Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Non Serviam posted:

Chile has never had any sort of military conflict with England.

There is still time :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Jonathan Yeah! posted:

The white/ lighter colour shows the countries Britain hasn't had a war with, at some point.

Utter tosh, we fought Sweden in The Great Northern War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Great_Britain

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Non Serviam posted:

Chile has never had any sort of military conflict with England. I don't know where you got this map. :/

Technically they did when Chile was under Spanish rule and the Brits aided the pro-independence forces against the royalists. :eng101:

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently there wasn't an actual flag in the room during the national anthem so they saluted his pants instead.

"You think somebody wants a roundhouse kick to the face wearing one of these bad boys? Forget about it!"

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Technically they did when Chile was under Spanish rule and the Brits aided the pro-independence forces against the royalists. :eng101:

Yes, I also checked the Wikipedia article.
But not only was it not a war, but also was not Chile, but Spain (just like pre-1776 US is not really the US)

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

freelop posted:

I think that map is supposed to be countries invaded by Great Britain.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
There was a Letter to the Editor in my local newspaper today about how "offensive" the ad campaign is for a new Family Guy-themed scratch-off lotto ticket (yeah...those exist...let that sink in for a bit...and apparently it's offensive because it uses the word 'freakin', which is a synonym for 'loving' so therefore it's exactly the same as if they used the word 'loving'.)

But the picture accompaning it is...uhh...

It's like the Universe B version of the family.

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Oh hey, geekculture.com! Haven't read you in a while :)

Considering the kind of realism Playmobil usually goes for, I can sort of imagine this set actually existing if it had more banal packaging. This one is pretty close (the part before everything starts caving in):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/281207293432?lpid=82

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

DrBouvenstein posted:

...and apparently it's offensive because it uses the word 'freakin', which is a synonym for 'loving' so therefore it's exactly the same as if they used the word 'loving'.)

That last bit actually makes sense.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

DrBouvenstein posted:

...and apparently it's offensive because it uses the word 'freakin', which is a synonym for 'loving' so therefore it's exactly the same as if they used the word 'loving'.)
Actually FreaKin are people who think they are a Nordic goddess, nothing to do with loving.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Forgall posted:

Actually FreaKin are people who think they are a Nordic goddess, nothing to do with loving.

You're thinking of "Friggin."

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

freelop posted:

Also not sure how you could consider them to have been at war with Kazakhstan without also being at war with Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. And probably Belarus too for that matter.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

stubblyhead posted:

Also not sure how you could consider them to have been at war with Kazakhstan without also being at war with Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan. And probably Belarus too for that matter.

I thought at first it was counting all those nations under the Crimean War since they were part of the Russian Empire, but then Kazakhstan and Belarus would be in red.

Also I don't think Britain invaded Poland unless you count either that time Poland helped some Danish king invade during viking times, or again Britain invading nations that at the time owned at least parts of Poland.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
This is the worst loving page. You are all terrible.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Here's my map where I use extremely liberal definitions of various concepts to prove that Liechtenstein has been at war with everyone.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

DrBouvenstein posted:

There was a Letter to the Editor in my local newspaper today about how "offensive" the ad campaign is for a new Family Guy-themed scratch-off lotto ticket (yeah...those exist...let that sink in for a bit...and apparently it's offensive because it uses the word 'freakin', which is a synonym for 'loving' so therefore it's exactly the same as if they used the word 'loving'.)

As someone not super familiar with the show: what's wrong with the picture?

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

not not luvd posted:

This is the worst loving page. You are all terrible.

I was going to quip that as a big and tall man I've never been clothed by somethingawful.com, but then I remembered I got one of those awfulmart sweatshirts back in the day.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Alien Arcana posted:

Everybody but Peter is colored incorrectly.

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
It also just looks a little like off-model illustration. Like how you go back and watch the first season of a show after it's been airing for five. Everything just looks weird and shoddy.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Also Meg's got a mono-boob.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

DavidAlltheTime posted:

Also Meg's got a mono-boob.

And Chris doesn't wear cutoff jeans.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

BANME.sh posted:

It also just looks a little like off-model illustration. Like how you go back and watch the first season of a show after it's been airing for five. Everything just looks weird and shoddy.

I can't even watch the first couple seasons of The Simpsons. It's terrible.

Same goes for South Park, even.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Alien Arcana posted:

It looks like it is missing the red layer.

Lois, the blonde wife should have orange hair, Meg, the daughter next to the dog usually wears a shade of pink.

Edit: Beaten by a lot

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oh, really? I wouldn't know, as I, never watch TV. :smug::smug::smug:

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's their designs from the pilot.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Alien Arcana posted:

It describes Family Guy as a "smartly written adult cartoon series."

ImpulseDrive
Jul 25, 2008

I Am Crake posted:

You are also the only country in the world that doesn't call Axe "Axe" so I just assume you call everything by a different name.

Of course not. The UK English spelling of that word is "Ask".

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Je suis fatigue posted:

It's their designs from the pilot.

That's weird...out of all the images you can get from a GIS...all the promotion images Foxputs out for media to use...that's what they go with?

Erebus posted:

It describes Family Guy as a "smartly written adult cartoon series."

Well, a random hick-person in this paper's hick-circulation area describes it as a "smartly written adult cartoon series." It IS a Letter to the Editor, after-all.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This person is my newest hero

bort
Mar 13, 2003

BgRdMchne posted:

You're thinking of "Friggin."
:golfclap:

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

For anybody else wondering what its supposed to be, its an airplane wing.
story here: http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/08/09/we-know-about-this-alaska-airlines-apologizes-for-handwritten-note-on-damaged-wing-of-plane/

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Alien Arcana posted:

They're actually an african american family

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Frostwerks posted:

They're actually an african american family

Jewish/Mexican. :colbert:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
e: nm bad post I'm so sorry :negative:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

According to Twitter, it's a 1988 UW-Madison Women's Studies handout on lesbians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

This owns bones and its sad that this is still highly needed.

• Locked thread