Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
But the Crazy Cuddle is his signature move!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
That dude holding the Boo-urns sign better flip it back around, because that was a great finish to the six-man match. :colbert:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The AI bastard did regen his injury by the end, though. After all the work put into him.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
I am so glad that Radical Larry is back in our lives.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Very excited to be following the new wrestling project on Dickie's FB feed. Hard to believe i'm playing a wrestling game from 2008 and still find 'surprises'. Let's hope this new project is a legacy title and not one to be passed over like the mobile game [wrestling revolution].

Customisable rings!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
For a minute there I thought that first picture was going to be the old PPV mini-ring moving entrances having been put in. Sadly no.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Lizard Wizard posted:

I agree. If you ever get another chance, you should bust out your special trick expecially for him.
I'll echo a sentiment from earlier in the thread, and suggest he not do this, especially not this early. If changes were to be made to make the game more brutal, I would revive the idea of making weapons more deadly, which at least has the possibility of backfiring.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Oh man, Crazy Jew. An investment banker gone wrong. I love it.
Assuming these names are generated by mashing together names randomly selected from a long list, some lucky person has had the pleasure of having Ghetto Jew enter the world of wrestling.

simosimo posted:

Very excited to be following the new wrestling project on Dickie's FB feed. Hard to believe i'm playing a wrestling game from 2008 and still find 'surprises'. Let's hope this new project is a legacy title and not one to be passed over like the mobile game [wrestling revolution].

Customisable rings!
While the first ring might initially seem like a good idea, I foresee a lot of "Rope Break". The game is looking like a proper sequel though, with plenty of improvements to keep the game fresh. MDickie is doing it again.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I just like that as much as MDickie tries to expand his games, they maintain that same janky-looking unfinished air that makes his games what they are. :allears:

Also a quick sign because I remembered a story of someone bringing a bitcoin sign to a WWE show and having it confiscated at the door.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

MDickie is doing it again.
Yeah! Just imagine, how customizable rings will help improve the depiction of the life of Christ or prison days.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

tlarn posted:

I just like that as much as MDickie tries to expand his games, they maintain that same janky-looking unfinished air that makes his games what they are. :allears:
"The first 90 percent of the code accounts for 90 percent of the development time. The remaining 10 percent of the code accounts for the other 90 percent of the development time."

MDickie saves a lot of time by never bothering with the remaining 10 percent. (And "borrowing" the textures other people make.)

SelenicMartian posted:

Yeah! Just imagine, how customizable rings will help improve the depiction of the life of Christ or prison days.
I have a hard time imagining that any of his games wouldn't be improved by customizable rings.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
MDickie is really cool in a sort of Ed Wood of video games kinda way. Hard Time is a great idea for a computer game, it's the slipshod execution that makes it into simultaneously poo poo and great experience.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-O3hNVgBTc

Fuckin Liam Neeson!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How did Scotbird lose that one? All the DQs suddenly counted?

Scotbird.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
SCOT....Bird...

Scotbird?

Still hate it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Maybe it needs a silent T. Sco'bird.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

Looks like Neeson's stalking Larry or something? First he runs in during a match, then he transfers to the same fed Larry ends up in... I sense a pattern.

Also, I love how you still hold grudges against the racist fuckers from the first playthrough way back when.

Also also holy poo poo Scotbird :lol:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

M.Ciaster posted:

Looks like Neeson's stalking Larry or something? First he runs in during a match, then he transfers to the same fed Larry ends up in... I sense a pattern.
Neeson was convinced Larry was his friend, but had betrayed him by befriending Liam Neeson. Either MDickie has programmed him to be weird as gently caress, or this is amazing emergent storytelling.

M.Ciaster posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress kind of name is that.

RiffRaff1138
Feb 28, 2006

Every single motherfucker thinks they're gonna save the fuckin' world... Why not do something about the shitty economy or whatever instead?! Son of a bitch!
This thread inspired me to reinstall the game. I've made it my goal this time around that, win or lose, I won't quit back to the menu until everyone else (competitors, refs and run-ins) is injured, preferably fatally.

After my first match in wrestling school, I got signed on by MLG. Immediately upon signing, the booker wanted me to pay him for a favorable ref. (Same as just happened to Larry!) I refused, and ended up fighting the booker in my next match. I won by pin, then beat him with a chair until he lost both arms and a foot. He died from the injuries, and my next match was a tribute match... for Doctor Stainton. Who is still alive.

This game.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
A run-in distraction into a cheeky rollup is one of the cheapest ways to generate heat and start a feud.

MDickie emulates the WWE Creative team perfectly. :vince:

Also what sort of name is Scotbird?

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

M.Ciaster posted:

SCOTBIRD

I love how it also looks so drat widebody, just like our Laz.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
so in those contract negotiations do they ever turn down what you ask for? It seems like they just accept whatever you propose every single time without any negotiation...

viewtyjoe
Jan 5, 2009

Starsfan posted:

so in those contract negotiations do they ever turn down what you ask for? It seems like they just accept whatever you propose every single time without any negotiation...

Oh yeah, you can get turned down. The offer MLG was making was a loving joke for what Radical Larry should be going for at this point in his career, even with the lovely popularity he has from all the bullshit losses, which is why they didn't even blink when he just about doubled their offer.

To be fair, the whole contract system is stupid in this game, but you can get refused pretty easily. $1000 per match is peanuts for most of the feds though.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Using the fantastic sign by Sharp_angus, I have created a tribute to the lenses, with some radical 90's attitude.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I got this game to have fun with it and play along with the thread. Then I found out the Ultimate Warrior died today. Now I feel like I killed the Ultimate Warrior with my bad playing :smith:

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Using the fantastic sign by Sharp_angus, I have created a tribute to the lenses, with some radical 90's attitude.

RIP lens never forget :patriot:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94Xlyv5VXHI

Scotbird is a face, and it turns out MLG is a crooked wrestling promotion, but in a good way! Larry storms through the ranks, meeting old *friends* and overcoming the odds in awesome style. The finish will please you.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oh my God simo I'm so glad you're back. Time to marathon these videos. The signs are loving killing me, by the way. :lol:

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Hey, Scotbird. I'm having trouble filling the roster tonight. Care to stay back and do another match? By the way, it's FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP! We literally have no idea what we're doing here.

*circus music starts playing*

Bribe the refs and take steroids! We're Maple Leaf Grappling! We employ Liam loving Neeson. Remember him from Schindler's List?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That is a loving great shirt.

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

God I hope you never change the menu music. That awful midi guitar :allears:

Also yeah, the signs are one of my favorite things about these LPs. Seeing insane unexplainable poo poo happen with someone waving a WHO BOOKS THIS poo poo? sign in the background is a magical experience.

e: ahaha holy poo poo the guy died? Don't mess with Scotbird or he'll mess you up without even layin' a finger on you, I guess.

e2: ok the comment about Larry vibrating through barricades made me laugh far too hard (considering the origin of his name)

cis_eraser_420 fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 10, 2014

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,

He helps people like me.
I'm having a lot of fun seeing the "WAHEY!" and "BOO-URNS" signs pop up. :haw:

I like that pretty much anyone that messes with Larry this time around is getting their poo poo wrecked before he discovers some latent power. Even Liam Neeson didn't go away unscathed, he leaves one federation for another to chase Larry down, and Liam's apprentice loses his title in what was supposed to be a filler match. Cult of Mictothewilly's getting pushed to the moon.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The little story about Tugs and Ringo Starr was my favourite part.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
RIP Battle Axe. Tripped off the skirt and died. A shitarse to the end.

edit: At 35:57, did Gen. Genocide take the pad off one of the corners?! Holy crap this game.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 11, 2014

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Haha! Holy poo poo! That was the best episode!

In honor of everything turning up Lazzah, I have created yet another sign, celebrating the whirlwind success of our man ScotBird!

Available in two flavors:

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Scotbird is my favorite name yet.

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012

Professor Clumsy posted:

Hey, Scotbird. I'm having trouble filling the roster tonight. Care to stay back and do another match? By the way, it's FOR THE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP! We literally have no idea what we're doing here.

*circus music starts playing*

Bribe the refs and take steroids! We're Maple Leaf Grappling! We employ Liam loving Neeson. Remember him from Schindler's List?

Ahaha, beautiful, I got a chuckle out of that.

Must have three or four sets queued up by now, I know what I'm doing for the rest of the night. :D

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
Why the gently caress did Agent Snider want to pay you 2 grand to carry a syringe into wrestling school

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Haha! Holy poo poo! That was the best episode!

In honor of everything turning up Lazzah, I have created yet another sign, celebrating the whirlwind success of our man ScotBird!

Available in two flavors:

Oh you just know some ironic hipster rear end in a top hat is going to show up to one of these events waving something like this high and proud for all to see now that Scotbird's really getting over:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Great signs marks! Maybe Scotbird can immitate other gimmicks down the road, ala charlie haas....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Despite my better judgement, I've unreashed the klacken yet again with four new signs for this new edition.

• Locked thread