Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Now I've committed to buying Z3.

And the sad thing is, the only things I really care about are EVA and Gunbuster. I'm probably going to end up feeding all of my kills to Noriko and Shinji.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013

MechaX posted:

Now I've committed to buying Z3.

And the sad thing is, the only things I really care about are EVA and Gunbuster. I'm probably going to end up feeding all of my kills to Noriko and Shinji.

I really, really want to pick up Z3, but it's just not in my budget at the moment. It looks REALLY good, even if the art style is a bit funky. I imagine it'll look even better on my TV. The only thing I'm really concerned about is the original; Will it be Generic McSpikemech or will it have a cool spin on things? Time will tell, I guess. My aces would probably be the same, too, with Shinji and Noriko topping, probably closely followed by Simon, Roger Smith, and Banana Links.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wonder what Eva Unit 1's best move will be in this game? It wont't have the dance combo attack with Asuka. If they really want to be crazy they could do something similar to Eureka 7 at the end of Z1 and have it do that thing it does at the end of movie 2 but be controllable for the final stage or two.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Turns out that release date was a typo. :(

I'm hoping it'll, at least, come out in this semester...
Dark Prison has been out since the 31st.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I pre-ordered Z3 despite never finishing Z2-1. I was around mission 20 when my psp started dying.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

AradoBalanga posted:

What, really? I looked and couldn't find it...

Time to try again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I also didn't see it, but according to the official website, that is indeed when it came out as its own thing, the price should be 3000 yen. I don't think I'll partake of it though, Neo Granzon is cool and it would be nice to see Selena I guess, but I'm not interested in anything that happens in La Geas.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

AradoBalanga posted:

Source? Seriously, I browsed the entire "Simulation" section of the PSN Store looking for Dark Prison and couldn't find it. I searched the overall store for SRW and found lots of titles but not that one. If it's out, where is it?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah I can't find it either, I searched for everything with "スーパーロボット大戦" in its title, found all the SRW games I know about on the PSN (including Infinite Battle), but not that.

edit: Famitsu still lists it as "spring 2014" and that's it.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Apr 6, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wait wait, hold on. I totally misread the official page. It says this:

quote:

3,000円(税込)※2014年3月31日迄の価格で表示しております。
発売日:
好評発売中(2013年11月28日発売)
単体でのダウンロード販売は2014年春を予定

All it's saying is that as of 3/31, it is showing the tax included price, and that the bundle with Infinite Battle was released on 11/28, and it will be available individually in spring 2014.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Samurai Sanders posted:

All it's saying is that as of 3/31, it is showing the tax included price, and that the bundle with Infinite Battle was released on 11/28, and it will be available individually in spring 2014.

Well, balls. They don't have much time left in Spring 2014. :mad:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have a feeling I've been duped by someone who bought the Infinite Battle bundle and lied.

:ughh:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
This is embarrassing but I just found out Chobham armor is an actual thing and not some anime thing that always happens to be the lowest level of optional armor in SRW games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

I have a feeling I've been duped by someone who bought the Infinite Battle bundle and lied.

:ughh:

If it is who I think it is, they've also been playing Infinite Battle so I think they just bought that, yeah.

Ugh, looking on PSN for that has made me really tempted to just get the drat card...

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If it is who I think it is, they've also been playing Infinite Battle so I think they just bought that, yeah.

Ugh, looking on PSN for that has made me really tempted to just get the drat card...
It is who you think it is, regrettably.

On the flip side, the "unconfirmed leaks" for Z3.1 are starting to trickle out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In related news, play-Asia is "preparing order" and has taken my money!

AradoBalanga posted:

On the flip side, the "unconfirmed leaks" for Z3.1 are starting to trickle out.

Most of them look fake. And not like Hatsune Miku fake, just "someone on 4chan making poo poo up" fake.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 6, 2014

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Z2 Saisei Hen. I'm about halfway through the game, and it feels like I could deploy literally anything and still win without problems. Actually that's how I've been deciding on who to deploy, I sort them by level and deploy whoever have the lowest levels.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about Z2 Saisei Hen. I'm about halfway through the game, and it feels like I could deploy literally anything and still win without problems. Actually that's how I've been deciding on who to deploy, I sort them by level and deploy whoever have the lowest levels.

It's pretty crazy. And you get so much money too. I don't think I've ever played a SRW title where I could fully upgrade so many units as much as this.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

PSN Credit is ordered.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there an exact price for the download version, by the way? I'm seeing pretty conflicting reports.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

Is there an exact price for the download version, by the way? I'm seeing pretty conflicting reports.
What does "very conflicting" mean?

It should be 8715 yen (8070 + 8% sales tax).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Someone said they were seeing it for less than that, but I bet they were misestimating the sales tax since it just changed. Thanks.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Is the sales tax for foreigners too or just locals?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TheManSeries posted:

Is the sales tax for foreigners too or just locals?
How were you planning to avoid it as a foreigner? Email Sony and ask for it to be refunded to you?

edit: or do you mean a physical copy? In which case, I have no idea. Japan's consumption tax law just changed literally five days ago and I dunno the details other than going from 5% to 8%.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

How were you planning to avoid it as a foreigner? Email Sony and ask for it to be refunded to you?

Didn't know if it was just included. I didn't remember paying it on Extreme Vs when I got it digitally, so I just wasn't aware. I'm guessing it's just included in the price that you see on the store page?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Samurai Sanders posted:

This is embarrassing but I just found out Chobham armor is an actual thing and not some anime thing that always happens to be the lowest level of optional armor in SRW games.

Heh, I learned about that stuff the exact same way upon meeting an amateur historian. He commented too about how artists for UC Gundam over the years have distinguished Earth Federation suits from Zeon suits, what with Feddie suits taking on a lot of blocky Chobham-necessitated design cues, and Zeon suits using a lot more rounded edges such as those on cast armor made more iconic by the turrets on Soviet Cold War tanks.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm getting more and more interested to see what the remake of SRW1 is like. Will it have modern features like animation skipping and stuff? Will it be...playable?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Samurai Sanders posted:

Whoa, Full Boost was only 7980.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Daler Mehndi posted:

Honestly, this is a good thing because it lets me get use out of people like Todoh's sidekicks.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Just as an update, I did get my PSN code from Nippon-Yasan right around the 22 hour mark, and it works. When they say within 24 hours, be ready for it to be close to that.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Hokuto posted:

Just as an update, I did get my PSN code from Nippon-Yasan right around the 22 hour mark, and it works. When they say within 24 hours, be ready for it to be close to that.

I got mine in less than 30 minutes so it's completely unpredictable (which is even worse). Just wondering, when did you order it?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I ordered it at 1 AM Sunday morning, got it at 11 PM Sunday night.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Bleh, Play-Asia wont take my debit card. I don't buy things overseas very often - should I contact my bank?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Your bank or CC company should be able to authorize foreign transactions for temporary periods of time if you don't want it permanently enabled.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Hokuto posted:

Your bank or CC company should be able to authorize foreign transactions for temporary periods of time if you don't want it permanently enabled.

Just did that, so I guess I'm nearly good to go. My order is now in a "Security Check" status so I'm assuming that should complete shortly. I ended up ordering the game and a 1000yen card for the DLC. So psyched!

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
When do things usually go up on the Japanese PSN? Will it be around 12pm on the 10th (Japan time), or does it tend to vary?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Nephrite posted:

When do things usually go up on the Japanese PSN? Will it be around 12pm on the 10th (Japan time), or does it tend to vary?
I forget, it's midday sometime.

edit: I still can't understand why these things can't just start automatically at midnight. Do they really need a human to flip the switch that makes the game downloadable?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 7, 2014

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Nephrite posted:

It varies a bit. I've bought things over an hour before noon JP time, and I've gotten on well after Noon JP time and it still hadn't updated.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Do they really need a human to flip the switch that makes the game downloadable?

If poo poo goes wrong, there are people there to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm with Emuticus in the "currently not in budget" box. Prepare to be lived through vicariously for the time being, thread.

• Locked thread