt. Either way we're going to end up drunk and disappointed."

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Yeah, I'm not as concerned because I'm pretty sure the WWE will splash a lot of cash to make 100% sure WM30 goes well. They'll rent every server MLBAM has available (and it should be a lot, since there are no MLB games on at the same time as WM- it's the national Sunday night game, which ESPN has exclusive access to). They don't need them for regular daytime viewing, but this is quite possibly the make or break moment for the Network.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

elf help book posted:

The one month wait was only for ppvs aired before the network launched.

Huh, awesome. Thanks, I'd been thinking the whole time it wouldn't be available for a month.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Yeah, so far I've had lag during both VoD and live streams, though the streams weren't quite as laggy. VoD could be fixed by pausing the stream for awhile, typical streaming video fix. Definitely worried about WM though.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

If WM totally fucks up on the network do you think they will offer any sort of compensation (I don't know what that would be)or is it written down in some agreement somewhere that buyer beware?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Only compensation I can think of would be extra network time (a month tops), but really there's no way to make up for missing THE GREATEST STAGE OF THEM ALL.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
The Network won't gently caress up. WWE fucks up pushes, not technical poo poo

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Camera 6, you are worst case scenario.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Some Other Guy posted:

If WM totally fucks up on the network do you think they will offer any sort of compensation (I don't know what that would be)or is it written down in some agreement somewhere that buyer beware?

Vince will personally behead some of his technical staff on RAW the next night.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

According to the Network search engine, the Royal Rumble that Sheamus won took place on December 31st, 1969.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

DannoMack posted:

The Network won't gently caress up. WWE fucks up pushes, not technical poo poo

WWE probably won't gently caress it up. MLBAM probably will. Two months ago I would have never said that, but that's where we are now. If it fucks up I won't care because I'm buying it on cable and splitting it with several people.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Really, if there's one reason to have faith in the Network it's that I'm guessing MLBAM's staff drastically decreased in size the night of NXT Arrival, after Vince McMahon went in and literally ripped the heads off people while screaming 'YOU'RE FAHHRREDDD'.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

ZDar Fan posted:

According to the Network search engine, the Royal Rumble that Sheamus won took place on December 31st, 1969.

Whoa, that's when Jamie Noble fought the Hurricane, too. What the hell is Hurricane doing to our timestream!?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

There been any word on the Network getting Chromecast integration? I remember them giving attendees at the announcement WWE-BRANDED Apple TVs and I thought Chromecasts but haven't heard anything since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sky Shadowing posted:

Really, if there's one reason to have faith in the Network it's that I'm guessing MLBAM's staff drastically decreased in size the night of NXT Arrival, after Vince McMahon went in and literally ripped the heads off people while screaming 'YOU'RE FAHHRREDDD'.

Probably sent in Aksana to do some #knees2faces on the lady employees too.