Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Antti posted:

They should do a Darkwing Duck game.

Press LB and Darkwing says a randomly selected "I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the..." line.

This idea is too good to ever exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

God, I'd kill for a good Silver Age Batman game. Or even a Jimmy Olson game where every ten minutes you get a new superpower.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Antti posted:

They should do a Darkwing Duck game.

Press LB and Darkwing says a randomly selected "I am the terror that flaps in the night, I am the..." line.

They did. All they need to do is make Darkwing remastered by way forward and they can put in such a feature.

bunnyofdoom posted:

God, I'd kill for a good Silver Age Batman game. Or even a Jimmy Olson game where every ten minutes you get a new superpower.

The Brave and the Bold on Wii is pretty drat close. And is a pretty fun brawler from the little I've played.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

bunnyofdoom posted:

Or even a Jimmy Olson game where every ten minutes you get a new superpower.

The villain, of course, being Superman.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Phylodox posted:

The villain, of course, being Superman.

With such missions as saving Lois Lane from being murder by Superman in a car, saving Lois Lane from being married off to another supervillan while Superman laughs at her, saving Lois Lane from her own stupidity drinking random chemicals in labs (WHICH HAPPENED IN THE COMICS MORE THAN ONCE), and saving Lois Lane from being murdered by Superman in outer space.

Also saving Jimmy from marrying a Gorilla.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Crappy Jack posted:

It's also terrible for points, but I love dropping down behind the last guy standing and following him for as long as I can until he spins around to see me standing directly behind him.

I didn't know you could do it any other way.

I like doing a beat down on the last guy. It like Batman was saving that poor bastard for last.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Mogomra posted:

I didn't know you could do it any other way.

I like doing a beat down on the last guy. It like Batman was saving that poor bastard for last.

Drop down, punch the guy in the back of the head, grapple back up, wait.

Continue until he collapses or you get bored.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Herd the last guy with batarangs onto explosive gel.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

precision posted:

I like to imagine this is what Batman does all the time because it's the only thing he finds amusing anymore.

Personally, I never get tired of doing that in-game. :allears:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

bunnyofdoom posted:

:vince:

I would never play another game again.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Crappy Jack posted:

It's also terrible for points, but I love dropping down behind the last guy standing and following him for as long as I can until he spins around to see me standing directly behind him.

Did you use the disruptor so that they try to shoot you first?

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Phylodox posted:

Continue until he collapses or you get bored.

It's better if you wait for him to taunt you, then jump down and land on his head. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

catlord posted:

Did you use the disruptor so that they try to shoot you first?

I knew there was something I'd forgotten. If only there were a way to do a combo move to just grab their gun out of their hands and smash it without being in a combo.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Are Batman and Supes friends in the comics? For some reason I recall them being at odds with each other regularly.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Excels posted:

Are Batman and Supes friends in the comics? For some reason I recall them being at odds with each other regularly.

It depends on who's writing and what format. Back in the day, they were shown as bosom buddies, just fightin' crime out together, tradin' witty quips. Other times they're shown as being opposite ends of the superhero ethical spectrum, and butt heads because of it. And every so often they'll just troll each other incessantly.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Their relationship in that comic based on the animated series a while ago was the best because they were friendly rivals but covered for each other time, like one would disguise themselves as the other so like, Clark Kent could be rescued by "Superman" once in a while.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like their dynamic in the Justice League cartoon because they were both dicks, but between the two of them Batman was the likeable dick.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Excels posted:

From what I understand, they're something close to BFFs for most mediums and respect each other's methods.

Unless you're reading something written by Frank Miller.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

Their relationship in that comic based on the animated series a while ago was the best because they were friendly rivals but covered for each other time, like one would disguise themselves as the other so like, Clark Kent could be rescued by "Superman" once in a while.

Do... do people not then recognize Superman as uber-wealthy CEO playboy Bruce Wayne?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

No, because Batman is a master of disguise. At various times, he has had either Dick or Alfred be his own body doubles, either as Batman or Bruce Wayne, and no one ever sees through it despite both men being shorter and more slender.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

AngryBooch posted:

Do... do people not then recognize Superman as uber-wealthy CEO playboy Bruce Wayne?

Comic book characters can be shockingly :downs: about secret identities.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Hey I just noticed that WB finally got around to releasing Arkham Asylum's soundtrack a few months ago. That's a nice surprise to find on iTunes.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Excels posted:

Comic book characters can be shockingly :downs: about secret identities.

For instance, President Kennedy once helped superman cover up his secret identity.

Then like a month later he was assassinated.

Now, where's that Oliver Stone Movie?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Wow, the Deathstroke fight was a letdown. It felt like I was being punished if I did much beyond just countering, and the whole thing devolved into implicit or explicit QTEs. Plus the annoyimg "I have reached the wall, now let's do a little dance to get back to the centre".

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Deathstroke is the worst. Even on Easy it is an extremely punishing boss.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Excels posted:

Deathstroke is the worst. Even on Easy it is an extremely punishing boss.

You can beat Deathstroke easily by using grapple a lot and being careful not to be too aggressive with basic attacks (hit like 2-3 times then back off from memory, anymore and it will initiate a difficult to counter attack from him). This gets it to the point where Deathstroke is almost laughably easy even on the hardest difficulty.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Well I mean any game is easy if you cheese it :mmmhmm:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Honestly, I never found Deathstroke all that hard after the first time. Sure, his counter timings are annoying (which made it HELL to get his achievement), but after doing it once or twice, it's easy to avoid most of his hits.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I found his difficulty to be appropriate, I just thought it wasn't much fun to play. Felt a bit like a repeat of Ra's from AC too.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The limited action set available to you in the fight hampers its design, although I still find it the most fun one in the game. It's a shame the Suicide Squad stuff pushed Deathstroke to the beginning of the game, A fight with him when more gadgets were available would've been fantastic.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

The limited action set available to you in the fight hampers its design, although I still find it the most fun one in the game. It's a shame the Suicide Squad stuff pushed Deathstroke to the beginning of the game, A fight with him when more gadgets were available would've been fantastic.

Yeah, Deathstroke would've been a hell of an endgame fight, basically forcing you to use all the skills and gadgets you've accumulated over the course of the game to beat an opponent who is basically evenly matched. Instead it's just another arena fight and then a predator section.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
What predator section?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Discendo Vox posted:

What predator section?

That Bane segment where you're hiding and sneaking around. I mean, technically he's hunting you, so it's a nice enough subversion, but you're jumping around through vents and making distractions to sneak up on him.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

'You're not going anywhere old man. This ends tonight'

The sheer amount of hints pointing to Jason Todd is making me think than is a red herring and it WON'T be him.

I want to see Arkhamverse Jason Todd :smith:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I'm pretty sure it will be Jason, since Batman already had Red Hood on his radar in Origins.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Dream scenario is that it's Terry from the future and the next game is a straight up Beyond game.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

I watched like 5 or 6 episodes of Beyond and then Netflix dropped it :negative:

I don't feel as though the comedy options of an Irish Batman were adequately explored.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Excels posted:

I'm pretty sure it will be Jason, since Batman already had Red Hood on his radar in Origins.

Pretty sure Orgins has nothing to do with it at all. You know when they said the finale to a triology. Pretty sure that's way of Rocksteady's way of saying oh Orgins?

That doesnt' count.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Shindragon posted:

Pretty sure Orgins has nothing to do with it at all. You know when they said the finale to a triology. Pretty sure that's way of Rocksteady's way of saying oh Orgins?

That doesnt' count.

If they didn't want Origins to be bad they should have made it themselves. I highly doubt they'd pull a DMC2 with a game that just came out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Excels posted:

Those were references to Joker's origin, not Jason Todd.

• Locked thread