Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Captain Keene posted:

That thing better have a Gekigan Flare.

Heh, now I have a mental image of Gai Daigouji stealing Demonbane's legs to turn his Aesti into a super robot. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ShiunTouya posted:

Genion spoilers:

E X C E L L E N T

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I'm not feeling that spoiler design at all either :(. I'm hoping the OG characters are interesting because I think the mech in general looks awful, not to mention the male character looks like Durandel from Destiny.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Neon green music notes?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
"Well, that certainly is an Original alright."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If it shows up in Stage 14 it proooobably isn't the final upgrade even for this game.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

If it shows up in Stage 14 it proooobably isn't the final upgrade even for this game.

I'm just writing it off more as an special attack moreso then upgrade. Similar to how the Brasta got the VFX things.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
How tall is regular Genion? Because Genion GAI is 45m tall, which is firmly in Super Robot territory. So much for "another lovely real!"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

I'm just writing it off more as an special attack moreso then upgrade. Similar to how the Brasta got the VFX things.

Even in that case Brasta got that around stage 35~, the usual upgrade area. Stage 14 of 60+ is way way too early for a final powerup.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Broken Loose posted:

How tall is regular Genion? Because Genion GAI is 45m tall, which is firmly in Super Robot territory. So much for "another lovely real!"

It also has some cool kung-fu action, especially with regular Genion's Storm Bringer attack.

Storm Bringer is shown in an /m/ webm video, in the #101 General Thread.

vvvv Edit: Ah, well.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Apr 9, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

TheManSeries posted:

Genion gets upgrades at:

Stage 4: Suzune as a copilot and Stormbringer
Stage 14: GAI Mode which is limited like NTD/Gravion/Dancougar Nova were at some point

I think the next logical upgrade is a permanent GAI mode and not a whole different unit.

Edit: The branched upgrade is a lie. No one who has the game has gotten past stage 20 so far.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

It also has some cool kung-fu action, especially with regular Genion's Storm Bringer attack.

Storm Bringer is shown in an /m/ webm video, in the #101 General Thread.

vvvv Edit: Ah, well.

But what are its stats like? Is it built like a real or a super?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Glitter Armament Infinity sounds like it's a rejected Cosmic Era acronym.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

"Well, that certainly is an Original alright."

I like to imagine they're hyper sensitive to people complaining about how boring Crowe ended up being and are pulling out all the stops this time to make the original crazy.

Crazy rear end cockpit design aside, Storm Bringer is awesome and I'm cautiously optimistic for Chunky Legs Super Mode.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Group's name spoiler:

It seems to be Z-BLUE: Z Busters Link Universe & Earth

EDIT: Here's also a video of Genion's attacks. There's some very early (chapter 5) spoilers in there after 0:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhBDo9PLLmw

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 9, 2014

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Kanos posted:

Crazy rear end cockpit design aside, Storm Bringer is awesome and I'm cautiously optimistic for Chunky Legs Super Mode.

I liked the Giganscudo in OGs, but that may have been because it stood out so much versus all those Reals, plus it was stupidly strong when it got into range.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

In the Neo system you do not begin with full SP as a stage starts. Instead it gains naturally ala Will/Morale gains, with increased gains in combat...

Neo and OE also had leveled spells where instead of Focus you had Focus Lv1/Lv2/Lv3 where each had a different effect and SP cost, but Z3 appears to have replaced this with "plus" versions of the spell on certain characters instead.
Z3's version seems to be tweaked as follows
- Half SP + 5 SP per turn, instead of being combat-based. Which I guess they learned from OE that the system as it is in NEO kind of screws over Reals.
- No leveled Spirits as mentioned. The "+" version of Spirits such as Focus+ casts it on both members of a squad instead.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
That cockpit seating design :cripes:

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
I don't really know my way around nico, could someone tell me where they're finding the videos?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Hivac posted:

I don't really know my way around nico, could someone tell me where they're finding the videos?

Someone was streaming the game earlier. He fell asleep 6 hours ago.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

ShiunTouya posted:

Group's name spoiler:

EDIT: Here's also a video of Genion's attacks. There's some very early (chapter 5) spoilers in there after 0:30.

I thought you guys were exagerating about the cockpit before I actually saw it. Godannar indeed. :staredog:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So, a few BGMs have been confirmed:

Endless Waltz: White Reflection
Geass: World End
Big O: Stand A Chance

The last one makes me happy.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Daler Mehndi posted:

I thought you guys were exagerating about the cockpit before I actually saw it. Godannar indeed. :staredog:

Just as well they weren't the Pisces sphere holders! :v:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Glad the original's attacks are at least exciting to watch again. Also that cockpit is loving amazing, I bet whenever the mech gets hit the MC ends up getting kicked.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

I am pleased with these choices, especially World End, that was probably my favorite opening. Chances are Z3-2 will hit you hard and fast with Last Impression.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

AradoBalanga posted:

That last one is the best news.

It saves me time making it a custom BGM.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ShiunTouya posted:

Group's name spoiler:

I actually don't mind that cockpit too much. I mean yeah it's stupid and badly designed for something that moves like that, but I was expecting something much worse from everyone's reactions to it.

Now, Suzume's piloting outfit, on the other hand... I mean, I've played Selena's route, so I'm not really surprised. Just kinda disappointed.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
How does Z3 fit into the Z continuum anyway? I have a friend who was mildly interested in playing but would have to start with the PS3 title because of system limitations. This is a Japanese fluent friend, as a random aside.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Rascyc posted:

How does Z3 fit into the Z continuum anyway? I have a friend who was mildly interested in playing but would have to start with the PS3 title because of system limitations. This is a Japanese fluent friend, as a random aside.

It's a sequel, after the world from Z1 and Z2 have merged.

Isn't Z1 a PS2 classic that's downloadable from the PSN? Have him download that, Z is awesome.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Rascyc posted:

The first stage literally starts right after Z2's ending.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, my JP PSN account is all "charged" (still dunno why they use that word for when you put money INTO it) and if its like previous times I have done this, it will show up sometime after work tomorrow, but NOT early enough that it will finish downloading/installing before I have to go to sleep. Oh well.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, my JP PSN account is all "charged" (still dunno why they use that word for when you put money INTO it) and if its like previous times I have done this, it will show up sometime after work tomorrow, but NOT early enough that it will finish downloading/installing before I have to go to sleep. Oh well.

Should we expect it at 12-1 AM EST?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kanos posted:

Should we expect it at 12-1 AM EST?
Whatever 1-2pm or so Japan time is in EST.

edit: it would finish in time if PS3 downloading was as fast as Steam, but alas, it's like a cocktail straw in comparison. And then installing takes another million years too.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Apr 9, 2014

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

So yes, then.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Okay, my JP PSN account is all "charged" (still dunno why they use that word for when you put money INTO it)

Think of it like charging up a battery :science:

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Genion has a barrier called D-Fault. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3o_Ta0Zyr4

New original spoilers

Demo reel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAgGeRIzZM

Other spoilers: As of stage 11 space route, Camille thinks Full Frontal is Char.

I think I'm going to go crazy before I can actually download this game.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Broken Loose posted:

E X C E L L E N T

I think that looks FANTASTIC. I'm almost getting a GGG feel from it based on the wing on its back. Love the coloring too. Its attacks are loving awesome, already way more badass than Li-Brasta's.

Also there is a Z3 stream up right now - http://www.twitch.tv/natsuyatamashii

Just from early stages....this original is already competing with the hot blooded manliness of RaiOh, and RaiOh is basically my favorite original ever...

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 9, 2014

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I honestly like this original more than the Brasta so far from what little I've seen. It feels like this one has a bit more articulation to it. Also no 30 second long sniper sequence.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rascyc posted:

I honestly like this original more than the Brasta so far from what little I've seen. It feels like this one has a bit more articulation to it. Also no 30 second long sniper sequence.

Yeah, the attacks are short and sweet and seem to have lots of impact. The little contact flourishes on its kung fu combo or whatever are really sharp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Rascyc posted:

I agree. Color me wrong on my initial "Welp good job on another generico mcrealrobot BP" because this one feels pretty decent. The finisher has a lot of oomph to it without taking 40 seconds to animate(and reminds me a lot of Valhawk).

• Locked thread