Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

Give me the Shinn SEED portrait. Please. Please.

Also hates you.

Basically everyone with funny eyes hates you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

He hates you so much.

ImpAtom posted:

Also hates you.

Ahahahahahaha these are amazing and terrifying at the same time. I can't wait for Lacus' :black101: face.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Clearly we need more Ryouma eyes.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
For those who haven't played this is actually Shinn's "neutral" portrait when he's in SEED mode. He has others.

God they're so silly

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Jesus christ, at least Suzaku looks okay.

What do you mean you forgot the chicken nuggets?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

Clearly we need more Ryouma eyes.

He hates you.

Kouji is just crazy.

Dancouga Nova doesn't want to put up with your poo poo.

Shinji Ikari... Shinji Ikari tries.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Huh. I'm going through the portraits for Z3.1, and there's a lot of stuff that I thought was covered in Z2, like Kallen in her schoolgirl hairstyle. Are there flashbacks, or did more series get setback then I expected?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Huh. I'm going through the portraits for Z3.1, and there's a lot of stuff that I thought was covered in Z2, like Kallen in her schoolgirl hairstyle. Are there flashbacks, or did more series get setback then I expected?

Kallen in her schoolgirl outfit shows up shortly after her debut. Several others, like Young Simon and Scirocco, show up during the Spiral Labyrinth.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Probably the only time I've seen Quattre have a mad portrait in SRW.

Yeah this is the one. There's no special story behind this, it just pops up from time to time while he's in SEED mode.

This is Riddhe btw, if you don't recognize him.

I think almost all of Riddhe's portraits are awful. Seriously probably the worst in the game.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

The three best portraits. Holy hell they're really getting specific with them.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Kallen in her schoolgirl outfit shows up shortly after her debut. Several others, like Young Simon and Scirocco, show up during the Spiral Labyrinth.

Ooh, forgot that GL's plot didn't finish.

...Does Hibiki have three variations of 'weird eye poo poo'? There's the classic mind control dull eyes, fully blank white eyes, and his eyes also turn red. I guess the first two could simply be standard expressions that are used for humor, but the third appears to be something related to his sphere.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Policenaut posted:

What do you mean you forgot the chicken nuggets?

It's Ten loving Fifty Five! The breakfast menu is supposed to be until eleven!

Seriously gently caress the half-body busts, the portrait work in Z3 is incredible bar a couple of hilarious sets like Riddhe.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Hellioning posted:

Ooh, forgot that GL's plot didn't finish.

...Does Hibiki have three variations of 'weird eye poo poo'? There's the classic mind control dull eyes, fully blank white eyes, and his eyes also turn red. I guess the first two could simply be standard expressions that are used for humor, but the third appears to be something related to his sphere.

The third is in relation to his backstory. Hibiki's father and sister were presumably killed in a dimension quake caused by an "angel" he thinks is Gatride- He can sense his presence because whenever he's near one of his eyes turn red (like the people in the hospital, other people who survived dimension quakes who got this bloody eye thing which leaves them without emotions aside from fear).

But when cancer man shows up at the end he gets a red eye again so it probably wasn't Gatride.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Onmi posted:

The third is in relation to his backstory. Hibiki's father and sister were presumably killed in a dimension quake caused by an "angel" he thinks is Gatride- He can sense his presence because whenever he's near one of his eyes turn red (like the people in the hospital, other people who survived dimension quakes who got this bloody eye thing which leaves them without emotions aside from fear).

But when cancer man shows up at the end he gets a red eye again so it probably wasn't Gatride.

Not even sphere related, then? Hmm. Man I need to find a translated summary of this game's plot.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hellioning posted:

Not even sphere related, then? Hmm. Man I need to find a translated summary of this game's plot.

Hibiki doesn't get a sphere until really late in the game. Like 3 stages from the end late.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
How do they handle the Spiral Labyrinth?

Wow, this made me just think that Gundam Build Fighters is one.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Broken Loose posted:

Of course! That's where all the cameos came from!

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Okay this made me laugh, these portraits are fantastic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Broken Loose posted:

Shinji's Spiral Labyrinth is Girlfriend of Steel.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Endorph posted:

Shinji's Spiral Labyrinth is Girlfriend of Steel.

Bright's Spiral Labyrinth is "The Man Who Couldn't Ride the Rainbow."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Shinn's Spiral Labyrinth is unaltered Gundam Seed Destiny.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Koji's Spiral Labyrinth is Tranzor Z. Everyone calls him Tommy and he doesn't understand why.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Kallen's default portrait looks really sad and disinterested.

Also I think Mao's dirty face wins. I dunno where y'all are getting these clean portrait rips from though.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Lurking in the depths of the portraits is this thing.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also I think Mao's dirty face wins. I dunno where y'all are getting these clean portrait rips from though.

Pureauthor mentioned it - http://mechanicalsaviour.blogspot.com/

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Whoa, awesome.

Best friends forever. Though so far they haven't interacted as much as I expected.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Jesus Christ that Riddhe portrait is awful, he looks like something out of a bad webcomic. I can't believe the Hot Dog portraits are in though, that's incredible.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Samurai Sanders posted:

Whoa, awesome.

Best friends forever. Though so far they haven't interacted as much as I expected.

I love Mao's poo poo eating grin :swoon:

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Pureauthor posted:

Lurking in the depths of the portraits is this thing.

Canonical result of Basara trying to photoshop himself to look more like Goku.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ImpAtom posted:

Hibiki doesn't get a sphere until really late in the game. Like 3 stages from the end late.

Speaking of, how many more are there? We've got a quota to hit.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

HitTheTargets posted:

Speaking of, how many more are there? We've got a quota to hit.

Travis Touchdown 尸空 (does Banpresto indicate how this name is read in-game, like they did with Taihou and Kanan) shows up at some point and he has the Silent Cancer (沈黙の巨蟹) Sphere.

So, we still need to find: Sagittarius, Taurus, Scorpio and Pisces (will they consider Serpentarius?). Granted, going by Asakim's reveal in Z2, he already has one of those so we need at least three more Sphere users.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Actually, Asakim got the rest. No more new Sphere holders.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Onmi posted:

Actually, Asakim got the rest. No more new Sphere holders.

How did he get the rest? As of the moment of his sealing, he had Capricorn, one unspecified sphere and, if the normal route is canon, he'd also have Aries and Aquarius.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

How did he get the rest? As of the moment of his sealing, he had Capricorn, one unspecified sphere and, if the normal route is canon, he'd also have Aries and Aquarius.

His Library says he has Seven Spheres, that's what TE says anyway and he's been correct on pretty much everything

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Onmi posted:

His Library says he has Seven Spheres, that's what TE says anyway and he's been correct on pretty much everything

Well, that's disappointing. I could swear, by the end of Z2.2, Asakim mentioned that he only had the two before going after Crow/Aim/Uther.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

TARDISman posted:

Koji's Spiral Labyrinth is Tranzor Z. Everyone calls him Tommy and he doesn't understand why.

Char's Spiral Labyrinth is Gundam-san.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Brunom1 posted:

Well, that's disappointing. I could swear, by the end of Z2.2, Asakim mentioned that he only had the two before going after Crow/Aim/Uther.

Indeed, I would have liked to see more Mecha based on the spheres, though on the plus side, if Z3-2 gives you the choice between Rand, Setsuko, Crowe and Hibiki, that'll be cool. As it is, I was originally really skeptical over Z3s plot, and the more I learned about it the more awesome it is.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I want all the spheres to combine next game and form what is basically TTGL but piloted by all the sphere holders. The dead ones can come back and be chill like the Spiral King.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Maybe their users had already died somewhere else.

So when Asakim got tossed into the ZONE he was like 'Oh, sweet. Free Spheres."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Onmi posted:

No, they're playable in SRW3, I think 4, and Alpha 1. they're just never given Mobile Suits in those games, so unless you go out of your way to give them something, they'll sit on the sidelines untouched.

By the way, has anyone edited the Alpha Save Editor to work on Windows 7?

https://mega.co.nz/#F!yJh3nLoB!vJxZN2N-viUSpnMgRVPITw

This has both the AG and Alpha versions that should work in non-XP platforms. Let me know if you have any trouble with them.

• Locked thread