Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Eva continues to be solid gold :allears:

That robot looks suspiciously like Chao's robots from the Festival Arc. Which I guess makes sense, considering she probably brought/designed them from the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

booksnake
May 4, 2009

we who are crowned with the crest of wisdom

Shugojin posted:

has to become a little girl to intimidate people

This sentence. Anime.

And while a logical point in context, it's more fun to look at if she intimidates them by being a complete badass on panel anyway. Wanna see her do some hand-to-hand again.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

This chapter was awesome. It was also a disappointment. The spoilers showed Eva in her real form, but she didn't actually do much in this chapter! The numbers were cool though.

Personally, I like Eva's child form a lot better than her adult form. Her hair looks better, and she's usually wearing those elaborate dresses. I like those, they're cool. :) Also that's the image I associate with her in my head, so that probably has a big influence on my opinion. If you started with UQ Holder you might find 700-Year-Old Loli #42069 kind of a boring design.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

chumbler posted:

Also, Eva, please stop turning into a little girl. It's creepy and your adult version is cooler.

I figured that was because Nagumo met her as her younger version

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

The Fresh Prince posted:

I figured that was because Nagumo met her as her younger version

Yeah, as I recall from Negima she seemed to always use her adult disguise until Nagi sealed her powers. In this case she just wanted to be recognized.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter out at Crunchyroll.

Eva is just sitting there, bored and watching. Now all she needs is a cup of tea! :allears:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Welp

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I wonder how long it would take Karin to get back from the moon under her own power? She won't have to, but I'm sure she is capable of doing so.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Serious Frolicking posted:

I wonder how long it would take Karin to get back from the moon under her own power? She won't have to, but I'm sure she is capable of doing so.

I watched a documentary on this last night called Lockout, starring Guy Pearce. About 5 minutes.

Yggdrasil325
Jul 24, 2011

The guy in the last panel... is that who I think it is?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Yggdrasil325 posted:

The guy in the last panel... is that who I think it is?

It looks like Fate, yes. But remember, he might not be the only surviving Averruncus. I think Eva stuck most of them into some sort of eternal ice?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It looks like Fate, yes. But remember, he might not be the only surviving Averruncus. I think Eva stuck most of them into some sort of eternal ice?

I don't recall too many others really looking like him. I vaguely recall one more adult looking one who was similar and the girl one. Seriously looking forward to some Fate, though. I hope he ended up with Sakurako :3:.

Though it could just as well be some random dude. Jinbei looks Nagi-ish but is clearly not Nagi, after all.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

It wouldn't be easy, even for her. Lunar escape velocity is 2.38 km/s, and the moon's orbital velocity is about 1.02 km/s, so she'd need to somehow jump off in the right direction at 3.4 km/s, which is around ten times as fast as a rifle bullet. Then, assuming she got it exact, she'd just fall back to Earth over a period of probably several days.

Or magic, of course.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

New chapter out

Karin status: Still chillin' on the moon. Which apparently has cell phone reception.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I'm shocked at how good this is.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012
If smashing up a few buildings costs 20 million yen, I can't even begin to imagine how badly Eva would get charged for freezing the entire town solid. I guess there's some advantages to being the boss.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Myriad Truths posted:

If smashing up a few buildings costs 20 million yen, I can't even begin to imagine how badly Eva would get charged for freezing the entire town solid. I guess there's some advantages to being the boss.

Well she was only hitting the areas that were already on fire, so the damage was already done and therefore not her fault.

Touta being a total mother-con is going to make life decisions even more difficult for poor Kuroumaru.

vvvv Karin is the best period.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 6, 2014

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The panel with Karin on the moon is just the best! :allears:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Silento posted:

Poor girl. Hope she's not too bored in the inky blackness of space.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

HellCopter posted:

Poor girl. Hope she's not too bored in the inky blackness of space.

She's got her cell phone, she's probably playing Candy Crush. :downs:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Robviously posted:

But what if she forgot to charge the battery the night before? :ohdear:

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

If anime has taught me anything, in the future it will be called Candy Crush Xtreme. :v:

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Silento posted:

If anime has taught me anything, in the future it will be called Candy Crush Xtreme. :v:

Doki Doki Candy :v:

The Evil Thing
Jul 3, 2010
Two million yen, eh? I guess there's no inflation in the future. :v:

I wonder if it's going to be a running theme, with Touta accruing more and more debt to cover all the damage he causes during fights. Kenjiro Hata will write the sequel.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Robviously posted:

She seems more like the Cwazy Cupcakes type to me.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The Evil Thing posted:

Two million yen, eh? I guess there's no inflation in the future. :v:

I wonder if it's going to be a running theme, with Touta accruing more and more debt to cover all the damage he causes during fights. Kenjiro Hata will write the sequel.

UQ Holder Z2: Earth Chapter

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Silento posted:

I hope she brings Megaman back with her :shobon: ...

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Brought To You By posted:

I hope she brings Megaman back with her :shobon: ...

Yeah, like Capcom would let her.

loving Capcom...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

New chapter's out.

I guess we know how she got so rich.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I guess we know how she got so rich.

If she can farm, Touta can do some grinding.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Suddenly, a The Gamer crossover!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Part of me is disappointed that we probably won't see how Karin gets back from the moon beyond maybe a one sentence explanation, but on the other hand "Oh I just walked to the spaceport on the moon/jumped back to the space elevator" with no drama at all is entirely consistent with the series and her character.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Ah cool, she's the Save Point Immortal that Eva was talking about.

Presumably she's using Dragon Quest Rules where she looses a bit of cash when she dies (and whatever she had prior to time of poke is enough to make a profit)

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Apr 16, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If she can freely load from her save points, it is obvious how she got so rich. She has to do a little ritual, so it is very much save points rather than save states. It seems much better suited to finance than fighting.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

If she can freely load from her save points, it is obvious how she got so rich. She has to do a little ritual, so it is very much save points rather than save states. It seems much better suited to finance than fighting.

I dunno. It depends on how her immortality looks like to everyone else. Like if she tried to kick someone, could she reload until she got the kick in and if so does the target see one hit or an oraoraora like situation?

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Depends. If it just saves her state and not the world state (i.e. she gets restored at the save point, but time doesn't get turned back), that's just backing herself up. However, if she can save the world state, she can time travel, yes. And it would explain her wealth. Plus it's not like we haven't seen time travel in the prequel (Negima) before.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

New chapter is out on Crunchyroll.

To be honest, I was pretty worried Kirie was going to be a bog-standard tsundere. It seems like there might be more to it than that, though? Hmm. In any case, the robot guy seems interesting. Maybe he had his soul magically transplanted, or maybe he had his mind uploaded or something... I dunno.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~
Both of those two immortals seem interesting. Also, looks like we got the answer on how her save-point immortality works. Now the only question is if she can reload her save without dying or not.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Both of those two immortals seem interesting. Also, looks like we got the answer on how her save-point immortality works. Now the only question is if she can reload her save without dying or not.

The implication seems to be that she already has died and reloaded a bunch of times this chapter, hence her statements and the broken sentence. Her being pissed off all the time makes sense too, because I'd be pretty annoyed too if I died 20 times an hour and had to save scum my way through life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, definitely some AYNIK stuff going on. Not that AYNIK is the first to feature such a mechanic...but in any case, this may be my favorite kind of immortality, story-wise.

• Locked thread