Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

coffeetable posted:

i wanna be an idea haver when i grow up

same, i want to have projects to do but lack the ideas

i want to do something with django in the near future, also something in java with webcam capture and image/text recognition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i always have shitloads to do, it's the motivation to do it that i lack. fuckin stupid self destructive selfish brain. i'm slowly training him

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
alright current idea is to work on a chrome extension to add some features to SA that could be funny and/or useful

* i didnt realise that SALR was open sores so maybe I will contribute to that, i dont really want to but i dont know

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 4, 2014

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Valeyard posted:

alright current idea is to work on a chrome extension to add some features to SA that could be funny and/or useful

* i didnt realise that SALR was open sores so maybe I will contribute to that, i dont really want to but i dont know

i thought salr was dead

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

i thought salr was dead

i thought so too but it looks like his last post in the salr thread was today and he is making regular commits so :confused:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Valeyard posted:

i thought so too but it looks like his last post in the salr thread was today and he is making regular commits so :confused:

salr firefox and chrome are both alive and kicking

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

syscall girl posted:

salr firefox and chrome are both alive and kicking

Ok because if i google for salr i come on a google code page which has a big honking link for bountysource that leads to a page that no longer exists

so i kinda stopped looking then

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

Ok because if i google for salr i come on a google code page which has a big honking link for bountysource that leads to a page that no longer exists

so i kinda stopped looking then

chrome
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3208437

firefox
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431449

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
as a different sort of spare time project, i've dusted off some of my old piano books and fired up the keyboard and i'm learning a few pieces.

currently i'm working on "The Rosary" by Ethelbert Nevin which is a really beautiful song and i'm pretty good at it, "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin which everyone knows and is pretty fun, and "Gopak" by Mussorgsky which is a nightmarish mishmash of weird chords and accidentals but a very interesting bit of music

classically trained pianists represent

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
i haven't touched a piano in like 4 years, i got to grade 5 when i was in college

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im a classically trained cellist may i represent?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Valeyard posted:

well ive got a tweet button added beside the quoet button that lets you tweet your post, next stop is embedding vines

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Bloody posted:

im a classically trained cellist may i represent?

yes

anyone who makes music pretty much owns in my books

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

ol qwerty bastard posted:

as a different sort of spare time project, i've dusted off some of my old piano books and fired up the keyboard and i'm learning a few pieces.

currently i'm working on "The Rosary" by Ethelbert Nevin which is a really beautiful song and i'm pretty good at it, "The Entertainer" by Scott Joplin which everyone knows and is pretty fun, and "Gopak" by Mussorgsky which is a nightmarish mishmash of weird chords and accidentals but a very interesting bit of music

classically trained pianists represent

I get drunk and slap my dick on synthesizers while screaming with a contact mic attached to my adams apple. . . do I count?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

i will make a proper thread for this tomorrow and see if i can find more features to add that arent already in salr, just now it has the novelty feature of being able to tweet out your own posts + vine integration, there is lots to fix, but its going good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

neato thanks

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
I wrote a steganography thing for Twitter tonight by using unicode homoglyphs

http://holloway.co.nz/steg/

it uses a 6-bit charset and each glyph can hold a different number of bits so it's quite efficiently packed (i think)

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Apr 5, 2014

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

it uses a 6-bit charset and each glyph can hold a different number of bits so it's quite efficiently packed (i think)

burp
and/or fart                           
   

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

this is really cool

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Bloody posted:

op is ped7sqs7cta6q

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

Valeyard posted:

this is really cool

this is really cool                 
 

edit oh sa breaks everything

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

haha this is dope

excellent work

e: how many unicode whitespace-ish characters are there

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker
thanks

Corla Plankun posted:

this is really cool                 
 

code:
t is is really  

Corla Plankun posted:

edit oh sa breaks everything

yeah that seems to be the main problem. filters that just discard characters, and each site has its own filter.

Jonny 290 posted:

e: how many unicode whitespace-ish characters are there

18 (well there are a few more in the spec but that's all this uses).

there's no reason why it couldn't hide files in an email too (if the text was sufficiently long) so i might do that next. i'm going to be emailing the works of shakespeare (aka dick pics) to a lot of people.

N.Z.'s Champion fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Apr 5, 2014

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

N.Z.'s Champion posted:

thanks

code:
t is is really  
yeah that seems to be the main problem. filters that just discard characters, and each site has its own filter.

18 (well there are a few more in the spec but that's all this uses).

there's no reason why it couldn't hide files in an email too (if the text was sufficiently long) so i might do that next. i'm going to be emailing the works of shakespeare (aka dick pics) to a lot of people.

with email couldn't you just stick the uuencoded file in a non-standard header?

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Sweevo posted:

with email couldn't you just stick the uuencoded file in a non-standard header?

sure, there are many ways of hiding messages

the idea of text steganography is that non-techies might just think that it's a weird font

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

Bloody posted:

burp
and/or fart                           
   

"op is a tremendous human being"

if you find approximately where the text corruption is and insert spaces there you can realign the 6bit boundaries, and recover the rest of the message

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
it doesn't survive being pasted into an IRC window either, so it's not necessarily some HTML issue

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i was buying some usb cables at dealextreme and discovered they sell knock-off arduinos and arduino accessories so i bought like 40 bucks worth. i'm probably going to burn my house down.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if you manage to burn your house down with a 5v device you probably deserved it.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

ah poo poo this owns http://thearcademan.net/the-sega-rally-project-to-sapo-codebitsvi/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0JQ2x5ZVJE

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

if you manage to burn your house down with a 5v device you probably deserved it.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Sagebrush posted:

1000 amps at 5v is still a lot of power

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Bloody posted:

i hope usb 4.0 is specced to provide 5000 watts

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i've got a 5v 60 amp supply that i pulled out of a weird luggable PC

it makes sparks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody posted:

if you're trying to push 1000 amps around with an arduino you probably also deserve to burn your house down

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Stealth Like posted:

i hope usb 4.0 is specced to provide 5000 watts

Sagebrush posted:

if you're trying to push 1000 amps around with an arduino you probably also deserve to burn your house down

:getin:

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag
my first aliexpress poo poo just arrived. 20 x LM324N quad op amps for something retarded like $5 inc shipping from china. I haven't tested them yet, we shall see how many actually work.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

every bit of my aliexpress stuff has worked so far, except for the one package i entirely did not receive.

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

Dr. Honked posted:

my first aliexpress poo poo just arrived. 20 x LM324N quad op amps for something retarded like $5 inc shipping from china. I haven't tested them yet, we shall see how many actually work.

you know you could free sample them for $0 and theyll actually work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Sagebrush posted:

every bit of my aliexpress stuff has worked so far, except for the one package i entirely did not receive.

only issue I've had with aliexpress is getting the wrong size of something that asked you to manually specify a size in the comments, which they obviously didn't read
seller did not respond to the aliexpress "dispute centre" form
after 2 weeks I contacted my CC company and got a refund