Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Melted Tarp
Nov 12, 2013

At the date
My personal favorite is "good runner." I have no loving idea what that phrase is intended to convey, but every inexpensive truck sold in a rural area in the northeast includes that phrase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

animeliker posted:

I still don't know what "original miles" means.

It's supposed to mean original motor and/or original owner. People on craigslist don't typically know either of these things.

A Melted Tarp posted:

My personal favorite is "good runner." I have no loving idea what that phrase is intended to convey, but every inexpensive truck sold in a rural area in the northeast includes that phrase.

I'm not sure what that one translates to, but I have figured out that "unstoppable power" = needs brake and "recently painted" means recently rolled.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Motronic posted:

It's supposed to mean original motor and/or original owner. People on craigslist don't typically know either of these things.

I'm not sure what that one translates to, but I have figured out that "unstoppable power" = needs brake and "recently painted" means recently rolled.

Sometimes "recently painted" means recently :airquote: painted :airquote:

:negative:

and they want $4500 for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That looked like it was done in MS Paint at first glance.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Powershift posted:

Sometimes "recently painted" means recently :airquote: painted :airquote:

I'd drive that.

Powershift posted:

and they want $4500 for it.

Well...for $500 I'd drive that. After I whacked the poo poo sticking out of the bed off.

Would have been better with the raw rust spots though.

Ninja edit: Wait......there were no 4 door trucks in that body style that I recall. I bet it's a poo poo storm under there. But it get points for west coast mirrors.

Motronic fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 17, 2014

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

It looks like it could do stoppies

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

400 horsepower? In an '04? Well, not impossible, I guess.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The black hood has to add 15hp, if he's got an aftermarket air filter, exhaust tip, and a few stickers, you're there!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

A Melted Tarp posted:

We should really create a bingo board for stereotypical shady CL ads.

How's this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Excellent, I just hope no one uses it as a drinking game.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

That's great.

Here's a crosspost from C.A.

M42 posted:

Custom Kawasaki 1200 - $8500

I have fully custom Kawasaki 1200
2001 with Low miles TV, Dvd, CD player, back up Camera, Alarm system, switch lights,
The switch makes the eyes and mouth light up, strobe lights command Air horn kit Chrome rims Vibrater on the back seat for the Ladies. Fabracation alone 8, 000$ .This bike has a lot of work in it as you can see in the pics. My asking price is $8,500 or best offer nice piece for a show bike . Any ? Give me a call

Brigdh
Nov 23, 2007

That's not an oil leak. That's the automatic oil change and chassis protection feature.

VideoTapir posted:

How's this?

Seems like it needs a minor tweak. I don't think "no photos" can be on the same line as "stock photo". It is quite amusing though, I'm half tempted to play right now.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Brigdh posted:

Seems like it needs a minor tweak. I don't think "no photos" can be on the same line as "stock photo". It is quite amusing though, I'm half tempted to play right now.

Yeah, I figured I'd gently caress up like that somehow, fixing it.

Rearranged a few more, as well.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe "tires at 80%" when they have exposed belts.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"Twin Turdo", indeed.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

KozmoNaut posted:

"Twin Turdo", indeed.

I want to call him up and say that sixty-five hundred sounds like a fair deal, mind if I stop by and take it for a test drive?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
"My truck has no problem racing against any highend sportscar on the track."

Neither does my Camry, but it's still going to lose in a hilarious fashion.

phade
Oct 8, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Get it, unless it's rusted out. I've been looking for a nice one but the only ones that are listed are from some crazy guy's hoarder inventory where he alternately declares that he MUST SELL and WON'T NEGOTIATE.

You're in Calgary right? If so here you go: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/calgary/1977-porsche-924-coupe-with-1983-porsche-944-engine/584416353?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

slidebite posted:

That's great.

Holy poo poo, I love the wandering eye!

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

slidebite posted:

That's great.

"Vibrater on the back seat for the Ladies."
Wait, what? Are we just going to gloss over this?

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/4389118468.html

I assume the $169,500 is a typo, but it sure looks like a lot of fun.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Tai-Pan posted:

Problem is, its a 90's B-body. The interior is a godamned SYMPHONY of squeaks and rattles. Particularly when driven aggressively. They're great cars, but holy gently caress the interiors are a disaster. That one presses quite a few of my buttons, though.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

"fully inclosed cab"

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/4422384782.html

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
I have no idea if these are desirable, but I found it interesting.

http://rockies.craigslist.org/cto/4427621381.html

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Clean (rusty as gently caress)

They're great trucks, but that one ain't worth $2500. You used to be able to pick those up for $500 in that condition.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Moey posted:

1977 Scout

It's...beautiful :qq:. I wonder how bad the rust is, with it being in Colorado.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dr.Caligari posted:

It's...beautiful :qq:. I wonder how bad the rust is, with it being in Colorado.

Given the amount of visible rust, I would imagine "Walk away" bad

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/cto/4417569700.html

LeMon's car base? :shrug:

i own every Bionicle fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Apr 18, 2014

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Where is the suspension?
Also, is it an illusion or are the brakes not connected to anything?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye

Tai-Pan posted:

Where is the suspension?
Also, is it an illusion or are the brakes not connected to anything?

I thought it was a running promotional vehicle, but on closer inspection it appears to be just a prop or something. :smith:

Method Loser
Oct 10, 2001

Wojcigitty posted:

I thought it was a running promotional vehicle, but on closer inspection it appears to be just a prop or something. :smith:

24,000 is a lot of miles for a nonrunning prop that was used "for delivering"

i don't know wtf

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tai-Pan posted:

Nice car, but $17K? I mean, I'm sorry you spent $40k building it it, but that's because you used a Turn Key engines crate LS1. There is literally nothing else custom about the interior or exterior, though it is in very nice condition. Also, your "custom" wheels are Impala SS stock wheels with Olds decals in the center caps.

I dunno, maybe my $$ meter is broken -I'm a cheap bastard. I do love that wagon, though. They were decent even with the LT1. I would drive it every day (can't get worse gas mileage than my 4-banger XJ, and I bet it will tow and haul more...)

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
In regards to the Avocado car-thing:

It is pretty obvious that it's a joke post, probably meant to annoy the poo poo out of somebody. Note that it gives the phone number in plain, no bullshit numbers and says it's ok to call anytime, day or night.

I did laugh at the "Need to sell ASAP, need money for 2014 Kiwi" gag though.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

No, that B-body isn't worth $17k. They also for no loving reason used a built-up 700R4 instead of letting the ECM control a 4L60E. I also wonder why they bothered with a speed-density tune.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Terrible Robot posted:

It is pretty obvious that it's a joke post, probably meant to annoy the poo poo out of somebody. Note that it gives the phone number in plain, no bullshit numbers and says it's ok to call anytime, day or night.
I do this. Im usually up late and I've never had telemarketers bother me. Whats the big deal?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

IOwnCalculus posted:

No, that B-body isn't worth $17k. They also for no loving reason used a built-up 700R4 instead of letting the ECM control a 4L60E. I also wonder why they bothered with a speed-density tune.

Electronics Bro! Don't get em!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

PCOS Bill posted:

Given the amount of visible rust, I would imagine "Walk away" bad

That's where they start to rust first. Then the doglegs eat out from the inside out as the rear wheels throw crap into the front of the wheel well. It's still got solid rockers, so I'd say if the floors are tight and solid, as well as the body mounts, then it's in the high end of the ballpark. The interior would have to be good as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4419800297.html

That sure is a custom show car :barf: