Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Kallen's ace bonus is x1.1 damage. Throw in x2.2 from Soul, x1.2 (at 130 will) from a D-trader item, and Kallen's own absurd base damage and you get some ridiculous figures that very few other characters can match oh who am I kidding I bet anyone with Soul can break 50k in this game.

And let's not forget Z3 gave her a post movement MAP attack. I think you practically start with her too.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Apr 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I was thinking Love Bonus might increase it even more, but if she has a love bonus with Lelouch, it's definitely only one way. :smith:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheManSeries posted:

In no way, shape or form should Kallen be able to out damage Getter in SRW. That's insane!

The D-Trader items are so powerful that you can make basically anyone an invincible god that shits fire and death if you want. They're basically in-game cheat codes.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

ImpAtom posted:

Kallen gets soul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCBMvDQOH3g

The results are hilarious.

jesus christ

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man, you really like using Kallen, huh? Even with Soul and Maximum Break, to get that damage you'd need one or two of the D-Trader items, surely?

(Also, since it showed up in your video, I'll just mention that I really goddamn love that new Stoner Sunshine cut-in with the scribbly Ryouma.)

The only D-Trader item I have on her is the "restore EN at the start of a round" one which wouldn't actually impact the damage.

This was Lelouch Buff + Basara buff + Soul + Max COMBO + Maximum Break + Ace Bonus. It'd probably go higher if I used the D-Trader item that boosts damage but I mostly just wanted to see if I could oneshot that boss.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Honestly the best part of that video is how relatively boring Kallen's finisher is. Shin Getter drops a willpower nuke and kind of weakens it, Kallen sort of jabs it and it dies instantly.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Kallen and the Gurren: literally the most powerful pilot/robot combo in the entire multiverse.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
So, do you just keep TTGL even after the Anti-Spiral battle?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

The only D-Trader item I have on her is the "restore EN at the start of a round" one which wouldn't actually impact the damage.

This was Lelouch Buff + Basara buff + Soul + Max COMBO + Maximum Break + Ace Bonus. It'd probably go higher if I used the D-Trader item that boosts damage but I mostly just wanted to see if I could oneshot that boss.

Think big. Stack multiple damage-increasing D-Trader items, there's a few different ones.

Let's get this poo poo into six digits.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Broken Loose posted:

So, do you just keep TTGL even after the Anti-Spiral battle?

Nope.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Kanos posted:

The D-Trader items are so powerful that you can make basically anyone an invincible god that shits fire and death if you want. They're basically in-game cheat codes.

There's a part that I like to call "Literally Will Not Die Above 130 Will". It gives 50% afterimage, a 1200 barrier, and Jamming. In one part.

Edit: The Anti-Spiral battle is pretty much the last stage. There's only one more after it, and it's really just a pretty short epilogue stage to basically say BUY Z3-2.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Huh. There's a complete, line-by-line translation guide for SRW A.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/582124-super-robot-taisen-a/faqs/17517
http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/582124-super-robot-taisen-a/faqs/30933
I don't know if this counts with the others, since it's not a patch, but I figure people should know. It's also kinda HKsubs quality. But it's there.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
You're implying that HKsubs quality is a bad thing?

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Hivac posted:

You're implying that HKsubs quality is a bad thing?

It can be entertaining if you're already familiar with the work, but 99% of the time I prefer knowing what's actually going on to reading silly gibberish.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I am kind of pissed at the "Day of the Unicorn" stage. For obvious reasons.

A mook squadron of ReZel and Leo against Haman Karn. Good luck!

Welp I think I did ask for a challenge at some point in time.

Lostconfused fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 13, 2014

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Rascyc posted:

Does anyone know if the attack has ignore size ability if that functions like the old ignore size or is it just giving me one level of equalizing?

It gives you a level of equalizing per level of ability. I think weapons that have Size Ignore function the old way, though.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Son Ryo posted:

It can be entertaining if you're already familiar with the work, but 99% of the time I prefer knowing what's actually going on to reading silly gibberish.

It was my first non-OG SRW (before I learned about the magic that is watching ancient shows you didn't know you loved) and I understood the plot and characterization just fine. There are some funky word choices in most sentences but it is not TALL EVIL GOD Z tier.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Oh wow, you can see how much money/Z-chips drop from enemies after you Scan them.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Oh wow, you can see how much money/Z-chips drop from enemies after you Scan them.

That's new? Pretty sure you could see money as far back as J.

And dear god that Kallen. I can't wait for my copy.

For those of you that have the game, are the DLC stages worth it? If so I need to finally get around to making a JP PSN account.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Hunter Noventa posted:

For those of you that have the game, are the DLC stages worth it? If so I need to finally get around to making a JP PSN account.

They're pretty much fluff/plot stages that give you extra cash and items. It's really up to you whether that's worth it.

I'm a little disappointed you can't get kills/PP/money in them, even at a reduced rate.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Those of you that have been messing with custom BGM's, how hard is it for a non-moonspeak fluent person to work with that system?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Eternal Volfogg posted:

Those of you that have been messing with custom BGM's, how hard is it for a non-moonspeak fluent person to work with that system?

Idiot-proof. If you have custom BGMs on your PS3 they'll automatically show up at the bottom of the BGM select menu.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Getting them onto the PS3 is the only real challenge, since its so persnickety about file types and directory names and the formatting of the USB drive.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Three new BGMs today:

Default theme of 00 Gundam units

Theme of Unicorn Gundam

Default theme of SEED Destiny units

I like the last two but I really don't care for the Trans-am theme being used as the default BGM. I reckon I'll replace it with Z2.2s theme later on.

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 13, 2014

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Brunom1 posted:

Three new BGMs today:

Default theme of 00 Gundam units

Theme of Destroy Mode Unicorn Gundam

I like the last two but I really don't care for the Trans-am theme being used as the default BGM. I reckon I'll replace it with Z2.2s theme later on.

Wait, what? I have the game, and it defaulted Destroy Mode Unicorn to RX-0, not Unicorn. Which fits better anyways, it syncs almost perfectly with All-Out Attack.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Infinity Gaia posted:

Wait, what? I have the game, and it defaulted Destroy Mode Unicorn to RX-0, not Unicorn. Which fits better anyways, it syncs almost perfectly with All-Out Attack.

Ah, really? Then I guess I've them inverted.

I'll change it.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Two things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6wn3MKmylI

1. What is the music that accompanies this? Is it a game track or is it custom?
2. Holy poo poo they even made units like the Mk II look amazing. I guess that's where all the animation frames from FMP went.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
The music is 'Mobile Suit' from Gundam Unicorn. It's ingame music.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Levantine posted:

Two things: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6wn3MKmylI

1. What is the music that accompanies this? Is it a game track or is it custom?
2. Holy poo poo they even made units like the Mk II look amazing. I guess that's where all the animation frames from FMP went.

The BGM is this one:

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Wonderful, thank you both. I've been debating using the custom soundtracks but some are too good to pass up. I know I want to use the Union Square version of Sure Promise for Big O: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-u-ISaOfS4, and I started picking out Gundam Build Fighters tracks one by one but it's going to end up being half the drat soundtrack before I'm done. So far the ingame music seems to be of varying quality but overall it's pretty good!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The in game Unicorn Gundam tracks basically take a lot of the buildup out of the original versions and have them start with the refrains. They're good in that respect, although the synth aspect is pretty obvious.

If you use original tracks, they don't sync up very well unless you manually edit or don't mind. The exception is RX-0, that track is great to use in the game. I use MAD-NUG as well. I tried my hand at clipping the original versions of Unicorn and Mobile Suit and it came out all right but I wasn't a huge fan.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Space King Kittan all attacks.

:patriot:

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Theme of Unicorn Gundam

Outstanding, one of my favorite tracks from Unicorn and my favorite Seed Destiny opening. I should really get on buying this game soon...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

There better be a secret to keep him alive. Unless he didn't actually die there at the end.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Man why did they bother with Dancouga Nova again? Even the Daigard has all new animations (and they all own btw) but poor Dancouga just flapping out there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tori no Uta is as good a reason as any.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also Dancougar Nova Max God makes even other super robot upgrade names look good.

I do like the final Dankuhou attack where it jumps into zero range all the sudden, same kind of awesomeness as Marin's Thunder Flash.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just wish they'd done a little more work touching it up for HD. I'm at stage 21 and so far it is the only robot that I've seen and thought that it was straight up taken from the PSP games.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ethiser posted:

I just wish they'd done a little more work touching it up for HD. I'm at stage 21 and so far it is the only robot that I've seen and thought that it was straight up taken from the PSP games.
Yeah this is what I was trying to say. It just seems like they did nothing with it, maybe something later though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Hey Kallen, quit riding Hibiki like that! It's not easy to bust out of a sub 100 Will slump.

• Locked thread