Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Tea Bone posted:

I'm about to give Final Fantasy VII a go (P.C version if thta makes an difference) I've never played a FF game before, anything I should know going in?

Selling off one or two MASTER'ed "All" Materias will give you more money than you could ever spend, so maybe level a couple spares if you have the room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!

WarLocke posted:

I'm going to play Sleeping Dogs again but I haven't touched it in forever. Any tips?

Go on date(s) with the girls you meet when they become available, completing them adds the ability to see collectibles on the map.

Keep the food/drink/tea buffs on you when you can, it helps, and you are never a real man if you aren't full of pork buns.

RushJet
Aug 29, 2013

Barfk! Barfk!
:goatdrugs:
I just picked up Dishonored, and all is know is its a stealth game. What can you tell me?

:iiam:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

RushJet posted:

I just picked up Dishonored, and all is know is its a stealth game. What can you tell me?

It's not really a stealth game. Or at least, don't worry if you gently caress up and have to shank a lot of people. The game's made so that you can go through it either way, and you really can be terrifyingly effective at both.

Pump up Blink as your first skillpoing picks, and use it liberally. It's your greatest tool for getting around, it'll immediately break line of sight with enemies - even if you teleport right behind them, you can do really fun stuff with it. Get it to max asap.

Not killing people will lead to the best ending, but you have a lot of leeway - check the Chaos after each level, if it goes to High then you've killed too many people, or let too many bodies get eaten by rats.

That's basically all you need.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Kanfy posted:

I don't think cheesing systems is very good advice for people new to a game.

I think it's fine as long as you let them know that it will break the system and they can determine for themselves if they want to go down that road. With games like Vagrant Story I can definitely see someone wanting to abuse everything they can. That game didn't give any fucks for holding your hand.

Regarding its affinity system, weapon and armor affinities effect their neighboring stats; so let's say you have a weapon that has good damage vs Humans, the neighboring affinities will reduce (Reptiles and Spirits?) as that damage modifier goes up.

Ideally you'll want a weapon that you feel comfortable doing combos with and improving every other affinity. And a second weapon for the affinities the first weapon doesn't cover. The game has a few practice dummies you can wail on to improve these stats.

I love Vagrant Story. Especially bullshit things like the first time you fight a lizard man/elemental boss and they beat the poo poo out of you, or walking through sewers and being one shot by death elementals you couldn't see a few screens away. Good luck.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
If you're playing Vagrant Story for the first time I guarantee that you will see monsters that you apparently cannot damage; i.e. the game says you will do 0 damage to every body part. There's a way to take care of these guys but you'll have to take a bit of risk. You are a riskbreaker, after all.

The trick to handling enemies you can't harm at all is the raging ache chain attack. It deals 1 damage for every 10hp you are missing. So if you have 300 max hp, and you're currently at 100hp, raging ache will hit for 20 damage. This lets you damage enemies while ignoring affinity. Combine this with another attack that's easy to chain (the dp restoring one works well) and you can raging ache all day without breaking your chain. Just make sure to monitor your risk and to heal as needed, because you can die easily if you get too aggressive.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Vagrant Story

Damage type is more important than elemental type and elemental type is more important than species type. Shooting a rock golem with a crossbow is much less effective than hitting it with a mace, even if the crossbow has a bunch of anti-construct affinity and the mace doesn't.

Weapons are slightly more likely to gain affinities than lose them, so switching between pierce, blunt, and edge weapons and ignoring affinity works reasonably well and will end up with some amount of all-species and all-element affinity and is much less tedious than trying to match every enemy type.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

An important thing to remember when crafting in Vagrant Story is not to advance your equipment too quickly. There are several different material qualities in the game: Wood, Leather, Bronze, Iron, Hagane, Silver and Damascus. You can combine weapons and armour in workshops, and as a general rule, you can combine a tier with its immediate superior to make the next tier up from that in a simple 1+2=3 formula. So early on, you might think that combining all your Bronze and Iron gear to make Hagane items is a great idea. Problem is, every workshop will only let you craft items of a certain type and they're few and far between - there's only six total in the game, and one of those is only available in a post-game area. So while that new Hagane chestpiece might be pretty sweet now, it will drop off in usefulness quicker than if you'd just kept to forging Iron gear.

Second, look up a guide for Snowfly Forest. It's not a fun area, easily one of the most frustrating things in the game and the script is actually mistranslated when it tells you what you're supposed to do.

Third, when using one of the stat-boosting elixirs, the amount you get out of it is random, but you can savescum until you get the maximum available.

Fourth, always make sure you have one pure Silver weapon on you. A lot of the underground areas are swarming with ghosts and undead, and even though you might be running around with only a silver dagger for most of the game, it will save you a lot of trouble in the long run.

Finally, be warned that while the timing for combos is fixed for the first few hits, it starts messing with the timing the higher you go, starting (I think) around about the 9th or 10th hit. Presumably it's so you don't go infinite comboing everything to death with no risk (:haw:) to yourself, but it will mess up your lengthier combos.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

GrandpaPants posted:

Anything for Inazuma Eleven? I see a whole bunch of poorly documented stats and things. Like why wouldn't I max strength on a shot? I assume it takes more FP or whatever, but yeah.

I honestly don't think there's too much to say about the game, but here goes:

Your starting team and all plot related characters, (ignoring Willy/Megane) are good enough to carry you throughout the whole game. That being said, I don't think any of the keepers will be better then Mark/Endou will be, so don't worry too much about getting another one.

Stats do matter if you REALLY want to min/max, but don't worry about this too much. A character's element is similarly not very important, but can actually have a bit more of an effect than stats when moving the ball forwards and defending. You can look at opposing teams and place your team to account for the elements. Some people just recruit people with the most ridiculous character designs regardless of stats and still do fine, so it's not too big of a deal as long as their level is keeping up.

In terms of (regular) shots, you probably won't be using them for too much longer. That being said, feel free to keep using max power. They will have a use in the game later.

The beginning of the game will be a bit harder just because most of your team won't have any special moves yet. In the first few games, passing is probably the most important thing to move the ball forward, so get used to positioning players and moving them around the field. Later on, TP Management and Special Moves will become a lot more important.

More on special moves, a simple strategy is to drain your opponent of TP by constantly putting them into situations where they can use special moves. Especially important for the keeper, as in almost every case, a special move will always go through a regular catch or punch. Using regular shots on the enemy can make them waste their special keeper moves so you're safe using your own shots later.

The power of the move is proportional to how much TP it uses, with some small exceptions. Some moves have a low TP cost and are a lot stronger then a move with the same cost, but have a higher chance of a penalty occurring, the first you'll encounter probably being Killer Slide.

When you do want to recruit characters, the Connection Map will normally give you progressively better characters. Characters you can get from other teams are pretty good too. The general search options aren't as useful, but feel free to search by name if you see someone with a cool design in a random battle.

Don't forget you have reserve characters for when you're out of FP or TP. This is the only reason you might want a second keeper to switch Mark with, you you find him running low on TP very often.

Lastly,there's one character at the beginning of the game (Peabody) who is pretty hesitant to join your team. Try being ridiculously persistent. Not the best stat wise or anything, but I always like putting him on my team.

pichupal fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 31, 2014

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Here's some tips for Dark Souls 2:

-Dual wielding swords sounds cool in theory, in practice it's far less awesome. So, avoid a DEX heavy starting class. You'll eventually get some items you can use to respec all your points, but you can never respec those starting stats.

-Your starting gift isn't super important, but the Petrified Something can get you a good item right away or the tree seed can make a future invasion by an enemy player very hilarious.

-If you picked the Petrified Something, you drop it in the large bird nest in the starting area with the invisible talking NPCs. Go into your inventory and pick the "leave" option (NOT DISCARD) while standing in the nest to drop it and turn it into a random item, possibly a very good one.

-Always talk to NPCs until they repeat their dialogue. Always.

-There's two covenants you can join in the hub town. One is by talking to the stone slab on the hill, the other from the NPC sitting by the monument. The stone slab covenant makes it so you can't co-op. The other summons Blue Knight players if you get invaded by another player while wearing their ring. Neither is particularly good unless you want to solo the game, but you get an achievement for reaching the confirmation box to join them.

-The armorsmith sells better armor the more you spend at him, up to 16,000 souls. The Alva armor he sells can last you almost the whole game with a few upgrades. But you can find even better sets later on.

-For god's sake do not attack the pig things in town. You will regret it.

-Knock down the rock on the well.

-Don't jump down the big hole, you can't survive it without the ring that reduces fall damage and more HP. An NPC will also show up later in the game that you can buy a ladder from instead.

-Don't carry any more souls than it takes to level up.

-If you're a magic user, roll up the rock next to the entrance to the path along the cliff by the bonfire. There's binoculars there that will let you first-person aim your spells.

-That path also leads to one of the first two areas you can go, also the easiest of the two. The other is through the small stone door by the houses.

-You should also go the easy way first because the NPC that has the blacksmith's key and infinite lifestones is found along that path. Remember to exhaust her dialogue. The key is only 1000 souls.

-Bonfires refill your magic and Estus flasks, but also respawn all the enemies. You can light a bonfire without resting at it though, which functions as a checkpoint.

-When you die, you become Hollow. This means your max HP goes down every time you die down to 50% until you turn human. This is accomplished by using a Human Effigy. Don't make the mistake of burning it though, that won't turn you human. You have to be human in order to see other players summon signs, but you can still place yours. When patch 1.03 comes, completing your duty as a summoned phantom will also turn you human. Regardless, completing your duty also refills flasks and spells so it's a good idea to place your sign before any boss fight and do a "dry run".

-You get the White Soapstone (places your summon sign) from a guy named Pate you encounter in the first area outside the town. You'll get separated from him, but if you find your way back he'll give you the stone when you talk to him again.

-There's quite a few optional bosses. The Smelter Demon is one of the big tough ones lots of people don't know you can skip.

That will get you started. Beyond that, you just have to understand some nuances to gear and stats:

-Dodge rolling is garbage until you get your agility up, which is accomplished by raising your Endurance and Adaptability. Your Agility only goes up when one of the stats is even or less than the other, so plan accordingly.

-Once your dodge actually moves you, you'll have a couple invincibility frames at the start of it. Learn to exploit this.

-Keep your gear load under 70.0%, or you will be doing what's colloquially known as "fat rolling"

-The letters under the weapon requirements determine how much bonus damage it does. S > A > B > C > D > E.

-When you get the opportunity to infuse elements and such into weapons, you can do something like infusing lightning into a chime for miracles to do more damage, or magic into a staff for sorcery. Just be careful it doesn't reduce the bonus scaling.

-If you want to use giant swords and axes and such, you'll need lots of Strength obviously, but also a small amount of Dexterity. 18-20 will cover everything though.

-Spellcasters benefit from both Faith and Intelligence, weighted toward whatever your main requirement is.

-Attunement determines your cast speed, spell uses, and how many spell slots you have. Generally, every 5 or so ATN will get you a new spell slot. Spell uses depends on the spell itself. Stronger spells mean less casts.

-Poise is what keeps you from getting stunlocked when hit. It's also raised by your armor, plus your points toward agility.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Here's some tips for Dark Souls 2:

-Dual wielding swords sounds cool in theory, in practice it's far less awesome. So, avoid a DEX heavy starting class. You'll eventually get some items you can use to respec all your points, but you can never respec those starting stats.
The caveat for this also applies to the original Dark Souls:

- If you raise your DEX, you can use a spear, which lets you strike with your shield raised. This can be an absolute godsend for newer players who haven't got their timing quite right or don't have high enough poise to stop themselves getting staggered. Getting staggered cancels your attempted strike if they land theirs first, and leaves you open to a follow-up. Having your shield up constantly makes combat a hell of a lot easier.

Other tips:

- Get at least 12 dex so you can use the shortbow. There are so many situations in this game you can trivialize by sniping the enemies one by one, or at the very least drawing them away from the group. Don't rely on it for ranged damage though, just use it to get enemies attention from a distance.

- You can put your rags from the intro back on, so deprived no longer has to be naked! Save your rags to give to the pyromancer later on.

- BE CAREFUL UPGRADING. Unlike in Dark Souls 1, Titanite Shards are a limited resource for quite a way into the game. Sorceror can keep their starting robes and equip the imported gloves and pants. Everyone else should save it for the elite knight armour and whichever weapon you love the moveset the most.

- You don't have to be wearing the way of blue ring to get help when invaded, so use that ring slot for something more useful.

- 420 save herbs for bosses every day.

- don't bother raising stats higher than 40 because the returns are generally horrible. The exception to this is STR / INT because some spells / weapons have stat requirements around 50, but definitely don't go higher than 50 unless it's fir a particular weapon.

- don't try to keep up with the DS2 thread, just post your question and refresh it 10 minutes later.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 31, 2014

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

-Dodge rolling is garbage until you get your agility up, which is accomplished by raising your Endurance and Adaptability. Your Agility only goes up when one of the stats is even or less than the other, so plan accordingly.

Just a little correction here: it's Attunement that influences Agility, not Endurance.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Just a little correction here: it's Attunement that influences Agility, not Endurance.

You mean adaptability. Attunment governs number of spell slots as well as cast speed.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

Bedurndurn posted:

You mean adaptability. Attunment governs number of spell slots as well as cast speed.

No, I meant Attunement, which also influences Agility. Adaptability was already listed in the quote and didn't need to be corrected.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
Attunement and adaptability both increase agility, although adaptability has much more effect. They don't affect each other though I think.
Adaptability and endurance together increase poise though. However poise only increases when the stat you are increasing is less than the other, which is what the first poster got his info confused with.

Edit: the original poster said that agility increases poise, I'm pretty sure they are separate. Agility increases your roll speed, the number of in invulnerability frames you have, and the speed of your item use animations (so you chug estus faster).

Edit 2: attunement gives you your first slot at 10, then you get slots at 13, 16, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 75 for a total of 10 slots. Attunement also increases your casting speed and the number of spell casts you get.

Lord Banana fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Mar 31, 2014

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet
Anything particular to know about Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2s? I've played the first one and the terrible 3ds sequel, so I'm not super unfamiliar with the gameplay, but it has been a while!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I'm getting ready to pick up Saints Row 4. Are there any options in the character creator I need to pick to ensure the fullest Saints Row experience, such as the Russian female voice in SR2?

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Sammus posted:

I'm getting ready to pick up Saints Row 4. Are there any options in the character creator I need to pick to ensure the fullest Saints Row experience, such as the Russian female voice in SR2?

Yes, the cockney voice is in the game and you can choose purple as a color on everything. That's really all you need to know before SR4.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sammus posted:

If you can still find it, the inauguration station gives you access to all the costumes right off the bat. Also Nolan North's VO track has a few changed lines that reference him being a voice actor.

Apart from that, rush the main quests until you have glide and super sprint, then clear your side missions before doing any mains. One of Keith David's missions gives you infinite sprint, which is really fun.

Don't take the tornado sprint upgrade unless you want to set off the cops every time you run. There are a few missions that would be easier if you could disable it, but once you've bought it you can't disable it and your sprint becomes a liability for no real benefit.

Finally, insurance fraud is a crapload of fun, but two things:
- in case you missed the notification, hit RT (the key you use to attack) to ragdoll and start recieving damage,
- sprint into oncoming traffic, ragdoll in mid air, then use the left stick to adjust your 'flight.' Keep the combo going for easy gold.

Oh and while I'm at it, there's a UFO rampage on the starting island for an easy 10k each time you clear it on gold, so grind that if you need cash.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Apr 1, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

Yes, the cockney voice is in the game and you can choose purple as a color on everything. That's really all you need to know before SR4.

Is the English voice as terrible as it was in third? I don't know if they got a new actor or told him to turn it down but it had so much in life in SR2 then SR3 was like MGS4 Old Snake levels of throat bleeding rasp.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Banana posted:

Edit 2: attunement gives you your first slot at 10, then you get slots at 13, 16, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, 60 and 75 for a total of 10 slots. Attunement also increases your casting speed and the number of spell casts you get.

Oh wow, I didn't know about it increasing the number of spell casts (not slots). This is good to know!

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Mayor McCheese posted:

Oh wow, I didn't know about it increasing the number of spell casts (not slots). This is good to know!

Not by many though, I'm at 30 attunement and have 32 casts of soul arrow instead of 30. That said I have 3 soul spears instead of 2 so...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

al-azad posted:

Is the English voice as terrible as it was in third? I don't know if they got a new actor or told him to turn it down but it had so much in life in SR2 then SR3 was like MGS4 Old Snake levels of throat bleeding rasp.

SR4 and SR3 have the same English voice actor. Saints Row 2's was The Right Honourable Charles George Patrick Shaughnessy, 5th Baron Shaughnessy (A.K.A. The guy from The Nanny).

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Mayor McCheese posted:

It mostly just increases slots. The number of casts for most spells only varies by like, 3, which can matter for super caster-y characters, but just don't get too excited. You're likely only going to increase your 10 casts of X spell to 12 or something.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I've been wearing the Sage Hat all the way through NG+ thinking that it was the main reason I had more Soul Geysers and Great Lightning Spears. I have a quite a bit of Attunement, allowing me to unequip the hat while maintaining a good portion of the extra spell casts that I need for the heavy hitters.

It freed my hat slot and now it's Xanthous' Crown all the way down.

Lord Banana
Nov 23, 2006
If you stack it with a couple of other cast increasing items you can get a decent number of extra casts of the low cast end game spells.
Items and locations: hexers hood you get from the hexer vendor, but you need 20 faith and 20 int and the northern ritual ring, the best one you get from scorpioness najka in ng+1 and beyond

Nanomachine Son
Jan 11, 2007

!
I just picked Mercenary Kings up with it being on PS Plus but I was going into it thinking it was gonna be like Metal Slug or Contra, any advice for getting into that game or if I'll find much fun in it? Playing through the first mission stuff like the respawning enemies when you get offscreen and having to track each enemy down for a mission was kind of annoying.

Couldn't find any search results in the thread but I know its been on out on PC for a bit.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

TheOrange posted:

I just picked Mercenary Kings up with it being on PS Plus but I was going into it thinking it was gonna be like Metal Slug or Contra, any advice for getting into that game or if I'll find much fun in it? Playing through the first mission stuff like the respawning enemies when you get offscreen and having to track each enemy down for a mission was kind of annoying.

Couldn't find any search results in the thread but I know its been on out on PC for a bit.

For the love of god, do not grind for materials because a lot of the ones that seem rare now drop by the rear end-load relative to the current rate in later ranks. There are some exceptions to the rule, but trust me, grinding is dull as hell even in the best conditions. The mission rewards will also ease the pain depending on what you're searching for. There are guides to hunt poo poo down and the Spy has the Compendium on every enemy you've killed, so use them.

Find out what type of gun receiver works best for you and stick with it. Make gun parts that complement the receiver nicely and can cover for some weaknesses it may have.

Take a look at what bionic mods you can get and only get the ones that matter most to you. Keep in mind the weight may slow you down.

Speaking of weight, if a jump is a pain in the rear end to make, put away the gun by selecting an item or your radio and you'll have a lower weight and, thus, can jump farther. There are five speeds (V. Fast, Fast, Normal, Slow, and V. Slow) so make sure you can deal with them accordingly.

Once you have a poo poo-ton of money and materials from playing the game a lot, feel free to completely ignore this advice because you'll be able to buy and make the things that'll break the game over your knee if you're at least mildly competent at video games.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Can anyone post an archive of the Myspace character profiles from Psychonauts? I remember them being full of personality but I can't find them, which is a bummer.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hmm, I saw them a few months ago but myspace seems to have gone through some sort of major redesign since then.

edit: wait you can still access them using the wayback machine.

here's all of the original urls

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 3, 2014

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

How about Kingdom under Fire: Circle of Doom? Maybe i mistakenly bought the wrong game but i thought this was a kind of strategy game/Dynasty Warriors thing where you're on huge battlefield giving orders and fighting lots of dudes. But i'm wrong and instead i got this functional, if not a bit weird and kinda bland game for $5.

But now that i have it what are some tips?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

How about Kingdom under Fire: Circle of Doom? Maybe i mistakenly bought the wrong game but i thought this was a kind of strategy game/Dynasty Warriors thing where you're on huge battlefield giving orders and fighting lots of dudes. But i'm wrong and instead i got this functional, if not a bit weird and kinda bland game for $5.

But now that i have it what are some tips?

The two games on Xbox are strategy/Dynasty Warriors hybrids. Circle of Doom is like D&D Demon Stone or the LotR action games with Diablo-lite loot system.

If you want something closer to what you thought CoD was going to be, check out Bladestorm on Xbox 360.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You mean original xbox right? The one i have no longer works :(

But those are probably the games i'm thinking of then. Is bladestorm still in the same series or is it just more what i was actually expecting?

Food Guy
Oct 10, 2012
Is there anything I should know for Enchanted Arms?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

But those are probably the games i'm thinking of then. Is bladestorm still in the same series or is it just more what i was actually expecting?

Bladestorm is by the Dynasty Warriors guys, set in the Hundred Years War. The idea is you're a mercenary captain, and this works by letting you run to troop squads to lead them, whereupon you hold down the attack buttons and they go mash face of the enemy troops. When they're about to die or facing something they're weak against (there's a bunch of RPS strength/weaknesses) then you split off from the unit, run over to or summon another, keep going.

It's a bit simplistic at times but surprisingly addictive and you can get it dirt cheap. 'Giving orders' is overstating what you do (mostly just run around / hold attack / choose when to use special moves) but you do have to prioritize which bases to hit first or which to reinforce and protect.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

You mean original xbox right? The one i have no longer works :(

KUF: The Crusaders is at least backwards compatible on 360 so there's that option.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Food Guy posted:

Is there anything I should know for Enchanted Arms?

Its ridiculously easy except for a huge difficulty spike at the wood boss and the final boss is less difficult and more of a tedious grind.

Every achievement and trophy is earned by simply progressing the story

This is more information than Enchanted Arms deserves.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Enchanted Arms is really not good - the combat system is neat, but has that irritating mechanic in games with creatable/recruitable party members in that you get 4 slots or something to your party, but have enough human characters to fill them up so getting golems or whatever feels pointless.

I dreaded ever going into a town in that game, knowing I'd be dragged along into some incredibly stupid, pointless sub-plot. Like one where you go all over town to try to exonerate your irritating little pre-requisite underage party member of theft, only to loving find out the stupid little bint did it in the first place.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

For people that bought Hitman:Absolution because it was the free game this month on Xbox, here's somthing i wrote up to give you a bit of a heads up about this game.

Just a word of warning to you guys trying Hitman Absolution for the first time, thinking to yourself "I'm an MLG Pro Hitmansassin, i'll just play on Hard/Professional like the game recommends me too"

The way the game works is that you get upgrades based on the score you get for every level. The game is balanced in such a way that you'd play through on Normal or easier first and get all your upgrades there, then go up to hard and above where the game is actually much harder. But you would have certain key upgrades to actually make it possible to sneak around the way you want.

These mostly include the disguise upgrades that make it so guys won't see through you as fast from so far away which will be the biggest problem for those who might have played the original games, you still have to sneak around while wearing a disguise but it's more of a tool that lets you move out in the open for a few extra precious seconds than a free ticket to do what you want so long as you don't shoot somebody.

Now that's not to say you can't play on Hard or above from the start and not enjoy yourself or that you CAN"T get SA rankings your first time through on those modes but it'll much much harder than it needs to be.

Also don't go into this game expecting standard Hitman fare, there are a few levels that are like the old games (big open sandboxes that let you kill your targets anyway you want plus some really unique ways they put into the level) but the majority is a linear hallway that they want you to sneak through so be prepared for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I just picked up Nier for super cheap. I read through the wiki, anything else I should know?

I know there's something with having jt play through the game multiple times or do certain things to unlock extra endings; will what I need to do that be obvious?