Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
I think this got missed under Smash Bros news yesterday, but here are two new VC classifications: Game & Watch Gallery 3 and Street Fighter 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

jivjov posted:

I buy almost everything on my 3DS digitally these days...I have a giant SD card in there, so being able to swap from game to game without cartridges is super handy. I do fear the day I lose or break my system though...
I do too, which is why I assumed you were talking about Digital first.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Japan is getting Castlevania 3 (Wii U) and Donkey Kong Land 2 (3DS) next week, among other things.

Mach Rider (NES) is out on the 3DS VC in NA this week, by the way.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Japan is getting Castlevania 3 (Wii U) and Donkey Kong Land 2 (3DS) next week, among other things.

Mach Rider (NES) is out on the 3DS VC in NA this week, by the way.

They just got DKL1 didn't they? That's pretty drat quick. Naturally by Castlevania 3 you mean the better version that's easier and has cooler music.
Mach Rider's yet another game not worth $5.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Citizens of Earth, headed by an ex-Next Level Games programmer, is being published by Atlus USA after failing its Kickstarter, and will be released for the Wii U and 3DS this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcN58dN4EUA

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And then there's this thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcmx4kC0tiU

Wut?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Champeenship posted:

Citizens of Earth, headed by an ex-Next Level Games programmer, is being published by Atlus USA after failing its Kickstarter, and will be released for the Wii U and 3DS this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcN58dN4EUA

I thought the kickstarter for this failed, surprised to see it will still be released.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

EU trailer with Shibata and mega-British vocaloid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lQIoUK4SLI

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Davincie posted:

I thought the kickstarter for this failed, surprised to see it will still be released.

...It says in his post that Atlus is publishing it since its kickstarter failed.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 10):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO The Hobbit (April 11) - €49.99 / £39.99
WII U eSHOP
    Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate HD - €19.99 / £15.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    WarioWare Inc: Minigame Mania (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £5.99 until April 17
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 24

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Kid Icarus Uprising - €34.99 / £29.99
    LEGO The Hobbit (April 11) - €39.99 / £34.99
    MYST - €9.99 / £8.99 (permanent price reduction)
3DS eSHOP
    Governor of Poker - €4.99 / £4.49
    Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove - €11.99 / £10.79
    Mystery Case Files: Ravenhearst - €11.99 / £10.79
    Urban Trial Freestyle - €4.99 / £4.49 (permanent price reduction)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - €4.85 / £4.49 until April 17
    Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until April 17
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 17
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 17
    4 Elements (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest Mysteries 3: The Seventh Gate (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Luxor (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Secret Mysteries in London (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8

NA update (week of April 10):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    My Exotic Farm - $7.99
    My Farm - $4.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA) - $6.99
    WarioWare Inc.: Mega Micro Games (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U) - $7.49 until April 17

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    LEGO The Hobbit - $39.99
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (April 15) - $39.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Atlantic Quest (April 15) - ?
    Boxzle - $2.99
    Governor of Poker - $4.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Mach Rider (NES) - $4.99
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Chain Blaster (3DS eShop) - $2.99 from April 12-27
    Crazy Construction (3DS eShop) - $2.99 from April 12-27
    Escape from Zombie City (3DS eShop) - 1$1.99 from April 12-27
    Jump Trials Supreme (3DS eShop) - $2.99 from April 12-27
    Undead Bowling (3DS eShop) - $2.99 from April 12-27
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Art Academy: First Semester (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Mario Golf (Wii VC) - 250 Coins, available until May 11
    Super Mario World (Wii U VC) - 200 Coins, available until May 11
    Trajectile (DSiWare) - 200 Coins, available until May 11

MACH RIDER!

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Hey, Boxxle! Some people may be more familiar with its Japanese name, Sokoban, which I think is what it was called on early home computers. It's the puzzle game where you push boxes onto dots and try not to gently caress it up.

It's a real classic. I had the GameBoy version and played the hell out of it, but you can probably find a handful of free versions for your other devices.

Cheesegod
Aug 15, 2001

Offensive Clock

I think you mean

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I want goons a plenty posting their Mii QR codes when this game comes out. I want to lord over Goon Island.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Kabanaw posted:

...It says in his post that Atlus is publishing it since its kickstarter failed.

doesn't mean i can't still be surprised.

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here

Davincie posted:

doesn't mean i can't still be surprised.

Fair enough, it just seemed like you didn't see that :v:

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

GBA Wario Ware is very tempting, that was a huge timesink game for teenage me and I want to relive the magic. Or is NES Remix a better investment? Decisions, decisions.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

GBA Wario Ware is very tempting, that was a huge timesink game for teenage me and I want to relive the magic. Or is NES Remix a better investment? Decisions, decisions.
WarioWare is cheaper and includes Dr. Wario. NES Remix is good but you're better off waiting to buy NES Remix 2 since it doesn't have awful poo poo like Ice Climbers, Golf and Urban Champion in it.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

People really over react to Urban Champions presence in NES Remix, since it isn't one of the headlining games. It's just one of the multiple games featured in the Remix categories that get like 3-5 levels based on them in comparison to the 6-20 something the others get. Ice Climbers and Golf are pretty lame though.

Fight! For your kite!
Jul 29, 2008
NES Remix made those awkward games accessible and fun. The little events made it easy to enjoy and embrace the core gameplay of Nintendo's lesser known titles. I ended up liking a number titles I would of usually shut off in a few minutes. The larger titles like SMB and Zelda felt like awkward cliff notes rather than fun gameplay snippets.

I am worried about the sequel. More than half of the games featured are platformers, so be prepared for very similar challenges. This also limits the remix potential which ran out of steam quickly in the first game.

I imagine the first game will be discounted when the sequel comes out.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

I like NES Remix, but the original Wario Ware is a bonafide classic. Not even a choice.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Crawfish posted:

People really over react to Urban Champions presence in NES Remix, since it isn't one of the headlining games. It's just one of the multiple games featured in the Remix categories that get like 3-5 levels based on them in comparison to the 6-20 something the others get. Ice Climbers and Golf are pretty lame though.

Clu Clu Land was the worst part of NES remix for me. Might be different if I had played it in the 80s.

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

deafmute posted:

WarioWare is cheaper and includes Dr. Wario.

I forgot all about the full minigames. Yeah that makes this a real no-brainer.

Also don't hate on Clu Clu Land and Golf, those were my most prized possessions in Animal Crossing GCN. :colbert:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Sarchasm posted:

Hey, Boxxle! Some people may be more familiar with its Japanese name, Sokoban, which I think is what it was called on early home computers. It's the puzzle game where you push boxes onto dots and try not to gently caress it up.

It's a real classic. I had the GameBoy version and played the hell out of it, but you can probably find a handful of free versions for your other devices.

Boxzle:
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/SUJSgSfkF-q3GSsPnshFCJzJIiCEwgNC

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I... Oh.

:saddowns:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

What the gently caress did I just watch?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable

irlZaphod posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch?

Nintendo Sims.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Babby Sathanas posted:

Nintendo Sims.

They already did dogs and cats, so it's only logical that pet humans should follow next.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Crossposting from the 3DS thread because why not:

Nintendo just announced another free game promotion for Japan, but this one's a little different to the last few:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/campaign/3dsLL2014/

Buying a 3DS XL between April 26-September 30 will give you a free voucher to downloaded any one select title "recommended' by Nintendo, with the "recommended" games switching out each month. The first two recommended games are Animal Crossing and Yokai Watch, and they'll be available until the end of May. The voucher itself expires on September 30. Hmm...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of April 17):

quote:

WII U eSHOP
    My Exotic Farm - €4.99 / £4.49 or €3.49 / £3.14 for owners of My Farm
    My Farm - €4.99 / £4.49 (permanent price reduction)
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    F-ZERO: Maximum Velocity (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Golden Sun (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Mario Kart 8/Super Mario Kart digital promotion - buy Super Mario Kart on the VC, get a €7.99 / £5.49 discount on Mario Kart 8! Starts May 30, ends June 30.
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £5.99 until April 17
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 24
    Disney Epic Mickey 2; The Power of Two (Wii U) - €17.49 / £14.99 from April 17-24
    Giana Sisters; Twisted Dreams (Wii U eShop) - €8.99 / £7.7 from April 17-24

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Golf World Tour (demo)
    Etrian Odyssey Untold; Millennium Girl (demo)
3DS eSHOP
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club - €14.99 / £13.49
    Putty Squad - €19.99 / £17.99
    Tiny Games: Knights & Dragons - €2.99 / £2.49
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse (NES) - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Mario Golf World Tour on the eShop, get Mario Golf (GBC) for free! (promo runs from May 2-29)
    Nintendo Pocket Football Club (3DS eShop) - €11.99 / £10.79 from April 17-May 1
    Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 from April 17-24
    Angry Bunnies (3DS eShop) - €4.85 / £4.49 until April 17
    Fishdom H20: Hidden Odyssey (3DS eShop) - €3.74 / £3.35 until April 17
    Snow Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until April 17
    Real Heroes: Firefighters 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 17
    4 Elements (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest Mysteries 3: The Seventh Gate (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Jewel Quest 4 Heritage (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Luxor (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8
    Secret Mysteries in London (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until May 8

Note the Mario Golf promo: if you buy the full game from the eShop before May 29 you'll get a free download code for Mario Golf GBC! (The GBC game will go on sale on May 29, but you can redeem the code early.)

Also note the introductory discount on Nintendo Pocket Football Club: it'll be 20% off for the first couple weeks.

Castlevania 3 owns, F-Zero isn't bad, I'm sure lots of people like Golden Sun.

Epic Mickey 2 is complete junk, avoid. Epic Mickey 3DS is pretty but still not much fun.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This is where I wish Nintendo would take a cue from Sega's 3D Classics and just stick DIP switches in there, because if you aren't playing the Japanese version of Castlevania 3, you're playing the bad version of Castlevania 3.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Just in case some one is wondering what the hell Putty Squad is: It's something of a small legend in Amiga-computer gaming circles, since they never published it on any platform despite pages of (p)review articles full of praise for the game in relevant gaming magazines in the mid 90s, unless you count the demo that were given to the press and eventually leaked to pirates. It was supposed to be Amiga's answer to Mario, as one rag quoted a PR guy at the time: A platformer where you controlled a blue blob of putty, who could stretch and jump around places. There was even a Sega Megadrive version. But no release ever happened, making it something of a lost treasure.

That is, until last year when they finally published the Amiga-version free of charge on their website. They've since been releasing a more polished version of the game for contenporary platforms, sans the freeware status.

Is it worth 19.99€, though? Umm... I think I'll buy Nintendo Pocket Football Club first.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just a head's ups, I found out today that Nintendo of Europe had the 3D World Soundtrack on their Star Catalogue, so jump on that, it's 3000 points.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Hakkesshu posted:

This is where I wish Nintendo would take a cue from Sega's 3D Classics and just stick DIP switches in there, because if you aren't playing the Japanese version of Castlevania 3, you're playing the bad version of Castlevania 3.

There is no bad version of Castlevania 3.

Kurtofan posted:

Just a head's ups, I found out today that Nintendo of Europe had the 3D World Soundtrack on their Star Catalogue, so jump on that, it's 3000 points.

It's on the AU/NZ Club Nintendo, too (or was, it's probably gone by now).

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Apr 14, 2014

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rexroom posted:

Just in case some one is wondering what the hell Putty Squad is: It's something of a small legend in Amiga-computer gaming circles, since they never published it on any platform despite pages of (p)review articles full of praise for the game in relevant gaming magazines in the mid 90s, unless you count the demo that were given to the press and eventually leaked to pirates. It was supposed to be Amiga's answer to Mario, as one rag quoted a PR guy at the time: A platformer where you controlled a blue blob of putty, who could stretch and jump around places. There was even a Sega Megadrive version. But no release ever happened, making it something of a lost treasure.

That is, until last year when they finally published the Amiga-version free of charge on their website. They've since been releasing a more polished version of the game for contenporary platforms, sans the freeware status.

Is it worth 19.99€, though? Umm... I think I'll buy Nintendo Pocket Football Club first.

Not quite, it was released on the SNES in Europe.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/04/14/nintendo-cutting-price-five-nintendo-3ds-games-north-america/

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and New Super Mario Bros. 2 are now all $29.99 on the eshop permanently

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Any good reason to pick up Mario Kart 7 IG I'm getting 8 in a month anyway?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

greatn posted:

Any good reason to pick up Mario Kart 7 IG I'm getting 8 in a month anyway?

They are on different systems

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Golden Sun is a fantastic game that looks god drat beautiful on a big screen, so y'all should get on that as F-Zero GBA isn't that great.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah Golden Sun kicks rear end. One of the few JRPGs I've actually enjoyed enough to finish and the sequel is even better. Did the DS game end up being any good? I remember reading mixed reviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Word on the street was that Golden Sun DS was pretty bad and ended with a never resolved cliffhanger.