Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Friedpundit posted:

He seems to be doing this 'failure at life' schtick now that's aimed at being self-deprecating but is just really, really sad.

Jesus Christ you weren't kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
Well, now I just feel bad for him.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Professor Clumsy posted:

Well, now I just feel bad for him.

I like that even though he seems severely depressed he still takes the effort to put on that fake voice.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

The Tabletop part of the expo hall is pretty dope. I was at the Steve Jackson Games booth a lot. If I played Magic, I would have waited in line for their booth because it looked cool as hell.

WotC goes all in on their PAX and Gencon stuff, yeah. This year a goon won the art for a brand new card.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

CPL593H posted:

I like that even though he seems severely depressed he still takes the effort to put on that fake voice.

I wanted to try and reconcile your post about his put on affectation with his theory that he is indifferent to gay rights, just doesn't like being around them because they are flamboyant and annoying. Alas, I wasn't smart enough to do anything more than just link his hypnotic walking on a treadmill while opining on the gay media agenda video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ys-P_ov9Cgs

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Literally The Worst posted:

WotC goes all in on their PAX and Gencon stuff, yeah. This year a goon won the art for a brand new card.

They had a fog waterfall in their main Expo hall booth (which I think is both cards and online stuff) which was cool.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Comic cons can be fun if you're into comics. I'm not really interested in meeting celebrities or seeing movie trailers or that poo poo, but you can meet some neat artists and find some great comics for dirt cheap. The last Boston Comic Con was real fun, I might go again this year.

It seems like ebay has eliminated a lot of the utility in going to a con to dig through the crates looking for that lost issue of Big Numbers or whatever.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Oh my god, I'm dying. The opening shot - upon realizing he's on a treadmill made me explode in laughter. "legendary badass".

e: Voodoofly, I probably should have read your post first.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

It is a while still till Sunrise - and in the daytime I sleep, my dear fellow, I sleep the very deepest of sleeps...
"I wish more people would take up my stance of indifference." Yes, Vaughn. That's what the world needs more of.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

DNS posted:

It seems like ebay has eliminated a lot of the utility in going to a con to dig through the crates looking for that lost issue of Big Numbers or whatever.

Yeah but I'm less looking for rare finds and more just looking for good poo poo that's marked down to half price or less. Cons are great for that.

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe
Billy Bob Thornton on the FX Fargo TV show: If someone had sent me the script with no name on it and said the Coen brothers wrote it, I would have bought it. And believe me, I know those guys. If they had read it and they didn’t like it, we wouldn’t be doing this. Noah said Ethan’s words after reading it were, “Yeah. Good.” For Ethan? That’s being effusive. That’s Ethan being over the moon.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Superior Spider-Man 31 is the new worst comic book I've ever read. Holy balls.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Superior Spider-Man 31 is the new worst comic book I've ever read. Holy balls.

...go on.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
There should be a mod challenge for Dickeye to only talk about movies for a month.

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

There should be a mod challenge for Dickeye to only talk about movies for a month.

There should be a mod challenge for Dickeye to kiss CPL593H on the mouth for a month.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

He'd probably go the SubG route and just stop posti-

Oh.

Friedpundit
May 6, 2009

Merry Christmas Scary Wormhole!

Oh please.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Movies are for proles.

It tries to tie up a year and a half of story in one issue and it's by a bad writer and it all fails miserably. It's depressing.

Professor Clumsy posted:

There should be a mod challenge for Dickeye to kiss CPL593H on the mouth for a month.

I'll take that challenge.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Professor Clumsy posted:

Who's getting punished there?

Professor Clumsy
Sep 12, 2008

Why do we need to punish each other?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Maybe he's just trying to help us find true love, you ever think of that you cynical chode?

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Please yes.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Watching Slacker (1991) for the first time.

What an odd movie this is.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Sprecherscrow posted:

Oh.

He hasn't been back yet has he? I missed a large part of Gen Chat over the weekend and skipped the 300+ posts I missed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Here's a post about a movie: I always think Danny DeVito was in Spawn, and I'm always disappointed when I remember that he isn't. Imagine how much better Spawn would have been with Danny DeVito.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mr. Flunchy posted:

Watching Slacker (1991) for the first time.

What an odd movie this is.

Slacker owns a lot.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

There should be a mod challenge for this entire thread to only talk about movies, period.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Here's a post about a movie: I always think Danny DeVito was in Spawn, and I'm always disappointed when I remember that he isn't. Imagine how much better Spawn would have been with Danny DeVito.

"Hmm, there's a short and fat clown in this picture. I got it, we'll get a skinny guy." Leguizamo did a great job though.

Sprecherscrow fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Apr 15, 2014

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Sprecherscrow posted:

Oh.

Has SubG posted since?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

TrixRabbi posted:

Has SubG posted since?

Yes, but not in CineD

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

There should be a mod challenge for this entire thread to only talk about movies, period.

gently caress that, movies are for proles.

Here's a post about a movie: I'm watching Fargo for the first time. William H Macy is great.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Check the DeVito thread in about 20 minutes.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

That's none of our business, though I hope they have a good safeword.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Yes, but not in CineD

That's a bummer.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

That's what all the other threads are for.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Tars Tarkas posted:

Yes, but not in CineD

Hahaha, what a baby.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a movie, and I don't want to listen to Dickeye talk about it for a month.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Vargo posted:

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is a movie, and I don't want to listen to Dickeye talk about it for a month.

Hey... :(

Fargo is so midwest it hurts. Pure Cinema.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Vargo posted:

Goddamn, excellent comeback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Hahaha, what a baby.

Signed, Badpost McNoselfawareness

• Locked thread