Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Beth is Elliot from Scrubs... :mindblown:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Rocksicles posted:

So this is what happened when she and JD settled down huh?

Didn't turn out that great.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Her father has a portal gun and a flying car. What more does she want.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
"This thing might grow to be the size of Delaware. I mean, it could eat brains and exhale space AIDS--we gotta be careful."

"It was like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews."

Everything that comes out of Rick's mouth is gold.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
The first moment that this show made me cackle maniacally was the time Rick grew Ruben to continental proportions. The sheer absurdity of the situation plus that giant dumb face floating over New York, the Santa hat, jesus christ it's such a perfect moment.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

A Jerry is a C-. :D

Also a D+.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Rocksicles posted:

Hah! So Dr. Reid married Dr. Spaceman.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

First Bass posted:

"It was like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews."

Everything that comes out of Rick's mouth is gold.

Made even better by the fact he greets the visitors with 'what's up my glibglobs!' minutes later.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Red Oktober posted:

Made even better by the fact he greets the visitors with 'what's up my glibglobs!' minutes later.

I laughed harder at this than almost anything else in the series.

Pyzza Rouge
Jun 25, 2011

La Mano de Dios

Gazorpazorpfield posted:

Dumb, stupid, weak, pathetic, white, white, uh, uh... guilt, white guilt, milquetoast piece of human garbage.

This is made even better because despite being part of the most brutal race-gender in the universe Gazorpazorpjon is still a sniveling little coward.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I am curious on how Rixty Minutes written. Did they get the writers in a room to improvise lines based on shows and commercials, then used whatever was the first take? If so, that is AWESOME. I hope they do like one episode like that per season.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Buzkashi posted:

The first moment that this show made me cackle maniacally was the time Rick grew Ruben to continental proportions. The sheer absurdity of the situation plus that giant dumb face floating over New York, the Santa hat, jesus christ it's such a perfect moment.

This is the thing I think I laughed the hardest at, all season. The giant, naked hobo floating over the US. Then the blood rain for Christmas. The sheer absurdity and brilliance of it was an instant classic!

I'm surprised most people seem to think this was one of the worst episodes in the season. :iiam:

Fake Edit: the funniest thing about gazorpazorp-Jon is that he's a normal human (with head arms) and not one of the ape-people, like Morty's son.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!
Even though i liked the first two episodes, Anatomy Park was the one that sold me on the show. Between Rick's obsession with pirates of the pancreas, John Oliver's performance and Rick Harmon getting notes from network executive Kumail Nanjiani, what's not to like?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Red Oktober posted:

I loved that they managed to do racial humor without having to do racial humor.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

This is the thing I think I laughed the hardest at, all season. The giant, naked hobo floating over the US. Then the blood rain for Christmas. The sheer absurdity and brilliance of it was an instant classic!

I'm surprised most people seem to think this was one of the worst episodes in the season. :iiam:

What, really? It's one of the strongest in the season.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Anatomy Park rules.

But I think people aren't giving Lawnmower Dog as much credit as they should. I get why, because Meeskees came right after that, and that episode takes it to a whole new level, but Lawnmower Dog showed me this show has the ability to have a nice, some what emotional conclusion without being cynical or nasty. Super refreshing. I like the cynical nasty stuff too, don't get me wrong. But I just love that ending, because they didn't take the lowest road they could. And that made scenes like the one at the end of Rick Potion all that much better.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

The run-in with Hepatitus C near the end of the episode is my favorite moment from a season filled with awesome moments.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
I still feel uneasy about the loving mortys getting punctured constantly matrix style :smith:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Veskit posted:

I still feel uneasy about the loving mortys getting punctured constantly matrix style :smith:

Better Matrix style than Prison style. :smugbird::goatsecx:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

CelticPredator posted:

Anatomy Park rules.

But I think people aren't giving Lawnmower Dog as much credit as they should. I get why, because Meeskees came right after that, and that episode takes it to a whole new level, but Lawnmower Dog showed me this show has the ability to have a nice, some what emotional conclusion without being cynical or nasty. Super refreshing. I like the cynical nasty stuff too, don't get me wrong. But I just love that ending, because they didn't take the lowest road they could. And that made scenes like the one at the end of Rick Potion all that much better.

Lawnmower dog was the first episode that really blew me away. I love it

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I'm still getting :psyboom: from finding out this is a Back to the Future spoof and not a riff on Doctor Who. My friend showed me the sneak peak and the pilot halfway through the season and I about died laughing and was instantly hooked, but didn't get why he thought it was funny since he never watched Doctor Who. I'm too lazy to go over to the piano, but I am pretty sure R&M's theme is a parody (if not a note-for-note inversion) of the Who theme.

I've spent the whole time until the season finale thinking the show was a DW meta-joke. :downs:

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
The animation during Two Brothers is really good. Especially when the moon crashes into the earth, because what do you do then?

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy

I'm still getting :psyboom: from finding out this is a Back to the Future spoof and not a riff on Doctor Who. My friend showed me the sneak peak and the pilot halfway through the season and I about died laughing and was instantly hooked, but didn't get why he thought it was funny since he never watched Doctor Who. I'm too lazy to go over to the piano, but I am pretty sure R&M's theme is a parody (if not a note-for-note inversion) of the Who theme.

I've spent the whole time until the season finale thinking the show was a DW meta-joke. :downs:

It's a parody of everything.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
I'm probably way behind on this because I'm slow as hell but I just realized the implications of Rick Potion #9 for Close Rick-Counters of the Rick Kind. Did the Council of Ricks know about the swap? Did Robot Rick get the right Rick? If not where on the evil spectrum does Rick Prime land?

Oh gawrsh I need more beer.

e: the season finale is definitely funnier on second viewing for some reason. my favorite bit was "Mein journey...is over" and Jerry's drawing

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Apr 18, 2014

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I would say they probably did. Also, don't think about it.

But yeah.

JacobinPhoney
Mar 21, 2013

KingsPawn posted:

Lincler's best line, and what sealed the deal that I really love this show, was "I'm going to emancipate you from your inferior genes." I couldn't stop laughing after hearing that. I had to excuse myself for a bit.

x2. That line had me rolling on the floor

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Everyone knows Rixty Minutes is the worst episode

(I still enjoyed it)

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It's the best episode. Actually.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

CelticPredator posted:

It's the best episode. Actually.

I got a kick out of the B plot but let's not lie to ourselves, it was a bottle episode. You remember that commercial where they see where it's going and winds up going nowhere? It's that

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
That episode is simultaneously the laziest episode and my least favorite and also the best episode and totally genius. It's like Schrödinger's episode, my opinion on it flips with every viewing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well, to each their own, I suppose. But it's the episode that makes me laugh the most. Just by the sheer insanity through out. Plus, without it, we wouldn't have the best moment of the show. Morty telling Summer about his grave, and the now famous quote "Everyone's gonna die, come watch TV." I love everything about it.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
So I was reading through this thread and I have two things to add

1) Gear dude at the party totally has Mutagen Man from TMNT's color scheme.

2) The show seems to have repeating instances of lives that exist only for the benefit/use of other lives. You've got the Ricks/Mortys relationship, Meeseeks, the butter robot, the dimension swap post Cronenberging, Anatomy Park, the hooka thing being smoked in the dimensional airport thing, and probably a lot more I'm not thinking of. I wonder if this is an intentional theme or just a side effect of the glorious nihilism the show thrives in.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I loved Rixty Minutes.

Is it too early to start talking about what we'd like to see in season two? Because here's what's on my list:

* Beth centric b-plots, or even an a-plot. She seems like an interesting character and I'd like to see that explored.
* Lovecraftian inspired horror (Jerry develops 'the innsmouth look'! Hilarity ensues!)
* We find out what happened to Rick's ex-wife and what his relationship with her was like.
* The return of Evil Morty.
* The return of Doofus Rick.
* Something involving a giant crab. Giant crabs are comedy gold.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I've written an entire Tolstoyian novel about Morty and the redhead having all kinds of sex

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Whoa what happened to your Avatar? It was the most recognizable avatar on these forums.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

* Something involving a giant crab. Giant crabs are comedy gold.

Hey, I'll take it over Mumford and Sons.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 19, 2014

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
I think the only thing I don't like about the show is Rick breaking the 4th wall every now and again. But it's not like it keeps me awake at night or anything.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Lincoln also gets used alot because he's visually distinctive. You dont have to go into tons of detail, just have the beard and hat and everyone will recognize him.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Talorat posted:

Whoa what happened to your Avatar? It was the most recognizable avatar on these forums.

Game of Thrones :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

a shameful boehner posted:

Hey, I'll take it over Mumford and Sons.

This guy is ON it!

• Locked thread