Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What the hell do you have to do to get the "finish a predator challenge unseen" Worst Nightmare challenge, because it sure is poo poo isn't getting the "unseen" reward at the end of the encounter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What the hell do you have to do to get the "finish a predator challenge unseen" Worst Nightmare challenge, because it sure is poo poo isn't getting the "unseen" reward at the end of the encounter.

Part of it involves not using any loud takedowns at all. Not even on the last guy.

It's dumb, I know.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Part of it involves not using any loud takedowns at all. Not even on the last guy.

It's dumb, I know.

Every single one silent. I assume that them spotting a body is a deal breaker as well?

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I got that one completely by accident trying to get the one for doing a grapnel accelerator takedown on two guys on a roof. In fact, I think it fired for me after I took down the first guy and before the second guy.

At least I never fell through the floor.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I got it on the three guys protecting the penguins cell phone blocker thingy right before you go to th3 boat.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Every single one silent. I assume that them spotting a body is a deal breaker as well?

Nah, you can't really prevent that.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

So I still dunno what causes it. I'm getting the unseen exp award, but I'm not unseen according to the challenge. It's so dumb.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

So I still dunno what causes it. I'm getting the unseen exp award, but I'm not unseen according to the challenge. It's so dumb.

Did you finish the challenges leading up to this one? Because you apparently have to do those in order.

I could've gotten Shadow Vigilante ages ago had I realized I had to go slidekick into people.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Fargin Icehole posted:

Did you finish the challenges leading up to this one? Because you apparently have to do those in order.

I could've gotten Shadow Vigilante ages ago had I realized I had to go slidekick into people.

Yeah.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Assault on Arkham Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKbPoM6Goa4

Are you guys ready for more Joker!? :shepicide:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Nice job loving up Waller's continuity, DC.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Maybe it's just a poorly cut trailer but that looks really generic and boring. We've done the Joker has a scheme plot before. We've done the Batman fights a group of mercenaries plot before. I'll probably Redbox it anyway because I'm a whore for this franchise but I was hoping it was going to act as a prologue to Arkham Knight and not be another prequel story.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
God, this looks terrible from just about every direction. The character designs in particular are completely different- it feels like they got their normal production line to make a normal DVD DC comics "event", and had the arkham game made to give it a tie-in. Every part of the plot looks inconsistent with the main franchise.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Really, the only thing that movie seems to be adding to the Arkham series is Harley realizing her relationship is abusive.

Which is hardly anything new and makes HQR look even worse.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Wait, so the Suicide Squad stuff from Origins wasn't for a game, it was for this lovely movie? Fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I seriously doubt is canon for the games, it looks more like they stuck the Arkham brand to a stand alone movie.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

codenameFANGIO posted:

Wait, so the Suicide Squad stuff from Origins wasn't for a game, it was for this lovely movie? Fuuuuuuuuuuck that.

Well, I don't know about that. Deathstroke and Bronze Tiger aren't present, so perhaps there's still hope for a game.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Kinda off topic from the movie, but I picked up Origins: Blackgate, and HOLY gently caress, gently caress Penguin's boss fight up the rear end forever.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Kinda off topic from the movie, but I picked up Origins: Blackgate, and HOLY gently caress, gently caress Penguin's boss fight up the rear end forever.

That's exactly where I quit.

Cheap Vodka
Nov 4, 2008

COMPLETE. GLOBAL. CALIBRATION.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

If it helps any you don't have to take out his guys before you attack Penguin. Wait until they're on the upper level and you can swoop down to punch him.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I ended up saying gently caress it and using a trainer for infinite health. It would be a clever, interesting boss fight if the stealth mechanics didn't work so loving terribly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cheap Vodka posted:

Maybe it's just a poorly cut trailer but that looks really generic and boring. We've done the Joker has a scheme plot before. We've done the Batman fights a group of mercenaries plot before. I'll probably Redbox it anyway because I'm a whore for this franchise but I was hoping it was going to act as a prologue to Arkham Knight and not be another prequel story.

It looks like the suicide squad are the good guys in this. (As much as they can be.)

BreakAtmo posted:

Nice job loving up Waller's continuity, DC.

What do you mean by this.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It looks like the suicide squad are the good guys in this. (As much as they can be.)

I'm not a huge DC comics fan/sperg but when they rebooted the comics universe or something and DC made everyone follow their new rules Amanda Waller was no longer a larger woman. See the end of Origins, where she is clearly modeled after a skinnier woman, which contradicts the trailer above.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sober posted:

I'm not a huge DC comics fan/sperg but when they rebooted the comics universe or something and DC made everyone follow their new rules Amanda Waller was no longer a larger woman. See the end of Origins, where she is clearly modeled after a skinnier woman, which contradicts the trailer above.

I am confused why you call it a fuckup when it was clearly the rest of DC that was loving up and that is the first thing to get it right.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I thought I was the only one who felt it was complete poo poo. I am sad now that i bought that game.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Wow, Troy Baker really has been working on his Mark Hammil impression. I had to imdb to see if it was Hammil or not.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Young, slim Amanda Waller in Origins, older heavyset Amanda Waller in this movie.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

BreakAtmo posted:

Young, slim Amanda Waller in Origins, older heavyset Amanda Waller in this movie.

Well it does take place a few years later it seems, so maybe she just started eating McD's all the time?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Actually Waller is clearly not skinny in Origins. She is not not as fat as she is in the trailer but she is fairly chubby which can be really easily told when you see her full body. She is nowhere near Super Model Waller and is more around
this Waller with a thinner neck.

Take a look at the clip she is clearly has quite a bit of fat on her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mG9FrCGW6w

I think the Comic and Arrow are the only places were she is a super model right now. (Which is stupid and they should put some more meat on the Wall's bones in the comics really fast.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Apr 19, 2014

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

MonsterEnvy posted:

Actually Waller is clearly not skinny in Origins. She is not not as fat as she is in the trailer but she is fairly chubby which can be really easily told when you see her full body. She is nowhere near Super Model Waller and is more around this Waller with a thinner neck.

Take a look at the clip she is clearly has quite a bit of fat on her. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mG9FrCGW6w

I think the Comic and Arrow are the only places were she is a super model right now. (Which is stupid and they should put some more meat on the Wall's bones in the comics really fast.)

She does actually look less like Arrow Waller now that I look at the clip again. The Origins version looks like a blend between the two.

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Finally, just in time for the DLC:

I think this was attempt 6. Died a couple of times against Bane (once in the royal hotel, once right at the end), once against Firefly (completely forgot about the counter you have to do after you grapple onto him after beating him), and died a couple times to snipers (in the steel mill). Started a run today and was able to complete it. Legit run too (no restarting mid fight or anything).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm still too bitter about my glitched Shiva encounters to try getting any more achievements.

But congrats to you.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wow, Troy Baker really has been working on his Mark Hammil impression. I had to imdb to see if it was Hammil or not.

It's really uncanny. Since Baker appears to be the new "official" animated Joker, I wish he had done a little more to make it his own instead of doing a straight Hamill impression, but as far as Hamill impressions go, it's solid.

On that note, I was shocked to see Kevin Conroy's name in the credits of that trailer. I know the man is almost 60, but holy moly ... Roger Craig Smith did a better Conroy in Origins than Conroy himself in that trailer.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Oh, nice, they got CCH Pounder to play Waller again. She's been playing that character forever :v:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh, nice, they got CCH Pounder to play Waller again. She's been playing that character forever :v:

She's the Kevin Conroy of Amanda Waller.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Is there a problem with this? CCH Pounder is awesome.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Really? I thought it was just the 1 season of JLU and then Origins Blackgate. When else has she played the character since 2005?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

MrJacobs posted:

Really? I thought it was just the 1 season of JLU and then Origins Blackgate. When else has she played the character since 2005?

Season 2 of JLU?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

blackguy32 posted:

Is there a problem with this? CCH Pounder is awesome.

Oh, no problem at all. CC's totally awesome. She's got the perfect voice, and if they ever need the character to appear in a live action thing other than Arrow or whatever, they need to just get her for that, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Oh, no problem at all. CC's totally awesome. She's got the perfect voice, and if they ever need the character to appear in a live action thing, they need to just get her for that, too.

Hate to break this to you my friend, but she has appeared in Live Action in Arrow. Also, the Green Latern Movie no-one saw. Which had her played by Angela Basset.

• Locked thread