Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Thanks for all the answers guys, I really appreciate it.

Which Touhou would be the best at driving? Not like stunt-driving or extreme poo poo, like just general driving skills. As far as I know automobiles aren't featured at all really in Touhou and it's got me wondering if cars ever did come into the canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

Yukari probably. No reason other than she can use her portals to go through traffic.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Thinking about this too seriously, Mamizou would probably be the best at driving. She was living disguised as a human in the outside world until recently, so she is likely to have owned a car, etc.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Clarste posted:

Thinking about this too seriously, Mamizou would probably be the best at driving. She was living disguised as a human in the outside world until recently, so she is likely to have owned a car, etc.

Thinking about this not seriously at all, Raiko might be good too, considering she was living disguised as a Taiko Drum Master machine in the outside world. :v: I figure she got some tips from a Daytona USA tsukumogami.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Sanae is a good girl, she obeys all the traffic rules. When Marisa decides to have a cookout and everybody gets blitzed on Natty Lite, Jack Daniels, and $3.99 WalMart wine, Sanae simply sighs, "Oy vey" she says, and drives everyone home safely :)

EDIT: The story goes like this-- when she was just a little Touhou, Kanako would sit Sanae on her lap and tell her "Listen bubala. Let me tell you about your great uncle Moishe, and how he got mashed by a semi because he liked doing 75 on the interstate..." The story scarred her for life, and left her with a complex about driving fast.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Apr 4, 2014

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Hina could use her stocked up fortune and misfortune to hit every green light, and make every person behind her hit the red :v:

Unrelated, I did one more Touhou music thing. This time Magus Night, and I actually really liked how it turned out this time, whoops.

Troglyfe
Jan 2, 2014

DrPaper posted:

Which Touhou would be the best at driving?

Anyone who isn't Seija. She insists on running red lights, stopping for green lights, and driving in reverse through oncoming traffic.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Komachi could just manipulate distance so that she gets to her destination, any destination, by the time she drives out of her garage.

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Komachi drives a boat, Marisa drives a broom, anyone else is highly suspect.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Murasa drives a boat!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

Komachi drives a boat, Marisa drives a broom, anyone else is highly suspect.

Murasa drove the Holy Palanquin Ship and Orin drives her little corpse-cart.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

JosephWongKS posted:

Orin drives her little corpse-cart.

Does one really "drive" a wheelbarrow?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Clarste posted:

Does one really "drive" a wheelbarrow?

It has a steering mechanism, and propulsion.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Potsticker posted:

It has a steering mechanism, and propulsion.

Legs.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Bicycle?

Raviente
Mar 1, 2013
I know I wouldn't trust Orin with a car. Her title is literally "Hell's Traffic Accident". :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The propulsion system of the modern age. You'd have to be a total savage to think otherwise.

TheWanderingNewbie
Oct 12, 2007

Gotta Get Dem Cheevos

I feel like this is really relevant to the current conversation

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A classic. Reimu being Dick Dastardly and a Yukkuri as Muttley being the best part.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

The alternative.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I really love how despite swapping who's in what vehicle both pictures still fit them entirely. :allears:

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
Yoshika is a taxi driver.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Is there a post with all of Invictus's music links?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

pandaK posted:

Is there a post with all of Invictus's music links?

After alluvion exploded, I asked for a new place to host the torrents but nobody suggested anything. If you know of a good, simple place I can host them, I'll reupload them this weekend.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
They use Nyaa Torrents for the Game Center CX subs over in their thread in the Games forum. Maybe that could work?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

leather fedora posted:

They use Nyaa Torrents for the Game Center CX subs over in their thread in the Games forum. Maybe that could work?
I had thought of them but since the torrents I'm making these collections from are from Nyaa originally, I didn't think they'd allow me to reupload a "truncated" version of them. But maybe they don't care, I guess.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Golden Battler posted:

I could hypothetically do this with some assistance, but then I remember my various attempts and failures to work up the effort to LP Genius of Sappheiros, and it just seems like trying to LP an inferior game would be a lost cause.

I can imagine it'd be a pretty ridiculous endeavor to do GoS. Just playing normally can take so long, let alone having to set up screenshots and write giant posts and mechanic explanations.
Some people are still working on actually patching DoD but I feel it's a lost cause. Speaking of which, SB are rereleasing it with supposedly reworked/simplified mechanics(using their third major game, which I have actually heard nothing about).
They're really milking their cashcows it seems. Not that I can fault them, now that they have Aquastyle backing them up.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I actually did an LP of GoS, although I don't think it would meet this site's standards. Let's just say I completely forgot that I could take screenshots until halfway through, and also I didn't bother trying to read it so I had no idea what was going on (which is probably something I shouldn't admit now that I'm pretending to be a translator). I guess it's more of a diary.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Clarste posted:

I actually did an LP of GoS, although I don't think it would meet this site's standards. Let's just say I completely forgot that I could take screenshots until halfway through, and also I didn't bother trying to read it so I had no idea what was going on (which is probably something I shouldn't admit now that I'm pretending to be a translator). I guess it's more of a diary.

I remember that. It was a liveblog of sorts, and it was the first time I'd ever heard of the game back then. Honestly, considering the emphasis on combat over plot, I don't think your way of doing things would be that far off from what a bigger LP would look like.

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
This is a real long-shot, but I have this persistent memory of a Vocal remix that had some backing guitars similar to 0:47 of this Sublime song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEYN5w4T_aM

This is not a joke. I feel like this is maybe a really generic pop-ska sound, in which case I guess I am looking for a really generic pop-ska Touhou remix.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Do you like Touhou? Do you like Taiko Drum Master? Well, you're in luck: https://twitter.com/yakimeshi17/status/454575793314594816/photo/1

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wSXrU1FOQag

Skip to 2:00 if you don't fancy watching ZUN and his drinking buddies play A/V club. After that...oh man! What is going on here?

Apparently, as far as I can tell, the new Touhou coming out next month, the aptly named Impossible Spellcard, presents you with otherwise impossible spellcards and allows you to pick your own limited Deus Ex Machina for avoiding death, even including Aya's camera?

Also, there is speculation that it might only be a joke?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The title is "Danmaku Amanojaku ~ Impossible Spellcard". Assuming it's not a joke, it looks to be a StB-esque spellcard puzzle game where you play as Seija and can choose from a list of different gimmicks including Aya's camera.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Apr 12, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I hope it's real, that's a pretty cool concept.

Yin-yang orbs let you teleport to the middle of the screen. :allears:

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
Better quality video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2XZ1w-vvwI

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
Oh my god. I've been saying since DDC release that Seija is the best thing to happen to Touhou in years and evidently ZUN agrees.

I cannot wait for Touhou for Fuckers feat. Seija Kijin.

HMS Boromir fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 12, 2014

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm bad enough at the non-impossible spellcards! :v:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Who the hell is Seija?

TOO SCSI FOR MY CAT
Oct 12, 2008

this is what happens when you take UI design away from engineers and give it to a bunch of hipster art student "designers"

Namtab posted:

Who the hell is Seija?
DDC character, her gimmick is being intentionally contrary in all things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

That 4koma would probably be funny if I could read the fake language the writer wrote it in.