Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

It doesn't need to be funny, because it will probably just piss them off
Say full edge rating right? so max 7 for humans?

Eat a bullet in the backside: 13d6t5 7

Or 2 edge, which I possess in points currently?* This will be amusing

6 reaction 2 edge: 7d6t5 1

EDIT:

Yeah, apologies, working through a screen of turbotax on a 2004 laptop with no rulebook. Is there a point on the guardhouse that isn't technically being suppressed? The side or somewhere my run action can still reach?

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

So basically your choice here is take a free action interrupt to go prone or get shot by BIGASSMOTH's AK weapon for base damage+any modifiers. So if he's shooting APDS it wouldn't lose its effect just because you are suppressing. Oh and anyone in the suppressive fire zone or right next to it takes a dice pool penalty to all actions equal to the shooters hits so -6 in this case. Unless they somehow are completely unaware of it. Magician using astral projection is cited as an example around pg. 179 of core. Alternatively you could just not be a dumb and RUN AROUND his kill zone and use the actual gate for cover/side of the gate. Or just hang back and fire from a distance, whatever you wanna do.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 6, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
For what it's worth, the gate is chain-link, so ducking around/behind it isn't an option.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
The point of the suppressive fire is to not suppress our team but to make the enemy mobs lose initiative; don't go in that area until the end of this combat turn.

Also I know it's nitpicky but can everyone please remember to post their character's name in each post? Sorry it gets confusing with such a large team.

Karl Bradford

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Okay, yes, I am back with my computer and rulebook and realizations of the dumb thing I did. I apologize and should have consulted about the thing I never encountered before making a hasty decision. For simplicity's sake and to keep things moving, I will take -5 to my initiative and use

Dess
Interrupt Action: Hit the Dirt
24-5=19

Or, if there's a reason I cannot, I will eat the 10P damage and continue with 1 box left on my physical damage track as a harsh lesson on being hasty.

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Can I see any of the gate guards to make a shot? What's my range to the roaming guard and can I approach the opening in the fence without passing through the suppressed area?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

As the suppressing fire starts up, you put a bullet into the only guard still standing before jogging toward the guard house. The bullet hits him, hard, in the chest, and he falls onto his rear end from shot shot and stops moving.

Too late, though, you realize your path's headed straight for the middle of poo poo. You dive prone at the very edge of the gunfire, kicking up sand as the bullets fly over your head and eat at the guard house just meters away. You're less than three meters from closest guard, also in the sand, and maybe five from the guard house.

This is how I'm going to resolve this: You take your shot and then jog over to the guard house, but realize too late it's under fire, so you spend an interrupt move to Drop Prone. You still technically have one Simple Move left, but I'm going to skip it to keep things moving.

You enter the host, and are met with a cramped room with four cubicle-like structures, each with a guard's icon that's interacting with open files: watching the security cameras. You also see some patrol ice, Algerian poo poo, sweeping across the modest host and looking over icons from time to time. None of them seem particularly interested in you, however. There are also a few rooms off the main one, likely housing the generator and the host's hardware and the like.

The AK rattles off a few bullets at the now-prone guard, and he's almost helpless to move out of the way between Karl's suppressing fire over his head and your own sharp burst. Even so, the bullets plink off of his armor and it looks like there will be bruising but no blood. Either way, it looks like the guard's out cold.

You can try to shoot the guard shack guard through the wall, or fire at the guards in the NE tower (which is 200m away), or try to fire 'around' Franz.

Roll the resists separately.

You sprint toward the large, concrete structure on the north side of the facility as the bullets start flying, and duck behind it out of sight of any would-be assailants.

You should've rolled your initiative at VR initiative if you're jumped into the drone.

The Uzi erupts with another loud burst of fire, hurling more explosive rounds at the guard. The caps burst against the guard's armor, and he moves a little slower after that, as if dazed or bruised from the concussive force of the bullets.

Charge the gate!: 7d6t5 3
I'm going to use (Str+3)P as the damage, since you've got Titanium lacing, and since you're probably 'punching' it, I am going to use your arms' strength for the damage calculation. Needless to say, the gate sucked and died.

You charge full-speed at the gate, your outstretched, mechanical hands exerting the supernatural force behind them, simply tearing the links apart. There's a hole, maybe two meters across, left in the fence as you throw yourself through it, and you're inside, sprinting through helicopters.

You watch as Matches rushes the fence, ripping it in two in a feat of strength, and you follow him into the rows of reporters' helicopters.

In which the guards rolled superbly.

You hear shouts and see shadows moving around in the main guard outpost: whatever was going to happen, people were waking up for it. Then a huge klaxxon rings out over the base, and red emergency lights start flashing inside and outside of each building. One thing was clear: there was more heat on its way. The initial surprise attack done, the guards still alive and alert start to react to the sudden attack: one rounds the edge of the main structure, an FN in his hand, and opens fire on Franz from 10 meters away.

Franz, roll against an attack of 2. If you fail, take 10P/-2 AP.

One of the guards in the northeast tower raises his own rifle and fires a long burst at the floating Kestrel.

Birch, roll against an attack of 5 at -5 DP because it's a Long Burst. If you fail, take 10P/-2 AP.

The other guard pulls his Remington up to bear, and fires a round at Karl, who is the easiest to pick out thanks to the repeated bursts from his own rifle. The shot rings out, hurling at Karl.

Karl, roll against an attack of 6. If you fail, take 12P/-4 AP.

The last gate guard, ducked in the concrete of the small guard house, shoves her own rifle above the window ledge and fires blindly at her assailants.

Dess, roll against an attack of 5. Since you're prone within 20 feet and it's automatic fire, you take -7 DP. If you fail, take 10P/-2 AP.

I can try to get a map up in a few hours if it would help, but right now there are two guards in the NE tower, one at the NW corner of the large building, and one huddled down in the guard shack. There are probably a lot more in the guard outpost.

Karl 18
Mr White 14
Dess 14
Nina 13
Darius 13
Franz 9
Roaming Guard 7
Birch 7
NE Tower Guard 1 5 (4 Stun Damage)
NE Tower Guard 2 5
Matches 3
Bell 3
Gate guard 1 1
Gate Guard 3 Out Cold
Gate guard 2 Out Cold
SW Tower Guard 2 Dead
SW Tower Guard 1 Dead

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 7, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

QuantumNinja posted:

Karl, roll against an attack of 6. If you fail, take 12P/-4 AP.

Defense roll vs. 6 successes: 16d6t5 9
Reaction 8 + Intuition 5 +Combat Sense 3

Karl saw it coming and rolled out of the way, adjusting his sights to the new threat.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
¥: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Edge: 3/4
Intiative: 24 14

Quickly switching his scope to the north east guard tower, White spies one of the guardsman with a snipers rifle shooting down at the group as they've started their assault. Not wasting time trying to line up the headshot, he quickly sights on center mass and takes the shot.

Simple action to aim, simple action to shoot. Doing a regular shot to ensure I hit the target now they are aware. I'm shooting the guy with the remington in the other tower.

Shot: Sniper Rifle (Regular Shot) 20d6t5: 6
Mode: Semi Auto
Accuracy Limit: 8
Potential DV: 18
AP: -6
Next Shot Recoil Mod: N/A (Recoil will never be a factor so long as I aim before hand.)
Enemy Defense Modifiers: N/A

Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.

Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 8
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    —2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         0–50/51–350/351–800/801–1,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  7/10 (c)         0–50/51–350/351–800/801–1,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.

Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 9, 2014

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Dess
Nuyen: 13000 TV Rating: 7.5 Armor: 13 Ammo: 36/38 RC: 0/3 Condition: 8/11P|0/10S

Physical Impossibility 6+3+1-7: 3d6t5 0

Attacker net hits 5, damage 15 > 11 Armor, Damage is physical. 11 Armor + 5 Body = 16DP

Resist Damage: 16d6t5 4

-1 edge point: Second chance - Re-roll all dice that did not score a hit
Usually only for test rolls. Your call.

Second Chances: 12d6t5 7

Brings it down to 8P. -2 to all rolls.
Mentor Spirit: Shark - Charisma + Willpower[3] to avoid berserk rage

Not very Charismatic -2: 4d6t5 0

3 rounds of berserker rage, followed by death.

Dess takes a breaking spray of high velocity lead directly through her back, tossing blood to the sand.

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 7, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
There's a new initiative pass now, by the way. If you have actions, post 'em. I edited the last post (with the initiative block) to reflect that.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Karl Bradford
Intiative 18

Simple Action: Take Aim (+1 die)
Simple Action: Long Burst at Northeast Guard Tower (2 enemies in area)
Simple Action Long Burst: 14d6t5 3

Enemies in area receive a -5 die modifier.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Birch
Rating: 7.5

Seeing the oncoming hail of bullets, Birch took the Kestrel into evasive maneuvers. Few pilots could say they were as good as Birch, but there was only so much you could do with a secondhand, obsolete drone at pointblank range.
Ninja-drone (failure): 12d6t5 4

In the end only one bullet hit him. And it was really all it took. Birch could feel chunks of his flesh being blown apart, his eyes put out, and his organs being mulched as the bullet tore through him, casting him back into his own body against his will.

Exploding Kestrel: 3d6t5 2

So much of his concentration had been devoted to trying to save his worthless drone that he was completely unprepared for the surge of feedback that accompanied the drone's destruction.

MY BRAINISBURNINGOHGOD: 8d6t5 0
Getting Dumped: 8d6t5 3
I take 7 stun damage, out of 9 boxes. Ouch.

A kaleidoscopic array of lights and random sound accompanied his return to reality. His ears were ringing, and he could feel scalding heat coming off of the coils in the back of his head. He'd be lucky if he got out of this without brain damage.

loving Kestrels.

He lurched to his feet and stumbled straight back down again, head swimming. Birch tried to think what he was supposed to be doing now. Where was his AK? There it was. Ok.

Ugh.

He grabbed what remained of his gear and headed for the perimeter, trying to lay low and find cover.

Schizotek fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Apr 7, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 9030 TV Rating: 8 Armor: 9 Ammo: 35/38 RC: 2/5 Condition: 0/11P|0/11S

Darius cursed as he saw the shots rip through Dess. No time to rush to her aid while that shooter was still in play though. He changed course and charged into the gatehouse to subdue the remaining conscious guard.

7 agi + 6 unarmed + 2 charging I believe, +2 for superior position and +1 if he's prone, I'll assume neither of those are true though and you can roll the extra dice if they are.

Subduing Gate Guard 1: 15d6t5 3

I'm also assuming I'm going to act before instead of after Dess due to her shiny new wound modifiers.

Also Karl you can copy this into your posts to link back to your character sheet for quantumninja:
Karl

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Apr 7, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Bigass Moth posted:

Karl Bradford
Intiative 18

Simple Action: Take Aim (+1 die)
Simple Action: Long Burst at Northeast Guard Tower (2 enemies in area)
Simple Action Long Burst: 14d6t5 3

Enemies in area receive a -5 die modifier.

You're dumb and it doesn't work that way. Pick a target. It won't affect both guys unless you suppress them and thats different.

edit: reread around pg. 179 and reread the combat section.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 7, 2014

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Dess
Nuyen: 13000 TV Rating: 7.5 Armor: 13 Ammo: 36/38 RC: 0/3 Condition: 8/11P|0/10S

The pain was... less than negligible. The situation was less than ideal. And that constant, grating, aching, drek farming swimmer was back, cutting a line through the dirt, drawing her in. There were likely a few options available. More than the obvious, but the wake was shifting through sands, the path was clear, and that bitch was calling to her. She was easy enough to see, floating, covered in blood as she was, mocking from the gatehouse. Standing now, Dess belted off an unfocused single shot, dripping blood as she hopped the broken window into the gate house.

Walk
Free Action: Activate Killing Hands
Simple Action: Stand up
Simple Action: Fire SA 11+6-2: 15d6t5 6

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

CisMaleTheSensitiv posted:

You're dumb and it doesn't work that way. Pick a target. It won't affect both guys unless you suppress them and thats different.

edit: reread around pg. 179 and reread the combat section.

Have it fire at either one, it doesn't matter.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Cool, I shoot the sniper if he's not down after Bigassmoth's turn, otherwise I shoot the other guy in the same tower. :toot:

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Karl is at -17 DP for recoil, and another -3 for the range to the NE guard tower. You sure you want to try to take that shot, Bigass Moth? You are guaranteed to hit nothing.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

QuantumNinja posted:

Karl is at -17 DP for recoil, and another -3 for the range to the NE guard tower. You sure you want to try to take that shot, Bigass Moth? You are guaranteed to hit nothing.

Uh what? I took a suppressive fire complex action, then a non-firing action (take aim; resets recoil) before my next burst. Check pg. 179, suppressive fire doesn't have recoil anyway.

I have 3 natural recoil comp and I assume the AK has 0 so at most I should have a 3 recoil penalty from firing 6 bullets. The -3 die from distance shouldn't matter too much based on the roll I already made, but I will roll again if you want, just let me know the number of die I need to use.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Suppressive fire has recoil, because recoil is cumulative. It just doesn't apply to the suppressive fire roll. However, someone on IRC pointed out that the errata eases up the recoil rules such that that any simple action (like Take Aim) is enough to reset it. Even so, you're at 1 +3 - 10 recoil penalty, for a total -6 for your Long Fire burst. But Long Burst is a complex action, which you can't do after Take Aim. I'm going to assume you meant a Full Auto attack as a simple action, which is only 6 bullets, leaving you at -2 recoil penalty. And then the -3 for the range still applies, but Take Aim helps with its +1DP. By my math, that's 11 DP (6 Automatics + 1 Reflex Recorders + 2 Specialization + 1 Take Aim + 6 Agility - 2 Recoil - 3 Range). Using my previously-stated truncating rule, that's two hits on your attack, and the defender takes -5.

I'll make a full post in like two hours resolving this attack and the other posts made so far.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Long Burst is a Simple Action from a weapon with FA mode (page 180). The wording is poor, a Long Burst itself is a Complex Action but you can do the exact same thing (6 bullets, -5 dodge) with a Full Auto simple action. I guess I should have said Full Auto 6-shot Simple Action, chalk that one up to bad editing.

ViscerusIgnea
Mar 21, 2014
Franz Talhoffer
Assets: 4500¥
Rating: 9

Defense:12d6t5: 5

Franz ducks to the side, rolling himself past the spray of bullets from the guard. With one arm, he tosses a grenade over the fence, towards the guard post, and with the other, he puts a spurt of lead into the guard, trilling and whooping the entire time, and in gneneral making himself incedibly hard to miss.

Free action: Multiple attacks
Simple Action: Throw HE Grenade at Guard outpost door
Simple Action: Burst Fire at guard who is firing on me

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You slip out of the way of the shot, and then bring the AK up to your shoulder. Taking aim, you let a long burst out toward the guard who just destroyed the Kestral. The gun erupts with automatic fire, and hits the guard squarly in his chest. He seems mostly unfazed, however, as the rounds plink off his trauma plate and embed themselves in the concrete of the watchtower.

You watch in your scope as Karl's bullets hit the guard, throwing bits of the jacket around the guard post, but you're preoccupied lining up your shot on the man with the Remington. The SVD barks again, kicking up more sand and echoing across the empty desert. The armored guard twists out of the way, however, and the bullet punches a hole clean through his shoulder pad without drawing blood. It was a grazing hit, and it didn't look like it did much damage as he pulls the Remington back up to his eye.

As Dess takes automatic fire to her chest, you run toward the guard shack, and soon enough you're over the shattered window frame and inside. You go for the guard, and grab her by her collar, pulling her to hte floor with you behind cover. As you two grapple, a shot rings out and digs through the wall of the guard shack. Then Dess comes over the wasit-high window frame, eyes full of hate.

Roll against Dess' 2 attack. Take +4 since you're behind cover, but -3 since you're in melee. The damage is 9P / -2 since it went through the barrier.

The bullets rip through your torso, and you can feel your own magic holding your life in as you cough up blood onto the desert sands. Another shot like that would be your life, but at the moment it didn't matter. The mocking, swimming shark form seized your attention, screaming to kill. You sent a round at the guard ducked behind cover, ignoring the result as you sprint toward her hiding location.

Since the guard is behind full cover, you take -6 for 'blind firing' (see p. 197). Unfortunately, truncating hurts you here, down to 3 hits. Also, you take -2 for firing at someone in melee, dropping you down to two hits.

The shot goes wide, flying through the concrete wall to where Darius and the guard are wrestling. Next, you're over the waist-high barrier, standing in the tiny shack with Darius and the panicked guard, who are on the ground fighting.

You chuck the grenade smoothly as you can, firing the AK in your other hand as you do. The grenade detonates against the door, and part of the wall collapses in on itself, creating a pile of rubble where the entrance used to be. There's maybe a one-meter hole in the wall, but meters of rubble around it---anyone trying to get out will have to make the hole larger first. The AK hits it mark as well, the rounds digging into the guard's shoulder, but seem to do little to slow the armed man down.

Can you include the roll result in your links? Orokos has a friendly bbcode option that makes that really easy.

The Kestrel eats the bullets, the drone coming apart with a small eletronic whine as it falls out of the air. There wasn't much to do for it, really, the crappy old drone. You get kicked out of the drone, your head buzzing and burning from the sudden dumpshock, and start heading for the base on foot. As you get closer, your eyes start to adjust to the darkness, to the world through your body's eyes.

Why didd it have to be a Kestrel?

The tower guard with the Remington scans the darkness, taking aim with the oversized rifle and sending a shot at the Berber rebel who just threw a grenade at the guard outpost.

Franz, roll against an attack of 5. If you fail, take 12P / -4 AP (plus whatever you miss by) from the sniper fire.

The man next to him turns his FN from the destroyed Kestrel and returns fire at the Berber who had shot at him.

Karl, roll against an attack of 4 at -2 DP from the burst fire. If you fail, take 10P at -2 AP (plus whatever you miss by) from the fire.

Karl 18
Mr White 14
Nina 13
Darius 13
Dess 14 => 12
Franz 9
Roaming Guard 7
Birch 7
NE Tower Guard 2 5 (1 Defense)
NE Tower Guard 1 4 (2 Defenses, 6 Stun Damage)
Matches 3
Bell 3
Gate guard 1 1 (1 Defense, 2 Stun Damage)
Gate Guard 3 Out Cold
Gate guard 2 Out Cold
SW Tower Guard 2 Dead
SW Tower Guard 1 Dead

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 7, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5

Nina didn't go out of her way to deal with the security for the moment, noticing the files and looking for a central location to focus her efforts. Either the generator to turn everything off while she messes with the files or going directly to the source and fixing things without alarming anyone. Either way, the whole thing will get complicated without knowing what's going on.

She made a few minor adjustments to what she was running, trying to get a bit ahead of the game if things were about to go sour.

Config:
-Sleaze 6, Attack 5, Firewall 5, Data Processing 3
Programs: Exploit, Sneak, Virtual Machine, Baby Monitor and Agent 5
Complex Action: Matrix Perception
Agent, Complex Action: Matrix Perception
Nina's Perception (5 + 5 + 2): Matrix Perception: 12d6t5 2
Agent's Perception (5 + 5): Matrix Perception - Agent: 10d6t5 5

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 7, 2014

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...

QuantumNinja posted:

Karl, roll against an attack of 4 at -2 DP from the burst fire. If you fail, take 10P at -2 AP (plus whatever you miss by) from the fire.

Mr White 14
Nina 13
Darius 13
Dess 14 => 12
Franz 9
Roaming Guard 7
Birch 7
NE Tower Guard 2 5 (1 Defense)
NE Tower Guard 1 4 (2 Defenses, 6 Stun Damage)
Matches 3
Bell 3
Gate guard 1 1 (1 Defense, 2 Stun Damage)
Gate Guard 3 Out Cold
Gate guard 2 Out Cold
SW Tower Guard 2 Dead
SW Tower Guard 1 Dead
Defense roll (Reaction 8 + Intuition 5 + Combat Sense 3 -2)
Defense roll vs. 4, -2 die: 14d6t5 5

Don't I still have a 3rd pass? I'm not listed above. Believe I should be at 8.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Matches
Nuyen: 280 TV Rating: 7 Cigars: 23

"The fuckin smoothies always make fun of us for being brutes, even relatively agile motherfucker like myself. But sometimes, being a brute aint so bad." Is what goes through Matches' mind as he rips through the fence.

To the team ::Bell and I are in premiter, keep those fucks busy while we set the charges, I'll get an eta on blowing the fist set as soon as I set um.::

To Bell ::Remember I can't loving see you, keep calling your location and stay the gently caress out'a my 180 in case I gotta open up with this loving shitgun::

Map in progress!

AmyL
Aug 8, 2013

Black Thursday was a disaster, plain and simple.
We lost too many good people, too many planes.
We can't let that kind of tragedy happen again.
Bell 'Casustic Bell' Underhilde

[I got it, I got it, working the NW section and making my way down. I'm doing my job so do yours ok?]

Ok, short and sweet, I'm should be able to run over to the NW side where the helicopers are at and start putting explosives. Do I roll a normal skill roll involving Demolitions or do I need to take a penalty?

Speaking of which, rolling Demolitions

Demo 4 + Logic 4: 8d6t5:2
Using Second change to reroll my failures
6d6t5: 3
Bad Luck 1d6: 6 No Effect!
5 Hits total!

AmyL fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 7, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 9030 TV Rating: 8 Armor: 9 Ammo: 35/38 RC: 5/5 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S

Once upon a time his team had been tasked with a paracritter that had brutally dismembered some rich kid's private party out in the woods. Turned out it wasn't a paracritter. Shaman of the shark variety. He didn't know why anyone would be crazy enough to let the shark hitch a ride but there wasn't always a choice he conceded. These were the thoughts that went through his head along with a few dozen curses as the shot came through the wall at the guard and himself.

Dodging Dess's Friendly Fire: 14d6t5 5

He quickly dodges away and resolves to put a bit more distance between himself and the shark adept in the future. That is if there was a future.

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Apr 8, 2014

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Map!

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

You find an icon that looks like it's the generator--difficult to say, given the situation, but it's your best guess. Then your agent scans after you, and it marks a few other targets that might be a good time: the four service jeeps parked outside, a whole arsenal of wireless grenades in the guard outpost, and the emergency fire system installed in the facility.

Your current Overwatch is 4.

You dodge the bullet, just barely, as it flies inches from your head and into the next wall, maybe burying itself into the sand out there. It's difficult to say, though, and there are certainly other things capturing your attention.

The gate guard starts shouting, realizing exactly how close to dead she is. The accent is thick, but it's clear what she's saying, in Arabic. "gently caress, stop, stop, I give up! gently caress! STOP!"

Even without knowing the language, it's clear to Darius what she's begging for.

You run among the helicopters, trying to coordinate what's quickly become a serious firefight long enough to get the charges planted. Bell shoves one onto a helicopter, setting a timer for 15 minutes and continuing on her way while Matches heads east, trying to put enough distance between them to make the work fast.

Initiative
Karl 8
Mr White 4
Nina 3
Darius 3
Dess 3

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Apr 9, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Mr. White/Tony
¥: 8380 TV Rating: 8.5
Edge: 3/4
Intiative: 24 14 4

[Sniper in the NE tower is still up. Someone suppress that poo poo!] White comms to the group as he aims for another followup shot to try to put the sniper down again.

Repeat of last turn: Simple action to aim, simple action to shoot. Doing a regular shot to ensure I hit the target now they are aware. I'm shooting the guy with the remington in the other tower.

Shot: Sniper Rifle (Regular Shot) 20d6t5: 10 (Limited to 8 due to accuracy)
Mode: Semi Auto
Accuracy Limit: 8
Potential DV: 20
AP: -6
Next Shot Recoil Mod: N/A (Recoil will never be a factor so long as I aim before hand.)
Enemy Defense Modifiers: N/A

Combat Block Jazzed Up

pre:
Initiative: 11+3d6 Armor: 15 (Chameleon Suit/Orthoskin Rating 4) THERMDAMP Rating 5/NONCON Rating 4
SILENT RUNNING: ACTIVE
PANSLAV ACTIVE: DRAGUNOV SVD/CHAMSUIT/SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0/SMARTLINK
THANK YOU FOR USING TRANSYS FOR ALL YOUR COMMUNICATION NEEDS.
Audio Mods: SPAREQ/SSF 2.0/AUDENH 2.0
Other Notes: +1 Physical Limit
Duration of Jazz: 50 minutes
Side Effects: User will suffer the effects of disorientation (p. 409) for a duration equal to the duration of initial effect.

Note: Asterik denotes currently loaded ammo type
Unarmed Combat/Cyber Implant Combat:
Limit: 8
Damage: 10P/13P (-2 AP) with Spurs
Reach: N/A
Dice Pool: 14/16 with Spurs

Ranged Weapons:
Weapon       Acc    DP Damage AP   Modes  RC  Ammo       Range S/M/L/E (+0/-1/-3/-6)
Dragunov SVD 6(8) 18/20 12P    —2  SA (4/6)  N/A   (c)         0–50/51–350/351–800/801–1,500
APDS*                   12P    -6  SA (4/6)  6/10 (c)         0–50/51–350/351–800/801–1,500
Note: External Smartgun equipped with Vision Magnification, Bipod undermount.

Physical Damage: 12	Stun Damage: 10     Overflow: 4

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Apr 9, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Darius
Nuyen: 9030 TV Rating: 8 Armor: 9 Ammo: 35/38 RC: 5/5 Condition: 0/11P 0/11S

Why was the guard speaking English? Had they given themselves away somehow? It could just be a coincidence, but what if it wasn't... Darius grimaced and began to choke her out.

Complex Action: Maintain submission and deal stun damage equal to strength

Guard rolls body and armor to resist 12S damage (p195)

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Nina Walker
TV Ratings: 7.5

Nina finds her way over towards the wireless grenades, trying to get some sort of authority over a few of them before they get too far apart. Ideally, setting them off now should be a great distraction for the group.

Config:
-Sleaze 6, Attack 5, Firewall 5, Data Processing 3
Programs: Exploit, Sneak, Virtual Machine, Baby Monitor and Agent 5
Complex Action: Hack on the Fly
Agent, Complex Action: Hack on the Fly
Nina's Hack (8 + 6 + 2): Hack on the Fly: 16d6t5 5
Agent's Hack (5 + 5): Hack on the Fly - Agent: 10d6t5 3

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

he knows...
Karl Bradford
Rating 7
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3616949&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post427111195

Most of the opposition wiped out, Karl decides to take cover in case of reinforcements. He can only dodge for so long.

Free Action: Running
Simple Action: Take Cover (southwest corner behind a helicopter)
Simple Action: Full Auto 6-shot burst at NE guard tower's surviving guard (there should only be one left, right?)

Agility 6 + Automatics 7(9) - 2 running penalty
Simple Action Full Auto 6-shot burst: 13d6t5 5

I forgot to adjust for -3 Range, if it's ok just remove one hit, otherwise I can roll again. Could they have made the combat section of the book harder to navigate???

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Both guards are up however there will be one down come my turn unless he rolls insanely well. Last time I did no damage at all it was a grazing hit.

SevenSocks
Apr 25, 2012

Dess
Nuyen: 13000 TV Rating: 7.5 Armor: 13 Ammo: 37/38 RC: 0/3 Condition: 8/11P|0/10S

The guard's yelling is long lost to Dess, muffled under the torrential cloud of astral blood surrounding her, begging for a frenzy as she'd boot the wolfman adept aside, taking the guard's arm and skull as leverage before hoisting her from the ground, tossing any helmet aside and swinging her face into the broken windowsill.

- Wound Modifiers + Prone Opponent + Friends in Melee
Complex Action: Melee 6+7+2-2+1+1: 15d6t5 5

E: Melee base damage is 6P (5 strength + critical strike)

SevenSocks fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 8, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
If it's possible Darius is going to go ahead and let dess take the guard off his hands.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

f5ing furiously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

Birch
Rating: 7.5

Birch continues making his way to the bases perimeter. It seemed the hacker had found some service jeeps, and if he could get to them he might be of some use, but he wasn't in much shape for hard fighting. He wouldnt be able to hit the broad side of a barn with his head still buzzing.

i'd like to know where me and the jeeps are at this point.

• Locked thread