Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Is it on the PSN? Do you have a link to the website version?

I found it through the vita ps store. Can't find it on the web.

This is the link I get in the download list https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/ja-jp/cid=JP0700-PCSG00264_00-SRWFIRSTDLGAME00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hm, yeah. It isn't on the website or PS3 store yet.

Play-Asia hasn't shipped mine yet so if it shows up before they do I think I'm just gonna bite the digital bullet.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

2231MB in size, 83 minutes to download...I really wish PSN was a bit faster.

Edit: For comparisons sake the Saisei-Hen PSN copy is 1345MB

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 10, 2014

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
It's a good thing I ordered a physical copy rather than buying it digitally. I have finals to worry about, then I can waste my time destroying everything with Bonta-kun.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!

ImpAtom posted:

Hm, yeah. It isn't on the website or PS3 store yet.

Play-Asia hasn't shipped mine yet so if it shows up before they do I think I'm just gonna bite the digital bullet.

Play Asia shipped mine last night. Despite getting quick shipping it will still take a week to arrive according to FedEx.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I expect the PS3 version to appear on the PS store in an hour or two...and then take loving five hours to download and another hour to install. Still, it's marginally faster than having it mailed to me.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Apr 10, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

HiKaizer posted:

Play Asia shipped mine last night. Despite getting quick shipping it will still take a week to arrive according to FedEx.

I just don't want to end up cancelling it and then something goes wrong and PSN doesn't put the fuckin' game up.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Mine shipped yesterday from play asia and FedEx says it will be here tomorrow. I'm trying to get as much work done now because I know I'll binge on it tomorrow and Friday.

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
Crossing my fingers hoping it gets a digital release on the Asia PSN. We got Infinite battle and Dark Prison so ideally they'll give us this too. Else I'll have to wait till my friend is back from Japan to play it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
COME ON SONY WHERE IS THE PS3 VERSION :argh: :argh: :argh:

I want to play so bad.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Does the website reflect the same content as the store on the PS3 itself? Should I just be F5ing the website periodically or do I need to do it on the PS3 also?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does the website reflect the same content as the store on the PS3 itself? Should I just be F5ing the website periodically or do I need to do it on the PS3 also?

The webstore can be a bit behind if it is anything like the US version.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Hm, it's about an hour overdue compared to what I expected. At this point I'm hoping it at least shows up before I go to bed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's weird because it is already up on the Vita store so I don't know what is taking them.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Silentman0 posted:

Those people are terrible because Unicorn's soundtrack is amazing and that song's one of the best from it.

I agree, it's just that the in-game rendition of Mobile Suit is not as good as the original. The strings don't have as much depth and the brass is tinny.

Still, I'm grateful that the song made it into the game at all!

And now I proceed to refresh the Japan Post website at hourly intervals.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
To people saying that its on the Vita store, and saying the web store updates at a different time than on the PS3...why the hell don't they all update at the same time? They're all just different expressions of the same underlying content, right? What kind of mickey mouse operation are they running over there?

edit: I give up; I'll have to check again tomorrow morning. Stupid Japanese internet incompetence.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Apr 10, 2014

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Japanese video-game companies still figuring out this new-fangled Internet doohickey.

Simon The Digger
Dec 23, 2010

Some Kind of Magical Idiot

AradoBalanga posted:

So, this DLC equip part, the Otodi Fencer(sp?) is pretty crazy.

It gives: 100% Sword Cut activation rate, unit gains the Spiritual Fortitude skill, and evasion decay and placement are nullified.

I think that's supposed to be "Auto Defensor" (or Defenser, or however you want to spell it.)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So the web store has updated with the Vita version but not the PS3 version.

There... is a digital version of the PS3 version, right?

Edit: Nevermind, it's there!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Woo! Play-Asia shipped my order! I need to charge my Japanese PSN account and get that DLC. Is their store pretty easy to navigate?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The store is a piece of cake to navigate.

Also holy poo poo the Tag Tactics system is bonkers.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Anyone with a PS3 copy already, can you tell me anything about the audio quality?

I might be over reacting here but to me it sounds like they really compressed a lot of the audio on the Vita version. Of course all of this is based on my paranoia about them announcing a physical version due to "better compression" a while after stating that it would be digital only. Well that and I actually think the audio sounds compressed/tinny on the vita, of course again I could be batshit crazy.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
For those playing, some of the early SR points are up on akurasu. There's also some info on Custom Bonuses, which are like the unique Full Upgrade Bonuses, but you get them automatically when a robot is upgraded half-way. Seems pretty cool! Now I just need to decide whether to get the PS3 or Vita versions....

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. Custom Bonuses being cheaper to get is actually a nice change. It makes it viable you might get them on weaker units.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I couldn't remember the credentials to my ancient japanese PSN account so I tried to create a new one today using this guide: http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/how-to-make-a-japanese-psn-account-on-the-new-psn/. It seemed to be going well except I got a gray box after the checkbox for newsletters but before what seems like should be the confirmation step in the process. I barely read Japanese but it said something beginning with "Support" in Katakana. I accidentally cancelled and now the ID I tried to setup seems to give an error but I never received a confirmation email either. I wish I had taken a picture.

I guess I'll try again after work today.

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008
Oh wow, I actually think I commented that the old "mecha specific FUB bonus" should really be at 50% instead of 100% because it really isn't worth it FUBing many units, and now they actually did went ahead and did it.

I'm liking how this game is making such system changes to the core when its been unchanged from quite some time.

Though the Invincible nerf seems odd. I always thought Flash was the more overpowered one because of its cheaper SP cost.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Davzz posted:

I'm liking how this game is making such system changes to the core when its been unchanged from quite some time.
This is actually fairly similar to what UX did. Each unit had bonus stats that applied to the whole squad and the bonus would level up when the pilot became an Ace or you upgraded the stats by 50%.

Also some of the assets being re-used in Z3 are really obvious. The older portraits look very blurry compared to the new ones, while some of the new ones either look bad or off model. Also can't say I like how some of the new UI elements look like.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
The damage numbers and the HP displays in combat look incredibly out of place, in my opinion.

Also, animation skips seem to have regressed to MX levels of speed.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

So the web store has updated with the Vita version but not the PS3 version.

There... is a digital version of the PS3 version, right?

Edit: Nevermind, it's there!

It's not showing up in my console's PS3 PSN Store. :confused:

e: I had to loving find one of the DLCs and go to it from the DLC page because it wasn't showing up on my searches. :wtc:

Kanos fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 10, 2014

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I was able to find it through the genre sub-menus, at least I think that's what they are...

Looks like we get one of the DLCs for free? I don't recognize these other two things it threw at me for purchasing. An hour long download for my game. That's an improvement from usual PSN speeds.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Apr 10, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Reading through the /m/ threads there are some pretty awesome parts I can't wait to get into

>cockroach invader eats Ryoma
>suddenly pic

>then Space King Kittan, Space Yoko M Tank, and SHIN GETTER YAY appear.
>CHAAAAAANGE GETTA ONE! SWITCH ON

Also theres a badass scene where Schwarzwald Big O shenanigans and tons of MP Big Duo's

FYI Shin getter inherits black getter upgrades :swoon:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Based on /m/ threads there appears to be a paucity of secrets.

And some strange cast cuts.

No Athrun or Luna, apparently.

HOWEVER!

Major Endgame Spoilers

Route split where you decide whether or not to trust Char on something.

What reason could we possibly have to be suspicious of that fine young man?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Uber Spoiler Below, pictures of all the unit head's found in the game. Theres some pretty sweet poo poo in there....

Theres a Trust Char/ Don't Trust Char plot choice around the 40's........Based on the screenshot, i know exactly which one i will be choosing..

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 10, 2014

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Maybe the inevitable Z3-2 will add back in everyone who is MIA.

If we really want to dream, maybe Z3-2 will be about everyone who's missing plus a bunch if new series. Then everything is mashed together in a blender of mecha-goodness in Z3-3! I can dream, right?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Trip report for those who love music:

You can override the Maximum Break theme (WOOT).

Also the custom music selection is done via in game through the normal music change feature. You just get an entire section in the music list for all your custom music. Seems to be no extra load time associated with using these and the preview works and everything. Even has plenty of screen space on the PS3 to display really long track names so I'm right at home.

Seems to normalize volume to an extent so it's in line with all the other music too (this was my biggest fear).

Ahhhh Storm, you never sounded more RIGHT as a Getter theme...

[e] Although not being able to use my L-Stick in the PS3 version is a bit criminal, yikes.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

No! FedEx tried to deliver my game way earlier than they usuall do so I wasn't home to sign for it. I'll have to wait till tomorrow.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Got mine!

Now I just have to wait through the entire work day :negative:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Uber Spoiler Below, pictures of all the unit head's found in the game. Theres some pretty sweet poo poo in there....

Theres a Trust Char/ Don't Trust Char plot choice around the 40's........Based on the screenshot, i know exactly which one i will be choosing..
Why does Remiel get a full-body sprite? EVA Bias. :v:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rascyc posted:

Also the custom music selection is done via in game through the normal music change feature. You just get an entire section in the music list for all your custom music. Seems to be no extra load time associated with using these and the preview works and everything. Even has plenty of screen space on the PS3 to display really long track names so I'm right at home.

Seems to normalize volume to an extent so it's in line with all the other music too (this was my biggest fear).

Can you set Custom Music to each attack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dr Pepper posted:

Can you set Custom Music to each attack?

Apparently not.

• Locked thread