Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The cockpit is probably one of the most comical things I've seen in a mech in a very loooooong time. This is Gintama levels of mecha parody to me, unfortunately it's not a parody!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
While it's certainly in poor taste, it's not really much different from a Godannar cockpit. Suzune's pilot suit isn't much different from a Godannar one either, come to think of it.

It's stupid as hell but so are cut-ins of gigantic swaying breasts and poo poo so :shrug:

KoB
May 1, 2009
To me the most ridiculous part is the cleavage seatbelt.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAgGeRIzZM

The demo reel.

Who are those orange enemies Trider is fighting?

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 9, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kanos posted:

While it's certainly in poor taste, it's not really much different from a Godannar cockpit. Suzune's pilot suit isn't much different from a Godannar one either, come to think of it.

It's stupid as hell but so are cut-ins of gigantic swaying breasts and poo poo so :shrug:

Listen, I liked Godannar. It wasn't like MuvLuv where all the dumb fanservice was there, yet you were expected to take it super serious. Godannar was dumb and fun as hell, but the cockpits and pilot suits it had need to stay in Godannar.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I actually agree with you wholeheartedly, but it's hard to feel legitimately outraged over a super robot wars female lead having stupid fanservice attached to her at this point. We crossed over that line around Alpha 3 with Kusuha and Selena's pendulum boobs and Selena's BDSM ninja outfit.

It's the sad fact that the venn diagram of "people who like mecha games" and "people who are likely to buy anime girl hug pillows" has a non-zero overlap.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Kanos posted:

I actually agree with you wholeheartedly, but it's hard to feel legitimately outraged over a super robot wars female lead having stupid fanservice attached to her at this point. We crossed over that line around Alpha 3 with Kusuha and Selena's pendulum boobs and Selena's BDSM ninja outfit.

It's the sad fact that the venn diagram of "people who like mecha games" and "people who are likely to buy anime girl hug pillows" has a non-zero overlap.

Yeah, at this point the breast bounce cut it in pretty well tied with SRW at this point and people would complain about it being toned down. It's just a darn shame is all.

I just want it known that the fact this game uses Pride for SEED Destiny is probably one of my favorite details.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Apr 9, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
The Zeta sprites look absolutely fantastic, i really like how they are doing the partner system in this game as well. Marida's animations are badass as well.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
There's an image posted on /m/ with someone called Chocola actually asking "Isn't that a girl's name?" to you-know-who, with the usual rebuttal. :allears:

Is this Chocola an original or just a new series that I'm not aware of?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Dr Pepper posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPAgGeRIzZM

The demo reel.

Who are those orange enemies Trider is fighting?

Judging by the pilots, those are Tetsujin 28 enemies.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Boob chat has made me curious, has SRW ever had the climatic Gunbuster move as something you can do? That and pulling out Getter reactors would be hilarious ways to end stages.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Hi-Nu is in, apparently.

EDIT: Oh wait, there's no source on that.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Yeah no source that I have found either, but I have a good feeling it will make it in. Here's to hoping.....and watching streams all day to see if i can catch a glimpse of some awesome surprises.

Also Heero in Bonta-Kun gently caress yes.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 9, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Bigger plot spoilers:

Sphere based on Gemini is 'The Quarreling Twins' which implies that whoever uses that sphere (or both halves of the sphere?) is doomed to forever fight each other.

Supporting that idea, there's a hobo-looking dude pilotign a machine called the 'Gemina.'

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

So the final upgrade will be a combination? Hope they don't skimp out and go the SRW L route then.

Also the massive influx of unsourced rumors is so great. If you ace every single Zeta and Unicorn pilot, Amuro will get the Hi-Nu!

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Also Heero in Bonta-Kun gently caress yes.

What.

This needs more context, it's the most amazing sounding thing.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Dr Pepper posted:

What.

This needs more context, it's the most amazing sounding thing.

Thats all i've got of it, if someone can read moonspeak, maybe they can translate whats happening.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Eternal Volfogg posted:

[spoiler]

Thats all i've got of it, if someone can read moonspeak, maybe they can translate whats happening.
"It seems I don't suit this robot very well, so I'll leave the rest to you"

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Samurai Sanders posted:

"It seems I don't suit this robot very well, so I'll leave the rest to you"

Seems like a similar situation to the Bonta map in W(?) The soccer game

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Some attack videos for Marida, Full Frontal, Bonta-kun and Wing Zero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-IeeZ6laAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1apL-lFMus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHfOuo_U24I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZ59Zb6SaU

There may be more attacks to be found as the game progresses, mind, but I'm rather disappointed they didn't include Bonta-kun's "hyakuretsu ken" like in W. :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

What I wanna know is where, when, and why are we still fighting random beastman mooks?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

What I wanna know is where, when, and why are we still fighting random beastman mooks?

The Beastmen didn't go extinct or anything. Yoko was fighting random Beastman mooks in G-L canon near the end of the series.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Some attack videos for Marida, Full Frontal, Bonta-kun and Wing Zero:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-IeeZ6laAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1apL-lFMus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHfOuo_U24I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYZ59Zb6SaU

There may be more attacks to be found as the game progresses, mind, but I'm rather disappointed they didn't include Bonta-kun's "hyakuretsu ken" like in W. :(

I 100% approve of Marida beating the poo poo out of Riddhe in her animations. Also yaaaaaaaay Mobile Suit.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The Beastmen didn't go extinct or anything. Yoko was fighting random Beastman mooks in G-L canon near the end of the series.

To add on to this, one of Viral's most iconic scenes is fighting his last stand in the Enkidu post-timeskip several years after Lord Genome's defeat. The entire big prison complex under Kamina City Simon gets thrown into is mostly for beastmen malcontents who don't want to integrate and want to keep fighting the old war.

Basically beastmen still being kicking is at least as plausible as OG games featuring DC remnants four games after Bian Zoldark's death.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

ShiunTouya posted:

Group's name spoiler:

It seems to be Z-BLUE: Z Busters Link Universe & Earth

EDIT: Here's also a video of Genion's attacks. There's some very early (chapter 5) spoilers in there after 0:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhBDo9PLLmw

Holy loving poo poo that cockpit.

That's just a downright safety hazard!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MechaX posted:

Holy loving poo poo that cockpit.

That's just a downright safety hazard!
Her pilot suit is one, too.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Endorph posted:

Don't worry, she's wearing a safety belt.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Endorph posted:

Her pilot suit is awesome, leave it alone :) a manly rear end dual pilot original wouldn't be complete without a scantily clad co-pilot.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Looking at it again, I just saw where her seat belt is. That's gotta chafe like crazy.

edit: wait poo poo, I'm supposed to be objectifying her and not thinking of how I would feel in her place.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Apr 9, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
I keep seeing the "Tag Tension" Meter on the screen when you receive experience for defeating a unit. It has 2 stars next to it, is this like a relationship between the two units gauge?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Pretty sure that's just the meter for a Maximum Break.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Pretty sure that's just the meter for a Maximum Break.

This is incorrect.

The Tag system is actually a twofold system.

You can spend those Tag Points to perform special Tag Commands. They include giving you Continious movement (i.e: move again if killing an enemy), increasing your PP or Z-Chip gain, or restoring 15 SP to both members of the tag.

You can also spend the Tag Points to perform Maximum Break.

Tag seems to go up every 2-3 kills or when you gain a level. I may be misunderstanding this since I've only seen a little of it so far.

The other system so far is the Combo System:
Every time you kill an enemy team you gain +5% to damage and rewards (Money/Z-Chips) for your next attack. If that attack also kills an enemy team you gain another +5% up to a maximum of 25% (I think?) However failing to kill an enemy resets the combo.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Apr 9, 2014

StevenM
Nov 6, 2011
If anything is being objectified in these games its the mooks, faceless fodder to be destroyed en masse for XP.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Y'know with the fact Macross Frontier's movies have been in a few games, I'm really disappointed we haven't gotten secret unit Isamu, especially since in story despite being just a cameo in the movie, directors have confirmed that he's pretty much the best Valkyrie pilot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

Y'know with the fact Macross Frontier's movies have been in a few games, I'm really disappointed we haven't gotten secret unit Isamu, especially since in story despite being just a cameo in the movie, directors have confirmed that he's pretty much the best Valkyrie pilot.

Isamu showed up in UX but only as part of an attack.

Also not unless Max Jenius died offscreen he ain't.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Isamu showed up in UX but only as part of an attack.

Also not unless Max Jenius died offscreen he ain't.

Welp, If you'll excuse me I'll be looking for that footage.

Edit: Found it, but now I'm sad. Also drat, UX has decent cut ins.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Apr 9, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheManSeries posted:

Welp, If you'll excuse me I'll be looking for that footage.

Edit: Found it, but now I'm sad. Also drat, UX has decent cut ins.

As you should be. :smith: UX has great series interaction but awful animations, cutsin aside.

Also a small Z2/Z3 spoiler: Lelouch is still Lelouch so that confirms Trust Zero as the canon Z2 route.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

ImpAtom posted:

As you should be. :smith: UX has great series interaction but awful animations, cutsin aside.

Also a small Z2/Z3 spoiler: Lelouch is still Lelouch so that confirms Trust Zero as the canon Z2 route.

Psht as if there was any doubt this was the canon route. The new JAM project song on the menu is just :worship: :worship:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
As much as I like SRW music I am probably going to replace all the synth versions with their actual instrumental versions. Mobile suit definitely sounds like they slowed the tempo too, I didn't quite want to believe it until I compared the two versions closer. I wonder why they tinker with the BGMs like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

BGMs are starting to come in, folks.

Here is what's available thus far:

Hibiki's BGM

• Locked thread