Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Brunom1 posted:

Someone posted a Nico video with several final attacks.

And, yes, Sousuke does get a Lambda Driver attack and it is glorious.

Edit: Holy crap, however says this game has lovely animation was talking out of their rear end - these attacks are amazing (Chiricooooooooo)!

That Destiny final attack. :allears: I'm just a bit bummed that some of the dynamic kills in it are missing since the first partner doesn't kill the unit. Also jesus christ that Fin Funnel attack.

Actually Chirico's was my favorite. Open the cockpit more often please. :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Kitfox88 posted:

That Destiny final attack. :allears: I'm just a bit bummed that some of the dynamic kills in it are missing since the first partner doesn't kill the unit. Also jesus christ that Fin Funnel attack.

Actually Chirico's was my favorite. Open the cockpit more often please. :swoon:

The UC animations are just sick. Absolutely sick. Nu Gundam funnel attack will NEVER be skipped.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. Anyone know what the song playing during 00/Unicorn attacks was?
I think it's one of the Bleach openings, but I'm not sure which one.

EDIT: Or after going through all the Bleach OPs quickly, maybe not. It was definitely the opening to something.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 11, 2014

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

That video made me wonder since the Inazuma Kick in the video wasn't super, is Kazumi even in this game?

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

The man called M posted:

That video made me wonder since the Inazuma Kick in the video wasn't super, is Kazumi even in this game

It's just Noriko - I don't think any other Gunbuster character appears in this one.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

I think it's one of the Bleach openings, but I'm not sure which one.

EDIT: Or after going through all the Bleach OPs quickly, maybe not. It was definitely the opening to something.
Okay after further analysis I can tell you the following:

It's definitely a song by UVERworld.

I'm 99% sure it was the opening to something.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Endorph posted:

Okay after further analysis I can tell you the following:

It's definitely a song by UVERworld.

I'm 99% sure it was the opening to something.

Guess ill listen to every Uverworld song again....not that I mind. See if we can discover the mystery.

I am really pumped that they avoided ending the battle vs. the Anti-spirals. It gives us TTGL's uber forms just flying about for a while, so good. I am wondering what they might do to change the ending? Nia lives? Kittan doesnt die? if you think about it, with things like Gunbuster, they should be able to just bust through that spiral energy trap without a second thought.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Apr 11, 2014

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Holy poo poo yeah. Anyone know what the song playing during 00/Unicorn attacks was? DAT STONER SUNSHINE THO :swoon:

It's CHANGE, isn't it?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Mandoric posted:

It's CHANGE, isn't it?

YES. Thank you sir.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

That loving Scopedog attack hahahahahaha. Son of a bitch I've grown fond of Chirico recently.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Here's the TTGL all-attack video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsDKOj6n-Os

:staredog:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Mandoric posted:

It's CHANGE, isn't it?
poo poo, I saw that in the niconico comments but for some reason I thought they were referencing the Bleach OP. That sounds nothing like that. :v:

Ah well, at least we've solved the mystery.

EDIT: Does GL get fifteen subpilots, or is it just Viral and Simon with the others existing just in voice clips and cut-ins?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Yeah... I guess I'll say that this makes up for the fact I don't get any 00 gundam stuff until past the halfway point.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Endorph posted:

poo poo, I saw that in the niconico comments but for some reason I thought they were referencing the Bleach OP. That sounds nothing like that. :v:

EDIT: Does GL get fifteen subpilots, or is it just Viral and Simon with the others existing just in voice clips and cut-ins?

The website listed five (Simon, Viral, Lord Genome, Leeron and Dayakka, IIRC).

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

:staredog: is the only acceptable reaction to that.

Holy poo poo...

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

I love how TTGL only actually attacks in the weakest attack it has.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Brunom1 posted:

:staredog: is the only acceptable reaction to that.

Holy poo poo...

:staredog: I don't even......it's everything I dreamed.....those last two attacks....:pray: Thank you Banpresto.

If they get the whole band back together for Z3.2 and we get to run around with nonsense like this. It will be Alpha 3 all over again.... and my body is ready!

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Apr 11, 2014

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012

And people were saying that we would never get it. :allears:

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

TARDISman posted:

That loving Scopedog attack hahahahahaha. Son of a bitch I've grown fond of Chirico recently.

Right now, that attack, along with the big Orguss attack, are competing for my top favorite attack animations in SRW.

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Endorph posted:

Someday, SOMEDAY they will give us Dairugger XV/vehicle Voltron and it will be glorious.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

That team attack is so good. Here's hoping they never get rid of that attack and keep Nia alive. I'm guessing that Z3.2 will have the multiple Gurren Laagan drill attack as it's final attack.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Figuring out new SRT games is always fun. I've started a spreadsheet like I have for the other games here, if it'll help anyone. Some miscellaneous observations as of Stage 2:

-I didn't recognize the FMP units at first because I'm so used to their SD sprites. Made me feel bad.

-The Kurz's and Mao's long range attacks are now (P). Hoorah!

-Accuracy and Evade stats seem to be a lot lower across the board, with everyone right now having <100 in both.

-There's a new skill called サポートーアタック (Support Attack), so we'll need to figure out something else to call the old Support Attack/Defense skills.

-Pilots have 5 Spirits, like in Z1.

-Someone else mentioned this, but the Pilot Skill Size Ignore has levels now. Probably doesn't affect weapons that have that attribute, though.

-Not too many new skills to buy. They removed Blocking, so Swords and Shields probably activate automatically now. There's a new skill ハーフカット (Half Cut) that looks like it improves the chances of a sword activating?

That's super useful for me, thanks!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Embed this at the top of the OP and on the top of every page, thanks in advance:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I know you can insert your own songs for Z3 stuff, but did they actually put in Pierce The Heavens With Your Drill! as the music? Because holy poo poo that just makes everything even better.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Monathin posted:

I know you can insert your own songs for Z3 stuff, but did they actually put in Pierce The Heavens With Your Drill! as the music? Because holy poo poo that just makes everything even better.

Yeah thats the actual game track, not a custom one. Its in there :)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Yeah thats the actual game track, not a custom one. Its in there :)

Words cannot actually convey how hard that owns.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I hope Noriko hangs out with Ryouma some between games because I'm really missing her Alpha 3 yells there.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, that Scopedog final attack is the best.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

In case anyone is curious, here are the D-items I've gotten so far beyond the basically free ones:

"Love can be used once a map" (Get over 2000 Z-Chips)

"At 130 morale, damage is boosted to 1.2 times." (get a MAX combo gauge)

"Gives equipped unit Repair/Resupply" (Get all three types of repair items)

"Sword Cut rate 100%, ignore successive damage adjustment" (Friendly unit below 20% HP)

This one I'm iffy on my translation of but: "HP Damage % divided by 3 added to attack damage." (Ace a single unit.)

"Attack Damage +300, ignore barriers and size" (Do over 15,000 damage with a single attack.)

"EN Restored at start of turn" (Kill five units with a single MAP)

"Bunshin, D-Fault and Jammer added to unit." (Custom-boost 5 units.)

Movement +4, ignore Terrain. (A pilot gets more than 500 PP)

I'd try to translate the names but I *always* get that poo poo wrong.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is Max combo gauge just the +5 level on combos?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

Is Max combo gauge just the +5 level on combos?

Yes, it says "max" when you do it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Mercury Crusader posted:

Embed this at the top of the OP and on the top of every page, thanks in advance:

I second this motion.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
That TTGL video. God loving drat.

edit: now give me all the eva attacks, angels included :colbert:

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The best :black101: crossover event.

Ryoma shoots Simon with Getter Beam to give him a power boost needed to combine into the Chouginga Gurren Lagann

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Someone on the staff really, really, really loving likes Kallen. Jesus, that Endless Waltz stage.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Someone on the staff really, really, really loving likes Kallen. Jesus, that Endless Waltz stage.

That wasn't apparent already?

It's not even just Kallen, though she's the most blatantly insane. Zero was very nearly as broken in Z2.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Dr Pepper posted:

The best :black101: crossover event.

Ryoma shoots Simon with Getter Beam to give him a power boost needed to combine into the Chouginga Gurren Lagann

:stare: There's no way this is real.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Broken Loose posted:

:stare: There's no way this is real.

Nope, it is. I saw it happen on a stream of the game.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Silly game. You think Riddhe is gonna get the cool Zeta ripoff while Kamille gets the Methus ripoff. Think again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ethiser posted:

Silly game. You think Riddhe is gonna get the cool Zeta ripoff while Kamille gets the Methus ripoff. Think again.

The Delta Plus is actually a Hyaku Shiki ripoff. :eng101: If you compare the Delta to the Hyaku Shiki side-by-side they're basically identical except the Delta is a little fancier and doesn't have the anti-beam bling paint.

• Locked thread