Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

This wouldn't happen if you drat jews would just get with the pogrom already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Where's the Tom Clancy thread? The IDF is going to invade parts of Ukraine to protect ethnic jews.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Based on the events in Ukraine over the last month or so the stuff happening is getting ever closer to Clancy.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Heartache is powerful, but democracy is *subtle*.
Better just go ahead and merge this thread and the Clancy thread.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Life imitates art...

Mr. Nice! posted:

Russia just passed a bill that banned direct election of mayors across the federation. Basically now Moscow appoints all of the mayors.

I have a feeling that's just acknowledging the reality that's been around for a while?

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
This is gonna be sick!!!

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
If this was a plot for a call of duty game people would say it was trite.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

False flag op to get the USA involved.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

ded posted:

False flag op to get the USA involved.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST FOLKS

Well that explains why the registration fee is 50 USD.

I guess the CIA doesn't take payments in Hrynia or Rubles

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
There's a theory that one of Putin's colleagues found a warehouse full of vintage iron-on yellow stars and this is just trying to build a market to monopolize

E: let's hope they don't find the room full of old bug spray

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Apr 17, 2014

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So Snowden is pitching softball questions to Putin now?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world...6815_story.html

I can't remember if he's "asked" Putin any questions before.

Can't wait to show this to the guy I work with who's from Kiev who keeps saying that Russia has every right to assert it's authority in the region :rolleyes:

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
If it makes anyone feel better, that Jew registering letter is looking more and more like a sham, possibly a scam by people hoping to grab quick registration fees:

quote:

But even if it looked like the start of some racist purge, the flier was more likely part of an ill-conceived extortion plot or a propaganda ploy against the separatists. For one thing, the sign-off at the bottom of the flier — “Yours, the People’s Governor of Donetsk, Denis Pushilin” — seemed off. This was a reference to the so-called Donetsk People’s Republic, which was formed a week and a half ago by a group of armed separatists who seized the headquarters of the regional government. Theirs is perhaps the smallest breakaway republic in the world, as its territory is confined to that one building and a small patch of the plaza around it. Since April 7, they have barricaded themselves inside with a cache of weapons and demanded a referendum on secession from Ukraine. At the bottom of the flier was a reproduction of the stamp these separatists use on the press badges they have issued to journalists.

Denis Pushilin, however, is not the man who calls himself the “People’s Governor” of this pseudo-state. That would be Pavel Gubarev, who bestowed that title on himself in early March, during a separatist rally in the center of Donetsk. Three days later, he was arrested on charges of separatism and taken to jail in Kiev, where he remains. The alleged author of the anti-Semitic flier, Pushilin, is his ally and comrade-in-arms. But he has never gone by the title of “People’s Governor.” (His preferred title is the “co-chairman of the temporary coalition government” that he and his allies declared inside that building.) For his part, Pushilin denied on Thursday that he or his organization had anything to do with these fliers. “In reality this is a fake, and a pretty unsuccessful one,” Pushilin told the news network Russia Today. “It was all done with Photoshop.”

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

If it makes anyone feel better, that Jew registering letter is looking more and more like a sham, possibly a scam by people hoping to grab quick registration fees:

D&D will still unironically defend that letter though :v:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
So will most of GiP.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

Godholio posted:

So will most of GiP.

come on, we all wanted it to be real

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

Goodbye Jews!

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Goodbye Jews!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8A0uUYuId8

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Anyone like polish food?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2014/04/18/u-s-ground-troops-going-to-poland-defense-minister-says/?print=1

Might find out if you do.

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip

I'm quite surprised at the way several things in that article are worded, especially some that are direct quotes:

Polish defense minister Tomasz Siemoniak posted:

Poland will play a leading regional role, “under U.S. patronage”

Polish defense minister Tomasz Siemoniak posted:

“The idea until recently was that there were no more threats in Europe and no need for a U.S. presence in Europe any more[.] Events show that what is needed is a re-pivot, and that Europe was safe and secure because America was in Europe.”

the article posted:

The strongest impetus, he said, is not even Russia’s illegal annexation of Crimea, but President Vladimir Putin’s bald lies about Russian actions there and his exposition of a new doctrine allowing Russia to intervene in any country where Russian-speaking populations are, in Russia’s judgment, under threat. This poses a potential danger to the Baltic nations, which are members of NATO, and even more to Moldova, Belarus and central Asian nations that are not, he said.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yes, yes the Schindler's List video is very funny. Let's keep this thread topical and keep the funny to the 15 other threads that are meant for funny.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Yes, yes the Schindler's List video is very funny. Let's keep this thread topical and keep the funny to the 15 other threads that are meant for funny.

I'm not laughing and I wish it were a current event.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Otto Skorzeny posted:

I'm quite surprised at the way several things in that article are worded, especially some that are direct quotes:

The Poles have always been extremely US-friendly and (shockingly) a little distrustful of the major West Euro powers. They've talked about NATO as if the US were the only relevant entity for some time now.

Also Putin's use of 'Novorossiya' to describe Ukraine implies he's hearkening back to Moscovy, which leads to Kievan Rus, which includes chunks of modern-day Poland. Here is a good summary if (like me) your knowledge of East Euro political history comes mostly from Crusader Kings II:

http://www.eurozine.com/articles/2014-04-16-snyder-en.html

Not sure I buy his thoughts on the modern EU but the historical background is useful.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Looks like Russia is like "lol no Open Skies for you"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/apr/17/russia-blocks-us-treaty-approved-spy-flights/

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Snowdens Secret posted:

The Poles have always been extremely US-friendly and (shockingly) a little distrustful of the major West Euro powers. They've talked about NATO as if the US were the only relevant entity for some time now.

Not surprising that Poland distrusts the major Western Euro powers.
Poland has a long-rear end history of being dicked over by Western Euro powers. And then double-dicked over by territory-adjustments & war.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_Poland

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Yes that was the joke thank you

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Wanted to recover this thread from being buried under gleep spam with a funny quote:

TheImmigrant posted:

Attacking military or police forces is not terrorism.

lol ok man

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hey man burning down villages isn't a war crime.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

One man's revolutionary is, like, another man's terrorist. Man.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

If anything it's just a kick rear end BBQ

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Mike-o posted:

Good enough for Sherman good enough for me

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
Personally I'm proud to be part of the far more effective terrorist organization of Al Dee Oh Dee. Makes those Al Qaeda fuckers look like simpletons learning to use monkey bars.

People should be afraid of Americans.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Obama Africanus posted:

Personally I'm proud to be part of the far more effective terrorist organization of Al Dee Oh Dee. Makes those Al Qaeda fuckers look like simpletons learning to use monkey bars.

People should be afraid of Americans.

pretty sure white people are genetically superior when it comes to stacking corpses like cordwood

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Being white owns.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Being white owns.

yea pretty much :mmmhmm:

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

Helldump Immunity. posted:

Being white owns.
Being a black man+vet is better (for academic purposes). Although the GI Bill wouldn't pay for my study abroad this summer, the State Dept and the program operators themselves jumped all over my dick, and I'm making plans to do it again next Spring semester.

But anyways, please don't shoot me Whip.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Ok I'll bite. There is a point there.

Wiktionary posted:

Terrorism (usually uncountable, plural terrorisms)
- The deliberate commission of an act of violence to create an emotional response through the suffering of the victims in the furtherance of a political or social agenda.
- Violence against civilians to achieve military or political objectives.
- A form of psychological manipulation through warfare to the purpose of political or religious gains, by means of deliberately creating a climate of fear amongst the inhabitants of a specific geographical region.

The general rule used to divide 'terrorists' from otherwise 'rebels' or 'freedom fighters' is whether they attack civilian targets. You can debate whether 'civilian' more broadly means 'non-state' or if it more specifically means 'non-military', but it's worth pointing out that distinction only really matters in a handful of Westernized states like the US with a no-poo poo non-military police force, and is irrelevant in places like, say, Egypt, where the 'police' are just an army more focused on internal use.

I'm not going to read into that D&D thread to figure out who they're talking about and whether they're actually 'terrorists' or not. But using the word to somehow cover OBL, whoever the hell is in East Ukraine, and the loving Bundy Ranch means it's been stretched to meaninglessness. Much like 'fascist', which also gets thrown around with wild abandon.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

JSARSOM posted:

But anyways, please don't shoot me Whip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
whip would only shoot you if youre a distraught single black mom with a small child in the back of your car

• Locked thread