Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Gloucester 1 point and 4! players behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
A mate was watching it on TV and told me that at one point they didn't have enough space to put all the card graphics on the scoreboard.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

tarbrush posted:

This has been the worst reffed best/worst example of northern hemisphere rugby.

Tavis Knoyle's red card sounds like the stuff of dreams.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Tyma posted:

Tavis Knoyle's red card sounds like the stuff of dreams.

In fairness, it was the most blatant red ever. He and a Bath guy get out of a ruck, both yap at each other, Stringer pulls the bath guy away, Knoyle takes three strides towards him and lets go an impressive overhand right and then follows it up with a couple more. No-one around them, no sneaky rabbit punch poo poo, a proper attempt to knock a guy out

There will be some bans coming down for both sides I think.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Honey Badger bagged a meat pie!
http://www.gfycat.com/HorribleGranularDorking

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
The usual suspects have all gotten banned from youtube due to copyright complaints from sky and now I'm back to having literally no way to watch rugby :(

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Phobeste posted:

The usual suspects have all gotten banned from youtube due to copyright complaints from sky and now I'm back to having literally no way to watch rugby :(

http://touch.dailymotion.com/user/ttrugbyvids

For now at least.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Thanks much!

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Carlin Isles got a run out in the rugby sevens for Glasgow Warriors and holy poo poo :stare:

It remains to be seen though whether he can pull off similar speed and flexibility in pro rugby. Most teams are aware of Glasgow's pace now and shut it down.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Here's the video of him playing for Glasgow's sevens team.

As good as he is attacking,we still don't know if he has the other skills wingers need.Can he defend?What's he like under a high ball?I still haven't seen a video of him passing the ball.Glasgow do have some pretty good players on the wing,with Sean Maitland and Tommy Seymour usually starting.Still though,even if he doesn't turn out to have all the skills needed for rugby,he'd make a great impact sub.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
That last try :stare: He looks a little lost but holy poo poo.

It reminds of my school rugby team when the coach would prioritise random kids who were fast/tall/fat over the ones who actually knew how to play rugby.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
It took Nigel Walker a couple of seasons to get good enough defensively.
It'll always be worth it though.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Answers Me posted:

That last try :stare: He looks a little lost but holy poo poo.

It reminds of my school rugby team when the coach would prioritise random kids who were fast/tall/fat over the ones who actually knew how to play rugby.

american_rugby.txt

Actually, Isles was a punt returner in college, which means he has some skill under the high ball. Not sure about his contesting, though, he is rather short.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Good to see the noble Hurricanes overcame the evil Blues.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Ulster are down 27-9 to Glasgow, some really shitey TMO decisions and a load of amazing Glasgow defensive play.

Burgo
Jun 1, 2008

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Ulster are down 27-9 to Glasgow, some really shitey TMO decisions and a load of amazing Glasgow defensive play.

How was that a try. HOW.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Glasgow are really starting to pick up some momentum.If they keep playing like they are now,I can see them winning the league.

It's strange,Ulster have two or three matches every year where it's like not one player on the team really gives a poo poo.They usually end in a close loss after many knock-ons,often happen against Treviso or Scarlets,and often involve Ruan Pienaar aimlessly box-kicking over and over.

I was disappointed to see the Force didn't get their 5 in a row,it's always fun to see underdogs pull off upsets.

e:Just watched Bennett's try,that TMO's got some explaining to do.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

Even I have to admit that wasn't a try.

He, even Glasgow looked pretty uncertain about it. Think the TMO made a poor decision.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
Aye, no idea what the TMO was thinking with the try but Glasgow looked good tonight and it's encouraging to see them retain the form they had from the Munster game last week too.

Hope they do well in the playoffs, even if they are going to do horrible things to Edinburgh next week.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why is the field in this game wearing camo too?

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
The waratahs actually managed to win

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Oh Connacht, I stepped out 5 mins before half time with a close match and connacht attacking. 5 mins later they've conceded 2 soft trys. It's like they don't want to win.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Oh Connacht, I stepped out 5 mins before half time with a close match and connacht attacking. 5 mins later they've conceded 2 soft trys. It's like they don't want to win.

I think Pat Lam has decided they don't need to ever go over defence in training,all they need to do is attack and hope to God Henshaw pulls something off.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

They're leaving munster space to run lines at themI and then they're chasing back. Another heroic loss.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

What's the word on Henshaw anyway? The talk up north is that either Henshaw or Jared Payne will be moving to Leinster to fill the 13 jersey when BOD retires, which makes me sort of nervous.

Glasgow could do some damage in the playoffs, it's hard to look past Leinster for the Rabo though.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

ColtMcAsskick posted:

The waratahs actually managed to win

Yeah, it was a scrappy game, I've never seen so many forward passes in one game. But credit to the tahs. They've got a bit of steel this year and actually managed to contest a Matfield-led lineout and not look like school boys doing it. The crowd was OK too, but I've no idea WTF was going on with that pitch. Jesus Christ, it was almost as awful as the Bulls kit.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

What's the word on Henshaw anyway? The talk up north is that either Henshaw or Jared Payne will be moving to Leinster to fill the 13 jersey when BOD retires, which makes me sort of nervous.

From what I've heard,Henshaw moving is off the cards.He wants to stay at Connacht and is in college in Galway.He's a serious talent but he's only 19,there's no need to rush him.

I'd prefer if Leinster got Cave and Payne stayed at Ulster.Cave is exactly what Leinster need,a good,experienced player and a strong defender,which is exactly what we need with revolving doors like Gopperth and Kearney on the pitch.

elTeddy
Jun 19, 2004
Where boys fear to tread

Mister Chief posted:

Good to see the noble Hurricanes overcame the evil Blues.

That win is just further proof of how retarded new zealand rugby media are with their early season crucifixion of Hammett. It's actually pretty sad that Mark and his family are leaving because there's so much slander printed against him it's affecting his kids.

That last try by Motu was crackup. Fully should have made the last pass, but he barrels through, gets held up but sells it so well without a moment of hesitation that the ref doesn't check it. Benji fully held him up. When Motu is celebrating you can see Cory Jane standing out side him with his hands up shaking his head at the absurdity of it.

Last night i multied Crusader 12 or under, Bulls +8.5 Points start and Cheetahs +13.5 points start, so happy about that.

Such a tight NZ conference. Second spot is still up for grabs for any team so far. Looking at the draw a few weeks back i actually put a tenner on the Hurricanes to get it, it's going to go down to the wire.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
Have you ever heard 30,000 people burst into simultanious laughter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCivSO_8Fas

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

That's your first-choice 10, Wales.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Tyma posted:

Have you ever heard 30,000 people burst into simultanious laughter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCivSO_8Fas

See, as my team's second-choice kicker I feel bad when I miss goals from <45 degrees, but watching this makes me feel better about my life.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

Swan Curry posted:

I'd prefer if Leinster got Cave and Payne stayed at Ulster.

I really rate Cave but if we could somehow send him down to Leinster and get someone like Jack McGrath in return it would really benefit everyone.

I agree on Henshaw, he's still really young and getting game time in Connacht will help him, he was obviously their most talented player when they came up to Ravenhill and he seems to have a really bright future ahead of him.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Vagabundo posted:

That's your first-choice 10, Wales.

It's not "Wales'" first loving choice.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

DickEmery posted:

It's not "Wales'" first loving choice.

Not the 10 you need, the 10 you deserve.

Wait, no, nobody except England could deserve that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He completely mis-hits it and then smirks as he jogs off.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
He's smirking because he knows that he could do that twenty times in a row and Gatland would still start him.

There was a pretty bad collision between Zane Kirchner and Christian Loamanu in Leinster-Treviso.Watch his leg at 0:12 :stare:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
loving hell! :stare: That's not a good sign, I hope Loamanu is okay after that. It looks like he caught Kirchner's elbow in the face. :ohdear:

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

So much for that experiment then:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/benji-marshall-seeks-return-to-nrl-20140421-zqxdz.html posted:

Benji Marshall is set to return to the NRL this season after he and Blues coach John Kirwan agreed his switch to rugby union was not working out as they had both hoped.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/benji-marshall-seeks-return-to-nrl-20140421-zqxdz.html#ixzz2zV3A60hl...

I was hoping it would work out because BM seems to be a good guy. But really, expecting to just waltz in and play fly half is pushing it.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Well, that was quick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kind of feel bad for the guy. It almost feels like he was being set up to fail.

• Locked thread