Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Hokuto posted:

For all that people complain about Heero being a silent deadpan guy, nobody ever seems to remember his crackpot speech about colony independence that he delivered as his words of introduction to his private school class, while his teacher awkwardly tried to get him to sit down and stop talking.

The most important part of this vital piece of character development is how he casually caps it off by introducing himself as Duo Maxwell as everyone stares at this dumb, crazy liber-spacetarian.

Hivac posted:

I didn't really like Crowe that much either. Originals just seem to be getting more and more "Yep that's an original allright, where's my interesting units" with each installment.

I liked Esther, at least, but this new crew don't look interesting at all. How many stages do we have to wait to get the real heroes, the Buster Machine Corps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh Snapple! posted:

Please, Unbreakable owned and Setsuko's themes were poo poo. Gave her Sure Promise and never looked back.

Sorry The Wings which Wipe Away Tears is the best Z Original theme.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Luceid posted:

I liked Esther, at least, but this new crew don't look interesting at all. How many stages do we have to wait to get the real heroes, the Buster Machine Corps?
As soon as Noriko shows up, everyone else goes on the back shelf. She is the real star of SRW. All of it. Even the games she isn't in.

edit: surely Z3-1 is not going to skip a whole bunch of her early story like Alpha 1 did?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 5, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

As soon as Noriko shows up, everyone else goes on the back shelf. She is the real star of SRW. All of it. Even the games she isn't in.

Especially Super Heroine Chronicles.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
New thread's looking pretty good. Already found out about a couple things I missed... Seriously had no idea SRW2 was translated. Of course, it might not be so great, but I owe it to myself to at least give it a spin :v:

Meanwhile, there's a Comiccon going on in Dubai right now and a friend of mine has a table there. The team working on the game is really talented, and despite Otaking's art being super divisive I think the trailer looks cool as hell.

They've got a thread over at /m/, but I have to post the best thing in it here:

Babies, like most cool people, loving love robots.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

edit: surely Z3-1 is not going to skip a whole bunch of her early story like Alpha 1 did?

The partner system fits Gunbuster really well so I hope not. At the early stages Noriko can be paired with Kazumi for training. Later they could introduce the Gunbuster as its seperate machines that you have to combine and finally you could use a permanently combined Gunbuster with a Sizzler.

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008

Oh Snapple! posted:

Please, Unbreakable owned and Setsuko's themes were poo poo.

I see this a lot online about Setsuko's themes, which is a shame because I really liked The Right Stuff. :( Maybe it's because Z1 was my first major exposure into SRW.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

S.D. posted:

I see this a lot online about Setsuko's themes, which is a shame because I really liked The Right Stuff. :( Maybe it's because Z1 was my first major exposure into SRW.

Some people just have bad taste and like Rand's obnoxious themes better. Can't do anything about that!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ShiunTouya posted:

Some people just have awesome taste and like Rand's obnoxious themes better. Can't do anything about that!

Anyways, Crowe and Brasta had horribly boring attacks and no amount of good music could really fix that. Esther wasn't really better off but her cut ins made me chuckle so she gets a pass.

TARDISman fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 5, 2014

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The Right Stuff is okay, but it's not the best original track in the world. The Wings which Wipe Away Tears is probably one of my favorite ones out there though.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So where's the best place to get Japanese PSN credit without ludicrous markup? I'm wanting to get this digital to game share with someone.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

TARDISman posted:

Anyways, Crowe and Brasta had horribly boring attacks and no amount of good music could really fix that. Esther wasn't really better off but her cut ins made me chuckle so she gets a pass.

I really wonder who was responsible for the Librasta's animations because wow those were lame.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

I really wonder who was responsible for the Librasta's animations because wow those were lame.

Static rotating sprites are totally cool, I have no idea what you're talking about. :v:

Edit: On an unrelated note, what's the general views on game sharing around here, and if so, how do people usually go about it? I really want to play Z3 when it comes out but i won't be able to afford basically anything for the next few months or so. :(

Reco fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 5, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Man it's not even that, there was a ridiculous amount of reused animation, especially with the Li Brasta B. I think only Godmars had less sprites than that thing.

Also it was great how both B and R started like every single attack with the exact same animation.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Man it's not even that, there was a ridiculous amount of reused animation, especially with the Li Brasta B. I think only Godmars had less sprites than that thing.

Also it was great how both B and R started like every single attack with the exact same animation.

I swear R had an animation where it did a "backflip" that was just the sprite turning around in a circle.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I guess someone at Banpresto thought Brasta looked REALLY nice but had no loving clue how to make it move.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TARDISman posted:

I guess someone at Banpresto thought Brasta looked REALLY nice but had no loving clue how to make it move.
They were wrong, since it looks like a mass-produced variant of a hero robot in any robot anime.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

A question about 2ndOGs, where does Toki wo Koete show up in the game? I apparently never ran into it in my first playthrough but I still have the (Ver.OGII) version which confuses me.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hivac posted:

A question about 2ndOGs, where does Toki wo Koete show up in the game? I apparently never ran into it in my first playthrough but I still have the (Ver.OGII) version which confuses me.

Final battle against Zezenan, if I remember correctly.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Final battle against Zezenan, if I remember correctly.

Is that in a route split or in a convergent point?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

Is that in a route split or in a convergent point?

It's the last route split, where you either go deal with the Gaia Sabers or take part in Operation Reconquista.

Or did you mean the non-orchestral version? I can't remember where that one comes from but I'm guessing it's Guest-related as it IS from Irm's game.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

It's the last route split, where you either go deal with the Gaia Sabers or take part in Operation Reconquista.

Or did you mean the non-orchestral version? I can't remember where that one comes from but I'm guessing it's Guest-related as it IS from Irm's game.

The non-orchestral version is the one I'm looking for. As far as I can tell, it's the only thing besides the extra mission's music that I don't have.

Edit: Christ, I just realized I'm getting closer to Scenario 59 again... :negative:

Reco fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 5, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

BlitzBlast posted:

I like... The IDEA of the Librasta's animations. They weren't particularly well EXECUTED but I could see an HD-ification doing wonders for them. I might just be biased because I'm a massive fan of Librasta R's PORTAL ROCKET PUNCH.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hivac posted:

The non-orchestral version is the one I'm looking for. As far as I can tell, it's the only thing besides the extra mission's music that I don't have.

Edit: Christ, I just realized I'm getting closer to Scenario 59 again... :negative:

I was going to suggest that it was like the regular version of "so close, yet so far" which only unlocks after you beat the game but it seems you're already in NG+.

I've no idea, then, which is a shame as that BGM's quite nice.

Also:

PERFECTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

This right here is the truest of truths. Gunbuster for life!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

I was going to suggest that it was like the regular version of "so close, yet so far" which only unlocks after you beat the game but it seems you're already in NG+.

I've no idea, then, which is a shame as that BGM's quite nice.

Also:

PERFECTIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

"FWOOOOOF" +200000

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It just occurs to me that we're gonna run up against Edel's prediction of Hathaway's death. I wonder if they're gonna make a thing of that, and then I wonder if saving him will activate the secret path, a la Shirley in Z2-2?

Squallege posted:

This right here is the truest of truths. Gunbuster for life!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdhSVlhxzrs&t=44s
Only she gets to yell the game's title.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Apr 5, 2014

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

TheManSeries posted:

So where's the best place to get Japanese PSN credit without ludicrous markup? I'm wanting to get this digital to game share with someone.

General consensus seems to be Nippon-Yasan or Play-Asia.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

...Oh. I suppose I didn't really know what to expect, because Original Generations was basically a PS2 adaptation of the good ol' GBA games, and after that I couldn't really get invested in what was to follow. At that point the same battle system for two games straight was beginning to wear thin for me too, so either way I'd really like to be surprised by something more refreshing like Kusuha's beverages.

Other people have said it and I was the same - I was not expecting much coming in, but the game absolutely blew me away. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you give it a shot.

Also Ing loves Kusuha's drinks. :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Forget Hathaway's Flash, I want to see Bright Noah Story: The Man Who Could Not Ride The Rainbow get in.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Forget Hathaway's Flash, I want to see Bright Noah Story: The Man Who Could Not Ride The Rainbow get in.

If Judau shows up in Z3-2 then it has.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

No interrogation by Not SEELE, no Bright Noah Story. :colbert:

I just want to see Bright bemoan his inability to ride the rainbow, is that so much to ask for?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hokuto posted:

Other people have said it and I was the same - I was not expecting much coming in, but the game absolutely blew me away. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you give it a shot.

Correction: Ing likes the "super mild" version, not the full version.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Hokuto posted:

General consensus seems to be Nippon-Yasan or Play-Asia.

Much appreciated. Is there a price for the download PS3 version yet?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

AradoBalanga posted:

Correction: Ing likes the "super mild" version, not the full version.

What a weenie.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Considering what the full version does to people, I'm goddamn amazed. Hell, OGG has Bullet finally gaining a resistance to the health drink, but admits it still tastes like poo poo. That said, Kusuha came up with the "super mild version" idea herself. Probably because of all the reactions to the full version.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Oh Snapple! posted:

Please, Unbreakable owned and Setsuko's themes were poo poo. Gave her Sure Promise and never looked back.

Looks like someone doesn't have the right stuff.

Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013
Bosses are finally becoming killable in A Portable, and stop having incredibly high retreat values. I'm finding that reals are a lot better than supers in this game, partly because they can actually avoid the devastating attacks that Bosses can throw out, and partly because you don't need to waste so many Spirits to actually gain a decent hit or dodge rate.

Edit: clarifying a sentence.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Hivac posted:

On an unrelated note, what's the general views on game sharing around here, and if so, how do people usually go about it?

Not sure if it wasn't noticed earlier, but I really would appreciate it if someone could tell me more about this.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I ordered a JP PSN code from Nippon-Yasan 11 hours ago and they still haven't sent my code. The suspense is killing me.

In the meantime, I'm browsing the Japanese PSN store. I thought Dark Prison was supposed to be out by now, but I don't see it listed anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Hokuto posted:

I ordered a JP PSN code from Nippon-Yasan 11 hours ago and they still haven't sent my code. The suspense is killing me.

In the meantime, I'm browsing the Japanese PSN store. I thought Dark Prison was supposed to be out by now, but I don't see it listed anywhere?

Turns out that release date was a typo. :(

I'm hoping it'll, at least, come out in this semester...

• Locked thread