Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

I guess! It's no continuous movement that's for sure. I just used it to get any skill points where the boss flees.

I pretty much use continuous movement or z-chip bonus (no good reason for this last one).

The thing that is easy to miss about Maximum Break is that it breaks all barriers and defensive bonuses, which makes it absolutely hilarious against, say, a certain early-game shithead who uses a Lambda Driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.
My copy shipped today! Soon, I will be able to partake in the ridiculousness!

I need my Stoner Sunshine fix so badly, I can taste it.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I've been reading some things on the story

It seems like after the new dimensional shift a lot of characters forgot people from the series that aren't around anymore.

I'm curious to see where the story is going.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

The thing that is easy to miss about Maximum Break is that it breaks all barriers and defensive bonuses, which makes it absolutely hilarious against, say, a certain early-game shithead who uses a Lambda Driver.
Yeah I just ran into this and had a feeling it would do this.

I'm also starting to feel z-chip bonus is better used on grunts and pp-bonus is better used on bosses. The bosses don't seem to give much more z-chips.

Some of the z-chip items feel so far away, but I guess it makes sense considering some of them are straight up pilot skills it seems?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Yeah I just ran into this and had a feeling it would do this.

I'm also starting to feel z-chip bonus is better used on grunts and pp-bonus is better used on bosses. The bosses don't seem to give much more z-chips.

Some of the z-chip items feel so far away, but I guess it makes sense considering some of them are straight up pilot skills it seems?

Yeah, but a lot of 'em have to be unlocked anyway. I've only got the first page completed so far.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
So for the DLC, I was having a bit of a time figuring out what buttons did what but I think I got it downloaded. It seemed to download both Vita and PS3 if you hit a button to the left and didn't specify which, is that accurate? I ask only because I don't want to have mistakenly downloaded only the vita files.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Levantine posted:

So for the DLC, I was having a bit of a time figuring out what buttons did what but I think I got it downloaded. It seemed to download both Vita and PS3 if you hit a button to the left and didn't specify which, is that accurate? I ask only because I don't want to have mistakenly downloaded only the vita files.

In general, the PS3 and Vita files are the exact same download, playable on both.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
So I found the PS3 version on the PSN after some searching and it seems to be listed as a Disc Only release. This is probably why people have had to back-track to it from the DLC entries. You can still purchase and download it from the PSN just fine, but I'm guessing someone somewhere forgot to switch the Disc/DL tag.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Charles Get-Out posted:

So I found the PS3 version on the PSN after some searching and it seems to be listed as a Disc Only release. This is probably why people have had to back-track to it from the DLC entries. You can still purchase and download it from the PSN just fine, but I'm guessing someone somewhere forgot to switch the Disc/DL tag.

That's weird. When I got it it was just there. I didn't have to backtrack anything.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Rascyc posted:

So is Hibiki's gimmick just saying constant engrish catch phrases?

Not my match!
Feel good!
Nice one!
Well done!
Cloud 9!

etc he kind of never stops

You missed the best one.

"Cool as hell!"

His gimmick is that he is a dumb kid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I love that SRW puts me in the position to go "Amuro, you take Riddhe's Knockoff Zeta Gundam, Kamille, you get Amuro's Knockoff Zeta Gundam. Katz, you get Kamille's Knockoff Zeta Gundam. Riddhe, you get to keep your old Knockoff Zeta Gundam. I may change this when I get an actual Zeta Gundam."

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It's Zetas all the way down in Z3. And hopefully that goes double for Z3.2.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Okay, that is hilarious. I too wish for doubling the Zetas in 3.2.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

So far my favorite thing is having real Kamille shoot down knock off CCA Kamille in a knockoff Zeta.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
I was a little concerned about animations for returning characters just being literal copy-pastes from Z2, but then I saw Orguss. :allears:

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Brunom1 posted:

More BGMs incoming:

FUMOFUUUUUUUUUU!

This isn't really a thing to complain about, but "Tokkou Yarou" comes from the Japanese title of the A-Team. Trying to translate it directly kind of misses the reference.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Hokuto posted:

This isn't really a thing to complain about, but "Tokkou Yarou" comes from the Japanese title of the A-Team. Trying to translate it directly kind of misses the reference.

Hmm, I didn't know that...

I suppose I could translate it as "Elite Soldier?" to get it closer to that but I can't think of any way to translate 特攻野郎 into something that directly references the A-Team...

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Brunom1 posted:

I suppose I could translate it as "Elite Soldier?" to get it closer to that but I can't think of any way to translate 特攻野郎 into something that directly references the A-Team...

How about just calling it 'The A-Team?'

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Brunom1 posted:

'Crack Commando' is a phrase the A-Team intro uses.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Endorph posted:

'Crack Commando' is a phrase the A-Team intro uses.

Ah, that's perfect - already changed it!

:hfive:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus. Stage 14 is the stage where they give you ALL the candy.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BlitzBlast posted:

And no Roux to pilot at least one of them...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Mercury Crusader posted:

I was a little concerned about animations for returning characters just being literal copy-pastes from Z2, but then I saw Orguss. :allears:

Yeah, it seems they actually put in a decent effort at reanimating and updating stuff for every returning series... Except Dancouga Nova, for some reason. It's really jarringly bad compared to everything else in the game, which is a shame because I really like Dancouga.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Mercury Crusader posted:

Wait does Kei get Mome as a subpilot now?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, Kaname and Sousuke have some GREAT portraits. I'd be disappointed if it was any less.

I can't wait to see Melissa Mao and Misato meet up, they have so much in common. Speaking of her...

Lostconfused posted:

You missed the best one.

"Cool as hell!"

His gimmick is that he is a dumb kid.
It's better than Denzel and Setsuko's "have a go!" from Z1. Speaking of Denzel, he struck me immediately as pretty much a dead ringer for Melissa, but I guess they won't ever meet...

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ah so you have to pretty much visit the D Trader after every map. I missed out on the 1000 Z Chips when it first opens up, but you get some kind of event and bonus after every map I guess.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Has anyone translated the D-Trader stuff yet?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

KoB posted:

Has anyone translated the D-Trader stuff yet?

A lot of it is locked so it has to be unlocked before it can even be translated.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Well you can read the descriptions before the item name unlocks for some reason, at least I think you can from what I can recall

Looks like ignore size was changed too if this gfaqs poster is correct

quote:

For each level of Ignore Size, Damage modifications due to Size is reduced by one Size (so, with L1 Ignore Size, a size M will damage a size L the same as a size M and damage an LL the same as a size L)

Levantine posted:

There's an in game menu for this too. It looks like they're planning on releasing like 20 DLC missions or something insane like that.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Apr 11, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Well you can read the descriptions before the item name unlocks for some reason, at least I think you can from what I can recall

Maybe I missed it but it looked like it was the unlock requirements, not the item description. I'll check later when I'm at my system.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Oh. That would make more sense, hah.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I played some of SRW1HD, did anyone else? I didn't realize that there were no pilots in that game, it's just robots. Also when your robots get blown up they're gone forever. I guess it has no story to speak of either. I guess it's good as a curiosity, at least.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
There's a special kind of misery when you realize that you just begged for a video game from goddamn /m/ of all places.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Rascyc posted:

There's an in game menu for this too. It looks like they're planning on releasing like 20 DLC missions or something insane like that.

Ah, alright. I don't have my copy of the game yet but I did get my digital code so I was trying to do some housekeeping before the disc arrives. Was not expecting that much DLC though!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

The DLC missions appear to be already up. I got two free and neither is particularly impressive. They're basically gimmick missions where you get pre-defined units that can't power up/level up and fight easy enemies with a little plot. There's one that explains why Chirico was working with Mythril and such but they appear to be mostly there for some tiny extra plot + free items.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Just got the game too, and does anyone else find the FMP units' animation kinda janky? It's like they're stiff or missing frames or something.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Pureauthor posted:

Just got the game too, and does anyone else find the FMP units' animation kinda janky? It's like they're stiff or missing frames or something.

That's basically the biggest complaint with the game as far as I can tell.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played some of SRW1HD, did anyone else? I didn't realize that there were no pilots in that game, it's just robots. Also when your robots get blown up they're gone forever. I guess it has no story to speak of either. I guess it's good as a curiosity, at least.

Yeah, SRW1 was super simplistic, it was basically "Oh no, evil has taken over our robots!" Then you pick a team and make up the rest of the story.

Pureauthor posted:

They do look pretty stiff, when I saw them I thought "Oh, of course they don't look flashy, Sousuke's a professional."

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
It makes sense to me when you see the Venom's lambda driver attack. What doesn't make sense is what's going on with the Arbalest and its lambda driver, or lack of it doing anything with the attacks. It's just another power up at the moment I'm at. I assume that'll change though since the best attack on the Arbalest is an ALL attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
FMP Unit animations have always been awkward in all SRW's in my opinion though, maybe its a choice by the design team.

• Locked thread