Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I don't think it went an hour, but it did repeatedly seem like he was wrapping it up, then he gave himself more to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

It was a 40 minute speech, yes.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

TheJoker138 posted:

It was a 40 minute speech, yes.

He talked about having blown up while giving it.

He came out on Raw and shook the ropes a few times, and did a short promo, and looked gassed.

Then he died.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

Hall of Fame's been pulled from the Network, so bad luck if you were thinking of going back and watching Warrior's speech for some reason.

Apparently it's still there if you search for it, and it wouldn't shock me if they pulled it just to add a RIP card or something first, or to double check it wasn't a Benoit deal before putting it back up.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

njsykora posted:

Hall of Fame's been pulled from the Network, so bad luck if you were thinking of going back and watching Warrior's speech for some reason.

I could understand taking down the negative DVD if it was up, but that seems odd given that they're certainly not distancing themselves for him.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Thauros posted:

I could understand taking down the negative DVD if it was up, but that seems odd given that they're certainly not distancing themselves for him.

like someone said, they're probably editing it to add some requisite RIP Warrior intertitles, or just making sure it isn't another Benoit situation.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

like someone said, they're probably editing it to add some requisite RIP Warrior intertitles, or just making sure it isn't another Benoit situation.

They may also not want there to be accusations they are profiting off of his death by selling network subscriptions so people can watch his Hall of Fame speech.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

MassRafTer posted:

They may also not want there to be accusations they are profiting off of his death by selling network subscriptions so people can watch his Hall of Fame speech.

That didn't stop them from putting up the most controversial Owen and Benoit stuff.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sanguinia posted:

That didn't stop them from putting up the most controversial Owen and Benoit stuff.

They edited off the most controversial stuff from OTE 99 and put a big graphic up before any show Benoit is on just for that reason.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

They edited off the most controversial stuff from OTE 99 and put a big graphic up before any show Benoit is on just for that reason.

for some reason this graphic only appears when I watch the network on my phone/tablet.

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
What's the Benoit graphic because I haven't seen it and I've watched like three or four PPVs with him already

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Fiveace Attorney posted:

What's the Benoit graphic because I haven't seen it and I've watched like three or four PPVs with him already

"The following program is presented in its original form. It may contain some content that does not reflect WWE's corporate views and may not be suitable for viewers. WWE characters are fictitious and do not reflect the personal lives of the actors portraying them. Viewer discretion is advised.

You can block access to this program and others like it using the Parental Control feature in your WWE Network account settings."

Fiveace Attorney
Dec 12, 2006

I ain't his friend! If you were to ask me if I was his friend, I would say "NO" to you!
Oh that one. Didn't even know it was because of Benoit

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Fag Boy Jim posted:

"The following program is presented in its original form. It may contain some content that does not reflect WWE's corporate views and may not be suitable for viewers. WWE characters are fictitious and do not reflect the personal lives of the actors portraying them. Viewer discretion is advised.

You can block access to this program and others like it using the Parental Control feature in your WWE Network account settings."

I am getting it on things that don't even come close to Benoit level stuff. And then not on other stuff. I haven't made it through 1993 yet. I wonder who triggers that warning.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Watching Main Event from tonight and seeing Ultimate Warrior DVD ads is kinda hosed up.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I am so, SO glad WWE ponied up the money to show Mortal Kombat footage during the Glacier segment of Countdown this week. I figured they were going to casually ignore that he was directly ripped off of Sub-Zero, but no, they actually went full tilt.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I am so, SO glad WWE ponied up the money to show Mortal Kombat footage during the Glacier segment of Countdown this week. I figured they were going to casually ignore that he was directly ripped off of Sub-Zero, but no, they actually went full tilt.

Yet they will never acknowledge The Ascension are also just Mortal Kombat ninjas, I bet.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Haha Dusty just flat out sayin' "Oh, Disco Inferno was poo poo!"

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TheJoker138 posted:

Yet they will never acknowledge The Ascension are also just Mortal Kombat ninjas, I bet.

I always thought of them as JRPG bosses. At least with their old presentation with the operatic music and the big coats and steampunk gear.

Now they're just Stargate gods or something.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sticklefifer posted:

I loved that. It's cool they have money set aside for outside licensing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm intrigued if they'll have different content for different countries, as MLB can easily implement blackout functions. For example, here in the UK you have to be a Sky Sports subscriber at around $35/mo in order to watch Raw and Smackdown (it's not on basic cable), so I don't subscribe because it's not worth it to me - the only other thing they offer I care about is NFL and I buy GamePass for that with the money I save.

I don't know much about Sky's online services, but if WWE could get an agreement to put Raw/SD on Network in the UK 24 hours after it airs or something like that, that'd rule for people like me.

Acrolos
Mar 29, 2004

Man, this Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania special is great. Hopefully this is a series they'll show with a lot of different guys.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Acrolos posted:

Man, this Daniel Bryan Wrestlemania special is great. Hopefully this is a series they'll show with a lot of different guys.

I can't wait for the CM Punk one that starts at the Rumble and then it's 40 minutes of a black screen that says [SCENE DELETED].

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

sticklefifer posted:

I always thought of them as JRPG bosses. At least with their old presentation with the operatic music and the big coats and steampunk gear.

Now they're just Stargate gods or something.

Their ring gear is MK ninja gear, and when they started the team they changed their names from Victor and Conner to Viktor and Konner. They are MK ninjas.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Fiveace Attorney posted:

Oh that one. Didn't even know it was because of Benoit
I'm sure Benoit was the most prominent concern, but it's really a blanket thing to cover any and all known instances of wrestlers being shitheads in real life. Pretty sure it even pops up intermittently on PG-era stuff from the last few years. Or it might just be a timed thing set to pop up if it's your first time logging in for a while.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think i remember that disclaimer coming up for raw episode six, where bartlett was dressed as elvis. i couldn't figure out why though.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm intrigued if they'll have different content for different countries, as MLB can easily implement blackout functions. For example, here in the UK you have to be a Sky Sports subscriber at around $35/mo in order to watch Raw and Smackdown (it's not on basic cable), so I don't subscribe because it's not worth it to me - the only other thing they offer I care about is NFL and I buy GamePass for that with the money I save.

I don't know much about Sky's online services, but if WWE could get an agreement to put Raw/SD on Network in the UK 24 hours after it airs or something like that, that'd rule for people like me.

Sounds good in hindsight but that will never happen. I subscribe to SKY Sports mainly for football but I know a hell of a lot of people that only really watch WWE on SKY. So giving them the option to pay a tenner less a month with the Network to get raw/sd 24 hours later would mean a hell of a lot of subscribers cancelling. Especially since Raw is on at 3am on a Monday and most people won't watch it till almost a day later.

WWE is like their second highest rating puller after football and they're now paying WWE almost double what they were in the previous deal so it's make no sense for them. Especially since they've just lost the Champions League football to BT

A week after the broadcast? Possibly, still can't see it though as SKY are money grabbers.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Some Other Guy posted:

i think i remember that disclaimer coming up for raw episode six, where bartlett was dressed as elvis. i couldn't figure out why though.

To warn you that Bartlett thing was going to happen, probably.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

TheJoker138 posted:

Their ring gear is MK ninja gear, and when they started the team they changed their names from Victor and Conner to Viktor and Konner. They are MK ninjas.

Given the choice, wouldn't you be a Mortal Kombat ninja?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Watching the latest countdown about infamous gimmicks and something Paul Heyman said surprised me. Talking about the Dynamic Dudes, he said Johnny Ace was stuck with Shane as a partner. Does he not like Shane? I would have thought he was a fan of Shanes for keeping him as his champ for so long in ECW.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Well it was nice while it lasted. Pack it up, Network fans, because Grover just ate your lunch.

In seriousness, this is looking more and more like the new model of how TV programming is going to be consumed in the future, so for once WWE is ahead of the curve here.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

"A TV Series starring Duggan called 'Biker's Court' was attempting to be sold for syndication at the NATPE convention last week. It was a worked cross between Judge Judy and Jerry Springer, with bikers as the jurors, a silicon implanted baliff and Duggan carrying his 2X4 as the judge. A typical episode is a midget smoker who is suing the tobacco companies claiming smoking stunted his growth and asking for compensation for a multimillion dollar NBA career that he didn't have" - The Wrestling Observer Newsletter: February 21, 2000.

I wish they'd put the pilots like this on the Network. Not just XFL and WBF, but you know they have a hundred of these sorts of things around. A Hall of Shame section.

DudeDeuce
Feb 2, 2003
The MAN
They changed the programming for tonight according to the WWE Network website. Instead of Best of RAW, they're showing Wrestlemania 6.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Spikeguy posted:

Watching the latest countdown about infamous gimmicks and something Paul Heyman said surprised me. Talking about the Dynamic Dudes, he said Johnny Ace was stuck with Shane as a partner. Does he not like Shane? I would have thought he was a fan of Shanes for keeping him as his champ for so long in ECW.
Shane probably had a falling out with Paul near the end of his career in ECW and burnt his bridge.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DudeDeuce posted:

They changed the programming for tonight according to the WWE Network website. Instead of Best of RAW, they're showing Wrestlemania 6.

Oh gently caress yes. That's cool of them to do.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I'm cancelling my subscription after my commitment ends. I can't condone this burial of Disco Inferno on Countdown.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Snacksmaniac posted:

I'm cancelling my subscription after my commitment ends. I can't condone this burial of Disco Inferno on Countdown.

I like that everyone seems to actually hate him.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Disco Inferno vs. Malenko at Bash at the Beach 96 (or was it 94? I forget) was a really good match and one of the best WCW ppv matches I've seen so far

Mulaney Power Move fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 9, 2014

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

My favorite part of that Countdown was when they brought Terry Taylor in with his suit and tie and showed him the Red Rooster 8x10, and his response was a flat "I was at a very different place in my life there."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Some Other Guy posted:

I think Hacksaw called Yokozuna a jap repeatedly.