Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

individual865 posted:

He's still calling himself "the Young Assassain." I don't think Melvin is very good at letting the past go.

31 is still young for an assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

31 is still young for an assassin.

That seems old for a hired killer but I don't know much about that profession.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

DekeThornton posted:

I just got back from watching this card live, and it was good fun. IRFA is turning into the best local organisation for up and coming Young fighters with good competitive matchups.

As a bonus I also spotted Joanne Calderwood in the audience. Apperantly she's been over to spar att Gustafsson's home gym, Allstars.

I-R-F-A! IFRA!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

the least weasel posted:

I-R-F-A! IFRA!

Did you also watch it? There where a fair few people with Berserk clothes there.:)

DekeThornton fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Apr 8, 2014

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
Yep! Wearing a Berserk hoodie myself no less. Shame about poor Alexs, he wasn't very happy with his performance. He was basically Jon Jones in comparison to that loving announcer though, holy crap. On a lighter note Karl's match was really cool. Where were you?

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

the least weasel posted:

Yep! Wearing a Berserk hoodie myself no less. Shame about poor Alexs, he wasn't very happy with his performance. He was basically Jon Jones in comparison to that loving announcer though, holy crap. On a lighter note Karl's match was really cool. Where were you?

I sat on the "opposite" side bleachers with another guy from Pancrase. There where quite a few others there as well, but we where spread out. The announcer was just as bad last IRFA. Karl was indeed really good and it went well for Martin from Pancrase as well. Shame about Sadibou Sy though, but the guy he fought is a pretty damned good grappler apperantly, so no shame in losing.

From what I hear Sadibou is actually supposed to fight two more times before the end of May, which is pretty crazy, assuming no injuries in his fights.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

Melvin Guillard has signed a deal with World Series of Fighting. Story coming shortly.

Hahahahaha for a quick second I was like "drat they cut Rick Story too?"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Hahahahaha for a quick second I was like "drat they cut Rick Story too?"

Can't wait for Newell to guillotine him single-handedly

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPWnsQsUxNo

What the actual gently caress

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Allahu Armbar

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

"I would like to thank God for my win today."

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

I approve of everything Jon Jones in the B-league thread.

But seriously, what the actual gently caress. I thought it was just some hokey christian feel good story, but then you have the one guy going on about feminizing men being the root of society's problems and the dad sending his scared shitless kid out to fight. What the actual gently caress indeed.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Allahu Armbar

lmao

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Allahu Armbar

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Meat Recital posted:

I approve of everything Jon Jones in the B-league thread.

But seriously, what the actual gently caress. I thought it was just some hokey christian feel good story, but then you have the one guy going on about feminizing men being the root of society's problems and the dad sending his scared shitless kid out to fight. What the actual gently caress indeed.

Yeah, I still hate humans. Good reminder.

Opal
May 10, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Allahu Armbar

yes

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I couldn't help seeing Mike Dolce instead of the main white pastor guy and it made this trailer very funny

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cE7fxWV2gE

SOTY nomination

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Is there no award for Horrible Mismatch Ending Predictably?

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

A guy with 100 fights against a guy with none is not a mismatch.

In Japan :japan:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

I hope that idiot got paid.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
So that was gross

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Actual SOTY: William Haney's REVERSE BOSTON CRAB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnLi3vtJBRc

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Also: Aleks Emelianenko is now on the Russian federal most wanted list for rape

What is the best highlight of him getting hosed starched so I can watch a bunch of times in a row to feel slightly better?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LobsterMobster posted:

Also: Aleks Emelianenko is now on the Russian federal most wanted list for rape

What is the best highlight of him getting hosed starched so I can watch a bunch of times in a row to feel slightly better?

I remember the Cro Cop finish being satisfying. You could also try watching the James Thompson fight in a mirror.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

That wins a :gonk: award. Minnowaman, you're a bad person.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

coconono posted:

That wins a :gonk: award. Minnowaman, you're a bad person.

He's not used to fighting a guy that's both taller than him, yet weighs less.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
A lifetime of fighting burly giants has given Minowa a callous disregard for the human body.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
perhaps do not fight a super hulk champion if you are 0-0

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Lol that card was headlined by Ishii taking what I'm sure was a scintillating decision victory over Philip de Fries.

Opal
May 10, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

perhaps do not fight a super hulk champion if you are 0-0

When interviews with this guy started cropping up most people thought it was some weird joke or wishful thinking. Alas.

Goran Jettingstad posted:

Minowa has a tremendous amount of experience in the ring, while I only have experience in training, sparring, etc. On the other hand, my age, height, and the fact that he doesn't know anything about me and my practice works a little more to my advantage.

Goran Jettingstad posted:

Would be boring to say height [is my advantage], so I'll go with the fact that he doesn't know anything about me and my style. In the meantime we are training to be able to withstand anything we've seen him come up with in previous matches, with marked improvement.

Opal fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Apr 11, 2014

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
B-League Update!

SATURDAY 4/12/14

2:30PM EDT - PLMMA 31: http://ow.ly/vIKRi

4PM EDT - Cage Warriors 67: https://cagewarriors.mmajunkie.com No prelims for this event for some reason.

6PM EDT - Circuito Talent de MMA 8: http://aovivoagora.com/AoVivo/esporte-interativo-on-line/

7PM EDT - Nitrix 20: http://aovivoagora.com/AoVivo/premiere-combate-stream/ or http://tv-aovivo.nl/lutashd.html

10PM EDT - Budo Fights 10: Resurrection: http://www.budofights.com/ Ammy fights, could be funny.

individual865 fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Apr 12, 2014

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

willie_dee posted:

It's the British wrestling clinic you guys have all been waiting for!

https://www.facebook.com/

Colin and JT are now good friends and look forward to rematch. JT has lost 16 kilos since the fight and is in very good HW condition once again, he realises how sloppy he got after gassing in this fight but it was his first come back fight since his injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltMTwqUdZM

Youtube link because JT got told off for putting it on FB

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Sooo I have a feeling this must be being discussed in one of the other threads, but holy poo poo this is horrifying:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/12/5607694/junior-maranhao-collapses-off-stool-at-rfa-14-allowed-to-continue-in

quote:

In a bizarre turn of events at RFA 14, Junior Maranhao fell off his stool after the fourth round during the main event Friday night at the Cheyenne Ice and Events Center in Cheyenne, Wy., and he was allowed to continue to fight.

Gif in the article.

Sometimes it's a little scary being an MMA fan. Stuff like this makes me think I should probably never complain about an early stoppage ever again, no matter how egregious. Basically, BJ Penn's corner throwing in the towel between rounds against GSP needs to be heralded as a great moment in MMA history.

EDIT: And if you haven't seen it, "fell off his stool" doesn't do it justice. Dude just straight up face plants into the canvas and doesn't move.

Agent Tough Juice fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Apr 12, 2014

Ninja fetus
Jan 22, 2005
Legalize murder
We won't be seeing Tyrone Spong in MMA for a while. He just did a 'Silva'.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Sooo I have a feeling this must be being discussed in one of the other threads, but holy poo poo this is horrifying:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/4/12/5607694/junior-maranhao-collapses-off-stool-at-rfa-14-allowed-to-continue-in

Gif in the article.

Sometimes it's a little scary being an MMA fan. Stuff like this makes me think I should probably never complain about an early stoppage ever again, no matter how egregious. Basically, BJ Penn's corner throwing in the towel between rounds against GSP needs to be heralded as a great moment in MMA history.

EDIT: And if you haven't seen it, "fell off his stool" doesn't do it justice. Dude just straight up face plants into the canvas and doesn't move.

video: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1nrh33_rfa-4-11-14_sport

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

quote:

@jnsanchez 44s
Hey guys, I have a statement from the Wyoming athletic commission regarding last night's #RFA14 main event. You ready?

Statement coming about that stool thing

Though it doesn't sound like they're saying anything

quote:

@jnsanchez 32s
Honesty, I am stunned by their statement. No remorse or concern. Putting it together now.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Gif in the article.

What kind of pathetic excuse for a ring doc watches that happen and doesn't stop the fight? The first thing I think of seeing that in combat sports is epidural/subdural hematoma or whatever those are called. Dude shoulda been in a hospital for evaluation immediately. That is hosed up.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Wise Learned Man posted:

What kind of pathetic excuse for a ring doc watches that happen and doesn't stop the fight? The first thing I think of seeing that in combat sports is epidural/subdural hematoma or whatever those are called. Dude shoulda been in a hospital for evaluation immediately. That is hosed up.

Wyoming State Athletic Commission posted:

As to your question regarding Mr. Maranhao, he was thoroughly examined by a licensed physician after he fell off his stool between the 4th and 5th round of the RFA event in Cheyenne on April 11. He was also examined by his corner men and the referee. All parties, including Mr.Maranhao, believed and stated unequivocally that Mr. Maranhao was medically safe to and capable of finishing the fight. In fact, he fought well in the last round and lost in a close split decision. He was examined by a licensed physician after the bout as well and again found to have no neurological or other medical issues of concern.
The Wyoming State Board of Mixed Martial Arts stands by our physicians and officials and has the utmost confidence in their ability to assess the medical status of Wyoming contestants. Safety is the Board’s number one priority and all necessary precautions were taken at the April 11 RFA event to ensure that Mr. Maranhao was safe to continue fighting.

http://fansided.com/2014/04/12/wyoming-state-board-mma-issues-statement-rfa-14-incident/#!DO462

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

Watching the video the ring doctor examines him for approximately 5 seconds. Everyone involved in this should be fired and banned from the sport, jesus christ