Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emuticus
Jan 23, 2013
For anyone who has played A Portable, how does New Game + work? I'm still a bit off, but I have a few questions.

For upgrading units: Do the upgrades carry over, or do you simply get a refund of your money?
For upgrading secret units Like Char's Gelgoog: If I upgrade secret units like this, am I screwing myself over for NG+?
For upgrading the main mech: If upgrades carry over, do the upgrades specifically apply to that mech, or does it blanket cover all mechs?

And finally, what happens to items in NG+? Do they get sold off? Do you get to keep them?

A pre-emptive thanks for any answers you can throw me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The SRWZ3 Trophy List is out. Nothing hugely special but it confirms that a single playthrough is 60+ stages. Otherwise it's nothing special.

It looks like the Z2 "Emblem" system is returning too and there's some trophies for the Trader but nothing that gives any more info.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 8, 2014

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Bah, screw it, I'll just come out and say it.

Is there anyone that plans on game sharing the PS3 version of Z3? I'm a huge loving leech and a horrible person.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
Found my old Alpha 3 disc laying about while moving. :woop: Been several years since I've touched this, I'm so gonna play the poo poo out of it. Shame there's no translation for it, but with this game's scope being what it is...I really can't blame anyone for not wanting to do it.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Zeratanis posted:

Found my old Alpha 3 disc laying about while moving. :woop: Been several years since I've touched this, I'm so gonna play the poo poo out of it. Shame there's no translation for it, but with this game's scope being what it is...I really can't blame anyone for not wanting to do it.

I just couldn't handle keeping track of the massive number of units the game gives you to use.

I really wanted to keep going, though :negative:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

ImpAtom posted:

The SRWZ3 Trophy List is out. Nothing hugely special but it confirms that a single playthrough is 60+ stages. Otherwise it's nothing special.

It looks like the Z2 "Emblem" system is returning too and there's some trophies for the Trader but nothing that gives any more info.

Do you have a link? I checked PSN Profiles and PlayStation Trophies but couldn't see it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Do you have a link? I checked PSN Profiles and PlayStation Trophies but couldn't see it.

http://www.exophase.com/game/%E7%AC...7-psn/trophies/

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Apr 8, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's probably to avoid spoilers, but I miss 2nd OGs' silly as hell trophies. "Let Ibis get shot down on a space stage" was amazing.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

It's probably to avoid spoilers, but I miss 2nd OGs' silly as hell trophies. "Let Ibis get shot down on a space stage" was amazing.

It had a pretty great name too, if I remember.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Do we know if this game gives any kind of bonuses for existing saves from prior games? Loading my PS2 and PSP game saves onto the PS3 would be kind of a pain but I have a codebreaker, so I can do it if I have to.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Aw yeah, Play Asia is "Preparing Order"! I find myself really looking forward to whatever the potential secret units are more than anything. I don't know why but secret stuff always end up my favorite parts of SRW games.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
The recent gameplay reveals such as implementing NEO's SP system is semi-attracting me to Z3-1.

The PS3 version isn't out of reach for me, but I rather play it portable and I don't have the budget for a Vita.

Since I believe the price will take a nose-dive once Z3-2 is out I think I'll just live vicariously through others.

Emuticus posted:

For upgrading units: Do the upgrades carry over, or do you simply get a refund of your money?
It's refunds, no direct carryovers.

50/75/100% for 1/2/3+ playthroughs like most modern SRW I believe.

quote:

And finally, what happens to items in NG+? Do they get sold off? Do you get to keep them?
Well, you can't even sell them normally, so I don't know if it gets "auto-sold" if only because I have no idea what the value of each item would be.

You don't keep any of the Mecha parts through NG+ though, so I'm going to assume they're just removed.

What you do keep is Skill Parts. They carry over if they're leftover as items or if you spent them on a pilot.

Note that Axel and Lamia don't share learned skills, so pick one character and stay with him (unless you want to spend all your parts on other characters I suppose)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Aesthetics-based spoilers:

Whoever designed the cockpit of the Geminion (sp?) is out of his/her drat mind.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

It's a banpresto original, you were expecting anything less?

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
For those of us who aren't familiar with NEO, could somebody please explain what was unique about its SP system?

While I love the SRW series dearly my experience with these games is limited strictly to OG 1 and 2 and J. I am, however, super excited to see the return of Gunbuster!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Captain Keene posted:

For those of us who aren't familiar with NEO, could somebody please explain what was unique about its SP system?

While I love the SRW series dearly my experience with these games is limited strictly to OG 1 and 2 and J. I am, however, super excited to see the return of Gunbuster!

In the Neo system you do not begin with full SP as a stage starts. Instead it gains naturally ala Will/Morale gains, with increased gains in combat. This prevents early-level spell spamming but also lowers the chance you'll be hit with a "gently caress, I'm out of SP and there's ANOTHER boss" kind of stuff.

Neo and OE also had leveled spells where instead of Focus you had Focus Lv1/Lv2/Lv3 where each had a different effect and SP cost, but Z3 appears to have replaced this with "plus" versions of the spell on certain characters instead.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
If we can't get another good game with Neo mechanics, let's bring the Neo mechanics to the good games instead. :getin:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So someone in a chat I watch just dropped an amazing spoiler:

Guren Eight Elements has a MAP attack now.

A post-move MAP attack.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Guren Seiten: Everything is Radiation Wave.

KoB
May 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

So someone in a chat I watch just dropped an amazing spoiler:

Guren Eight Elements has a MAP attack now.

A post-move MAP attack.

:getin:

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Pureauthor posted:

Looks like someone at Banpresto was watching Godannar/Vandread that day!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Another bit of info on the second ReZEL pilot:
It's Kamille. He gets a ReZEL instead of the Zeta.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Another bit of info on the second ReZEL pilot:
It's Kamille. He gets a ReZEL instead of the Zeta.

That'd be really cool if he never gets the Zeta and gets to work his newtype mojo with the ReZEL instead. ReZEL waverider crash!!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Minor plot spoilers;

Sosuke, Heero and Chirico meet up.

"..."
"..."
"..."

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Spiritus Nox posted:

That'd be really cool if he never gets the Zeta and gets to work his newtype mojo with the ReZEL instead. ReZEL waverider crash!!

Heck give him the Delta Gundam Kai. It's like a super newtype zeta.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Minor plot spoilers;

Sosuke, Heero and Chirico meet up.

"..."
"..."
"..."

Now in picture format.

In other news that should surprise nobody, Gauron is still a pile of bullshit.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

In other news that should surprise nobody, Gauron is still a pile of bullshit.

Son of a bitch...I'm gonna bet he still has that insta-zeal/focus Lambda Driver, too.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
What the hell is Multitarget? That's not good at all.

Also I was gonna comment on his less-than-max SP (OH poo poo BOSSES USE SPIRITS?!) but, right, NEO mechanics.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

What the hell is Multitarget? That's not good at all.

Also I was gonna comment on his less-than-max SP (OH poo poo BOSSES USE SPIRITS?!) but, right, NEO mechanics.

I'm going to guess it's another name for chain-attack?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Just looking at it I think it is "do full damage to both members of a pair" but I may be wrong.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Son of a bitch...I'm gonna bet he still has that insta-zeal/focus Lambda Driver, too.
At the moment, it seems to not do the auto-casting like in W. Gauron can still utterly wreck your poo poo once his Lamda Driver kicks in, though. If I'm reading the thread on /m/ right, he managed to one-shot Chirico.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

At the moment, it seems to not do the auto-casting like in W. Gauron can still utterly wreck your poo poo once his Lamda Driver kicks in, though. If I'm reading the thread on /m/ right, he managed to one-shot Chirico.

That's not really that hard to do though.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Wow, Arbalest got shafted in terms of animations. :(

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Phlogistic posted:

Wow, Arbalest got shafted in terms of animations. :(

Has he activated the Lambda Driver yet? I'm wondering if they made the regular animations clunky to make those Driver movements more fluid (which is a plot point in FMP).

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

The Lambda Driver doesn't change his animations. At all.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Phlogistic posted:

:negative: God dammit Banpresto.

Also is it CCA age Kamille or does Zeta Kamille just get the ReZel because :confused:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Phlogistic posted:

Obviously they are just saving money is they can go crazy with the Leviathan in the next game. Right?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ethiser posted:

Obviously they are just saving money is they can go crazy with the Leviathan in the next game. Right?

Hey, it might even be a secret unit in this game - like Alto's Durandal.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
Genion spoilers:

It's activated by command and only lasts a few turns. You get it in stage 14.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
That thing better have a Gekigan Flare.

• Locked thread