Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

zgrowler2 posted:

If you expect the G3 to spawn, don't. Apathy ups your chances.

This is true, but really the fastest way to get any invader to show up is to hop into a solo mission with a new warframe and new weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

zgrowler2 posted:

If you expect the G3 to spawn, don't. Apathy ups your chances.

I saw them for the first time yesterday while grinding beacons with some goons. I had the mark for months without ever seeing them and suddenly we get them two missions in a row.

Bear in the Woods
Jun 1, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

I saw them for the first time yesterday while grinding beacons with some goons. I had the mark for months without ever seeing them and suddenly we get them two missions in a row.

I might've been in that group, they can be a challenge for a group of 4 Nekros. Hadn't seen them at all until then and then suddenly two back to back appearances.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Yeah but if you could manage to kill them with 4 Nekroses...dear god.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MF1KbxHWZg

Androc
Dec 26, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

If you time it right you can stagger enemies that try to melee you and trigger a finisher.

I've been trying to do this but haven't figured it out, any tips?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Hey sorry dudes who were farming Oxy with me, no clue why suddenly all I could do was talk in chat and couldn't click or do anything else. Game is repairing now so I guess it was something on my end.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
So I was apprehensive on the new stuff. Initial reports on Melee 2.0 felt like SWG's Combat Upgrade. But I had level 28 Dual Skanas I needed to finish off so I took a survival, stayed in melee form. 90,000 XP later in a 30 minute game and over 600 Grineer kills, I'm liking it, a lot.

Second Wind has a real, visceral purpose. I am going to be slotting that. The fact that I can chain melee attacks together with Bladestorm and continue chopping grineer into meat is absolutely fabulous. Getting melee killchains above 30 is absolutely satisfying.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Anyone know why the stalker targeted me despite me not being tagged by him? Not that it matters since our team killed him and all. Just legitimately curious.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
If anyone wants to see hwat our solar rail looks like, go to Dojo > Oroking Lab > Open Shutters panel

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Vriess posted:

The fact that I can chain melee attacks together with Bladestorm and continue chopping grineer into meat is absolutely fabulous. Getting melee killchains above 30 is absolutely satisfying.

It's great, and theoretically makes Ash one of the better DPS frames when coupled with a high combo multiplier.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012
This guy.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I want to see the look on the face of his daughter when she gets older and asks her dad what the symbol around her name means. Oh that? That's the F2P game i played a decade ago, it was a rather fun little time waster... also I think videogames are at least as important as my you. :shepface:

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

seiferguy posted:

Anyone know why the stalker targeted me despite me not being tagged by him? Not that it matters since our team killed him and all. Just legitimately curious.
For the same reason I have a decaying dragon key that re-equips itself whenever I start up the game despite being taken off and/or replaced - because DE are literal loving retarded monkeys randomly slamming keys on a keyboard.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

seiferguy posted:

Sometimes he'll dual-target. I was in a Void mission where he didn't send me any message, but he turned on and kills me after killing the guy with me. I thought it was over or else I would have kept shooting, so good on the Stalker for keeping me on my toes.

Passburger
May 4, 2013
edit

Passburger fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Sep 21, 2016

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This is true, but really the fastest way to get any invader to show up is to hop into a solo mission with a new warframe and new weapons.

This is the truth. That or taking a break longer twenty-four hours is also pretty good. I swear, every time I stop playing Warframe for longer than a weekend, Stalker gets mad when I come back and drops in to show his disapproval at my disloyalty to the RNG Gods by making GBS threads Slash Dashes out.

In some older news: Hydroid, really?

:negative:

A literally terrible naming decision.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Here's a question for you guys, do you ever sell weapons? or do the goons playing since like, early open beta have one thousand odd slots?

EroticBlacksmith
May 13, 2010

troublegum posted:

This is the truth. That or taking a break longer twenty-four hours is also pretty good. I swear, every time I stop playing Warframe for longer than a weekend, Stalker gets mad when I come back and drops in to show his disapproval at my disloyalty to the RNG Gods by making GBS threads Slash Dashes out.

Good news! Stalker no longer drops slash dash.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I've sold all the regular versions of prime weapons, and a hundred shity melee weapons.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

troublegum posted:

In some older news: Hydroid, really?

:negative:

A literally terrible naming decision.

They should've called it Hydrazord.
"It's morphin' time!" *becomes puddle*

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

Or just went full Killer Instinct and gave us Glacius

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Flipswitch posted:

Here's a question for you guys, do you ever sell weapons? or do the goons playing since like, early open beta have one thousand odd slots?

I have like... 60 weapons total, I think. I sell anything I think was unfun/lovely and keep Good, Fun Guns.

Like the MK1.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

I have like... 60 weapons total, I think. I sell anything I think was unfun/lovely and keep Good, Fun Guns.

Like the MK1.
Fair. I've got about 50 odd weapons at the moment and I'm thinking of selling a few sets once they're maxed, some of these weapons are a bit dull.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Thanks to those lovely delta beacons (or lack of), I'm now swimming in orokin cells :v:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Flipswitch posted:

I ended up throwing $50 at this game at one point when I got a big plat coupon, got thousands of plat, and bought myself a fuckton of slots. I keep everything that's not overtly bad.

There's a lot of weapons in this game that are neither an obvious standout winner, nor total junk. (Usually, weapons in this middle ground have some hilarious gimmick builds too -- i.e. Nova doing Antimatter Drop with a fast-firing Flux Rifle, or a Torid with every multishot mod on it, or throwing every Corrupted mod with -firerate onto a Grakata and turning it into a slow-firing sniper, or a 100% status chance Tysis.)

Plus, DE has a tendency to revisit weapons in this area and bump them up, especially if they're Clan tech. For ex, Ignis used to be a bad joke when it was first introduced, and then it got turned into a murder machine.

So, unless I absolutely can't stand it, I keep it.

(e: Specifically, of the weapons I've used so far, the only weapons I've thrown away after leveling to 30 are Strun and Sicarus. I'd throw away Ballistica, as it was terrible to grind to 30, but I feel bad after spending so much resources to build it; ditto for Vulkar and Miter.)

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 11, 2014

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I keep everything that's interesting or hard to obtain.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

I mentioned this in chat earlier but I figured I should post about this mod I found as well.

Right now it's only obtained through transmutation, but you can heal yourself when you do a channeled melee strike. This is the kind of mod I want DE to make, it changes the ways you can use various systems. You could have a 100% channeling efficiency setup and do some nice damage, or you could use it to heal yourself and focus on regular attacks because you might need the Warframe energy elsewhere. when you don't need healing. I also found one that raises crit rate when channeling, but that's kind of a joke by comparison.

I need to spam some void missions and get more credits, there seem to be other mods that don't drop normally out there that came out with U13. It baffles me that DE put in these things and then made them really hard to get. Why? :psyduck:

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Azzanadra posted:

I mentioned this in chat earlier but I figured I should post about this mod I found as well.

Right now it's only obtained through transmutation, but you can heal yourself when you do a channeled melee strike. This is the kind of mod I want DE to make, it changes the ways you can use various systems. You could have a 100% channeling efficiency setup and do some nice damage, or you could use it to heal yourself and focus on regular attacks because you might need the Warframe energy elsewhere. when you don't need healing. I also found one that raises crit rate when channeling, but that's kind of a joke by comparison.

I need to spam some void missions and get more credits, there seem to be other mods that don't drop normally out there that came out with U13. It baffles me that DE put in these things and then made them really hard to get. Why? :psyduck:

My guess is that Dark Sector Defense and Dark Sector Survival have their own reward tables and these mods are on them.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Because the entire progression system needs to be the next thing to get a 2.0, basically.

Also do we have numbers yet on the damage numbers of top-tier melee setups? In my dreams it will actually be higher than the top-tier guns to make up for the risk of getting and staying in melee without dying, but somehow I just know it won't be the case.

NullDragon
Jun 22, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

I've found that I'm immune to knockdown if I'm in the middle of a melee attack anyway.

Certain weapons are immune to knockdown when attacking. Dual Ichor's in particular, properly timed attacks will ignore knockdown, including scorpion pulls and heavy gunner knockdown.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

NullDragon posted:

Certain weapons are immune to knockdown when attacking. Dual Ichor's in particular, properly timed attacks will ignore knockdown, including scorpion pulls and heavy gunner knockdown.

More specifically, this is a property of the move set (Dual Swords) and applies to any other weapons that use that move set.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

SilentW posted:

More specifically, this is a property of the move set (Dual Swords) and applies to any other weapons that use that move set.

Single swords using Iron Phoenix have ignored knockdown for me, too. It seems that any of the "special" attacks in the combo (usually combo finishers) grant knockdown ignorance.

troublegum
Mar 31, 2013

EroticBlacksmith posted:

Good news! Stalker no longer drops slash dash.

Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten that they fixed that last patch/update/whatever. I started out mashing my face against the Void for Rhino Prime when it released and then sorta lost interest again and slipped back into my cycle of logging in for potato/forma alerts until Dex Furis appeared and lured me back briefly from the lands of DNDgoonery. And, of course, new 'frame and Solar rails is just like a hook in the mouth of masochistic trout.

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

This would've been perfectly reasonable. And suited the colour scheme, too! I know most of the griping about Hydroid happened several pages back, but goddamn it's a terrible name.

Flipswitch posted:

Slots are pretty much what I spend plat on. I got a 75% off coupon once plus the Steam sale that gave 75% off the starter pack and haven't bought any plat since. I'm really loath to sell any Clantech because Formas and 'expense,' but pretty much the only non-prime/non-clan guns I've kept have been Soma and Boltor. Though I will cling to Miter forever in the forlorn hope that DE one day makes it not poo poo. :lol:

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I just call the new frame SpaceNinja-Cthulhu :shrug:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Squidframe. :colbert:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I've spent so much plat on slots. It's pretty much only that and potatoes if I don't have them. That and split chamber, but I have yet to find that in the wild :(

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

seiferguy posted:

I've spent so much plat on slots. It's pretty much only that and potatoes if I don't have them. That and split chamber, but I have yet to find that in the wild :(

Ask in clan chat. Most everyone keeps spares of the damage and multishot mods around to give away.

Or just piss off G3. They drop multishots like mad.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe

seiferguy posted:

Swear to god Ive given like half you jerks your Split Chambers. Do you have one now or do I need to go get another one?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about when it comes to combos. Swirling Tiger is so much fun. I mean, it's not like 100% game changing, it's still pretty much the same melee feel and everything, and I'm kind of convinced their purpose is to help build larger combos and provide multi-hit scenarios for melee weapons so they can compete with guns, but holy poo poo after finally getting swirling tiger for the zorens I'm a carnage machine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

seiferguy posted:

I may have an extra one. I'll be home in an hour or so. All I want for it is one wish.