Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Goddamn is Beecha supposed to be this awful in MX or is it just a joke? The sack of poo poo is level 21 and still doesn't have anything that affects his ability to dodge stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

TARDISman posted:

Goddamn is Beecha supposed to be this awful in MX or is it just a joke? The sack of poo poo is level 21 and still doesn't have anything that affects his ability to dodge stuff.

Probably? I mean the ZZ kids always get hosed in the SRW games, they usually just lump-join them with no suits.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

TARDISman posted:

Yeah, Beecha is pretty mediocre. Better than Mondo, but that isn't saying much. He was a bench warmer for me pretty much instantly in MX.

I can't think of a SRW game where Judau's pals--other than Roux, maybe--were actually useful on their own. They are a bit better in A2/3 if I recall correctly, but that's mainly because they're decent seishin mules.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

chirico cuvie posted:

Yeah, Beecha is pretty mediocre. Better than Mondo, but that isn't saying much. He was a bench warmer for me pretty much instantly in MX.

I can't think of a SRW game where Judau's pals--other than Roux, maybe--were actually useful on their own. They are a bit better in A2/3 if I recall correctly, but that's mainly because they're decent seishin mules.

I'm using Elle and the Purus pretty heavily, but that's because I like the Super Gundam and the Qubeley Mk II more than anything else. Also those three actually have Focus and Flash. It took Beecha until level 20 to learn Wall, which is still pretty awful to have alone on the Hyaku Shiki. Friggin' Super Dijeh better be worth it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

TARDISman posted:

There's a reason why for a good while, the only ZZ characters you'd get would be Judau, Roux, both Purus and Haman (even if she'd count as a Zeta Gundam technically). Hell, even Judau's sister Leina was sometimes picked over people like Beecha and Elle to be a playable character (which is hilarious in Compact 3 since she is the ONLY pilot to make it to Newtype Lv. 9, whereas other Newtypes like Amuro and Judau himself cap out at level 8). It wasn't until the squad system appeared that you could actually USE everyone else from Judau's loony band of friends in different capacities.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

TARDISman posted:

I'm using Elle and the Purus pretty heavily, but that's because I like the Super Gundam and the Qubeley Mk II more than anything else. Also those three actually have Focus and Flash. It took Beecha until level 20 to learn Wall, which is still pretty awful to have alone on the Hyaku Shiki. Friggin' Super Dijeh better be worth it.

The Ples are pretty good in MX (or rather I should say the Qubeleys* are) because they get a decent combo attack.

*Notably, all the combo attacks in the game are robot-specific instead of pilot-specific, so if you put Amuro and Quattro into the Qubeleys they can Twin Funnel, etc. This only really affects UC and Mazinger units.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TARDISman posted:

Friggin' Super Dijeh better be worth it.

It most certainly is.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Speaking of which, what exactly are the parameters for unlocking the Dijeh SE-R? I've read conditions that range from "Average level of all UC pilots at 25 or above" to "ZZ cast's combined level above 200" to "ZZ Cast's average level at 25 or up."

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Couple new BGMs here:

Ranka's new song, from the movie.

Sousuke's BGM once he gets the Lambda Driver figured out.

I quite like that Ranka BGM, which is odd because I seem to have a subconscious bias for Sheryl (only liked her BGMs in Z2).

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brunom1 posted:

Couple new BGMs here:

Sousuke's BGM once he gets the Lambda Driver figured out.

I quite like that Ranka BGM, which is odd because I seem to have a subconscious bias for Sheryl (only liked her BGMs in Z2).

It's a pretty good BGM. Probably one of the better things associate with Ranka.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
It's better than Universal Bunny at least.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Pureauthor posted:

It's better than Universal Bunny at least.

More importantly, it's better than Aimo...is that song still in Z3.1? I can't handle hearing it for the billionth time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

AradoBalanga posted:

There's a reason why for a good while, the only ZZ characters you'd get would be Judau, Roux, both Purus and Haman (even if she'd count as a Zeta Gundam technically). Hell, even Judau's sister Leina was sometimes picked over people like Beecha and Elle to be a playable character (which is hilarious in Compact 3 since she is the ONLY pilot to make it to Newtype Lv. 9, whereas other Newtypes like Amuro and Judau himself cap out at level 8). It wasn't until the squad system appeared that you could actually USE everyone else from Judau's loony band of friends in different capacities.

No, they're playable in SRW3, I think 4, and Alpha 1. they're just never given Mobile Suits in those games, so unless you go out of your way to give them something, they'll sit on the sidelines untouched.

By the way, has anyone edited the Alpha Save Editor to work on Windows 7?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
There sure are a shitload of DLC missions, no way will I get them all. Which five or so are the best? That's what I can afford with the little bit of PSN money left over from the initial purchase.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Brunom1 posted:

More importantly, it's better than Aimo...is that song still in Z3.1? I can't handle hearing it for the billionth time.

All indications are that Aimo is not in this game.

I would've liked to see that ominous remix they did once, though. I think it was called Aimo O.C.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Onmi posted:

By the way, has anyone edited the Alpha Save Editor to work on Windows 7?

Not that I know of. The creator's website states that the older save editors will only run on 32-bit OSes for whatever reason (:psyduck:), and I've seen no recourse in dealing with this except to keep a computer around with a 32-bit OS. Emulating XP on a 64-bit machine won't cut it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

There sure are a shitload of DLC missions, no way will I get them all. Which five or so are the best? That's what I can afford with the little bit of PSN money left over from the initial purchase.

I don't think all of them are available yet.

The ones that cost 150 yen instead of 100 have better items, that's all I know. It doesn't look like it is anything exclusively though, just extra D-Trader items.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Onmi posted:

No, they're playable in SRW3, I think 4, and Alpha 1. they're just never given Mobile Suits in those games, so unless you go out of your way to give them something, they'll sit on the sidelines untouched.
That was kind of my point. The squad-based games actually have stuff lying around TO shove the rest of Shangri-La team into, as opposed to the player having to bench another character in order to use the Shangri-La team. And then there's MX, where ZZ is the big Gundam entry (despite all of the Gundam featured being post-series), so you have stuff that can be given to them.

Pureauthor posted:

All indications are that Aimo is not in this game.

I would've liked to see that ominous remix they did once, though. I think it was called Aimo O.C.
If you mean this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23-vAO53ySk, then yes, that's Aimo O.C.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Brunom1 posted:

Couple new BGMs here:

Thank christ, my favorite Frontier song now lyrics free for background listening. :allears:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Speaking of Macross I'm really glad we're getting a new series so maybe they can not have Frontier in every game they make. I like it but it is starting to get a little old.

Discounting original generation and including Z3-2 it will have been included in the past 7 games.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Apr 19, 2014

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

Speaking of Macross I'm really glad we're getting a new series so maybe they can not have Frontier in every game they make. I like it but it is starting to get a little old.

I just wish they'd bring back original Macross.

Or a least the full MX7 cast so Max and Miria can hang out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Please just give me Super Dimension Fortress Macross. I really don't care about anyone who's not from that except maybe Nekki Basara.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?
I still like Macross Plus the best, but I agree it'd be great to see all the old series back.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I'm still surprised they haven't done Plus+M7 since Alpha 3. The YFs weep for combination attacks.

Same with the original too. I think it's funny that outside of the dynamo punch combination attack, that the original Macross units from Alpha-3 still probably have the best Macross animations to date. The Durandal is pretty great though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkOUDfv-7lw they were so good... I really need to play Alpha 3 again.

Rascyc fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 19, 2014

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Son Ryo posted:

I still like Macross Plus the best, but I agree it'd be great to see all the old series back.
The problem with Plus is that there are literally three units total, and they each only fight each other once.

What, no one wants Macross II to make an appearance?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Didn't the Alpha series include Plus's storyline multiple times?

I would love it if Macross II showed up.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Ethiser posted:

Didn't the Alpha series include Plus's storyline multiple times?
Kind of, but it takes like fifteen minutes to get through in any kind of combat sense.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Samurai Sanders posted:

The problem with Plus is that there are literally three units total, and they each only fight each other once.

It's quite the opposite, that makes it super easy to throw them in as post-series units.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Samurai Sanders posted:

That just means it can't really be the backdrop, you can slide it everywhere.

Although they sure do love using the Macross Plus finale stage for all sorts of things like Shu's time warp in Alpha Gaiden.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I just remembered that Isamu shows up for a cameo in the second Frontier movie so they could put him in Z3-2 if they really wanted to.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethiser posted:

I just remembered that Isamu shows up for a cameo in the second Frontier movie so they could put him in Z3-2 if they really wanted to.

He actually shows up in the UX version of MXF for one of the attacks. I wouldn't be tremendously shocked if he ends up in Z3.2.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

I can't believe that they kept loving Katz, Emma, and Fa, then gave you loving Hathaway as a pilot, but didn't include Lunamaria. Shinn must be pissed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

I can't believe that they kept loving Katz, Emma, and Fa, then gave you loving Hathaway as a pilot, but didn't include Lunamaria. Shinn must be pissed.

The ZAFT guys are off doing plot stuff and will pretty much certainly be back next game. They show up at the end of this game and feature prominantly in the next-game preview. Shin'll probably get a combo attack with Lunamaria out of it too.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

Kanos posted:

Wait until you see his new SEED portrait. It's loving glorious.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Materant posted:

Wait until you see his new SEED portrait. It's loving glorious.

Oh, I'm super late in the game. For extra fun, put Shinn and Kira in the same twin, open the status screen, and use L1/R1 to flip between their portraits really quickly. It looks like they're having the world's most :shepface: staring contest.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

He hates you so much.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
The angry faces for a lot of players just look outright psychotic.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Rascyc posted:

The angry faces for a lot of players just look outright psychotic.

I don't know what you mean.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

The portraits in general for Z3 are fantastic.

I think Mechanical Saviour has ripped all of them if you want to take a closer look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

He hates you so much.

Give me the Shinn SEED portrait. Please. Please.

• Locked thread