Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh yeah not dissing raj's moves, just trying to piece it all together. think i've got it now. No loving lamingtons, not impressed.

Can I roll for lamingtons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

I eat all the lamingtons.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mills posted:

I eat all the lamingtons.

At what speed does it become too hard to dodge a thrown lamington?

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
After he eats all the lamingtons he'll be too heavy to dodge anything.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Xylo rolls for wake up. Difficulty 5, -2 for hang over; fails.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

beetroy posted:

Xylo rolls for wake up. Difficulty 5, -2 for hang over; fails.

*kills ur character*

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
One thing I forgot to mention is catastrophic failures or botches. It honestly hadn't come up till just now.

Ordinarily when you roll a 1, it cancels out a success. If you don't roll any successes at all, and you also roll a 1, it is a botch. Just like how multiple successes means things have worked out incredibly well for you, getting a botch means poo poo hosed up badly.

Note that if you roll even one success, even if it gets canceled out by several 1's, you won't botch.

Example: You are trying to tell a really funny story to impress everyone at a party. You use Charisma+Expression (2+2) (or Performance if it's a story you've told many times before or an act I guess), difficulty 6. You roll 1,2,2,3. You have botched. Maybe the punchline was "What are you, blind?" and there's a blind person at the party, and everyone thinks you're a giant heel. Maybe you accidentally say something really racist.

If you'd rolled 1,2,3,9, then the 1 cancels out the 9, and you simply fail. No one is really impressed with your story. If you'd rolled 1,1,1,9, you'd still only have failed, even though you have all those 1's. If you'd rolled, 1,9,9,9, the one would cancel out one of the 9's, and you'd still have 2 successes, and your story would be a hit.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Catastrophic lamington failure: while quickly trying to eat them all before we can take or throw any, Mills chokes on them and dies.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Jarrod

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall
old mate will never not be a funny or relevant term to use

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
So as I said, I was going to assign your tribes, roles, backgrounds, gifts, etc. from how you guys roleplay. At this point I've settled it all in my notes for you guys but I absolutely love that you guys continue to play towards the roles/tribes that I've secretly assigned you.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Hey bell jar, I had a quick look earlier, and couldn't find anything.

What's the concept for your character?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

quote:

Jarrod Herdygurder
Jarrod is a fresh-faced 19 year old, tall, lanky, who has just joined the Young Liberals at QUT. He doesn't know much about politics but his dad always told him, "Son, you have to be on the winning side!".

The Liberals have just kicked Paul Keating out of office and it looks like they're here to stay for a long time. Hell, if Jarrod works hard enough, he could be parachuted into a Liberal safe seat in 10-15 years time.

Jarrod collects tazos and has a keen interest in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. He has red hair.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

beat me to it!

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

XyloJW posted:

So as I said, I was going to assign your tribes, roles, backgrounds, gifts, etc. from how you guys roleplay. At this point I've settled it all in my notes for you guys but I absolutely love that you guys continue to play towards the roles/tribes that I've secretly assigned you.

Ugh so stereotyped right now, railroading storytellers are the worst.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Mills is going to get shot again

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Splode posted:

Mills is going to get shot again

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
bitch please

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Splode posted:

Mills is going to get do shots again

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

hahahaha JP's spirit animal is a cockroach ahahaha Xylo you are a cruel DM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

A cockroach he tried to step on, too. Lol

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Splode posted:

hahahaha JP's spirit animal is a cockroach ahahaha Xylo you are a cruel DM

I didn't choose it! It's in the book!!

He's not the only one who's spirit animal is cockroach either.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

XyloJW posted:

I didn't choose it! It's in the book!!

He's not the only one who's spirit animal is cockroach either.

uh oh

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Seems like a canetoad would be more fitting.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
My spirit animal had better be a sentient can of cascade draught. :boonie:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Apr 13, 2014

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

Your personal spirit animals are chosen by the book, but then all together, you guys later on will get to pick a single spirit guide for your group. And it's not limited to animals.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I'm not going to vote for a can of lovely beer as our totem. Goon sack or bust.

Mills
Jun 13, 2003

Our spirit guide will be Daniel Johns.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
A bottle of Angry Dad's cheapest, thank you.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
I think it's pretty clear that your collective spirit guide will be the concept of alcoholism.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Captain Pissweak posted:

I think it's pretty clear that your collective spirit guide will be the concept of alcoholism.

This.

Also holy loving lol Mills.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

JP Rothschild - confirmed necrophiliac.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Captain Pissweak posted:

When I played, my group intentionally picked the dumbest, most belligerent spirit totem we could.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I demand a moral, wise and brave totem who can be continuously astonished by how lovely we are.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Well, Mills is, anyway.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
He already has the cockroach :confused:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

beetroy posted:

Alf
Alf puts the gourd back into the bag. He smiles at Selene's comment and replies "Ailsa made a fancy pumpkin risotto at the diner one time, that did something too. I always kept stocked up on white king since then"

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweetroy
May 23, 2011
thats a space bar

man i hate yall

Captain Pissweak posted:

• Locked thread