Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The Delta Plus' heritage is a long and twisted one,

but as you can see it's both a Zeta and a Hyaku Shiki ripoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

The Delta Plus is actually a Hyaku Shiki ripoff. :eng101: If you compare the Delta to the Hyaku Shiki side-by-side they're basically identical except the Delta is a little fancier and doesn't have the anti-beam bling paint.

Good point. Looking into it I wish they had the balls to just not give Kamille the Zeta but the Gundam Delta Kai instead. Its got fin funnels and fills the same role as the Zeta.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

BlitzBlast posted:

The Delta Plus' heritage is a long and twisted one,

but as you can see it's both a Zeta and a Hyaku Shiki ripoff.
A Zeta Plus model was one of the only Gundam models I ever made, that thing is badass.

edit: has it ever shown up in SRW? Not that I'm requesting another Zeta variant or anything.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 12, 2014

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
One thing I can't get used to seeing with these new SRW games is the map being very...flat. My brain is too used to the isometric view of Alpha 3. :shobon:

Speaking of Alpha 3, finished the first few missions and man, soooooo many menus to remember.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Ethiser posted:

Good point. Looking into it I wish they had the balls to just not give Kamille the Zeta but the Gundam Delta Kai instead. Its got fin funnels and fills the same role as the Zeta.

If they did we wouldn't have the Zeta's awesome new Biosensor animations, so screw that.

It took them like a bajillion games but they finally got the biosensor aura to look right!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I can't get enough of how cool the tag tension system is. I'm actually thinking about how I want to use my tag tension, how I want to generate it, on whom I want to generate it. Do I want to slingshot past these enemies to get to the timed boss with multi-action and gamble that I won't be able to kill it without Maximum Breaks? Do I want to chance not having enough damage and save for double PP?

The game isn't really hard but I've *thought* more about my movements more than any SRW in recent memory so far. I've actually been holding off doing upgrades simply because I'm worried they'll snap this delightful interlude.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In one skit at the D-trader, they explained a bit about Suzune's uniform.

Suzune: What the hell is with that uniform anyway?
AG: Geneon automatically makes a uniform for its pilots based on their inner voice. Hibiki's turned into a badass warrior suit because that's what he was calling for inside. So, what did yours turn into?
Suzune: ...never mind.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Samurai Sanders posted:

In one skit at the D-trader, they explained a bit about Suzune's uniform.

Suzune: What the hell is with that uniform anyway?
AG: Geneon automatically makes a uniform for its pilots based on their inner voice. Hibiki's turned into a badass warrior suit because that's what he was calling for inside. So, what did yours turn into?
Suzune: ...never mind.

I heard that Suzune has something of a split personality (there was a picture with her speaking and her face was very different - with sort of a femme fatale grin).

I'm guessing she called for the outfit because shes starts manifesting when Suzune tags in as the sub-pilot).

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Samurai Sanders posted:

A Zeta Plus model was one of the only Gundam models I ever made, that thing is badass.

edit: has it ever shown up in SRW? Not that I'm requesting another Zeta variant or anything.

I'm pretty sure Zeta is the only suit that can challenge the Zaku 2 for the title of King of Variants. They're all pretty decent, but that's because they're all pretty much just the vanilla Zeta with new paint.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
In any SRW game with FMP in it, did the Tuatha de Danaan (FMP ship with a too long name) ever get the capability to fly, or is it always only a submarine?

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It only ever showed up on a few select water stages, so you never got the chance to upgrade or equip it or anything.

CornishGH
Dec 20, 2013

Samurai Sanders posted:

In any SRW game with FMP in it, did the Tuatha de Danaan (FMP ship with a too long name) ever get the capability to fly, or is it always only a submarine?

It apparently does in Z3, going by the Nicodouga streamer

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

I heard that Suzune has something of a split personality (there was a picture with her speaking and her face was very different - with sort of a femme fatale grin).

I'm guessing she called for the outfit because shes starts manifesting when Suzune tags in as the sub-pilot).

That's from the DLC mission.

So I've unlocked basically all the D-Trader parts and they are loving ridiculous.

My Guren Seiten currently regenerates all its EN every turn, does 1.2x damage at 130 morale (in addition to Kallen's own 1.1 ace bonus) and gains x2 money, PP and Z-Chips once it hits 150 morale.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm glad Banpresto saw how ridiculous the power curve was getting and decided to just make every map an exercise in killing things as smoothly as possible rather than buff the gently caress out of everything.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, some of the crossover stuff in this is fantastic, even for shows I dislike.

Jin manifesting his Element power in order to protect Shinji from the 7th Angel is really neat and not at all what I expected.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Remember when we learned Multi-Action was moved to needing to build up a gauge first we thought Banpresto was trying to balance the game?

Hahahahaha

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Remember when we learned Multi-Action was moved to needing to build up a gauge first we thought Banpresto was trying to balance the game?

Hahahahaha

Someone I know elsewhere got the game before I did and was talking about how restricting and unfair the new SP system was and when I got later in the game I'd see it. I don't know if we just play incredibly different ways or something but it couldn't be further from the truth.

That said it's still 'harder' than Z2 (faint praise as that is) and I imagine if you did no upgrade/no D-Trader runs it would be a legitimate challenge as opposed to Z2 letting you sleepwalk through even by default.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
My god this game has some good new portraits.

Also there's a angry new portrait for Emma that I can't help but think came from the "what if Kamille had lost it from the beginning" series (nws as gently caress audio if you work with anyone who speaks Japanese)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Someone I know elsewhere got the game before I did and was talking about how restricting and unfair the new SP system was and when I got later in the game I'd see it. I don't know if we just play incredibly different ways or something but it couldn't be further from the truth.

If you introduce any new system, no matter how well thought out, somebody somewhere is going to loudly complain about how terrible it is.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

My god this game has some good new portraits.

Also there's a angry new portrait for Emma that I can't help but think came from the "what if Kamille had lost it from the beginning" series (nws as gently caress audio if you work with anyone who speaks Japanese)

There are a billion new portraits. There are multiple portraits just for "Shinji and Asuka lie in the dark and talk."

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What's the BGM for the team attack? Because I really like it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I'm pretty sure it's an instrumental of Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana, the ending theme of the second Gurren Lagann movie.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

I'm pretty sure it's an instrumental of Namida no Tane, Egao no Hana, the ending theme of the second Gurren Lagann movie.

Sure sounds like it. Looking forward to when that BGM becomes readily available.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

It's not in the game, that's a custom BGM the recorder used. :v:

Sorairo days and Pierce the Heavens with Your XXX are the BGMs from GL in the game.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Oh. Right. You can do that now.

drat. That'll make finding the BGM harder.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

CornishGH posted:

It apparently does in Z3, going by the Nicodouga streamer

I want a picture of the flying submarine. I'm sure it won't be as good as the walking subs from Front Mission 3 but I'll take what I can get.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The most hilarious Ace Bonus.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Oh yeah...I forgot that Bonta-kun's pilot is Bonta-kun, not Sousuke. Fumo!

CornishGH
Dec 20, 2013

Prism posted:

I want a picture of the flying submarine. I'm sure it won't be as good as the walking subs from Front Mission 3 but I'll take what I can get.

It's apparently right up there in terms of hilarity, because all of its animations still have splashing water in them. Though it's actually kind of appropriate, because by the time you get it I think you're already into the Gurren Lagann crazy antispiral space ocean

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Okay, how did they do TTGL without leaving everyone else in the dust? (Which is what I thought was the reasoning for the original ending in Saisei Hen)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

The man called M posted:

Okay, how did they do TTGL without leaving everyone else in the dust? (Which is what I thought was the reasoning for the original ending in Saisei Hen)

EVERYONE is Size:Infinite for that mission.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
More D-Trader info's up on akurasu. Looks like fun. My spreadsheet is plodding along slowly, as well.

Does anyone know if Repair/Resupply/Barrier has an effect on an entire team like in Z1?

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I forget what Jamming does. Hyper Jamming is the Bunshin one, right?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

HitTheTargets posted:

I forget what Jamming does. Hyper Jamming is the Bunshin one, right?

Jamming gives +10% hit/evade to the unit and its partner. In this one, Hyper Jammer is a Deathscythe ability which provides it 30% afterimage at 130 morale or higher.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Well, I've seen the Genion GAI's attack reel and I take bad everything dismissive or bad I ever said about this machine.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Pureauthor posted:

Well, I've seen the Genion GAI's attack reel and I take bad everything dismissive or bad I ever said about this machine.

Is it a video somewhere? I haven't found an all weapons attack video for it on either youtube or nico.

vvvv Edit: drat, son...that's pretty hardcore!

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Apr 12, 2014

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

Is it a video somewhere? I haven't found an all weapons attack video for it on either youtube or nico.

SPOILERS for a major lategame antagonist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G45iE3NNiW8

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah I'm sold on this thing now. Hibiki's VA isn't very good at screaming though. Unless he's supposed to sound like he's in pain for his finisher?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

BlitzBlast posted:

Yeah I'm sold on this thing now. Hibiki's VA isn't very good at screaming though. Unless he's supposed to sound like he's in pain for his finisher?

First time he's activating the Quarreling Twins after stealing it from Geminia's pilot.

Edit: ニーベルング・アナイレーション Nibelung Annihilation?

ShiunTouya fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I still have no idea who his voice actor is. I did a google search and it turned up a name that led no where, so I assume it was a translation mistake.

• Locked thread