Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

What Staticpulse said about clerics is pretty much dead on. The one caveat I have is when fighting say octopi or any other enemy who is known to spam a large damaging aoe attack. A single cleric with major heal spell can really keep your attack going instead of spending time getting your units healed. The other option is to make sure that enemies can't use their aoe attacks.

Also, awaken II is a very useful spell to have around, though I can't remember the class restriction on it. The items to cure paranoia/bewitch are really time consuming to craft, have high field alchemy to use, and have poor range to use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

So I forgot some skills on the Warrior and Archer - actions that grant 100% accuracy to nearby allies for melee/ranged attacks, respectively.

They are, however, utter garbage and don't really change anything. Warrior's still outclassed, Archer is still Combat King.

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 41: More Of That Jazz

Click here or above for a larger image.

Things have changed quite a bit since we last looked at the map. Namely that we are now in control of all the former Walister territory. In a show of solidarity towards our new (old?) Walister allies I decided to use both the green and blue colors, that I was using for the Order of Goons and the Resistance respectively, to mark our new combined territory. Mainly I did it because things would look a little to Christmassy for my taste if I didn't. As things stand now we our one of the three major powers in Valeria. The other two are of course Bakram and their tenuous allies the Dark Knights. But when word reaches Lanselot Tartaros about Brantyn involvement in recent events that alliance will crumble. If it hasn't already.

The Old King

(Pictured: Dorgala Oberyth)

Not much to say other than he's still dead and apparently he's Catiua's dad.

The Bakram-Valerian Kingdom

(Pictured: Brantyn Morne)

Brantyn Morne hasn't have a lot of screen time but he's been busy behind the scene. Recently he has plotted with Vyce to assassinate Duke Ronwey and Lanselot Tartaros. Vyce was able to kill Ronwey, but Lanselot and his Dark Knights were too much for him. For his efforts, Vyce is now on the run and his current whereabouts are unknown.

Dark Knights of Lodis

(Pictured: Lanselot Tartaros, Belxephon, Barbas, Martym, Oz, and Ozma)

The Dark Knights have started to make their move. After revealing the truth of her lineage to Catiua, the Dark Knights then attack Boed. They attacked the Liberation Front to get access to a certain man that they had recently liberated from the Bakram capitol of Heim. That man is no other than Denam's father. With this turn of events it is now wonder that Denam and the Order of Goons are matching to the Dark Knight's main stronghold in Valeria, Phidoch Castle.

Order of Goons

(Pictured: Denam, Canopus, Arycelle, Hobyrim, Cistina, Cerya, Leal, Staticpulse, doomfunk, Cake Attack, Prowler, and Doctor Reynolds)

Ever since Duke Ronwey was assassinated the Order has been on the up and up. We've absorbed the remainder of the Walister Resistance and the truth about Balmamusa is slowly making the rounds. Outside the whole Dark Knight thing, it's a good time to be a goon.

Xenobian Mercenaries

(Pictured: Lanselot Hamilton, Warren, Gildas, and Mirdyn)

Things aren't going to well for the cool guys from abroad. Lanselot Hamilton has been missing since the Dark Knight's attack on Rhime and Warren is bed ridden and barely responsive. Not the type to sit idly by, Gildas and Mirdyn have joined us to give the Dark Knights some pay back.

The Remnants of Galgastan

(Pictured: Nybeth and Cressida)

After we defeated Xaebos at Britnays, the necromancer Nybeth and his daughter Cressida have disappeared. We know that Nybeth is up to something important, but what it is... none one knows. :iiam:

The roundup is getting kind of small.

I forgot to put this choice in the last update, but the thread was nice enough to vote anyway. We're going right.

Focus your attacks on their commander, and they will wither before us! To battle!

It's worth noting that the Dark Knight are using Bakram soldiers to guard their walls.

As one would expect, Phidoch has some decent defenses. You might think I'm talking about the two dragons, but I mean that tiny little stream of water. Once we make it over the stream the path by the Archer is our best bet to making it up the walls.

We brought our Stone Golem to this fight. It's been awhile since we last saw him and during that time he's been getting into combat shape. The nice thing about golems is despite their slow speed they have plenty of opportunities to attack. This is thanks to the range of Boulder Toss. Think of them as slow mobile artillery.

The other nice thing about golems is their pretty tuff.

One of the dragons tries to press the advantage and hoops across the stream. He even tries to be fancy by using one of his less than useful skills.

He didn't last very long.

Even though one dragon is gone, the two knights are still blocking the path.

Their easy enough to take care of though.

Canopus gets the kill.

With the first Knight gone a second jumps in to try and fill the void.

He's no were near as good as his predecessor. As demonstrated by Gildas easily taking him out.

Since we are once again throwing ourselves against a castle wall, reinforcements should be expected.

This new comer wastes no time in taking the mobile out of mobile artillery.

And doomfunk wastes no time in doing what he does best.

Doctor Reynolds makes his move to finish off the last dragon. However, even with Fire-touched he comes up a bit short.

But Hobyrim is always ready to lend a hand.

The archers are ignoring the frontline and instead focusing on our support units.

Up above Canopus has made it to the outer most wall, and with a lucky shot takes out one of the clerics.

More units arrive. This one was kind enough to push Buluru closer to the action. Not that he needed the help, but it's the thought that counts.

Denam joins Canopus up on the wall and final uses the blowgun he's had equip this entire time. Got to love charmed.

The enemy doesn't like that we're getting so close.

It's starting to get crowded with all these reinforcements arriving.

One of the enemy Clerics heals his charmed ally.

That might have been counter-productive if the other Cleric didn't have the cure charm spell. Even if the Archer didn't get a chance to attack while charmed at least the Clerics waste a few turns healing her and not someone else.

After that the Cleric retreats right into Canopus's path.

A few moments later, the rest of our frontline makes it up the stairs.

With everyone in place Denam goes in for his very first sneak attack.

You know what? He's pretty good at stabbing people in the back.

Then, our target decides it would be a good idea to walk right in front of the heavily armed lumberjack of a knight and attack Leal.

Who is then taken down by a javelin.

Now at this point we could kill our target and end the fight, but where is the fun in that.

It's not like it would even be hard. Just look at all the crazy amounts of damage Prowler could do to her in one attack.

But we're greedy and want more loot. So Prowler does that to this chick instead.

Followed by Canopus taking out the Warlock.

What takes them so long? Surely Loslorien has not abandoned us!

I don't see any Dark Knights riding from the castle. The rift between the two forces must be wide indeed.

However, our greed was cut short when Gildas crits on his attack against our target. Sometime you can be to good at what you do.

For some reason I feel nostalgic for the rains down in Africa.

Congratulations

All that stalling we did at the end of the fight was just to make sure we killed the Warlock. He drop a grimoire for us.

Ozma rushes into the castle's deeps with news about what just happened.

And with me sitting the throne. A disgrace!

We must salvage what we can, my lord. Depart at once. Leave the castle's defense to us.

The high champion is afield without so much as an honor guard! I am asking you to protect him!

Of course. We must see to Lanselot.

Ozma, the castle is yours.

I'll take good care of her.

Balxephon has one last thing to say to Ozma before she leaves.

With that Ozma goes to meet us.

Next Time: The end of chapter 3.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Oh ninja, I would never quit you.

I tended to spread my buffs out over all of my powerhouses, but I wonder how much havoc a high elemental skilled, element touched, attack boosted, elemental weapon, status touched ninja could wreak.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Prowler posted:

Oh ninja, I would never quit you.

I tended to spread my buffs out over all of my powerhouses, but I wonder how much havoc a high elemental skilled, element touched, attack boosted, elemental weapon, status touched ninja could wreak.

I do this with Hobyrim and it's along the lines of 300 damage each swing.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Maybe I'm doing ninja wrong, but they are really squishy for me. I end up using Steelstance pretty much every turn. :shrug:

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Bregor posted:

Maybe I'm doing ninja wrong, but they are really squishy for me. I end up using Steelstance pretty much every turn. :shrug:

Glass cannons. Steelstance is your friend, to be sure. Just because your ninja can move all the way across the map doesn't mean they should; although they'll still be a target by archers and wizards on the front lines (and the oh-so-devastating TP attacks), nearby knights and support units can keep a ninja topped off.

With the right buffs, they can take out even heavier units in a single turn, and can generally keep up with RT. Make sure they're set up with as much evade as possible, though it won't really bother archers.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I usually keep my ninja/s in step with my lizard juggernaut. The best defense is killing everything you see, and pairing up ninjas with a powerhouse that can move as far as they can is never not a good idea.

Also:

Helmet 10 Warehouse posted:

Order of Goons

(Pictured: doomfunk)

Duuuuude, I totally shaved off that nasty hobo beard.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So is this the first time archers have targeted our backline, or would the enemy always try to get past our frontliners if they could?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Glazius posted:

So is this the first time archers have targeted our backline, or would the enemy always try to get past our frontliners if they could?

When the AI attacks, it will always attack a target it can kill if there is one; if not, it goes for the target it deals the most potential damage to. However, it doesn't plan ahead. It chooses its actions round by round, so you don't get enemies intentionally penetrating past your front line just so that they can get to your rear line. It still happens, but only by chance.

That said, the AI will absolutely see a Knight using Phalanx (-90% damage to self for one turn) and say "gently caress that noise" and go around. Phalanx is almost useless as a tanking mechanism for that reason (it's great for Solo Denam runs though). It's much more willing to pop temporary invulnerability effects, though, and seems to ignore damage redirection effects.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Zurai posted:

When the AI attacks, it will always attack a target it can kill if there is one; if not, it goes for the target it deals the most potential damage to. However, it doesn't plan ahead. It chooses its actions round by round, so you don't get enemies intentionally penetrating past your front line just so that they can get to your rear line. It still happens, but only by chance.

That said, the AI will absolutely see a Knight using Phalanx (-90% damage to self for one turn) and say "gently caress that noise" and go around. Phalanx is almost useless as a tanking mechanism for that reason (it's great for Solo Denam runs though). It's much more willing to pop temporary invulnerability effects, though, and seems to ignore damage redirection effects.

I have yet to try it, but I have heard that a naked knight strategy (no armor, only weapon and accessory) with phalanx works wonders. This is from gamefaqs though, so ymmv.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah posted:

I have yet to try it, but I have heard that a naked knight strategy (no armor, only weapon and accessory) with phalanx works wonders. This is from gamefaqs though, so ymmv.

Some guy on this forum actually did it about a year after release (it's in the archived thread).

He completed the game that way, but couldn't touch the post game.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Tithin Melias posted:

Some guy on this forum actually did it about a year after release (it's in the archived thread).

He completed the game that way, but couldn't touch the post game.

Haha that was me! I ran warrior -> knight -> lord -> knight making sure to keep low enough level to not hit level scaling. And phalanx into 1h sword limit break double strikes or dual wield phalanx tanking until I could one shot something was basically my whole strat towards the end game. That was a lot of fun. But once you hit level scaling things got out of hand.

I even made a lovely blog about it. :v:

http://soloisatactic.blogspot.com/

e: Oh that's right: counterattack field alchemy with a mace and using finishers standing in a corner waiting for the AI. One hand swords couldn't do enough damage.

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 23, 2014

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
This game does so many nice things. But the pace is slow and so much grinding. It's hard for me to love it as much as I want to.

Then again, I'm one of those scum that used the item dupe glitch in OB64 after the first playthrough regularly.

blackmongoose
Mar 31, 2011

DARK INFERNO ROOK!

Drakenel posted:

This game does so many nice things. But the pace is slow and so much grinding. It's hard for me to love it as much as I want to.

Then again, I'm one of those scum that used the item dupe glitch in OB64 after the first playthrough regularly.

I agree with this, the grinding is what killed it for me, especially since I'm the type of person who loves to try new stuff as soon as I get it, so I'd either go into a battle with 3 or 4 guys in level 1 classes or just get frustrated that I couldn't try the newest classes without grinding them up. In addition, the glacial pace of leveling skills felt extremely unrewarding.

That's why I'm thrilled to have this LP! All the grinding is offscreen and I get to see the cool aspects of the game that were the reason I originally bought it. Thanks for all your hard work H10W!

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Agreed, also you're playing the path I didn't take, so it's doubly nice for me.

Wish there were like gameshark cheats for it or something. The fact that there's several 'filler' battles inbetween plot points irritates me enough to just want to end it quickly as possible.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Drakenel posted:

Yeah, the story's neat but by God does the gameplay look lethally boring.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Flesnolk posted:

Yeah, the story's neat but by God does the gameplay look lethally boring.

It's very much a "does this game style make you happy in the pants" kinda game. If you could spend countless hours playing panzer general, or Gal Civ and games of the sort this then this type of game play is your kinda wet dream. The battles really are to what you are playing for. It's the min maxing of equipment, skills, skill points, spells, etc.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The gameplay's great but it suffers from two critical flaws. First, the weird everyone-starts-at-level-one class system. They should have just kept the traditional leveling-up system from the old game. Two, the needlessly clumsy crafting system. You can only make one thing at a time, there are chances to fail, etc. It's just pointless and time-consuming.

It's like getting an ice cream sundae without hot fudge. It's delicious and enjoyable....but dear god you really wish they would have just taken two extra seconds to put hot fudge on it.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Drakenel posted:

Its not that scummy depending on what you use the dupe glitch for. Is it for the money or getting unlimited chaos and law items so you don't have to deal with alignment fuckery, cause the latter isn't scummy. Its pretty much required, you literally do not get enough chaos urns or law scrolls to actually make a difference with alignment changing.

So I've picked up from where I last left off, is there a point where true strike/flight and spell strike stop being viable? My A listers get 100% to hit even with those skills taken off.

Staticpulse
Nov 1, 2010

Herein I have explained the operation of the sun.

Leal posted:

So I've picked up from where I last left off, is there a point where true strike/flight and spell strike stop being viable? My A listers get 100% to hit even with those skills taken off.

According to the skill descriptions for weapon types, they add to accuracy. So having Bows at 8 or what-have-you should be more than enough to cover your accuracy, unless you're a slow class trying to attack a ninja from the front or something. I think Dex helps out with weapon accuracy.

As for Spell Strike, it's mostly helpful for status/debuff spells. Especially if the class isn't made for spell casting, like Terror Knight. I believe Mind governs spell accuracy.

So long as you're hitting near 100%, feel free to replace those skills with something else.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Staticpulse posted:

According to the skill descriptions for weapon types, they add to accuracy.

So yeah when you hit about rank 3 or 4 then truestrike/flight become irrelevant in all but the most fringe situations, and using skills for fringe situations is what we call a waste.

Hell I had a character switch weapon types (daggers are much better than swords for Ice fyi) when I was rear end-deep in post-game and only rarely was her accuracy not 100% before she got any ranks.

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Update 42: You And I

Welcome back. Last time we broke through the outer walls of Dark Knight’s stronghold, Phidoch Castle.

Now, all that’s left is to enter the Great Hall.

It appears that no one is around.

After looking around Denam spots a familiar face.

Hey, Catiua is back and she looks cooler for some reason.

You can just hear the sarcasm in this line.

What are you doing!?

A voice calls out from above.

Lanselot!?

Ozma is here, too.

Glad to see you still live, Ozma.

Sir Balxephon awaits you without.

The hour grows late. Take whoever's left and leave the castle.

Catiua!

Leave this one to me. The princess must be kept safe!

The better part of valor is discretion. Come, Catiua. We leave at once!

Catiua and Lanselot leave.

A ragtag group takes up position on the staircase.

While four Templars file into the room from the opposite direction.

They’re lead by Oz.

Either will suffice, I should think. It will make a fine gift for your sister - a pendant, perhaps a brooch. How fitting. I'm told you only have eyes for her.

Ozma’s incredibly low RT gives her the first turn. Even with her speed it will be a while before she can reach us.

Twins? Yes, you have his look... Do you share his vulgar nature besides?

I hope you enjoyed that insult... It will be your last.

I guess even Ozma doesn’t like to be compared to Oz. Can’t blame her.

On the other hand Oz is in the perfect position to go after Denam before he can move.

But doing so isolates him from the rest of his forces. With the way the enemies are placed we need to take out Oz and his Templars before Ozma and her forces arrives. If they were to join forces their speed and numbers could overwhelm us.

Denam makes a slight mistake here by moving to the right to attack this Templar.

Also, by the way this jerk is a cleric.

For this fight we brought Cerya along since she has some extra dialog. We haven’t had time to work with her yet, so she only has the skills she joined with. However, she can still hold her own.

Now there's a woman with flint in her voice and fire in her eyes! 'Twould be a pity to scar such a lovely face. Perhaps I'll cut your feet off at the ankles instead. Wouldn't want you running off before the real fun begins!

You had your chance to kill me, but you let if pass. A fatal mistake!

You do not quail. I like that in a woman. It's not too late, you know. Surrender now, and I will spare your life. House Glacius is an ancient and noble line. As our meanest servant, you would be worth ten commonfolk.

If only you fought half as well as you spoke!

On second thought, I'll start by plucking out your tongue.

How it must shame you, Cerya, when all who called you friend are dead!

Do you think me a fool? My people were prepared to die. The shame would be in letting their deaths be in vain. I will not rest until you burn in hell!

As I said Oz is our first target. We have to take him ASAP.

About that mistake I mentioned earlier. By moving Denam to the right we put him into range of the archers.

That Templar Denam attack earlier jumps in as well.

Oz and his Templars aren’t our only concern. The Hydra attempts to take down Staticpulse. Despite the extra heads Hydras aren’t any better than dragons. In fact they’re a little weaker in my opinion.

Even though we are aiming for Oz we can’t be stupid about it. Charging straight forward right now will only get Prowler killed. So we check Oz’s movement range and move Prowler to a place from where he can strike next turn. It's okay to hold Ninjas back for a turn if you are worried about them taking too much damage. Ninjas don't really need a lot of TP and they can generate it really fast once they start attacking.

Oz is very chatty.

Return her to me, and speak no more of what we have "in common"!

If only you could hear yourself! "Return her to me! Return her to me!" Ha ha ha! Yes, I might beg as you do, in your place. I feel a lump in my throat just thinking of it.

You wound me, sister! Have I not always been devoted entire to you?

Oz’s spellcasting might make things difficult because it will allow him to attack form a safe distance.

But it’s Oz, so he just moves forward anyway.

Cake attack gives Denam some much needed HP. Then, more talking.

What have you done with my father!?

What nonsense is this?

The boy is Abuna Prancet's son.

Is that right?

You have Mannaflora! What do you need my father for? Tell me where you've taken him!

You don't know, do you? He lives, yes, but...

What have you done to him!?

We only loosened his tongue, so to speak.

You're beasts, all of you!

Denam rushes in.

It’s never good when an enemy’s counterattack, that only does 50% damage, hits harder than your regular attack.

The Wizard in red stuns three of our dudes.

And their Cleric heals Oz.

From up above the Archers set their sights on Hobyrim.

Another one for Ozma’s group makes it into melee range. Followed by even more talking. Once Oz starts his next turn.

But we have enough force to meet them.

Canopus does his anti-cleric duties.

Pain and agony are a rare dish. Better to serve than be served!

We must buy time for the high champion and Balxephon to escape the castle!

Just like in our last encounter, Oz goes after Hobyrim.

Unfortunately for Hobyrim this puts him at such low HP that any enemy he can reach would kill him with a counterattack. To make matters worse he doesn’t even have Field Alchemy. I figured he didn’t need it because if he need to use healing items then I was doing something wrong. I guess I did something wrong.

The Hydra spews poison on Staticpulse and Cake Attack.

On Prowler's next turn, our positioning pays off as he is in striking distance of Oz, but Prowler’s attack does more than just damage Oz.

To counter Oz has to turn his back on Denam.

And Denam wastes no time on this one, and really who can blame him.

Help me... sister...

Forgive me, Oz. I will soon join you in that darkest land. But I will not go alone!

This fight isn’t over yet.

Ozma is our next target and to get to her we have to go through her forces.

Plus, most of the Templars still remain.

Gildas and Leal take out the templar mage with a nice one-two punch.

This time the archers go after Denam.

As does Ozma.

Buluru goes to attack but stumbles.

Staticpulse finishes off the Hydra.

Of course by moving to attack the Hydra he left the enemy Terror Knight unattended, but it’s nothing doomfunk’s fire spells can’t handle.

This one Templar is giving everyone a hard time. He’s defending himself well using Rampart Shadow.

But we have ways of dealing with that.

Prowler moves to finish off an enemy.

This puts him right into Ozma’s path.

The enemy Witch finally decided to join the fight.

She and the Archers go after Hobyrim this round.

There’s no time to deal with them. Ozma is in our sights, so it’s time to end this.

Staticpulse circles around her. She’s trapped.

And Arycelle finishes her off.

That is it for the twins Oz and Ozma on the chaos route.

Congratulation

Click here or above for video covering the rest of the update.

Let me go! Please! Don't kill me!

Kneel, child. Pray to the Great Father.

Great Father Philaha. Forgive the sins of this, your child.

I did as he ordered, no more! Please, I don't want to die!

The camera pans up, and then…

End of Chapter 3.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I always expected some kind of climatic showdown with Vyce, but nope, he gets executed offscreen as weak and pathetic as ever. It seems fitting. I like the portrait they gave him here.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I always expected some kind of climatic showdown with Vyce, but nope, he gets executed offscreen as weak and pathetic as ever. It seems fitting. I like the portrait they gave him here.

Ozma has a slightly different portrait when you defeat her. Is this the case with Oz, as well?

Helmet 10 Warehouse
Jul 21, 2007

Nope. Oz still has the same stupid face when he dies. Ozma on the other hand has a few different portraits.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Even though he was the biggest jerk in all of the Valerian Isles and a constant thorn in our sides.. I can't help but feel sorry for the fucker as he cries out in desperation for his childhood friend just before death.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Neurion posted:

Even though he was the biggest jerk in all of the Valerian Isles and a constant thorn in our sides.. I can't help but feel sorry for the fucker as he cries out in desperation for his childhood friend just before death.

I liked Chaos Vice, he was just so cartoon villainish that it was fun. His desperation portrait is awesome too. This game does a good job with the special despair/anguish portraits.

Helmet10, you decide on what chapter 4 side quests you plan on doing? This lp could end up getting really long.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

waah posted:

I liked Chaos Vice, he was just so cartoon villainish that it was fun. His desperation portrait is awesome too. This game does a good job with the special despair/anguish portraits.

Just wait till you get to Chapter 4.

Having played the Law Route in this game before seeing this route the differences between Chaos Vyce and Law Vyce are surprising to say the least. May this poor sociopath rest in peace.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
This map gave me a lot of trouble when I was playing through. There's so many enemies and Oz and Ozma are both really dangerous so it can be overwhelming. Also I encourage anyone who hasn't played through the game to check out the soundtrack. It's really good

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god, Chaos Vyce is just in the worst place. Meanwhile Denam's just getting betrayed by everybody he used to know.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
My sister ran off with the guy who burnt down my village, and two days after the fact I learned my childhood friend was executed. Life is hard in Valeria.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Mad downers.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

dude789 posted:

This map gave me a lot of trouble when I was playing through. There's so many enemies and Oz and Ozma are both really dangerous so it can be overwhelming. Also I encourage anyone who hasn't played through the game to check out the soundtrack. It's really good

Those are all good, but you gotta mention the classics.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

MonsieurChoc posted:

Those are all good, but you gotta mention the classics.

And the awesome Avilla Hanya. By far my favorite rainy nighttime mission music in any game.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Someone tell me to care enough about LUCT to post the Valkyrie write-up because the Valkyrie's really interesting but I just don't feel like even touching my PSP ever again.

loving Daedalus Racks.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I was enjoying the class writeups, Valkyrie's my favorite non-Archer class, and I don't even know what a Daedalus Rack is, but whatever.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Rollersnake posted:

I was enjoying the class writeups, Valkyrie's my favorite non-Archer class, and I don't even know what a Daedalus Rack is, but whatever.

Some annoying endgame/post-game BS.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

dude789 posted:

And then there's the track that plays during the Oz and Ozma fight. Game had some really good pieces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
I've totally lost the plot, who executed Vyce and why?

On the other hand: about drat time!

• Locked thread