Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Staggering large enemies is also super useful, as well as fun and most importantly stylish. It feels great to just block a disruptor and then get a stealth attack animation off on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Looks like servers are down. Can''t get into the game at all

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Ice Fist posted:

I always feel the need to see enemies I kill vaporize. I don't like leaving behind messes. :colbert:

It helps that it also turns off their gravity (for absolutely no reason other than hilarity) so they gracefully float into the air as they disintegrate into pink particles.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
The only bad thing about vaporizing enemies is that it screws with Desecrate if you're Nekros-farming.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Male Man posted:

The only bad thing about vaporizing enemies is that it screws with Desecrate if you're Nekros-farming.

:stare:

I did not know this. This is actually a good reason to not channel all the time.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

I always feel the need to see enemies I kill vaporize. I don't like leaving behind messes. :colbert:

You are quite a tidy fellow, aren't you? :colbert:

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Man, I crafted the furax punch hands and they really suck, which disappoints me because they look really cool.

Yeah, they're not the best of the punchy ones (that one is probably still Obex) -- however, they are pretty good with a potato in them.

The catch about all of the fist weapons, really, is that Reach and Fury are mandatory for them to be enjoyable, which ends up meaning that a potato is mandatory in order to have enough points left for good +damage mods.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Male Man posted:

You can still interact with channel-killed corpses with Desecrate. I've actually cut one in half (which de-vaporized it :v:), then desecrated both parts with no hassles. It seems like it's similar to Molecular Prime in that there's still a corpse node, but it may not last as long.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Well, when the servers are back up I have more welfare handouts for people. Also, I have a paltry sum of 5 WHOLE PLAT. First person to name the last rock concert/performer I saw gets it all, mainly because we have to do something while we wait to shoot more mans. It was in October 2012, name the concert or performers, I don't care.

Oh hey, you can get life strike as a 5 minute reward on the pluto rail survival. :vince:

And we're back. Glorious.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 14, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Improbable Lobster posted:

What if the rails were up for longer between attacks and clans had to queue up and bid on being the next attackers?

What if the whole thing is kinda stupid and pointless? It might distract clans for a few weeks for no real results.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

I've been getting CTDs and random freezes on Warframe ever since I started playing. Is this normal?

Yes, the game randomly freezing and crashing to the desktop is normal.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I love cats posted:

You are quite a tidy fellow, aren't you? :colbert:

Only when it comes to corpses of monsters, mushroom men, and robots.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Echophonic posted:

You can still interact with channel-killed corpses with Desecrate. I've actually cut one in half (which de-vaporized it :v:), then desecrated both parts with no hassles. It seems like it's similar to Molecular Prime in that there's still a corpse node, but it may not last as long.

Yeah, that's what I meant to say. The optimal way to desecrate is to bisect everyone and then double-tap with Natural Talent. With four Nekroses you can get up to 17 loot rolls on an enemy.

Which is pretty serious if you're Tranquil Cleave farming.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Male Man posted:

Yeah, that's what I meant to say. The optimal way to desecrate is to bisect everyone and then double-tap with Natural Talent. With four Nekroses you can get up to 17 loot rolls on an enemy.

I can add a nekros to this endeavor in a few more days. I've got the loadout for it ready.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Fourthmeal Fanboy posted:

Yes, the game randomly freezing and crashing to the desktop is normal.

This game is fun as hell but drat if it isn't the most unstable game I've played in years.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
You need resource chance boosters for time-capital efficiency, not sure if they stack with each other though (absolutely yes if so). Then again, it may be better for some people to literally pay some pubbie to farm the mod for them. So four Nekros running swords should yield best RNG dick-bashing results.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

Male Man posted:

I believe that natural talent and multiple Nekros only works against Prosecutors. Because I've been in regular missions with multiple Nekros and we were definitely competing for corpses. That said, I can't say for certain that we were competing for corpses as of Update 13. So maybe the update changed things.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

It seems unfair how much better volt's 1 skill is compared to nekros' 1. Although, I do really miss all the free corpse loot when I play as volt.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chat is broken still but Azran and I are in game, I was even able to invite him.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yesterday I made 500 plat off pubbies by selling Tranquil Cleave at silly prices.

It feels good to not pay for plat.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012
:siren: Steel Charge Alert :siren: good for the next thirty minutes.

Aenslaed
Mar 29, 2004
Nonfactor

Lanky Coconut Tree posted:

This game is fun as hell but drat if it isn't the most unstable game I've played in years.

It is mainly from update 13. Prior to this, CTDs were very infrequent and the game was fairly stable. In the last few days after u13 I've had warframe ctd/lock up/black screen more than the last several months combined..

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Ice Fist posted:

I was using volt almost exclusively yesterday and I never once ran into a situation where I felt that constantly channeling was preventing me from using his ultimate.
Without any efficiency mods I burned through my stack of energy hilariously quick with the Obex. Base channel cost + extremely fast attack rate = hahaha hope you didn't like having energy idiot

ullerrm posted:

Yeah, they're not the best of the punchy ones (that one is probably still Obex) -- however, they are pretty good with a potato in them.
The Furax seems to have this weird problem where one or two of the basic four punch combo seems to have its attack hitbox hosed up. Like I'll be punching a dude and be consistently missing him every third or fourth attack and it was aggravating as hell.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Denzine posted:

Yesterday I made 500 plat off pubbies by selling Tranquil Cleave at silly prices.

It feels good to not pay for plat.

I sold a Life Strike to a guy for 200 plat.

On the other hand, some idiot got it from transmutation a day before the Dark Sectors came out, and thus nobody knew how you'd get them-and he sold it for 20 plat. His rationale? "It sucks, because if you always play Rhino and Rhino skin all the time and play no other Warframes ever and also always use melee channeling for your damage it's wasteful".

It's become a running joke in the clan, wherein everyone who has a Life Strike occasionally says they'll trade "a useless mod called Life Strike" for things like "3 Slash Dashes".

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

People buy life strike? I've gotten a couple of them and they don't seem rare.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

They were very rare and valuable in the 2-3 days between the launch of update 13 and the deployment of the first Solar Rails to Dark Sectors (where the mods drop semicommonly as rewards). Before that transmutation was the only(?) way to get them.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, we did like 6 5 minute survivals out on Pluto and got one (also space rich :awesome:). I got a Quickening on my second run just messing around with it.

Which is great, because I always forget to channel because I'm dumb.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

So does Warrior's Grip just defray the stamina cost or do you actually recover stamina while blocking?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Male Man posted:

So does Warrior's Grip just defray the stamina cost or do you actually recover stamina while blocking?
I don't have Warrior's Grip but I have been messing around with blocking and reflection.

From what I could tell, blocking a hit drains stamina depending on how hard you got hit (note that you can reflect an Arson Eximus' gigantic fire blast right back into his stupid face), holding block when nothing's hitting you will recover stamina slowly, and just standing without your sword up like a doof will recover faster. Not entirely unlike Dark Souls, actually.

So if you're doing a silly reflection build, you still want to be aware of your surroundings so you can step behind a corner and put your sword down every now and then.

Captain Keene
Dec 20, 2012
Do the enemies in the rail conflict missions even drop mods? I did a few runs to see what they were like and the enemies don't seem to want to drop much of anything. The NPC Tenno thing is kinda cool I guess, but these missions really seem pointless.

Cainer
May 8, 2008

Captain Keene posted:

Do the enemies in the rail conflict missions even drop mods? I did a few runs to see what they were like and the enemies don't seem to want to drop much of anything. The NPC Tenno thing is kinda cool I guess, but these missions really seem pointless.

Yes they drop things, went in there on my Loki and have been spending my time taking pics of all the enemies before leaving. The Tenno drop nothing but the bots do drop things. Only Have one of the bots finished, the fusion MOA drops Bleeding Willow the polearm rare stance.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Cainer posted:

Yes they drop things, went in there on my Loki and have been spending my time taking pics of all the enemies before leaving. The Tenno drop nothing but the bots do drop things. Only Have one of the bots finished, the fusion MOA drops Bleeding Willow the polearm rare stance.

Is that only Guardian Fusion Moas or any Fusion Moa?

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Fusion Guardian MOA

Fatal Attraction
Second Wind
Striker
Antitoxin
Bleeding Willow
Reflex Guard

Orokin Drone

Fusion Core
Hush
Soul Punch
Terrify
Coolant Leak
Fired Up

Drone Guardian and Tenno don't drop anything.

Cainer fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Apr 15, 2014

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Corrupted MOAs will drop it too. So really the only reason to bother with the solar rail poo poo is if you want to try and speed up being able to run the money making missions. Or just do the smart thing and go do T3 captures while others fix the problem.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
The first time I did one of the solar rails I got real confused, because the NPC warframe was a Loki that went invisible and one shot everyone with what sounded like a Hek. It was pretty sweet.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy

NeurosisHead posted:

The first time I did one of the solar rails I got real confused, because the NPC warframe was a Loki that went invisible and one shot everyone with what sounded like a Hek. It was pretty sweet.

I ran one yesterday, and the enemy npc team was all volts.

I was running rhino, and they casted their 1 at me, and it chained to the Vauban, Nekros and unstealthed Loki behind me. They did not fare well.

But I was fine.

Errant911
Aug 17, 2007
We live by the sword.
I recently started this game up again. I had played a grand total of 1 hour from wayyy long ago, and figured I'd give it a second shot this weekend. I roped a fellow goon into it, and we played 20 hours over the next 2 days...

I started with Excalibur and am on the verge of hitting rank 30, so I'm on the hunt for a new frame. I already have all the parts for Oberon, and instead of confirming he was a logical next step, I just got drunk and decided to started building. I still need a control module, but I hear orokin void is a good place to farm those. I haven't had much luck with Europa. I was reading some mediocre reviews on Oberon. I also have Nyx's BPs. Would that be a significantly better choice or is Oberon not as meh as people seem to think?

btw, account name is TenNewt911. I applied for the goon clan. Happy hunting.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oberon is not amazing at high levels but he'll probably be pretty fun and useful where you are. Just about anybody is good for a second warframe.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Once you get into the clan, you should be willing to find someone to help farm the parts for drat near any standard frame you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Once you get into the clan, you should be willing to find someone to help farm the parts for drat near any standard frame you want.

Let's be honest here, who wouldn't farm prime parts, even if it's just to work on a full set to trade off for plat?