Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Quit being an rear end in a top hat and save the man already, Ray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Ray's watermelon senses are INTENSE

Also I animated my favorite bit from that session:

Edit: oh duh, quoting new episode for the fresh page:

Niggurath posted:

I'm bad at timing buttons, cleaning wounds, and shooting poo poo. But I'm alright for saying stupid poo poo.

Also here is a bonus video involving my junk handling:

Junk Challenge Shooting Range Extreme

Panzer Skank fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Apr 5, 2014

Mutamu
Aug 10, 2011

He's Doctor, (pause), Doctor Shark!
Oh christ that challenge, goal time 35 seconds are you for real game? At least THAT doesn't seem to be necessary.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
Highly precise physics model

Miacis
Oct 9, 2012

Get off my lawn!!

Niggurath posted:

Also here is a bonus video involving my junk handling:

Junk Challenge Shooting Range Extreme
Those green boards have the goofiest physics. The one that gets knocked off 1 minute into the first attempt just couldn't stop spinning. :parrot:

Miacis fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Apr 5, 2014

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

How many of those SURGE guys are there? Around 70 of them died in the last level because of Ray alone, and they probably lost a bunch more to the Earthquake. Are there just countless thousands of them or something so they can take these losses?

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

While watching this video I noticed you had 666 videos uploaded and while it seems to have been #664 it'll always be #666 in my heart because wow is that challenge diabolical.

They're possessed! :devil:

Kangra
May 7, 2012

ChaosSamusX posted:

How many of those SURGE guys are there? Around 70 of them died in the last level because of Ray alone, and they probably lost a bunch more to the Earthquake. Are there just countless thousands of them or something so they can take these losses?

They are legion.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Look out, Mountain Dew. There's a new gamer beverage in town :smugdog:

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Mutamu posted:

Oh christ that challenge, goal time 35 seconds are you for real game? At least THAT doesn't seem to be necessary.
It's not necessary, I think it's just to get some additional point bonuses at the end. But the thing is that it costs gun upgrade points (which we'll cover in the next update) to even do the shooting range....so if you do manage to suck at it, you'll just end up wasting points and then have to grind through combat sections again to get more gun points. And even if you do amazing at the junk shooting range you'll maybe only get 100 points in profit, so you can't really use it to farm for points. The only reason to do it is that it's a pre-requisite for certain weapons (which will also be covered next update) and thus you just have to power through it once....then never, ever do it again. Unless you're having to record it for the internet for some reason.

ChaosSamusX posted:

The bigger question is...are they following Ray or is it all just a constant, happy coincedence that they keep bumping into each other? (topical Mr. Show reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AISLBrQ-ODE)

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.
I think the reason why the car park and random buildings were on fire is because Blue Ridge City insists on storing fire in mailboxes, wooden crates, and other implausible storage containers which then broke open during the earthquake.

PsycArtist
Nov 12, 2011

SWAGGY
I'm starting to think that Ray is actually a superhero, considering the sheer amount of fire and explosions he's survived at this point. Maybe that's why he needs to eat so much.

I also found that concept art y'all mentioned.

Cymbal Monkey
Apr 16, 2009

Lift Your Little Paws Like Antennas to Heaven!

PsycArtist posted:

I'm starting to think that Ray is actually a superhero, considering the sheer amount of fire and explosions he's survived at this point. Maybe that's why he needs to eat so much.

I think they really lost something when they decided to go a different direction with Ray.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
This game always brings out the best fan art.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

PsycArtist posted:

:swoon:

ROCK SOLID ABS, LADIES

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

PsycArtist posted:

The 'R' is for Rocks.

unfair
Oct 6, 2012
I really have to wonder what kind of sales this game had - doesn't seem like it could have been good.
Also I can't believe no one followed through on Panzer's comment yet - that was my first thought as well:

Not to mention when the protagonist eats a MASSIVE watermelon slice I picture him looking like this.

Edit: VVV Whoops, lost a letter on that URL. Fixed.

unfair fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 6, 2014

azren
Feb 14, 2011

unfair posted:

I really have to wonder what kind of sales this game had - doesn't seem like it could have been good.
Also I can't believe no one followed through on Panzer's comment yet - that was my first thought as well:

Not to mention when the protagonist eats a MASSIVE watermelon slice I picture him looking like this.

According to the link, "Zoinks! You've taken a wrong turn!" Regardless, I am not splitting up, gang.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
I can't wait for Ray to fight against the evil paramilitary group jacking nukes by tossing chunks of concrete at them.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

PsycArtist posted:

It even has a tribal tattoo.

My sides.

Teoball
Sep 14, 2004

time to wake up and smell the rose
I'm pretty sure you can turn off the Wiimote speaker in the options so you can hear the excellent voice acting through your speakers instead.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Teoball posted:

I'm pretty sure you can turn off the Wiimote speaker in the options so you can hear the excellent voice acting through your speakers instead.
Hmmm, are you talking about the subtitled bits during game play that seem to not have voice acting? Or are you just talking about in general? Cause I can definitely change that option in the future if that means everything will properly have voice acting.

VVVVV
Ah, that's what I was thinking; I can definitely turn that on in the future (though I've already got the next three updates done).

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Apr 7, 2014

Teoball
Sep 14, 2004

time to wake up and smell the rose

Niggurath posted:

Hmmm, are you talking about the subtitled bits during game play that seem to not have voice acting? Or are you just talking about in general? Cause I can definitely change that option in the future if that means everything will properly have voice acting.

Alas, I'm only talking about the news ticker bits.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

I'm fairly certain Blue Ridge is supposed to be SF, the epicentre of the quake was in the pacific northwest, but the city isn't exactly near that, which would make sense based on the fact that it was a 9 on the Richter scale.

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Miacis posted:

Those green boards have the goofiest physics. The one that gets knocked off 1 minute into the first attempt just couldn't stop spinning. :parrot:

Haha holy poo poo loving everything in this game is super janky and hosed up. I didn't even notice this the first time i watched but it's loving amazing.

unfair posted:

Edit: VVV Whoops, lost a letter on that URL. Fixed.

Oh no how could you bring my awful terrible joke to life haha holy hell (thank you so much for this!!)

WilliamAnderson posted:

I'm fairly certain Blue Ridge is supposed to be SF, the epicentre of the quake was in the pacific northwest, but the city isn't exactly near that, which would make sense based on the fact that it was a 9 on the Richter scale.

Ah that makes sense! Thank you.

PsycArtist posted:

I can't even I can't i jesuS loving CHrist you gave the arm a tattoo gently caress when I loving die my skeleton arm is gonna shoot outta the ground and carve this image onto my headstone

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
If blue ridge is supposed to be SF, then they ought to know better. It's not like SF was 80% demolished from a 7.8 earthquake in its past or anything.

Yeah, 7.8 ruined 80% of the city. Though the epicenter was maybe a couple of miles off the peninsula where SF is. So Geop might have to say how well the force radiates from epicenter.

Nemo Somen
Aug 20, 2013

I thought the damage from the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake was due to their buildings not taking into account the effects of earthquakes, but rather being built as a structure on the east coast. I'd expect a modern city, if it is in a region that experiences regular earthquakes, to have building codes to heavily diminish the damage of earthquakes.

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

The epicenter is just where the quake occurred, relative to the surface. The more important factor in quakes and their strength comes from depth. The physical location where the earthquake occurred in the subsurface is the hypocenter (which is some vertical offset from the epicenter). Shallow-focus quakes (hypocenter is near the surface) tend to be more damaging due to the energy being nearer the surface. Deeper ones CAN be very damaging, but the depth and distance the energy travels can lead to it largely being dissipated over the area involved.

Magnitude and strength absolutely play the lion's share of how the damage will unravel in a populated area, but a lot of it also boils down to the construction methods/materials being used in local buildings.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

Geop posted:

The epicenter is just where the quake occurred, relative to the surface. The more important factor in quakes and their strength comes from depth. The physical location where the earthquake occurred in the subsurface is the hypocenter (which is some vertical offset from the epicenter). Shallow-focus quakes (hypocenter is near the surface) tend to be more damaging due to the energy being nearer the surface. Deeper ones CAN be very damaging, but the depth and distance the energy travels can lead to it largely being dissipated over the area involved.

Magnitude and strength absolutely play the lion's share of how the damage will unravel in a populated area, but a lot of it also boils down to the construction methods/materials being used in local buildings.

And with this, I believe Geop has put more thought into the concept of earth quakes than the game developers ever did.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Thesaya posted:

And with this, I believe Geop has put more thought into the concept of earth quakes than the game developers ever did.
They did put some thought into it, but they also happened to make a city that was doused in gasoline, constructed of balsa wood, houses a nuclear armament disposal facility on a massive fault line, and has a crisis management center that hires gun toting psychopaths that talk to compasses. This is just how the Japanese picture America and how America solves it....the right way.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Solving things with guns and gigantic burgers is The American Way. Compasses and nukes are necessary to maximize your credulity combo (and pathos points).

Derek Barona
Dec 8, 2009

WHO'S YOUR FRIEND?!
Loving the LP so far. I really enjoy how the Steve Special successfully manages to save everyone except Steve.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
Oh thank god someone is LPing this game, maybe we can finally get this done. :allears: I love Geop and PanzerSkank especially, I never had much experience hearing them before so thank you for playing this Niggurath, this game just encourages humour to come out of everyone who plays it.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Miacis posted:

Oh jeez this is the best. At 1:37 or so a board even crosses the screen bouncing all the way from right to left... and then jumps over the remaining boards to fly off into the sunset. :allears:

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Those are disaster physics. All the rules go out the window when you have a 9.0 magnitude quake.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Merijn posted:

Oh jeez this is the best. At 1:37 or so a board even crosses the screen bouncing all the way from right to left... and then jumps over the remaining boards to fly off into the sunset. :allears:
The weird thing is that I didn't even want to make a video of that stupid shooting range because I hate it so much and I suck so badly at it. I'm a bit sad that none of the other shooting ranges are that goofy or interesting (sans ummmmm one special one), so I'm not sure if I'll be showing any of them off.

But in good news, Panzer will be at PAX in a couple days showing off her and delicious bees' great game Roundabout and she's super excited about that, but that means she'd be unavailable for commentary which is a definite bummer.....or it would be if we didn't manage to record a few videos beforehand of stupid Disaster fun. So I was curious if you guys wanted a new update now or just wanted to wait till the weekend. Also this was to make sure that Panzer knows she's great and that I know they'll do amazing at PAX.

VVVVVV
Shut your stink hole, Panzer Stank!

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 9, 2014

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

Niggurath posted:

The weird thing is that I didn't even want to make a video of that stupid shooting range because I hate it so much and I suck so badly at it. I'm a bit sad that none of the other shooting ranges are that goofy or interesting (sans ummmmm one special one), so I'm not sure if I'll be showing any of them off.

But in good news, Panzer will be at PAX in a couple days showing off her and delicious bees' great game Roundabout and she's super excited about that, but that means she'd be unavailable for commentary which is a definite bummer.....or it would be if we didn't manage to record a few videos beforehand of stupid Disaster fun. So I was curious if you guys wanted a new update now or just wanted to wait till the weekend. Also this was to make sure that Panzer knows she's great and that I know they'll do amazing at PAX.

Aww jeeeeez :kimchi: JEEZ JUST JEEEZ. POST THE NEXT VIDEO! DO IT! I DARE YA!!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Disaster Files
Disaster File 11
Disaster File 12

The job of a mayor is to be a total badass....at least in Blue Ridge City.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

The sick car stunts were glorious. Lmao real good.

Also, I hope we get to see the minigun at the end of the weapon tree. The most appropriate equipment for a rescue agent guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

I know-when I first saw them, I was thinking "Are these guys doing stunts?" And then one Humvee rolls in on two wheels. This game :allears:

Also, the mayor is a pretty cool guy-I'd vote for him even if he can barely lift wafer-thin rocks!

• Locked thread