Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Endorph posted:

Well, it's better than the Aquarion was in Z2. Admittedly I didn't experiment with it much, but was there any point to the non-default set-ups whatsoever?

Reika's Ace Bonus was +25 Skill for activating Double Attack more cheaply. Of course Silvia had better spirits and Aquarion suffers from major Getter syndrome in that there is never any reason to change to Mars or Luna so any other pilots won't be gaining their Ace Bonus for a few NG+ cycles. The first Z had the same problem; the only time you should ever use the non-default pilots was for Event stages and when Sirius was gone, especially since only the default pilots gave Solar an ALL attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Phlogistic posted:

It's a barrier, though I'm not sure how much it blocks.

It works exactly like the item, so it reduces damage taken by 1500ish. It's quite excellent to get such a good ability without spending an item slot. Jin's presence also gives the Gepard a rather impressive MAP weapon, so I'm hoping I get him back. I've heard he's saveable but no one knows the conditions.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

The only time the Aquarion B-cast was ever worth using was when Z1 gave you the MP Aquarion for Reika, Pierre and Luna. :v:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Wow, the beginning of CCA did not go how I was expecting. I was expecting Char to assassinate Haman or something and instead we get

Haman: As of right now, I am stepping down as leader of Neo Zeon. Here is my successor, Char.
Char: Hi. I'm declaring war on the federation.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Eternal Volfogg posted:

By the way, i HIGHLY recommend using your own BGM's if you can. It changes the game completely and it is totally EPIC. JAM Project for Guren and Kallen make every second epic. Using the actual vocal versions for HEATS and Kanjite Knight has proven to be the best decision ever.

Not only was I planning on that, I was planning on going full circle and giving Char 'Trombe!'

Perhaps even the orchestrated version.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
ImpAtom - would you be willing to share your clear data save, either here or on GameFAQs?

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Removed for being a fake.

Eternal Volfogg fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Apr 15, 2014

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!
That's all fake. There's no source and when you reverse search the date/ID tags they lead you nowhere.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kanos posted:

I'd be really down for a good F91 and Victory inclusion. Victory hasn't even been in a drat game since D and the last F91 appearance was in Alpha 2, which was Crossbone plot so it doesn't really count.

It would also make a lot more sense to move the UC plotline forward instead of trying to double back and do ZZ, as much as I loving love ZZ.

Oh man, the Victory is one of my favourite Gundams. What I would give for new SRW Wings of Light... :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpIjX20ZLiU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Nobody ever straight out asks "why did the animations suck" come on :V

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Using TM Revolution - Heart of Sword with Dancouga Nova has yielded fantastic results.
One of my more entertaining combos is CC's Pink Lancelot with the Revolutionary Girl Utena Opening

What are some other people using custom BGM's favorite combinations? Might be cool to see what everyone is doing

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I love that this game has actual gameplay confirmation that Shinkiro's absolute protection barrier is stronger than a goddamn AT Field.

Geass fanboys indeed.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Can someone explain why CCA even happens in this?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

-Troika- posted:

Can someone explain why CCA even happens in this?

Big spoilers:

Char realizes something is wrong with the world as-is and wants to purposefully engineer an Axis Shock in order to free the world from the illusion/Time Prison deal.

Haman and Full Frontal don't know anything about this and genuinely think ramming a giant asteroid into earth is a good idea, because souls bound by gravity blah blah blah, so Char is basically conning them to get what he wants.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Levantine posted:

ImpAtom - would you be willing to share your clear data save, either here or on GameFAQs?

Sure, I can upload it pretty quick somewhere or another.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
It turns out that Z3-2 is gonna skip Gundam ZZ and go straight to Gundam ZZZ.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Eternal Volfogg posted:

What are some other people using custom BGM's favorite combinations? Might be cool to see what everyone is doing

Well, since I can't use the utter silliness I suggested in the last thread (Gundam X and X Gon Give It To Ya), I am planning on giving the entire Code Geass team the Greatest Hits of Nakagawa - Black Knights for Zero, plus special guest stars Magma for Kallen/Guren and probably Picaresque for Suzaku. I'm not sure where Tabidachi no Kane ga Naru goes, I may just overwrite 00 with it because 00.

And, because of his use of the Shinning Finger, I'm pretty sure I'm going with Moero Toushi for Shinn and Destiny.

Zessica is getting Hot in Herre.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
It's too bad classic Mazinger isn't in the game, because this would've ruled for Boss Borot.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gundam AGE? :v:

EDIT: Also, I was gonna give everyone songs that their VAs had sung, but lack of Lunamaria to give Platinum to has made me not care enough to.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 15, 2014

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Endorph posted:

Gundam AGE? :v:

EDIT: Also, I was gonna give everyone songs that their VAs had sung, but lack of Lunamaria to give Platinum to has made me not care enough to.
Mari is in the game. You'd have to sacrifice Asuka to get her, though.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
That sounds incredibly arbitrary.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

AradoBalanga posted:

Mari is in the game. You'd have to sacrifice Asuka to get her, though.

Eh, I'm ok with it, Rebuild Asuka is boring anyways.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

BlitzBlast posted:

If you watch the animations you'll learn an entirely new meaning for the word.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I wish they would have just given us Mari in her wheeled Eva from the beginning of movie 2.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Broken Loose posted:

It turns out that Z3-2 is gonna skip Gundam ZZ and go straight to Gundam ZZZ.

I was always partial to the ZZ that was just two zeta gundam models kitbashed together. Wish I still had the picture.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

It isn't in the slightest. You keep Asuka if you don't activate Eva-03 so she doesn't get Angel'd. You get Mari if you do because Eva-02 no longer has a pilot.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

So I am not sure why I didn't think of this before but I put a flight module on Deathscythe. Surely if wing zero can fly with those dumbass angel wings then why can't Deatscythe fly with its stupid rear end bat wings.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't in the slightest. You keep Asuka if you don't activate Eva-03 so she doesn't get Angel'd. You get Mari if you do because Eva-02 no longer has a pilot.
What's more, is that unless you take the route split where Bardiel appears, it appears that Mari joins by default and Asuka goes bye bye. And, on top of things, there seems to be an extra choice on the Bardiel stage if you do activate EVA-03: have Shinji defeat Bardiel on his own, or let him wuss out and let the dummy plug do the work.

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Lostconfused posted:

So I am not sure why I didn't think of this before but I put a flight module on Deathscythe. Surely if wing zero can fly with those dumbass angel wings then why can't Deatscythe fly with its stupid rear end bat wings.

Because Deathscythe is Batman and Wing Zero is Superman.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

AradoBalanga posted:

What's more, is that unless you take the route split where Bardiel appears, it appears that Mari joins by default and Asuka goes bye bye. And, on top of things, there seems to be an extra choice on the Bardiel stage if you do activate EVA-03: have Shinji defeat Bardiel on his own, or let him wuss out and let the dummy plug do the work.

There is but even if you beat it, Shinji gets Dummy Plugged so I'm not clear what the choice does.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't in the slightest.

The issue here is that I had no idea spoilers and Lunamaria shared the same VA, and for that matter that were talking about spoilers. Man, I have been on a roll with the :downs: lately.

Caros posted:

I was always partial to the ZZ that was just two zeta gundam models kitbashed together. Wish I still had the picture.

Bimmi posted:

In the year 1986 I was building a good-sized collection of Z Gundam model kits, and also doing a lot of acid.

edit: a HELL of a lot of acid.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 16, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

The issue here is that I had no idea spoilers and Lunamaria shared the same VA, and for that matter that were talking about spoilers. Man, I have been on a roll with the :downs: lately.

No concern, I just misunderstood!

Oh man, I want that to be the real Double Zeta now.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

The true user of the Gemini sphere...just replace Hibiki and Suzune with Camille and Four/Fa.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Man, Kamille and his dad are going to kick rear end at the father/son picnic.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Lostconfused posted:

Because Deathscythe's wings are actually a fold-out shield device instead of pointlessly articulated boosters.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I want the movie EVAs to have a Sentai team-up attack. Nothing to add to that really.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Oh come on, you mean to tell me "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!" isn't a team attack?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Oh come on, you mean to tell me "Both of You, Dance Like You Want to Win!" isn't a team attack?!

That Angel isn't in the movies.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Policenaut posted:

That's more of a sports manga thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

When does this choice come up?

• Locked thread