Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

RE5 is just a little more than 6 bucks on Xbox Live if anyone of you foolishly let go of your copy like I did. That's actually cheaper than a used copy from my local Gamestop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldenNugget
Mar 27, 2008
:dukedog:

Lunethex posted:

I was about to post something about a really old video.

Then I found this. Answer is yes :)

Thats on X-Box. I wish they'd just release it for PC. There's really no point for them not to.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Huh, my ears are bright red now. It is possible to 'model swap' on the 360 version I remember now from his oldest videos, they had tools on their website for it in the earliest stages of RE5 modding.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'd have assumed gamepad :downs:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!

GoldenNugget posted:

Thats on X-Box. I wish they'd just release it for PC. There's really no point for them not to.

If they did they'd need to also get someone to future-proof the game by removing GFWL. I think they'll just leave RE5 PC alone at this point, although I'd love to be proven wrong.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Some news about a Capcom reveal for E3 2014.

The worrisome thing about this is that it might be Xbox One exclusive.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lunethex posted:

Some news about a Capcom reveal for E3 2014.

The worrisome thing about this is that it might be Xbox One exclusive.

Capcom isn't that stupid, unless MS is funding the entire thing, its gonna be multiplat.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Alteisen posted:

Capcom isn't that stupid

This is Capcom we're talking about here. They don't have a great track record in "good decisions"

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Looks exactly like a RE2make. It said PS4.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Excels posted:

This is Capcom we're talking about here. They don't have a great track record in "good decisions"

True but they stand to make much more money with a multi platform game.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Alteisen posted:

True but they stand to make much more money with a multi platform game.

Even if it is an exclusive, that exclusivity won't last more than nine months.

I suppose they could be breaking the glass case in the headquarters that says "full HD RE2 remake."

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Could we please start with a REmake port. Kids these days don't know what REmake is.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wanderer posted:

Even if it is an exclusive, that exclusivity won't last more than nine months.

I suppose they could be breaking the glass case in the headquarters that says "full HD RE2 remake."

Does this glass make RE2 a good game or ?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Make a sequel to Resident Evil Outbreak.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

All I can say is I hope something ridiculous happens involving Chris and/or Jake.

Retcon RE3 and put Jake in there to arm wrestle Nemesis.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Barudak posted:

Does this glass make RE2 a good game or ?

RE2 was amazing for its time, you goddamned savage, and people have been asking for a 2.0 on it since the original game got the GameCube remake. It's similar to how the moment Square Enix thinks it's going under, they'll suddenly remake Final Fantasy VII.

It'd probably be "enough" just to slap together mission packs in what I assume would be the RE6 engine.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sort of torn on what I'd like more.

The idea of RE2 played as a balls-to-the-wall brawler where Claire and Leon kung-fu their way through Raccoon City is immensely appealing but there is a small part of me that would like to see if they could capture the less Final Fight feel of the older game like REmake did.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

Also I would accept no other voice actress for Claire besides Alyson Court. Replacing her with Monica Rial or whoever would be tantamount to heresy.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Scalding Coffee posted:

Yeah that screenshot from RE6 looks like an RE2 remake. Also I trust any video game article that lists its source as "a rumor". Also also I enjoyed RE6. Also also also I'm stupid as hell.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Lunethex posted:

All I can say is I hope something ridiculous happens involving Chris and/or Jake.

Retcon RE3 and put Jake in there to arm wrestle Nemesis.

Just port Jake's melee moves over to Jill wholesale and replace Carlos with Josh "The Legend" Stone, and you've pretty much got the perfect game.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

All they need to do is retcon Wesker's death in RE7 and they'll sell a million copies.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Excels posted:

All they need to do is retcon Wesker's death in RE7 and they'll sell a million copies.
Resident Evil is such a silly comic book universe, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he came back. That or Jake was bred/cloned/whatevered from Wesker's DNA to grow up into another Wesker. He's gotta have that mad scientist/Agent Smith/Dracula gene in there somewhere.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

SRM posted:

Resident Evil is such a silly comic book universe, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he came back. That or Jake was bred/cloned/whatevered from Wesker's DNA to grow up into another Wesker. He's gotta have that mad scientist/Agent Smith/Dracula gene in there somewhere.

Resident Evil VII: Advent Children

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I kind of shudder to think at what a RE2 remake would turn Sherry into, though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Backhand posted:

I kind of shudder to think at what a RE2 remake would turn Sherry into, though.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wouldn't exactly mind if they turned Sherry into something more like her 1.5 prototype. Now that is a kid I can see survive the zombie apocalypse through sheer rule of cool.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Burn the world.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I guess im not really clamoring for a Resident Evil 2 remake. I thought the original one aged pretty well all things considered.

Now where is my Dino Crisis 2 remake Capcom?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

SRM posted:

You'd be more likely to see one of the other "Wesker Children" from RE5 become a thing. That was half the point of the Lost in Nightmares DLC. They've yet to pull the trigger on that plot, and whatever else you can say about Capcom's writers on this franchise, they don't seem to forget too much.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

Scalding Coffee posted:

What made you think this? The article linked a few posts up was literally "Capcom may or may not have a big game to show this time around at E3."

Is there another link somewhere that I'm missing?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It is all rumors.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Policenaut posted:

Could we please start with a REmake port. Kids these days don't know what REmake is.

Didn't they cite some competence issue for not being able to port it? Like they no longer had the original assets to re-render at higher resolution or something like that?

Also the announcement will totally just be a complete edition of RE6 or something.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
I didn't see this posted. A pair of fans have began a texture mod project for RE4 Ultimate Edition on PC. It tries to update the resolution while keeping the artstyle of the original game. The first version covers the prologue.

http://www.re4hd.com/

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

I guess im not really clamoring for a Resident Evil 2 remake. I thought the original one aged pretty well all things considered.

Now where is my Dino Crisis 2 remake Capcom?

Or another Dino Crisis game. It's time to bring Regina out of retirement.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

We're finally getting our Resident Evil cart racer.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I loved the gently caress out of Resident Evil 2. The A-B B-A scenario system was like 4 games in one! And then Hunk. And then cool little secrets like the costumes and rewards for finishing it under a certain time limit. I got a shitload of replayability out of that game.

I never unlocked Tofu though

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Neo Rasa posted:

Didn't they cite some competence issue for not being able to port it? Like they no longer had the original assets to re-render at higher resolution or something like that?

Also the announcement will totally just be a complete edition of RE6 or something.

Capcom can just put borders around the whole thing after blowing it up to a size that doesn't ruin the assets too much, if their arcade and "HD" ports are any indication.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I loved the gently caress out of Resident Evil 2. The A-B B-A scenario system was like 4 games in one! And then Hunk. And then cool little secrets like the costumes and rewards for finishing it under a certain time limit. I got a shitload of replayability out of that game.

I never unlocked Tofu though

100% agreed.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Resident Evil 2 is great. Definitely the high point of the series for me. I really like the REmake too. I'd love a remake of 2, and I wish the talk in this thread was more than just rumors. :qq:

I remember being so bummed when the REmake came out, and Capcom said they wouldn't be doing the rest of the series like that to focus on new sequels.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Mr X is/was my favourite villain in the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timeandtide
Nov 29, 2007

This space is reserved for future considerations.
Resident Evil 2 remade by a fan with a lot of spare time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62rptEGgPLc&feature=player_embedded#at=75

Of course if Capcom themselves did it, I'd prefer that they do it REmake style and try new enemies, areas, and style instead of just updating the graphics. Also, there better be a checkable mode for restoring the old school movie camera angles. (Didn't Lost in Nightmares have this as a joke?)