Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The FMP animations are a little meh to be honest and so are the EW animations.

However the animations that are on are loving on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxU9xG5jSyQ

loving on. (spoilers for last stage in video.)

Ethiser posted:

What do you mean by this? Z2.1 was 50 stages long.

Z2.1 felt like the first half of a lot of stuff. To me Z3.1 feels like a full game that could stand on its own if not for the last Epilogue stage which clearly sets up Z3.2. Maybe other people will feel differently but it feels more complete to me. YMMV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
Noriko's line in the epilogue made me think we might see Diebuster next game. Is that feasible?

Also, "the fate of the blue world and the green one" almost gave me Gaogaigar hype but I know better.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Broken Loose posted:

Also, "the fate of the blue world and the green one" almost gave me Gaogaigar hype but I know better.

I got the same vibe and it felt like Banpresto was rubbing salt on the wound...

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The green world is obviously an earth that has been very polluted. You know what series takes place on a polluted earth. G Gundam. Momaru's dad was also Domon's dad and the Genesic GaoGaiGar fills the roll of the Devil Gundam. Make it happen Banpresto.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Green World is actually an alternate Earth whose oceans have been replaced by Gunleon's tears.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Ethiser posted:

The green world is obviously an earth that has been very polluted. You know what series takes place on a polluted earth. G Gundam. Momaru's dad was also Domon's dad and the Genesic GaoGaiGar fills the roll of the Devil Gundam. Make it happen Banpresto.

The green world is Arktos and we're going to have Gear Fighter Dendoh back :dance:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ethiser posted:

What do you mean by this? Z2.1 was 50 stages long.
I didn't really enjoy it as much as Z2.2 and Z1 and there were quite a few units that just got little for upgrades from what I can remember (I am probably wrong).

Kanos posted:

Even the more common complaining about the FMP animations flies over my head because aside from the lovely animations on Sousuke's M9 that he has for like four stages they look fine to me.
The best is the megathread on gamefaqs of people complaining about the load times and the 2d map instead of a 3d map, hehe

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Rascyc posted:

I didn't really enjoy it as much as Z2.2 and Z1 and there were quite a few units that just got little for upgrades from what I can remember (I am probably wrong).

They mostly didn't seem to have a finger on how to properly do a two-part game yet, so it felt like they saved too much stuff for Z2.2 so a significant portion of the cast was left half finished(and usually sans upgrades) at the end of part 1. It was very unsatisfying feeling.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
There are some animations that are definitely off, and it's not just the FMP units. (Off the top of my head, both Dancouga and Mazinger Z have some questionable work.)

But that's par for the course with so many people working on these games; not everything is going to be Nu Gundam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Rascyc posted:

No that's pretty true and valid criticism. I just thought you were saying the game was too short.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

The best is the megathread on gamefaqs of people complaining about the load times and the 2d map instead of a 3d map, hehe

Load times? What?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm assuming they mean the brief lull between the start of the battle and the actual attack you see in a lot of videos. Which isn't exactly new, so not really sure what the problem is.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

Load times? What?
Beats me, I just assume it's a vita thing or the elusive "I have a PS3 from launch day" stuff. I have no idea.

Pureauthor posted:

There are some animations that are definitely off, and it's not just the FMP units. (Off the top of my head, both Dancouga and Mazinger Z have some questionable work.)

But that's par for the course with so many people working on these games; not everything is going to be Nu Gundam.
Dancouga is just a recycle. Mazinger is mostly a recycle but it has some new cut ins and a couple new effects. The breast fire one is pretty excellent in my opinion!

I always loved photon beam personally too, I'm cool Mazinger.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Broken Loose posted:

Noriko's line in the epilogue made me think we might see Diebuster next game. Is that feasible?

I remember someone on 4chan a few years ago said that Terada, in an interview, said he wanted to have an SRW where they had all of the different Gainax series at the same time, but hadn't really felt like the right opportunity to do so had come along yet. So I think it's a distinct possibility we might see a full Final Gainax Special in the next game.
Then again this was years ago and my memory might just be trying to get my hopes up.

Hikarusa
Sep 8, 2011

Brunom1 posted:

Someone posted a subbed version yesterday, so here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duHjc02fjf4

Someone named "Chrono" is mentioned by Char. Could that be Chronicle from Victory Gundam?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Hikarusa posted:

Someone named "Chrono" is mentioned by Char. Could that be Chronicle from Victory Gundam?

I'd be really down for a good F91 and Victory inclusion. Victory hasn't even been in a drat game since D and the last F91 appearance was in Alpha 2, which was Crossbone plot so it doesn't really count.

It would also make a lot more sense to move the UC plotline forward instead of trying to double back and do ZZ, as much as I loving love ZZ.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Kanos posted:

I'd be really down for a good F91 and Victory inclusion. Victory hasn't even been in a drat game since D and the last F91 appearance was in Alpha 2, which was Crossbone plot so it doesn't really count.

It would also make a lot more sense to move the UC plotline forward instead of trying to double back and do ZZ, as much as I loving love ZZ.

Did D include Uso fighting the floating bazooka bikini babes? Because that's like the most fun part of Victory, aside from maybe the gigantic rolling death wheel mobile suits.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Kanos posted:

As much as I'd love to have Crossbone Gundam again, I heard some people saying that Camille and others were headed to Shangri-La in order to fix their MS after the end of Z3.1, which would point towards ZZ.

Is it legit or were people just posting bullshit?

I love this almost as much as the Astray BGMs.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
By the way, i HIGHLY recommend using your own BGM's if you can. It changes the game completely and it is totally EPIC. JAM Project for Guren and Kallen make every second epic. Using the actual vocal versions for HEATS and Kanjite Knight has proven to be the best decision ever.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

As much as I'd love to have Crossbone Gundam again, I heard some people saying that Camille and others were headed to Shangri-La in order to fix their MS after the end of Z3.1, which would point towards ZZ.

Is it legit or were people just posting bullshit?

That was complete bullshit unless I missed something. Nobody is going anywhere to repair in the ending.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Policenaut posted:

Did D include Uso fighting the floating bazooka bikini babes? Because that's like the most fun part of Victory, aside from maybe the gigantic rolling death wheel mobile suits.
I don't believe ANY game in the franchise has featured that :psyduck: moment from Victory.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ImpAtom posted:

That was complete bullshit unless I missed something. Nobody is going anywhere to repair in the ending.

God drat it. :negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

God drat it. :negative:

It's entirely possible I missed something but the ending of the game is a CG cutscene of space-time cracking and the second Earth appearing. There's nothing afterwards until the post-credit scene where nobody from Zeta appears at all.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

It's entirely possible I missed something but the ending of the game is a CG cutscene of space-time cracking and the second Earth appearing. There's nothing afterwards until the post-credit scene where nobody from Zeta appears at all.

Is that second Earth where the bad guys from EVOL come from? If not how are they explained?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Kanos posted:

EVOL spoilers ahead. MIX hates men because of issues stemming from her father basically abandoning their family. Andy is initially attracted to her due to her having enormous anime breasts. She initially rejects him due to her issues, but through a surprisingly decent series of interactions for two side characters in an anime they grow close. MIX gets kidnapped by the bad dudes and taken to their planet, so the Aquarion dudes mount a rescue mission and find out that she's lost her memories and due to whatever the gently caress is wrong with Bad Guy Planet she's also turned into a guy. When Andy finds this out he has a brief moment of Gay Panic about "Oh god if she's a guy now and I'm still crushing what does that make me" before coming to terms with this and deciding that he loves MIX for who they are regardless of their gender. The two of them even combine and help Amata for the final battle with MIX still as a guy. The post-series "one month later" shot shows her having changed back into her female body over time, but it's really rather touching that they would have him decide "I'm going to love you for who you are" rather than "I'm going to find a way to restore your titties so I can go back to loving you".
I don't even know how I feel about that. It's either progressive as hell or idiotic as hell, I can't really tell.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don't even know how I feel about that. It's either progressive as hell or idiotic as hell, I can't really tell.
a summary of Aquarion in general.

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!

Broken Loose posted:

Don't gently caress with my heart...

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Can someone give me a list of which pilot's special power is for Aquarion Evol when the element system is active?

I just realized you can switch all the pilots out at any time during combat :negative:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Rascyc posted:

Can someone give me a list of which pilot's special power is for Aquarion Evol when the element system is active?

I just realized you can switch all the pilots out at any time during combat :negative:

At 130 Will or more:
Gravitational Interference (Amata): Sky movement acquired, Move +1, Sky A rank for all weapons.
Impact Power (Zessica): Damage is multiplied by 1.05.
Despair Vision (Cayenne): Final Hit, Evade and Critical rates increase by 15%.
Hole Digging (Andy):Underground movement acquired, all weapons acquire Barrier Pierce.
Spiritual Performance (Shrade): Own and adjacent teams have their stats increased by 5.
Frailty Power (Moroi): All weapons acquire Armor Down.
Vacuum Filling (MIX): HP Regen (Small) and EN Regen (Small) activate.
Corrosion Power (Sazanka): All enemy units within a 5 space radius have their Will reduced by 2.
Optical Penetration (Yunoha): Double Image (50% rate) acquired.
Binding Power (Mikono): Own team's main pilot recovers 5 SP at the start of the Player Phase.

Copied directly from Akurasu.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Rascyc posted:

The list is:

Gravitational Interference (Amata): Sky movement acquired, Move +1, Sky A rank for all weapons.
Power of Distortion (Zessica): Damage is multiplied by 1.05.
Prophecy of Despair (Cayenne): Final Hit, Evade and Critical rates increase by 15%.
Hole Digging (Andy): Underground movement acquired, all weapons acquire Barrier Pierce.
Soul Performance (Shrade): Own and adjacent teams have their stats increased by 5.
Power of Fragility (Moroi): All weapons acquire Armor Down.
Spatial Augmentation (MIX): HP Regen (Small) and EN Regen (Small) activate.
Power of Corrosion (Sazanka): All enemy units within a 5 space radius have their Will reduced by 2.
Optical ... something. (Yunoha): Double Image (50% rate) acquired.
Binding Power (Mikono): Own team's main pilot recovers 5 SP at the start of the Player Phase.

I haven't seen EVOL so some of the names might be wrong. Also ace bonuses may interact with them; I don't know all of them, but I know at least Mikono's does (she gives it to the copilots also, not just the main pilot).

Prism fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Apr 15, 2014

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Thanks, I looked over on the wiki and couldn't find it.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

It's both. Aquarion is at its heart about a love triangle between a gay angel, a bisexual angel, and a straight human woman, after all.

Infinity Gaia posted:

At 130 Will or more:
Impact Power (Zessica): Damage is multiplied by 1.05.
Despair Vision (Cayenne): Final Hit, Evade and Critical rates increase by 15%.
Hole Digging (Andy):Underground movement acquired, all weapons acquire Barrier Pierce.
Spiritual Performance (Shrade): Own and adjacent teams have their stats increased by 5.
Frailty Power (Moroi): All weapons acquire Armor Down.
Vacuum Filling (MIX): HP Regen (Small) and EN Regen (Small) activate.
Corrosion Power (Sazanka): All enemy units within a 5 space radius have their Will reduced by 2.
Optical Penetration (Yunoha): Double Image (50% rate) acquired.

It's worth noting that past stage 28 or 29 or so Amata's power changes to S ranks and everyone's abilities gain the ability to affect the Aquarion even if they're not the main pilot. You too can have an Aquarion with S Sky rank for all weapons, armor down on everything, and after-image.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

It's both. Aquarion is at its heart about a love triangle between a gay angel, a bisexual angel, and a straight human woman, after all.

You mean a heterosexual dog, right?

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kanos posted:

It's worth noting that past stage 28 or 29 or so Amata's power changes to S ranks and everyone's abilities gain the ability to affect the Aquarion even if they're not the main pilot. You too can have an Aquarion with S Sky rank for all weapons, armor down on everything, and after-image.

I like how clearly we both copied the same thing at different times (or someone copying from one to the other) given they're /sort/ of close, but then the names of a few things are different. Oh well, at least the effects are all correct even if the translations aren't.

Is it just me, or are some of them way better than others? (I'm looking at you Cayenne.)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Well, it's better than the Aquarion was in Z2. Admittedly I didn't experiment with it much, but was there any point to the non-default set-ups whatsoever?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

You mean a heterosexual dog, right?

Love Quadrangle.

Prism posted:

I like how clearly we both copied the same thing at different times (or someone copying from one to the other) given they're /sort/ of close, but then the names of a few things are different. Oh well, at least the effects are all correct even if the translations aren't.

Is it just me, or are some of them way better than others? (I'm looking at you Cayenne.)

I was quoting the poster above you. :ssh:

There's a bunch of really good ones(Cayenne, Malloy/Moroi, Andy, Yunoha, Jin, MIX) and a few really awful ones(Sazanka, Shrade, Zessica).

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Kanos posted:

Love Quadrangle.

I was quoting the poster above you. :ssh:

There's a bunch of really good ones(Cayenne, Malloy/Moroi, Andy, Yunoha, Jin, MIX) and a few really awful ones(Sazanka, Shrade, Zessica).

:doh: I guess I wasn't quite fast enough; I didn't realize it was there.

What is Jin's, if anyone knows? He's not on the list.

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Prism posted:

:doh: I guess I wasn't quite fast enough; I didn't realize it was there.

What is Jin's, if anyone knows? He's not on the list.

It's a barrier, though I'm not sure how much it blocks.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Phlogistic posted:

It's a barrier, though I'm not sure how much it blocks.

There's no surprises there then. I couldn't really think it was anything else, though I was kind of hoping it's just an AT Field. You want to be isolated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

Prism posted:

There's no surprises there then. I couldn't really think it was anything else, though I was kind of hoping it's just an AT Field. You want to be isolated?

The funny thing about that is that Misato actually seems to mistake it for an AT field when it first manifests.

• Locked thread