Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
Considering the animations for basically all the UC units, I highly doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
The BGM's in this game are just too much. Gunbuster with TTGL music is pretty much the :worship:. Jsut started playing and already decided the Original, TTGL, Gunbuster, Shin Getter and Big O will be my Top aces...FUB'ing them asap.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Eternal Volfogg posted:

The BGM's in this game are just too much. Gunbuster with TTGL music is pretty much the :worship:. Jsut started playing and already decided the Original, TTGL, Gunbuster, Shin Getter and Big O will be my Top aces...FUB'ing them asap.

Has anyone uploaded the Gunbuster attack music/animations? I'm assuming it's got Fly High.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Figuring out new SRT games is always fun. I've started a spreadsheet like I have for the other games here, if it'll help anyone. Some miscellaneous observations as of Stage 2:

-I didn't recognize the FMP units at first because I'm so used to their SD sprites. Made me feel bad.

-The Kurz's and Mao's long range attacks are now (P). Hoorah!

-Accuracy and Evade stats seem to be a lot lower across the board, with everyone right now having <100 in both.

-There's a new skill called サポートーアタック (Support Attack), so we'll need to figure out something else to call the old Support Attack/Defense skills.

-Pilots have 5 Spirits, like in Z1.

-Someone else mentioned this, but the Pilot Skill Size Ignore has levels now. Probably doesn't affect weapons that have that attribute, though.

-Not too many new skills to buy. They removed Blocking, so Swords and Shields probably activate automatically now. There's a new skill ハーフカット (Half Cut) that looks like it improves the chances of a sword activating?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hivac posted:

Considering the animations for basically all the UC units, I highly doubt it.
What do you mean? They've always done stylistic decisions like that before. Xabungle, GodMars, etc. FMP was never flashy for an anime either to be quite honest.

Taran_Wanderer posted:

-The Kurz's and Mao's long range attacks are now (P). Hoorah!
That's the ECS system at work actually.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Eh, I just feel like stuff like the Zeta and Nu have way more detailed animations than anything else I've seen so far. There's probably some other stuff but I can't afford the game so I've just been going off really laggy streams.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
It was clear from the moment we saw the trailers that all the work went into the Gundam animations. Except Unicorn's, oddly enough. Or maybe Destroy Mode will surprise me.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

It was clear from the moment we saw the trailers that all the work went into the Gundam animations. Except Unicorn's, oddly enough. Or maybe Destroy Mode will surprise me.

I'm just a bit disappointed that the FMP units seemed to get panned overall. I'm a really big fan of the designs and it kinda sucks that they don't really look that great.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Taran_Wanderer posted:

-Not too many new skills to buy. They removed Blocking, so Swords and Shields probably activate automatically now. There's a new skill ハーフカット (Half Cut) that looks like it improves the chances of a sword activating?

My copy isn't here yet, but I was told Half Cut halved the damage if the incoming hit rate was under 30%.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Hivac posted:

Eh, I just feel like stuff like the Zeta and Nu have way more detailed animations than anything else I've seen so far. There's probably some other stuff but I can't afford the game so I've just been going off really laggy streams.
There's quite a lot of boredom in the Zeta/CCA/UC units.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

The wiki still doesn't have translated mission objectives for the later part of 2nd OG. I was hoping to finish it before starting Z3.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
As soon as I get my Sazabi, i will immediate change Char's BGM to the Attack on Titan S1 Opening. No possible way it could be boring then.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

I was gonna go for "Here Comes Char" but to each their own man.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Portable Staplefrog posted:

The wiki still doesn't have translated mission objectives for the later part of 2nd OG. I was hoping to finish it before starting Z3.

Are you stuck on something? 90% of them are just "Kill everything."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sousuke's lambda animations looked pretty drat good in W.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVzWTbVdT_Q

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

TheManSeries posted:

Fair Enough, also a solid choice. I did change the Originals theme (despite me loving it) to Roar, O One Who Break Supremacy. I'm hoping if I put it out into the universe enough we will see the Shura bots back for OGs3.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

KoB posted:

Are you stuck on something? 90% of them are just "Kill everything."

I forgot where I got stuck, but it was not a kill everything. Will check later today.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Stage 57 Spoilers:

Char vs Full Frontal slapfight!

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

The only really weird later objective I can think of is the Jinrai one where you have to lure it into the box and get at least pls(?)/5 on it.

edit: vvv also that.

Reco fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 11, 2014

KoB
May 1, 2009
e: or that^^^^^

Portable Staplefrog posted:

I forgot where I got stuck, but it was not a kill everything. Will check later today.

If its one of the ones with Raioh, lower his health and surround him.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Hivac posted:

The only really weird later objective I can think of is the Jinrai one where you have to lure it into the box and get at least pls(?)/5 on it.

The one mission that got me was the one where the Phoenix transforms into the Turtle robot and just hangs out for a few turns and then the mission ends. I kept killing him and the mission would just not end. The wait for him to disappear was so long I had to look it up online because I thought I was doing something wrong.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Ethiser posted:

The one mission that got me was the one where the Phoenix transforms into the Turtle robot and just hangs out for a few turns and then the mission ends. I kept killing him and the mission would just not end. The wait for him to disappear was so long I had to look it up online because I thought I was doing something wrong.

And then Perfectio happens at the end of the game. :suicide:

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
It just dawned on me....I can replace every BGM with a different JAM project song....oh gently caress.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Kaname Chidori always was the most easily bored anime schoolgirl ever. Three months after the entire world was altered, yet again, by dimension quakes, she is like "I'm so boooored why isn't anything happening?" She reminds me of the description of Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket.

She's never going to actually be a pilot, is she...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

TheManSeries posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldwcWT-oWVM

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Someone posted a Nico video with several final attacks.

And, yes, Sousuke does get a Lambda Driver attack and it is glorious.

Edit: Holy crap, however says this game has lovely animation was talking out of their rear end - these attacks are amazing (Chiricooooooooo)!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 11, 2014

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Welp. That sure is getting added, yes sir.

Giving the FMP units SCRAMBLE from Patlabor may have been one of my better ideas.

SethSeries fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 11, 2014

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

Samurai Sanders posted:

She could probably take out a few terrorists with a paper fan.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Daler Mehndi posted:

She could probably take out a few terrorists with a paper fan.
I was thinking more along the lines of that one episode in season 2 where she becomes extremely self-motivated in Sousuke's absence.

That show definitely had its moments.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Samurai Sanders posted:

Kaname Chidori always was the most easily bored anime schoolgirl ever. Three months after the entire world was altered, yet again, by dimension quakes, she is like "I'm so boooored why isn't anything happening?" She reminds me of the description of Animal Mother in Full Metal Jacket.

If it follows the anime then no. She's basically a human database for lost technology.

Oh I guess you have watched it, hah. Yeah I dislike her as a character too.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Rascyc posted:

If it follows the anime then no. She's basically a human database for lost technology.

Oh I guess you have watched it, hah. Yeah I dislike her as a character too.

Since it's in the Z series, I'm going to guess Whisperers tie into the Black Knowledge.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Man, I am just consistently thrown off by the startup time on attack animations when I watch footage. It's going to be a while before I can actually get the game but it seems like it would be so annoying during gameplay.

Also, any sign of Beyond the Time in the game so far?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

Also, any sign of Beyond the Time in the game so far?

It's in.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Brunom1 posted:

Edit: Holy crap, however says this game has lovely animation was talking out of their rear end - these attacks are amazing (Chiricooooooooo)!

Oh my god, that Chirico attack.

Yaaaaay

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

I came for the animation, I stayed for the custom BGMs.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

I really do like most of these, but it's things like the Arbalest doing that walk that is basically two frames per step that bugs me.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Oh Snapple! posted:

Oh my god, that Chirico attack.

That man gives no fucks. :black101:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The man called M posted:

That man gives no fucks. :black101:
There are no fucks to give when you're driving around in a tin can while everyone else has some kind of magic nuclear plasma robot.

Portable Staplefrog
May 21, 2007

It looks like I left off on the one after that Jinrai one. 50 is a kill everything mission, so I guess I just got bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Daler Mehndi posted:

I came for the animation, I stayed for the custom BGMs.

Holy poo poo yeah. Anyone know what the song playing during 00/Unicorn attacks was? DAT STONER SUNSHINE THO :swoon:

• Locked thread