Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regular Dude
Oct 17, 2008

Politicalrancor posted:

why would you cosplay as Lysa Arryn AND her breastfeeding son

I think they are supposed to be Catelyn and Bran Stark, standing next to Eddard in the first pic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Penny Paper
Dec 31, 2012

Is that from that CollegeHumor fake trailer for a live-action Daria movie, or is this an isolated incident of two teen girls dressing up like Daria and Jane?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Regular Dude posted:

I think they are supposed to be Catelyn and Bran Stark, standing next to Eddard in the first pic

I've seen a lot of spinals, Dude, and this guy's a fake. A loving goldbricker. This guy fuckin walks.

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

why would you cosplay as Lysa Arryn AND her breastfeeding son

A boys gotta eat.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
You really gotta hand it to the guy dressed as Jaime Lannister. That's a good costume.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You really gotta hand it to the guy dressed as Jaime Lannister.

Boo this man. Boooooooo!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Boomerjinks posted:

Whyyyyyy didn't you post the picture from the trash compactor set???

This one?

(Set was by the local 501st. They also had a "shoot Greedo" set, which I took full advantage of)

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

PezMaster posted:

This one?

(Set was by the local 501st. They also had a "shoot Greedo" set, which I took full advantage of)

This is great.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Boo this man. Boooooooo!

Nah, I liked it. Two thumbs up!

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Aston posted:

Nah, I liked it. Two thumbs up!

Really wish empty quoting was cool in the grey forums.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PezMaster posted:

... Pleeease? :allears:

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

PezMaster posted:

This one?

Seconding that this is great. As I said it's nice to see someone actually try with a Slave Leia crossplay instead of it just being some 300 pound guy jamming into the smallest clothes he can find.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PezMaster posted:

Look now, you can post all the photos at once or we can wheedle them out of you individually. You know we're coming for all of them. :colbert:

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Captain Patch-It, cosplay hero

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

McPantserton posted:

Captain Patch-It, cosplay hero

That is hilarious and awesome.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Look now, you can post all the photos at once or we can wheedle them out of you individually. You know we're coming for all of them. :colbert:

Here's my favourites from the day:

For a palate cleanser, here is a small astronaut in a wheelchair wearing one of our Daft Punk helmets:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Glad to see that leg injury didn't interrupt the journey to the Adorable Nebula :yayclod:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

PezMaster posted:

You guys are awesome :neckbeard:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

PezMaster posted:

Ok. This is just amazing. :3:

Pigbog
Apr 28, 2005

Unless that is Spider-man if Spider-man were a backyard wrestler or Kurt Cobain, your costume looks shitty.

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

You really gotta hand it to the guy dressed as Jaime Lannister. That's a good costume.

I normally don't find puns funny, but jokes about Jaime Lannister's hand are always comedy gold.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Pigbog posted:

I normally don't find puns funny, but jokes about Jaime Lannister's hand are always comedy gold.

Don't try and disarm him with false flattery. So underhanded.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Duckula
Aug 31, 2001

do not resuscitate

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

When I was a kid in the 80s, I got my Admiral Ackbar figure at Target. On the way home, Mom stopped at McDonald's to grab dinner. I looked at Ackbar's pants, looked at the yellow stripe on a McDonald's straw:

And ever since, I can't see the Admiral without thinking about McDonald's.

fralbjabar
Jan 26, 2007
I am a meat popscicle.
Photo dump from PAX East! I wasn't really specifically looking for photos, this is just what I got wandering around and taking snapshots when the opportunity arose. The expo hall was a lot more crowded this year too, probably missed a lot of cool costumes just because I didn't want to stop in the middle of an aisle to get a picture. Click on any of them for table-breakingly enormous.

Hyperlight Drifter (I only know cause she told me). Yes the sword lights up (and is incredibly bright).

A pretty awesome looking Loki, she was vaguely affiliated with one of the booths

WARHAMS! Needs more skulls though.

Not cosplay, but a sweet as hell statue at the 2K booth promoting Evolve

Slightly blurry group shot, no idea what any of them are. I feel like I should know these.

Assasin's creed something-or-other.

No idea.

Here's a new trend, there were at least a dozen different groups going around doing video interviews with cosplayers. I've seen video interviews before, but it's always been one or two fairly professional looking crews who set up in a corner somewhere and interview the really really good cosplayers. This year at PAX though there was a goddamn plague of amateurs like mr. alienware shirt here and his out of shot accomplice wandering around and conducting video interviews wherever the hell they felt like it.

Ghostbusters always seem like cool dudes.

uhhh...?

Oh hey, a sweet Zelda group says I. I think I'll go over and ask them for a picture. NOPE VIDEO CREW OUT OF NOWHERE.

I have no idea what this person's costume is, but they were awesome.

Mortal Kombat maybe?

No ideas, they were with the previous ninja.

Mixed group, Elsa(?), Rogue (?), ???(?)

Jesus, as it turns out, is a pretty cool dude who hung out with us while we were waiting in what turned out to be the wrong line.

I am reasonably certain that this is a pokemon.

Dragon age inquisition. I don't have up close photos but all of her armor pieces were made out of some sort of hard plastic and then painted. Looked really good.

And that's about all I got, if anyone knows what the ones I couldn't identify are I'd love to know. Also someone else here has to have been at PAX East, anyone else got pictures? I saw a lot of awesome cosplay and only got pictures of a small fraction of it.

fralbjabar has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Apr 18, 2014

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

fralbjabar posted:

I have no idea what this person's costume is, but they were awesome.

Mortal Kombat maybe?

Juniper Woods from Ace Attorney, Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden/DOA and the last in the trio is Lucca from Chrono Trigger (with Gato. He has metal joints!).

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

fralbjabar posted:

Hyperlight Drifter (I only know cause she told me)

It's always weird to see people cosplay characters from games that haven't come out yet.

fralbjabar posted:

Third one is Lucca from Chrono Trigger.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Ravio from Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

quote:

uhhh...?

Mortal Kombat.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

fralbjabar posted:

Something from Megaman, Auron from FF10, and Lightning from FF12

Ravio, from some Zelda game.

The one on the right is Lucca from Chrono Trigger

Renamon, from Digimon

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

fralbjabar posted:

I am reasonably certain that this is a pokemon.

Actually, it's a Digimon.

I'm an expert because I have a Pokemon avatar.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

fralbjabar posted:

Slightly blurry group shot, no idea what any of them are. I feel like I should know these.

Zero and Vile from Mega Man X, Auron from Final Fantasy 10, Lightning from Final Fantasy 13.

e: Beaten on the rest.

Neraren has a new favorite as of 03:52 on Apr 18, 2014

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

quote:

Two megaman characters followed by Auron from FFX. Dunno about the last one, maybe a character from FFX-2?

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

These dudes are cosplaying the main cast from Skies of Arcadia (which owns.)

fralbjabar posted:

No ideas, they were with the previous ninja.

I think she's supposed to be Emeralda from Xenogears. I guess that's kinda obscure nowadays.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

fralbjabar posted:

That is an awesome Lucca, the glasses in particular nail it.

I might just love any/all Chrono Trigger cosplay really, you just don't expect to see it.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
I like how she's got her phone strapped to her arm.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

edit: ^^^ bah

It looks like she's using her phone as a gauntlet, which both works well with the character and is also probably the easiest way to keep your phone on you while cosplaying in something without pockets.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Is that Gato something you can buy or is it custom? I need it in my life more than anything I've seen in months.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Since no one picked this one up, yes, they're Mortal Kombat characters--Cyrax and Sektor, respectively. The costumes are pretty spot on. They're cyborg ninjas and have been around since the third game.

Also, I love that Gato figure Lucca's holding :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

(Slowking, Pokemon)

(Ivy, Soul Calibur)

(Samus Aran, Metroid)

(Cyrax, Mortal Kombat)

• Locked thread