Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

LividLiquid posted:

Because I didn't know about Michaels' hunting group and its name/unfortunate acronym?

Because you don't know what the MRA are, I'm Australian and I know what the MRA are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Because I didn't know about Michaels' hunting group and its name/unfortunate acronym?

It should be obvious when he also uses the tag #MRAFishing and all of his #MRA posts without that are about fishing along with retweets from his cohost who has MRA in his handle. It's not a group it is the name of his show that he plugs fairly often.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Onmi posted:

Because you don't know what the MRA are, I'm Australian and I know what the MRA are.
The fishing and hunting group, Men's Rights Activists, or some third thing I'm supposed to know about?

#MRA is something I've seen used when people make dipshit posts on Social Media about how women are taking all of men's rights away. It was a fair question, and you're an rear end in a top hat for calling me stupid over trying to clarify.

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer
LividLiquid you should apologize for confusing one niche that shares three letters with another niche.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

LividLiquid posted:

The fishing and hunting group, Men's Rights Activists, or some third thing I'm supposed to know about?

MRA = Michael's Rights Advocate, someone who roots for dudes considered too short to wrestle.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Shima Honnou posted:

MRA = Michael's Rights Advocate, someone who roots for dudes considered too short to wrestle.

This is actually just Shawn Michaels himself in the 90's. He refuses to do anything that's not for the benefit of Shawn Michaels.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
This is both gross and problematic.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Amy Renee posted:

LividLiquid you should apologize for confusing one niche that shares three letters with another niche.

This is how we got stuck with GETTING THE 'F' OUT in the first place!

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I honestly can't imagine anyone who leaves their house on a regular basis having heard much about "Male Rights Activists", let alone sympathizing with their cause seeing as though they appear to be a political group consisting entirely of 25 reddit troglodytes yelling into a social media echo chamber.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Batista posted:

After all these years I finally got 2 tell him that me shaking the ropes was an homage 2 him. Blessed to have had that moment. #onelife

... :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I honestly can't imagine anyone who leaves their house on a regular basis having heard much about "Male Rights Activists", let alone sympathizing with their cause seeing as though they appear to be a political group consisting entirely of 25 reddit troglodytes yelling into a social media echo chamber.

I think it depends on where you live - if you're in a large city there's probably an organized group somewhere and they occasionally have protests and poo poo. Lots of intersection between that community and the PUA (Pacific Underwater Adventures) community

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

flashy_mcflash posted:

I think it depends on where you live - if you're in a large city there's probably an organized group somewhere and they occasionally have protests and poo poo. Lots of intersection between that community and the PUA (Pacific Underwater Adventures) community

I live in Seattle where almost every cause imaginable seems to have a political group and organizes protests on a regular basis and I have never heard of anything about any men's rights nonsense outside of the internet.

By an extension of that logic, I would expect Shawn Michaels to have never heard of some fringe internet cult when he was naming his hunting show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Angular Landbury posted:

I live in Seattle where almost every cause imaginable seems to have a political group and organizes protests on a regular basis and I have never heard of anything about any men's rights nonsense outside of the internet.

By an extension of that logic, I would expect Shawn Michaels to have never heard of some fringe internet cult when he was naming his hunting show.
Seattle wouldn't put up with that poo poo. It's like Wal-Mart. We keep that poo poo in Renton where it belongs.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Angular Landbury posted:

I don't want to imply that Shawn Michaels, who barely seems to know where he is at any given moment, would know about Men's Rights, but I'm with LL in that if there is an MRA community in Seattle it's probably tiny and fairly quiet. I mean, even here in Gay Canada it's a thing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

next you're going to give us a bulletpoint lecture on what all this privilege business is about.

I'd post a tweet but most of them are just people crying about Warrior's passing.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

LividLiquid posted:

I would postulate to the jury that if you follow Shawn Michaels on Twitter and see a tweet like https://twitter.com/JoshIshmaelcam/status/453651313176223744 or https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/status/453292822691463168 or any of a thousand other mentions of his hunting show pop up on the timeline, and your first thought is about a totally irrelevant Reddit movement, then, yes, you are a bigtime fucker idiot, who also has the biceps of a little bitch, and I could easily kick sand into your face.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Michaels Rasslin Academy

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Daniel Bryan posted:

Michaels Rasslin Academy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Wrestling_Academy

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Clearly they need to relocate to Nebraska.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Is this why people keep mentioning financial stuff when I tweet about SEC football?

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
It's also why nobody hashtags #wcw with pictures of Scott Norton.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

I would postulate to the jury that if you follow Shawn Michaels on Twitter and see a tweet like https://twitter.com/JoshIshmaelcam/status/453651313176223744 or https://twitter.com/ShawnMichaels/status/453292822691463168 or any of a thousand other mentions of his hunting show pop up on the timeline, and your first thought is about a totally irrelevant Reddit movement, then, yes, you are a bigtime fucker idiot, who also has the biceps of a little bitch, and I could easily kick sand into your face.
Dude. I don't use twitter. I saw one tweet posted here about how he was going to hang out with some friends that said #MRA. I asked a question to make sure it didn't mean what I thought it meant, and you freaked out and said I couldn't be any dumber like a giant goddamned man-child, wrongly assuming that I

A.)Use twitter

B.)Follow Shawn Michaels

C.)Know about his hunting show, and

D.)Read every tweet he ever sent out.

Calm down. Not everybody knows everything you do. It doesn't make you a genius, and it doesn't make them idiots.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Everyone should use Twitter. I make fart jokes like all day. You can say whatever you want to Hulkamatt and he can't do poo poo. It's amazing. I wish I'd invented Twitter.

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
Twitter sucks and it's also full of meanies like Top Bunk Wanter

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Twitter's cool. I follow this guy that makes fart jokes all day and talks poo poo to Hulkamatt.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

WrasslorMonkey posted:

Twitter's cool. I follow this guy that makes fart jokes all day and talks poo poo to Hulkamatt.

I know that guy

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

WrasslorMonkey posted:

that sounds like a good follow, brb

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

LividLiquid posted:

Dude. I don't use twitter. I saw one tweet posted here about how he was going to hang out with some friends that said #MRA. I asked a question to make sure it didn't mean what I thought it meant, and you freaked out and said I couldn't be any dumber like a giant goddamned man-child, wrongly assuming that I

A.)Use twitter

B.)Follow Shawn Michaels

C.)Know about his hunting show, and

D.)Read every tweet he ever sent out.

Calm down. Not everybody knows everything you do. It doesn't make you a genius, and it doesn't make them idiots.

you're still dumb even if you don't use twitter dude

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Post good tweets.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

HulkaMatt posted:

Post good tweets.

OK

@rainmaker_chaos posted:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Ultimate Warrior posted:

Enough already about dead heroin addict. Use TV time for stories of Heroes who sacrifice lives to protect all celeb junkies' freedom.

February 5th 2014.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gonzo McFee posted:

February 5th 2014.

Cool tweet, bro

Oh wait it's a terrible one you're using to try to poo poo up another thread with by arguing about Warrior again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Nah, I just thought it was funny.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Warrior was just really jazzed for the new season of Heroes.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Probably the most tasteful response to Nancy Grace:

Kevin Douchebag Kelly posted:

I heard that a guy in Witness Protection found the best way to hide was to appear on @NancyGraceHLN. #NoAudience #NoResearch #NoClue

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Probably the most tasteful response to Nancy Grace:

Might be the best thing ever associated with Kevin Kelly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Might be the best thing ever associated with Kevin Kelly.

Steve Corino sits next to him sometimes, you know.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

Steve Corino sits next to him sometimes, you know.

I kinda can't stand Steve Corino either. FWIW.

Tupac Sighting
Oct 19, 2007

twisted as hell... yet i cant stop laughing
Zack Ryder ‏@ZackRyder 1h
So #LastReZort may have just been a trilogy…haha

:byewhore:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Welp, either he's been told to pack it in if he wants to keep his job or he got outright fired at last.