Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
You mentioned "maintaining our sanity and health" in the beginning of the video, and it made me realize how lucky you are that MDickie never implemented the insanity mechanic in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Two bears high-fiving is an essential Fallout New Vegas mod.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I loving DIED at "1...2....3!" *other team wins*

Funniest thing I think I've ever seen.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npF3YrPt9TQ

Your new CHAMPION defends his title from the poo poo-arses of Maple leaf grappling, it seems everyone wants to start feuds with Scotbird. gently caress em!

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
One...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Larry went from a Scot to a Russian.

Wiki has a page on "Zh" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhe_%28Cyrillic%29

Raptor Adaptor
Jun 2, 2013
That beer bottle to the balls, only logical counter to mic to the willy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Wonder if you're going to get hosed around with now that Escobar has left. New booker seems cool enough for now, but being an MDickie game, you never know. Speaking of bookers leaving their job, MDickie stepping down is the best shot you've ever had at killing him, right? Or him dying at all, really.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I decided to try this game to relieve stress. My first match into being picked up by a promotion (the japanese one) put me up against a guy with 95 popularity and multiple 90s in other stats. In a minefield. I threw one dynamite and he fell onto another, in a chain reaction that left him dead.

:v:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

KittyEmpress posted:

I decided to try this game to relieve stress. My first match into being picked up by a promotion (the japanese one) put me up against a guy with 95 popularity and multiple 90s in other stats. In a minefield. I threw one dynamite and he fell onto another, in a chain reaction that left him dead.

:v:
I can only assume the game decided you should be a face after that.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Bookers becoming wrestlers, wrestlers becoming bookers, and everyone wants a piece of ScotBird! Goddamn, this is a great run. Also, finally spotted my Willy Nelson sign in the crowd! Wahey, say I!

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Our buddy Beaumont left MLG for Federation Online as well, he was probably the closest thing to a solid friend Larry had this time around.

The booker Escobar leaving is going to hurt; he let us "donate" for so many referees and had one of the most liberal doctors throwing around steroids like it's candy.

On top of that is Liam straight-up Supermaning his match with Scotbird when he was down to no health. Maybe next time he's in the ring, it'll be an explosive match.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Please make Duggan Zhmayev a edit wrestler, so he can become your arch-rival eventually.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When Beaumont left, the newspaper said Larry was happy about it. Maybe he was feuding with us in secret.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
...Two...

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

For gently caress's sake ref! I got places to be!

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

Ratoslov posted:

Please make Duggan Zhmayev a edit wrestler, so he can become your arch-rival eventually.

This is a fantastic idea! Hell, you could mod in a whole federation that's just alternate Radical Larries. There's nearly enough of them now to fill out a stable on their own. A Council of Larries, if you will.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
....THREE.

*ding ding ding*

Also I love these videos and this thread. :3:

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

goatface posted:

When Beaumont left, the newspaper said Larry was happy about it. Maybe he was feuding with us in secret.
Well, he's black and Larry is white. The hatred was inevitable.

Harry Joe
Jan 15, 2006
My name be neither Harry, nor Joe, but Harry Joe shall do
Radical Larry is pretty much who I wished I was, living the good life and smashing fools in the willie.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Would it be possible to change your finishers more often?
eg.Everytime they make you change your name.

I would like to see Scotbird with more flashy moves.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Suspect Bucket posted:

For gently caress's sake ref! I got places to be!

Rope break!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

*Nobody Won This Contest...*

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

....THREE.

*ding ding ding*
The other guy won!

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
After 14 minutes, the match was awarded to "Sexy Boys"

Kaislioc
Feb 14, 2008

Uncle Jam posted:

After 14 minutes, the match was awarded to "Sexy Boys"

Is Scotbird ever going to get his own team name or will it forever be "[Whatever name]'s Team"?

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I can change the tag team name, in open to suggestions :)

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

simosimo posted:

I can change the tag team name, in open to suggestions :)

Lazza's Lads (And ladies of distinction)

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Micz 2 Willy.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

maswastaken posted:

Micz 2 Willy.
I though Micz 2 Willies made more sense, for the big tag teams.

(I was also about to post a variation of that when you sneaked your post in.)

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 13, 2014

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Tag team: "We paid the ref"

Since MDickie is a wrestler now, it is possible for him to receive a "get rich" goal and get fired?

Covski
Jun 24, 2007

Bringing the forums together with the greatest thread!
This just might be the best LP on the forum. I don't know what it is, but something about your love-hate relationship with this game makes it so enjoyable for me :allears:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
So I thought i'd play a bit of Wrestling Revolution on the side so I could finally experience the game on my own accord. Let me tell you about a guy called Dark Hellfire.

He started out in wrestling school just like any other, being booked against other hopeful rookies. He won his matches, and never did the job. Two weeks in, the coach wasn't happy, he told Mr Hellfire to get hired by a serious wrestling company as I didn't deserve to be in wrestling school. We had til the first week of June. As the weeks went on, still no signing. It was mid May, Mr Hellfire was confronted by Rob Terry, asking him to help him out in a match he wasn't sure he was going to win. Mr Hellfire declined as it was home time. Next week Rob Terry and Viscera stole Mr Hellfires clothes, perhaps during shower time? Funnily enough we were booked against those very men in our match, so out comes Mr hell fire, next to naked.

He wins, overcoming the odds, the last week passes and we are not signed. Coach decides to kick us out, and game over for Mr Hellfire. Perhaps someday you will be a superstar.

DARK HELLFIRE
NEVER FORGET
Jan 2014-April 2014

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
That clearly shows MDickie's flawless abilities as an innovator, who else would program a game where you can lose due to pure chance?

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013

David D. Davidson posted:

That clearly shows MDickie's flawless abilities as an innovator, who else would program a game where you can lose due to pure chance?

He's old school, in the pen and paper RPG Traveller you could die during character creation.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

I think it's nice that MDickie doesn't pretend like effort and skill necessarily leads to success, unlike many so-called game designers. MDickie, always keeping it real.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Duggan Zhmayev sounds like the perfect MDickie rip off Dolph Ziggler name.
Pretty sure Scotbird could carry Zigglers gimmick, and he definitely sells as much as Ziggler in relation to all other wrestlers too.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I though Micz 2 Willies made more sense, for the big tag teams.

(I was also about to post a variation of that when you sneaked your post in.)
It should really be Micz II Willies. I could at least get the reference right.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

simosimo posted:

So I thought i'd play a bit of Wrestling Revolution on the side so I could finally experience the game on my own accord. Let me tell you about a guy called Dark Hellfire.

He started out in wrestling school just like any other, being booked against other hopeful rookies. He won his matches, and never did the job. Two weeks in, the coach wasn't happy, he told Mr Hellfire to get hired by a serious wrestling company as I didn't deserve to be in wrestling school. We had til the first week of June. As the weeks went on, still no signing. It was mid May, Mr Hellfire was confronted by Rob Terry, asking him to help him out in a match he wasn't sure he was going to win. Mr Hellfire declined as it was home time. Next week Rob Terry and Viscera stole Mr Hellfires clothes, perhaps during shower time? Funnily enough we were booked against those very men in our match, so out comes Mr hell fire, next to naked.

He wins, overcoming the odds, the last week passes and we are not signed. Coach decides to kick us out, and game over for Mr Hellfire. Perhaps someday you will be a superstar.

DARK HELLFIRE
NEVER FORGET
Jan 2014-April 2014

According to SuperGreatFriend's stream of this, you probably wouldn't have been able to sign a contract, even if you were offered one, due to the obtuse controls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepwise
Jul 9, 2012
The last fifteen minutes of that were beautiful, what with the janky loving first-person view I knew nothing about. I await the day when you casually press a key, and Larry grows a pair of four-foot wings to fly around with.

My suggestion is "Lazza & the Mong Brigade."

• Locked thread