Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rascyc posted:

Man why did they bother with Dancouga Nova again? Even the Daigard has all new animations (and they all own btw) but poor Dancouga just flapping out there.

It's really weird and out of place, especially next to stuff like Daiguard and Orguss getting brand new animations across the board. Even Kouji got new touches on his attacks like the photons venting during photon beam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
Damnit, all of those attack videos are so tempting, but I want to stay surprised for when I eventually get the game.

Which reminds me, I still need to finish OGs2 and Alpha3.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm watching Pacific Rim again and wondering if it's an absolute law of nature that a Hollywood movie can't show up in SRW. It would fit so well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Samurai Sanders posted:

I'm watching Pacific Rim again and wondering if it's an absolute law of nature that a Hollywood movie can't show up in SRW. It would fit so well.

It'll show up in one of the B-team 3DS games.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'd say Pacific Rim has a better chance of showing up than Mega XLR or whatever fan-popular thing exists. It came out in Japan, has a seiyuu cast, and was pretty well received. I don't think it's a good chance but it is more likely than a lot of things but still no that likely.

I don't know if they'd character portraits though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

I'd say Pacific Rim has a better chance of showing up than Mega XLR or whatever fan-popular thing exists. It came out in Japan, has a seiyuu cast, and was pretty well received. I don't think it's a good chance but it is more likely than a lot of things but still no that likely.

I don't know if they'd character portraits though.

There's enough anime-style fanart of live action stuff that I'm sure they can think of something.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Godannar and Pacific Rim together in a game please.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Light Gun Man posted:

It's not that unlikely, seeing how Obari himself said that he LOVED Pacific Rim, so he would be more than willing to make an anime out of it.

The problem is getting the license...

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Light Gun Man posted:

"How's Koji?"
"He's dead."
"I'm not dead."

"Oh, what about Yancy?"
"..."

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

I was super hype and then the moment that music started playing on the final attack all my loving feelings got slapped all over the floor. Why would you go so far as to give that a badass attack animation, they better have a secret to keep him. :negative:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, Aquarion Evol is set in a school TOO? drat, they went crazy on the school thing this time. But I guess it's just a reflection of the underlying anime. I can't even think of any recent animes off the top of my head right now that aren't at least partially set in a school.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

If we're talking exclusively mecha stuff that could appear in future SRW titles, Nobunaga the Fool and Buddy Complex are two recent shows that immediately come to mind. And if we go back a few seasons there's Gargantia, and I think Majestic Prince might as well count since the school stuff is incredibly minor and it was a military school anyways. I'd even lump Build Fighters in there as well because there is only like one episode where they even bring up the fact that the cast goes to highschool.

And recent anime in general? Heck, there is a ton.

Srice fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 14, 2014

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Endorph posted:

Tori no Uta is as good a reason as any.

Not in a game that just gave access to custom soundtracks it isn't.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

It's incredibly unlikely but I really want Zone of the Enders to get added. Mostly because I think the Banpresto guys would have the time of their lives animating some of the more elaborate attacks.

As far as slightly more likely series, I don't think Rinne no Lagrange is in yet, is it? That'd be a fun thing to throw in there.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Konami is apparently pretty unfriendly to the idea of crossovers. A big reason Gurren-Lagann took so long to come out is because Konami had the rights to game adaptations. So ZoE is unlikely.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Star Driver seriously needs to be added yesterday. Or do you not want to be the galactic pretty boy?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

poo poo, I'd want Star Driver for the music alone if nothing else.

That said I very much want Star Driver in a game anyway. Do it, Banpresto.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Brunom1 posted:

It's not that unlikely, seeing how Obari himself said that he LOVED Pacific Rim, so he would be more than willing to make an anime out of it.

The problem is getting the license...

I imagine that if it were up to Del Toro he'd yell "OKAY!" and throw the appropriate pieces of paper in Obari's general direction. But it's all on Warner Bros., I guess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Why are Klan and Alto doing this "that's -kun to you, forehead boy!" running gag from Akira every time Bonta-kun shows up? Is that something from Macross Frontier or pure SRW?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 14, 2014

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Konami is apparently pretty unfriendly to the idea of crossovers. A big reason Gurren-Lagann took so long to come out is because Konami had the rights to game adaptations. So ZoE is unlikely.

But I want Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

This would be basically perfect.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Light Gun Man posted:

I distinctly remember someone on /m/ or here saying 'Pacific Rim was the third best episode of Godannar that I've ever watched.'

That sounds about right.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, a lot of pointless moeblobs (I think I am using that term right) have come and gone through SRW, but the female lead from Aquarion Evol seems to take the cake. She just looks completely hopeless as far as ever turning into anything at all.

Also, I was wondering, in all of robot anime, is there anyone other than Amuro who becomes an actual adult over the course of a series? I mean, both his appearance and personality changing completely and becoming all calm and settled down.

edit: duuuh, Gurren Lagann I guess. Anything other than that?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, a lot of pointless moeblobs (I think I am using that term right) have come and gone through SRW, but the female lead from Aquarion Evol seems to take the cake. She just looks completely hopeless as far as ever turning into anything at all.

Also, I was wondering, in all of robot anime, is there anyone other than Amuro who becomes an actual adult over the course of a series? I mean, both his appearance and personality changing completely.

Flit, Asemu, Simon, I guess. And to be fair, it didn't happen over the course of a series, Amuro had two series and a movie to mature.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, I was wondering, in all of robot anime, is there anyone other than Amuro who becomes an actual adult over the course of a series? I mean, both his appearance and personality changing completely and becoming all calm and settled down.

Zegapain, kind of. Appearance-wise not so much, but there was a good reason for that.

Technically he was an adult, became a total tool and then became an adult again :v:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Samurai Sanders posted:

Everybody loving hates Mikono, so feel free to join us.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Zegapain, kind of. Appearance-wise not so much, but there was a good reason for that.

Technically he was an adult, became a total tool and then became an adult again :v:

Someone else has watched Zegapain :unsmith:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cheap Trick posted:

Someone else has watched Zegapain :unsmith:

Hahah yeah. Someone I follow on Twitter mentioned it in passing one night, I checked it out on a whim and ended up more or less marathoning it. I really enjoyed Zegapain.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Pureauthor posted:

Everybody loving hates Mikono, so feel free to join us.

I'm pretty sure exactly one person in the entire world likes Mikono, and that person is Kawamori.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I don't even know if she's worth hating, since she's just...it's like she's not even there.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't even know if she's worth hating, since she's just...it's like she's not even there.

Aquarion EVOL is kind of interesting because it inverts the problem that Aquarion had. Instead of having a likeable main couple and a terrible supporting cast like Aquarion, EVOL has a likeable supporting cast and two unbelievably boring/generic/forgettable cardboard cutouts for the leading pair. This means that the central love triangle is the worst part of the show.

e: I think a good 40% of lines that come out of Amata's mouth include "Mikono-san" at some point, and I think at least half of Mikono's appearances in the story involve her misunderstanding a situation to get mad at Amata for literally no reason, over and over and over again.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Apr 14, 2014

John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective
Yeah, I think literally every single member of the supporting cast was more interesting than the two leads. That's quite an accomplishment.

Bag-chan supremacy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Late-game Z3 spoiler

Wow, we actually got to fight Big Venus. And it went exactly like I expected!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

John Carstairs posted:

Yeah, I think literally every single member of the supporting cast was more interesting than the two leads. That's quite an accomplishment.

Bag-chan supremacy.

Pfft, that's not Andy's amazing digging adventures.

Man, you're right though. LITERALLY everyone in that series, heroes and villains included, is more interesting than the two leads. Even that one black dude whose name I forgot? I remember that his glasses light up for some reason, and that's it. That's enough to make him more interesting than Amata and Mikono.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Infinity Gaia posted:

Pfft, that's not Andy's amazing digging adventures.

Man, you're right though. LITERALLY everyone in that series, heroes and villains included, is more interesting than the two leads. Even that one black dude whose name I forgot? I remember that his glasses light up for some reason, and that's it. That's enough to make him more interesting than Amata and Mikono.

It's actually pretty amazing how lame Amata/Mikono are, because the series has some pretty impressive stuff in the supporting cast relationships. Andy coming to terms with loving someone for who they are in spite of anime's tendency to play off male/male relationships for laughs or Yunoha coming to terms with Jin's death are both really good.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

Are we talking about Mikono? :allears:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ShiunTouya posted:

Are we talking about Mikono? :allears:

How does it feel to be objectively a bad person?

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

ImpAtom posted:

How does it feel to be objectively a bad person?

I also used Katz in Nu Gundam through Z1.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

ShiunTouya posted:

:psyduck:

I'm not sure if you're horrible or insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Samurai Sanders posted:

Why are Klan and Alto doing this "that's -kun to you, forehead boy!" running gag from Akira every time Bonta-kun shows up? Is that something from Macross Frontier or pure SRW?

Did they add more Queadluun-Rea animations, or keep armor Klan from Z-2? Part of me wants to do an all angry girl gimmick run since there's enough candidates in this version. I ask mainly because the new YF-29 animations are slick as hell.

ShiunTouya posted:

I'm still hoping that one day they make a big rock sprite for an enemy and kill off Katz with it, regardless of what suit he's currently stuck in.

• Locked thread