Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Normally I'd take great glee in the Rooster's poor start to the season, but god loving drat my tips are so bad right now just win this one Roosters for gently caress's sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Roosters really going hard for the "premiers to wooden spoon" award.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

Smorgasbord posted:

Normally I'd take great glee in the Rooster's poor start to the season, but god loving drat my tips are so bad right now just win this one Roosters for gently caress's sake.
Yeah I tipped Parra since they seem to have their poo poo together more than Roosters and were playing at home. It sounds like you need to stop basing your tips on bookie's odds.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
These Tigers are sure building up an extra special disappointment this year.

But then again we do go rather good against the Cows.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Seeing the tigers, titans and eels keep winning is leaving me very confused.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Tigers Eels grand final obviously.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Smorgasbord posted:

No mate. Your tips cannot be allowed to become this. Please

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
For a brief period last night the top two teams on the ladder had a negative points differential... I can't remember that ever happening before.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

bowmore posted:

Sa
You guys played pretty good in the first half I thought. Refs were still shithouse though.

They always are.

I think Stuart is actually doing an ok job all things considered. I simply cannot judge him on this year but I like that he's improved the attitude a bit etc but we simply don't have a lot of talent. Especially where it matters. Burtriss has probably been the most consistent player in the spine. That's a mind boggling thing to consider.

We have young talent coming through. Ahearn, Cornish and Cronin are talented spine players but aren't ready for big boy league. Cornish maybe is and I fear that he will be playing nrl sooner than later. The ideal scenario for him would have been a year of nsw cup while campo limps us to ninth or something and then campo goes to England or whatever. Now it looks like Stuart might need to consider Cornish because we suck so much in the halves.

That means giving up on wightons development (although a year in the centres won't hurt him) or playing two rookie halfs.

I know everyone hates him but Stuart sure has a mess on his hands.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It's a shame you guys let go of Milford, he is your most dangerous player.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

bowmore posted:

It's a shame you guys let go of Milford, he is your most dangerous player.

We didn't let him go he signed with Brisbane because he wants to live there. I suspect it's because that's where his girlfriend lives and they are 18 year olds in love.

It's tough to compete with that.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Farah out for 6 weeks, that's a huge blow.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Who's next in line for NSW hooker? Ennis?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Peats, Gidley are also options

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Peats!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Time to see how we go with yet another kid in the side.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Blake Ayshford is a pretty bad centre

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Phil Gould waxing rear end about everybody loving sunday afternoon football, camera cuts to a crying kid having the worst day of his life

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hyperriker posted:

Phil Gould waxing rear end about everybody loving sunday afternoon football, camera cuts to a crying kid having the worst day of his life
it was pretty funny

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Are you sure he just wasn't crying about being associated with Gus in some way?

Ayshford's form dropped off a cliff after 2012, not sad we lost him. Wonder what happened?

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

So good to have Tafua back.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fanatic posted:

So good to have Tafua back.
He is dangerous, shame about the whole spitting in cops faces thing.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Boys will be boys

Isn't that the standard excuse?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

Boys will be boys

Isn't that the standard excuse?
Maybe in Manly.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

bowmore posted:

Oh well, as far as NRL players go it could be worse.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fanatic posted:

Oh well, as far as NRL players go it could be worse.
Yeah he could have swallowed.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
A reasonable performance from our boys given the bullshit that has been swirling around the club for the past week, but we really should have done better. Losing Matulino and Ikahihifo around halftime didn't help. Matulino was terrorising his opposite. Nielsen can gently caress right off at this point. Leuluai was going really well for the first half and was woeful in the second half. I'm not sure if Matulino was making him look good or if decision making turned to poo poo because he was tired.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Using Matulino out wide is a good idea since he's skilled enough to pop the offload and is big and fast enough to cause problems. Give our glut of props and lack of impact 2nd rowers it seems really obvious but they've been underutilising Matulino for quite some time and if something didn't change we'd probably have lost him.

edit: also JonoC you're right Nielsen is awful.

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Apr 13, 2014

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Saw this on Facebook, chuckled

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Saw this on Facebook, chuckled

Definitely would click that link to save it to your favourites.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011
:qq: we are so bad and griffin continues to be a poo poo oval office and not use his bench properly.

the only positive is that if we keep playing like this, we'll be rid of him sooner rather than later.

the bad part of that is kearney will probably take over for the rest of the season. :suicide:

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
I like Nightingale.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

The video refs aren't in a hurry tonight.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That's the sort of shoulder charge that the rule change was supposed to get rid of. No malice, but he jumped and obviously hit him in the face.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Was I the only one watching that? That was a really loving good game. gently caress the Storm, but boy did they do a hell of a job to come back, even if that last try was fluketacular.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

Jono C posted:

Was I the only one watching that? That was a really loving good game. gently caress the Storm, but boy did they do a hell of a job to come back, even if that last try was fluketacular.
I caught the second half, that was an absolutely crazy end! :aaa:

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

I completely forgot there was a game :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

What is wrong with the NRL at the moment and not being able to rule when games end? That's the third extremely questionable try that's been scored after the bell this year, and the first to cost a team two points.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
Are you trying to tell me there's an issue with officiating in the national rugby league rugby football league?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

iajanus posted:

Roosters really going hard for the "premiers to wooden spoon" award.

Living the dream brah.

I already got my wish, seeing the Roosters beat the snot out of Wigan was all I needed for this season to be a success.

• Locked thread