Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jono C posted:

The commentator in the Warriors/Sharks reserve grade game just said he was surprised how similar the Fifita twins look.

Budding replacement for any of the channel Nine boys here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Jono C posted:

The commentator in the Warriors/Sharks reserve grade game just said he was surprised how similar the Fifita twins look.

One of the ABC commentators last year asked if George Burgess and Tom Burgess were related, because they've got the same last name and they look alike. The discussion took about 5 minutes, and was ultimately inconclusive. :downswords:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

Budding replacement for any of the channel Nine boys here.

I'm pretty sure the commentator was Kerrod Walters which makes it even dumber.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I wonder what Warriors side will show up tonight

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Ewar Woowar posted:

I wonder what Warriors side will show up tonight

Pretty awful so far! :shepface:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

Pretty awful so far! :shepface:
wuh oh

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Warriors need to hold onto the ball if they want to win

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The two sets of rules for holding down in the tackle/hand on the ball depending on the Sydney team being in possession or not certainly doesn't help.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Smorgasbord posted:

The two sets of rules for holding down in the tackle/hand on the ball depending on the Sydney team being in possession or not certainly doesn't help.
They have made like 6 mistakes in the first 20 minutes, they need to wake up

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
And the 7th mistake leads directly to a try

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

bowmore posted:

They have made like 6 mistakes in the first 20 minutes, they need to wake up

Yeah loving hopeless so far.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's a cheap metre giveaway!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

The dropped balls are inexcusable but these pricks are only reffing one side (as I speak we finally get a penalty)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the reffing is poo poo but if the Warriors start playing it won't matter

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
horrible

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Hook the whole team and send the reserve graders back out.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
At least Mannering will give me a decent fantasy score this week

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
loving disaster so far.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

It's just getting worse, HOLD THE loving BALL.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Glad, when we're down by 16, the halftime message from the coach is don't worry about the breeze.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nathan Friend on 51 tackles apparently

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Blake Ayshford hasn't had a try since 2009 apparently, that's how back the Warriors are atm

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Stapleton just absolutely smoked his opposite number in the air.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Elliott gotta go.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nathan Friend is on 62 tackles, world record is 75, can he do it?!!

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
12 tackles to break world record

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Carney must have been worried we'd storm back to 30-all

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
9 now I think.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

Elliott gotta go.

Elliott has a proven record as a failure across 3 clubs now but that one was all on the players. Unless the gameplan was 'drop the ball every set the best offense is a poo poo defense' there's not a lot he could do.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Did Friend make it?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mills posted:

Did Friend make it?
6 tackles short unfortunately

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Watching the Warriors suck is not fun

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Turns out when the opposition has a full bench we find it harder to dominate them.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Where the gently caress was that warriors performance last week?

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Looks like Edward maybe hurt his back, he's certainly not laying still like the trainer wants

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Hope Edwards is alright. Looked like he wanted to get up and keep playing so hopefully that was all precautionary but they certainly took their time before loading him onto the stretcher

Ed: I cant hear poo poo at the pub, have they said anything about Edwards

aejix fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 5, 2014

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

aejix posted:

Hope Edwards is alright. Looked like he wanted to get up and keep playing so hopefully that was all precautionary but they certainly took their time before loading him onto the stretcher

Ed: I cant hear poo poo at the pub, have they said anything about Edwards

I hope that was the case, but to me it seemed he was really uncomfortable lying on his back and that was why he kept moving.

edit: commentators said concussion 'only'.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Apr 5, 2014

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

iajanus posted:

Where the gently caress was that warriors performance last week?

I've got a mate at work who follows the Warriors and today he goes "Nup. No chance. We're gonna lose"

I'm gonna tell that guy to buy a lottery ticket, dead set

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
For what? Predicting the Warriors are going to lose?

I predicted the sky would not fall today, I should buy one

• Locked thread