Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Tin Miss posted:

You know as much as I hate Laganga's personality I have to admit that she is really pretty in drag. I also think she wins over Courntey for tightest tuck because Jesus, she was flat as a Ken doll down there in both the challenge and runway.
Laganja isn't pretty. She just has pretty outfits that are well fitted to her body. A good tailor is a girl's best friend Okurrrrr?
See the link below for more on Courtney's tuck.

blizzardvizard posted:

Who else thinks Courtney's bedsheet was more interesting than her 'reveal'?
Raven and Raja.
I think it would have been fun if instead of a boring bikini she wore a mosaic print or a censor bar.

Also according to Willam's Facebook she is shooting the video for her next single today or something :neckbeard:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009
I haven't been watching Untucked this season, but has Joslyn been involved in any drama at all? I'm hoping she can quietly sneak her way into the top that way. She's way more fun and flexible than some of the other glam girls *cough*COURTNEY*cough* and I wanna see what she does with the inevitable wacky food challenge they always seem to whip out toward the end.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

I haven't been watching Untucked this season, but has Joslyn been involved in any drama at all? I'm hoping she can quietly sneak her way into the top that way. She's way more fun and flexible than some of the other glam girls *cough*COURTNEY*cough* and I wanna see what she does with the inevitable wacky food challenge they always seem to whip out toward the end.

This season's Untucked has been surprisingly fun. Joslyn stood up to Gia when Gia came for Milk for not being fishy, but that's it. Not sure what that means in terms of her chances for survival, though; slipping into the background can be just as dangerous as being in drama showdowns, and truly excellent drama can keep you and your rival around long past your expiration dates (Alyssa-Coco, PhiPhi, etc.). It's only helped her image, though, and she's my current favorite for Miss Congeniality (assuming Bianca doesn't end up taking it).

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Edit: ^^^ You can't vote a Top 3 queen for Miss Congeniality :smug:

Grape Juice Vampire posted:

There was this magical moment:

I think that's about it? Untucked is mostly about Laganja crying and blaming other people for her crying for no goddamn reason so you're not missing much.

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 3, 2014

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
First off, I'm sad to see Milk go. She was a good change of pace but she needed to show a bit more glam.

As for the other queens, Darienne's "dress" was just awful. Someone mentioned her looking like the stars, she was the whole galaxy.

Adore and Bianca were great as usual. Courtney yet again relied on her body and got called out for it, which is great. Trinity needs to step it up really quick or she's gone next episode.

Laganja needs to go, I'm tired of her passive-aggressive bullshit. She keeps getting her feelings hurt at imaginary slights.

Finally... Gia who?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Joslyn's said in interviews she's playing rock-stupid for the camera (to what degree, who knows), so when moments like that pop up, it's a definite surprise.

She delights me more and more with each episode.

Grape Juice Vampire
Aug 1, 2009

Combed Thunderclap posted:

(assuming Bianca doesn't end up taking it).

Bianca isn't getting Miss Congeniality 'cause she's gonna win. :ssh: I loved Trinity at the start but she's definitely out in the next few episodes. Same for Darienne. As far as Joslyn being in the background, let us not forget that Jujubee never won a challenge in her season and not only made it to the top 3 but also to All Stars.

You know, last season I hated the Coco/Alyssa bullshit, but this season I'm kind of missing the rivalry element. The "conflict" between Ben and Darienne seems cobbled together and it's a total snooze compared to Coco and Alyssa or Sharon and PhiPhi.

Grape Juice Vampire fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 3, 2014

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm sad that Milk goes home but I've got to agree that she hasn't really brought it. I don't really think that she's unpolished, really, it's just that sometimes her visions are not obvious enough. Like avant-garde artists who spend too much time on concepts, and not enough on how to convey that concept to the audience.

Not buying this argument in the slightest. Yes, Milk is trying to do something unusual, and edgy, and new. It's just that she's terrible at it, and mainly uses it as gimmicks to distract from the fact that she's just not very good at it. Sharon Needles did the same sort of high-concept drag, but she did it well, and her skills served to elevate her concepts rather than her concepts being used to mask her skills. I was actually super-excited about Milk initially because she did seem very conceptual, but was completely turned off in the end by how badly she does it.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

blizzardvizard posted:

Who else thinks Courtney's bedsheet was more interesting than her 'reveal'? When she first appeared all wrapped up I reacted to how glamorous the bedsheet actually looks, but then she discarded it for plain and boring undergarments.

I did. As did Viktor and Rolf:

From their fall 2005 show, "Bedtime Stories".

Here's a link to the style.com review and gallery:
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/F2005RTW-VIKROLF

And a video of the runway show. The menswear is especially gorgeous.
http://vimeo.com/58024266

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

CHiRAL posted:

Laganja isn't pretty. She just has pretty outfits that are well fitted to her body. A good tailor is a girl's best friend Okurrrrr?

Well I think she has a pretty face. I like how she doesn't just rely on being fishy and understated like Courtney, but she also doesn't paint really harsh lines on her face. As much as I like Ben and Bianca, I'm not really a fan of their makeup.

But really her face is the only thing I like about her.

Tin Miss fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Apr 4, 2014

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Tin Miss posted:

Well I think she has a pretty face. I like how she doesn't just rely on being fishy and understated like Courtney, but she also doesn't paint really harsh lines on her face. As much as I like Ben and Bianca, I'm not really a fan of their makeup.

But really her face is the only thing I like about her.

I could have said the same about liking Darienne's face, but then she made the mistake of opening her mouth this week.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Any of you NYC goons ever been to the Hot Mess Drag Revue with Lady Bunny and Bianca? How was it?

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Just got home from seeing the LA production of "Return to Grey Gardens", with Jinkx and Peaches Christ among others. loving excellent. The material itself is kind of slight but it didn't matter one bit; Jinkx was mesmerizing. She sang "All That Jazz", "You Really Got A Hold On Me" (:allears:) and "I Dreamed A Dream", was hilarious and wonderful, and generally ate the sucker for breakfast. Also was about 500x more beautiful in person as usual. She's the real thing and I don't regret a second of stanning.

Peaches remains the person I want to be when I grow up. Her performance was pretty understated but she knows how to stage the hell out of a show. The other standout was Squeaky Blonde, who is a force of fuckin nature and will never, ever appear on "Drag Race" for any reason so you have to go see her live. [e: Do not expect a typical drag show. Like, at all.] She did an airtight lipsync to something terrifying, and took up every iota of available light. She's also the real thing, in a very different way.

Best for last: we were seated across the aisle from Willam and two rows behind Mathu Andersen. (CHiRAL, I thought of you right away. :) ) Willam is exactly like you'd expect and Mathu is literally God.

Anyway it was great. See these ladies if you can.

spite house fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 6, 2014

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

spite house posted:

Best for last: we were seated across the aisle from Willam and two rows behind Mathu Andersen. (CHiRAL, I thought of you right away. :) ) Willam is exactly like you'd expect and Mathu is literally God.

ohmygodcanitouchyouimgonnapinchyoursleevenowok:ohdear:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

spite house posted:

Anyway it was great. See these ladies if you can.

God drat it I'm coming to visit you next year and have a dragcation.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
There might be a UK version soon!

quote:

"I've been working with Jodie on a UK version of RuPaul's Drag Race," Jonathan told the Daily Star. "Unfortunately we have had to take a break because of some family issues. But we're hoping to pick it up again in the near future. I am definitely serving 'middle-aged-realness."

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
For those inclined, tonight's episodes - yes, plural - 7 and 8 - have leaked.

Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

Doctor Claw posted:

For those inclined, tonight's episodes - yes, plural - 7 and 8 - have leaked.

I'll admit. I watched them. So worth it! They were pretty good episodes more in terms of character building than actual challenges though, imo.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0HLWhvT3dA

Can we have some gifs of Alaska's face, here?

Bina fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 7, 2014

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

edited to say aaaaaa I love Alaska's YouTube channel

the escape goat fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 7, 2014

RICKON WALNUTSBANE
Jun 13, 2001

:3:

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

What youtube video did this come from?

Also decided to discover Adore's youtube video and it's the best :3: She's grown on me like mold. Delicious mold. I'd be cool with her being in the top 4.

If you want the T on the new episodes all you need to know is BIANCA ROCKS LAGANJA IS MENTAL. Which is to say, nothing really new. They're the best episodes yet.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Bina posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0HLWhvT3dA

Can we have some gifs of Alaska's face, here?

More to come as I find them :kimchi:

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

Has anyone watched that Canada's next drag superstar? is that worth watching? I suspect it's a top gear uk vs top gear anywhere else situation: without the same cast (ru and michelle -- santino is awful), and everything it just won't feel right, but what do i know?

Alaska and Adore gifs forever. I feel Alaska could teach Milk how to be kooky and beautiful and polished. She is stunning, I must say.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Episode 8 results reaction: Thank gently caress Laganja is out. YES GAWD MAMA OKURRRR *weak pop*

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

FINALLY :woop::woop::woop::woop:

Also, Darienne KILLED it in her Lip Sync.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I can't seem to find 8 anywhere, but I did find 7. I thought not eliminating someone was a cop out, but then again, how can you get rid of talented ladies like Darienne and DeLa when Laganja is staring you in the face?

Also, Bianca rules so drat hard.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Finally, something I can expertly comment on! EP 8: that is not what knitting looks like, this audience was rigged! :colbert:

Drei
Feb 23, 2006

she's incredible math
If I needed more convincing to see Bianca live.

EDIT: Yesssss, she's in San Francisco next month.

Drei fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Apr 8, 2014

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

CHiRAL posted:

Finally, something I can expertly comment on! EP 8: that is not what knitting looks like, this audience was rigged! :colbert:

It definitely was, the guy who 'fell asleep' was Jinkx's drag-a-veteran from last season!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

My husband had the best line, delivered in a straight-man deadpan: "You know nothing, Laganja Estranja."

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

Hey Courtney, thanks for finally doing something different and interesting on the runway! I mean, I still think Trinity looked better (that dice dress was drat near perfect and she completely sold it), but Klaus Nomi is a massive step up from lingerie.

Laganja was a big stupid mess and now she's gone. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Dela's got me worried. I don't know if Darienne is getting to her or what, but these episodes didn't treat her well.

Adore continues to be adorable, Bianca continues to be the best at everything, Joslyn continues to be a human puppy.

Once Darienne's gone I'm going to have trouble watching the remaining episodes, because at that point I'm not going to want anyone to leave. Trinity used to be on the list for me, but she really turned it around these past two episodes. I don't want her to go home... but I don't want the others to go home even more. Trinity's complaining about pretty much everything on Twitter, though, which isn't really helping the "coming out of her shell" edit they're trying to give her.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Trinity really turned it around these last two episodes. I totally had no idea that she had it in her. Has there ever been a contestant who has turned it around like she did? Granted, she has done well in just two episodes, but still.

Darienne is this season's PhiPhi.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

It really is something that I agree with Darienne being the season's PhiPhi while Courtney (who I DO still enjoy) spent eps 7 and 8 kicking a puppy.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
This is my first season watching the show as more than clips on The Soup. Who knew a few weeks later I'd be yelling at my TV when BendelaCreme almost sashayed away?

Darienne did well at the standup, but she's got to go. That girl is poison.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
I've only seen the seventh episode and Untucked (watching 8 tomorrow), but as far as I'm concerned this is now the Bianca Del Rio show guest starring some other queens.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
These last two episodes reminded me of Real Housewives drama where a lot of the arguments were for things we didn't see on camera social media drama and etc. It doesn't make for good reality TV when the main conflict involves things we don't see. However, Laganja may have a mental illness(schizophrenia) that needs to be checked out. Her character does not exude anything related to the ganja.

MilicentPottywinkle
Mar 16, 2006
I am not a hipster fag, stop calling me that!
Looks like there's some polling going on for all stars season 2! Somehow in the past day Serena ChaCha got enough votes to move up from last place. I can't hit the thumbs down button enough.

On the plus side, Willam is strongly holding the number one spot.

http://www.dragofficial.com/rupauls-all-stars-drag-race-season-2.html

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Came here to talk about episode 7 and got episode 8 spoiled. :sigh:

Oh well, at least Willam is holding strong in the All-Stars poll. I'd almost be happy with the vast majority of the top 10!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

MilicentPottywinkle posted:

Looks like there's some polling going on for all stars season 2! Somehow in the past day Serena ChaCha got enough votes to move up from last place. I can't hit the thumbs down button enough.

On the plus side, Willam is strongly holding the number one spot.

http://www.dragofficial.com/rupauls-all-stars-drag-race-season-2.html
She was #1 since before it had 1k votes total, I saw a screenshot. Alaska is permanently second, they saved me the time of figuring out how vote bots work :3:

I could not believe it for the 5 seconds I thought Ben was going home but now I'm starting to think it was done entirely for the sake of drama. Their ad wasn't much of an advertisement but they took the comical route to it which is something that actually played for contestant's favor in the past. Then again if they didn't lip-sync Courtney and Puppy would have and that would have ended in tragedy.

My favoritest moment of the week:

DelTrio or bust :colbert:
this is what happens when you make me go to reddit with promises of early episodes

• Locked thread